Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 31, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man this fight between Wendy and Ezel has some of the best animation in awhile. Loved how fierce Wendy is in Dragon Force and how she stood her ground until the end of the fight finally getting her first big solo win in the series.

Then all feels between Wendy and Carla ;_; this part got to me in the manga too. Probably my favorite episode of Fairy Tail 2014 series if not the entirety of the Fairy Tail anime because my favorite character got her big moment to shine!
Aiko_HiroshiJul 31, 2015 6:51 PM
Jul 31, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
Mm, pretty decent fight between Wendy and Ezel. It was nice seeing her go in Dragon Force mode although she still struggles a bit.

The other battles were meh but I think they were get their major spotlights soon. This isn't my favorite fight though. Expecting more from this arc soon although it did capture the emotional elements in the second half with Wendy/Carly moments.

For some reason, I think my favorite part this episode is when Carly first hatched her egg. It's from there that she developed a connection with a young Wendy.

Jul 31, 2015 7:25 PM

Jun 2013
Studio pisses me off, they did a good job with the fights in NNT, they could've done better.
Jul 31, 2015 7:39 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode, Wendy had her time to shine. Wendy going Dragon Force, she looked awesome with the purple hair and kicking Ezel's butt. Wendy was not passive at all, she was ready to fight, she has come a long way from the Wendy we knew when she was first introduced.

Wendy beats Ezel, but Face is still going to go off, how do they stop it, well Charles uses her psychic powers to come up with a plan to blow Face up and sacrifice their lives. We than we see some clips, little Wendy and Charles are so cute, we also see a seen from their introductory episode and I am not sure they added some duologue, I don't remember Charles saying "we be together forever".

So Face blow up, Wendy and Charles are dead? No, Doranbolt comes at the minute to save them, wow awesome. I can't believe when this chapter came out, how many people were mad that Doranbolt saved them and didn't allow them to sacrifice their lives, people expected Wendy and Charles to die? Seriously, I would understand if it was Makarov that is about to make a noble sacrifice and Doranbolt saved him, Makarov is an old man, him making a noble sacrifice would be a great way to close this character and have him step aside and let the younger generation take over, but a little girl like Wendy, come on people.

Next episode, oh man one of the best characters of the arc makes his debut.

Other news, in volume 49 of the manga, Hiro said in the anime there will three new enemies exclusive to the manga in this arc, and Laxus is going to have some awesome moments that is exclusive to the anime, so Laxus fans rejoice.
Jul 31, 2015 7:52 PM

Dec 2009
blfan said:
Great episode, Wendy had her time to shine. Wendy going Dragon Force, she looked awesome with the purple hair and kicking Ezel's butt. Wendy was not passive at all, she was ready to fight, she has come a long way from the Wendy we knew when she was first introduced.

Wendy beats Ezel, but Face is still going to go off, how do they stop it, well Charles uses her psychic powers to come up with a plan to blow Face up and sacrifice their lives. We than we see some clips, little Wendy and Charles are so cute, we also see a seen from their introductory episode and I am not sure they added some duologue, I don't remember Charles saying "we be together forever".

So Face blow up, Wendy and Charles are dead? No, Doranbolt comes at the minute to save them, wow awesome. I can't believe when this chapter came out, how many people were mad that Doranbolt saved them and didn't allow them to sacrifice their lives, people expected Wendy and Charles to die? Seriously, I would understand if it was Makarov that is about to make a noble sacrifice and Doranbolt saved him, Makarov is an old man, him making a noble sacrifice would be a great way to close this character and have him step aside and let the younger generation take over, but a little girl like Wendy, come on people.

Next episode, oh man one of the best characters of the arc makes his debut.

Other news, in volume 49 of the manga, Hiro said in the anime there will three new enemies exclusive to the manga in this arc, and Laxus is going to have some awesome moments that is exclusive to the anime, so Laxus fans rejoice.

Agreed, it would have been stupid for Wendy and Carla to be the first main characters of the series to die. They're essentially the babies of the group.
Jul 31, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2011
Half the episode dedicated to a cliche sad montage only for them to survive through some lazy asspull.

1/5
How could anyone defend this?
Jul 31, 2015 7:54 PM

Mar 2014
So proud of Wendy! >.< Her dragon force is so awesome!
Jul 31, 2015 7:59 PM
Feb 2013
Sv3rr3 said:
Half the episode dedicated to a cliche sad montage only for them to survive through some lazy asspull.

1/5

^ hater alert........ -_-
Jul 31, 2015 8:02 PM

Aug 2011
myanime2 said:
Sv3rr3 said:

1/5

^ hater alert........ -_-

Sure, someone who's been following this anime for years is a hater. Great logic there kiddo.
Jul 31, 2015 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
that fight could've been longer. My only complaint
Jul 31, 2015 8:22 PM

Mar 2013
CodeZwei said:

^this

I felt it was a little fast imo, but still great overall.

I'm not that big of a fan of wendy or charles, but they really did shine in this episode. Looking through all the the moments they've been through together was so heartwarming.
sweet5Jul 31, 2015 9:22 PM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jul 31, 2015 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
I was about to cry for an hour if they died.
Jul 31, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
Sv3rr3 said:

1/5

Really? It's a shounen man, how many characters you've seen put in the same kind of situation and manage to escape? In the manga it felt shorter, here it was a bit stretched out.
Jul 31, 2015 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
CodeZwei said:

I watched the fight 3-4 times lol, and I still think they could've handle it better, still good overall. Now it had its purpose to be short, because Face was about the activate and Wendy didn't have time, so she needed to win asap, I thought that fist pretty well.
metsujinJul 31, 2015 8:39 PM
Jul 31, 2015 8:39 PM
Mar 2015
metsujin said:
Studio pisses me off, they did a good job with the fights in NNT, they could've done better.

Well compared to nnt the per episode budget for ft is less
also they did animate natsu vs jackal nicely, jellal vs os too
the problem with this fight was the frames and colour werent clear, they could have given a better view of ezel's and wendy's attack
also part 3 is coming
Jul 31, 2015 8:46 PM

Aug 2011
metsujin said:
Sv3rr3 said:

1/5

Really? It's a shounen man, how many characters you've seen put in the same kind of situation and manage to escape? In the manga it felt shorter, here it was a bit stretched out.

There is no excuse for terrible writing, plenty shounen anime kill of characters hell even Fairy Tail has done it. I wouldn't have minded it as much if it wasn't as stretched out as you said though.
Jul 31, 2015 8:52 PM

Mar 2008
Wendy's dragon force was awesome! I knew Doranbalt would come in and same them.
Jul 31, 2015 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
Sv3rr3 said:
metsujin said:

There is no excuse for terrible writing, plenty shounen anime kill of characters hell even Fairy Tail has done it. I wouldn't have minded it as much if it wasn't as stretched out as you said though.

And yet plenty MAIN characters survive via asspulls, can give you tons of examples from popular shounen, were main characters were a near death situation and still got saved.
Jul 31, 2015 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
milkydean said:
metsujin said:

Well compared to nnt the per episode budget for ft is less
also they did animate natsu vs jackal nicely, jellal vs os too
the problem with this fight was the frames and colour werent clear, they could have given a better view of ezel's and wendy's attack
also part 3 is coming
Csk?
Jul 31, 2015 9:08 PM
Dec 2014
I feel like they should have ended the episode at the explosion, then made anime original scenes with Wendy/Carla in a sort of dream like state then wake up to find that Doranbolt saved them as the beginning of the next episode, other than that, it was the best episode in a while.

That is the kind of filler that should be made.
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Jul 31, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
So I just hope this Wendy x Carla + Mest moment doesnt impact future ships cause that's just weird. Mest is old.
Jul 31, 2015 9:14 PM
Jul 2015
This fight is my favourite in tartaros and the animation is actually good and im glad that wendy got to shine in this arc
5/5
Jul 31, 2015 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Well based on earlier arcs, it's not totally unreasonable for Doranbalt to be keeping loose tabs on Wendy, but this was certainly an unexpected last second rescue. After the montage of Wendy & Carla moments I fully expected them to be gone.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 31, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
metsujin said:
Sv3rr3 said:

And yet plenty MAIN characters survive via asspulls, can give you tons of examples from popular shounen, were main characters were a near death situation and still got saved.

Sure you can, but not many that were as terribly executed as this though.
Jul 31, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2010
Some really nice Wendy and Charla moments in this episode. It is these moments that I have to hand it to the composers for making wonderful music. Seeing their first encounter and see the two's family again, that was quite the feels ride :o The scene where Wendy doesn't even know what "friendship" is, and also being able to smile despite being in such a predicament...

Always welcome more episode that are filled with emotions!
Jul 31, 2015 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
Sv3rr3 said:
Sure you can, but not many that were as terribly executed as this though.

I'll probably put the spoiler tag, just because. And I won't go into detail, just briefly explaining.
metsujinJul 31, 2015 9:29 PM
Jul 31, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2014
As much as I love wendy and carla, I kind of wished that they died there. I mean it would be one hell of a way to end a character. Best way to die in any show is to save the world which is what they did. Idk I just love heroic deaths better than last minute saves. I have no idea why doranbolt was there.
Jul 31, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2011
metsujin said:
Sv3rr3 said:

1/5

True but this was really...really lame. I mean this could of had the exact same result but have been done so much better. The fact this got stretched out is what made it worse. I'm just saying they could of let the boom stay lowered for a few minutes or made Doranbalt's rescue a little less cheesy for what was being built up to this big moment for Wendy.

ChickenTarm said:
As much as I love wendy and carla, I kind of wished that they died there. I mean it would be one hell of a way to end a character. Best way to die in any show is to save the world which is what they did. Idk I just love heroic deaths better than last minute saves. I have no idea why doranbolt was there.

If this would of been the send off to Wendy's character it would of been a terrible send off. She would deserve a much better lead up and actual death. So I'm glad this wasn't that. The hero vibe got lost to the friendship vibe.
Jul 31, 2015 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
One of the better episodes I really enjoyed it. Wendy was insane but I'm still surprised that she struggled a bit even when she was in Dragon Force mode. I never really liked Carla but damn in this episode she was brilliant and her bond with Wendy is amazing!

But of course.. nobody dies in Fairy Tail so once the face got destroyed I just knew that Mest would come and save them ~
Jul 31, 2015 9:50 PM

Mar 2014
IZEROII said:

If this would of been the send off to Wendy's character it would of been a terrible send off. She would deserve a much better lead up and actual death. So I'm glad this wasn't that. The hero vibe got lost to the friendship vibe.

Yeah, I can see how you think like that. I guess a real heroic send off would feature more of the fairy tail members struggling in battle and such. Also would show some innocent towns people doing their thing just to emphasize the sacrifice to save the world.
Jul 31, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
crashinho said:

But of course.. nobody dies in Fairy Tail so once the face got destroyed I just knew that Mest would come and save them ~

Except for Simon, Zancrow, Hades, Council Members, Lucy from the future...
Jul 31, 2015 9:53 PM
Jul 2015
crashinho said:
One of the better episodes I really enjoyed it. Wendy was insane but I'm still surprised that she struggled a bit even when she was in Dragon Force mode. I never really liked Carla but damn in this episode she was brilliant and her bond with Wendy is amazing!

Lol what about simon.u know that simon died
Jul 31, 2015 9:54 PM

Mar 2014
metsujin said:
crashinho said:

Not sure if it is fair to list the bad guys there since yah know... they were supposed to be beat up by fairy tail.
Jul 31, 2015 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Sv3rr3 said:
metsujin said:

>killing the loli

Butcher pls.

Also my favorite antagonist is appearing soon (next week I think?), so I'm hype.
Jul 31, 2015 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
I'm a mango reader, I know what will happen..
but man, I still can't hold these feels.. ;-;

m8, face will blow up in 5mins, how come the fight will be longer..
some people
Jul 31, 2015 10:50 PM

Feb 2013
And here comes Doranbolt, Mr. Deus Ex Machina himself! lol

Jul 31, 2015 11:02 PM

Dec 2014
ChickenTarm said:

Heroic sacrifices are not a good thing. Don't you remember what was said in tower of heaven?
Jul 31, 2015 11:26 PM

Dec 2014
Fairy Tail needs to kill a bitch already.
Aug 1, 2015 12:07 AM

May 2015
Doranbolt to the rescue figures, Keeps getting better and better! Still I wish they'd just sacrifice themselves makes the whole flashback of there adventures something to remember kinda makes it worthless now that they got saved again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2015 12:16 AM

Jan 2015
Oww Wendy is growing up well, not the lest bit bad Wendy-chan and that was actually so emotional, Doranbalt coming for them at the end was such a nice surprise
Aug 1, 2015 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Next few eps should be good.

Aug 1, 2015 2:08 AM

Jun 2012
didn't expect them to live, really surprised

not
Aug 1, 2015 2:20 AM

Feb 2013
metsujin said:
crashinho said:

Also Gray died.
Aug 1, 2015 2:23 AM

May 2014
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at people who thought they were gonna die.
this is the same anime thats "actually" bringing people back from the dead for no reason .... so dont expect them to kill off a kawai moe loli and her neko any time soon LOL.
me while watching the scene :" okay so when is Drambolto gonna show up ?? -_-"

@OP: overall nice episode .... lolis loosing their shit and going on a rampage is always a 10/10.
Aug 1, 2015 2:25 AM

May 2014
metsujin said:
crashinho said:

who are these people ?!?!
and one lucy is more then enough ... thaks
this is probably what the mangaka also thought ....
Aug 1, 2015 2:41 AM

Mar 2010
will this story and animation/adaptation gets better? i am sad :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2015 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Sebastian333 said:
will this story and animation/adaptation gets better? i am sad :(

Story does. Doubt the animation will improve.
Aug 1, 2015 2:46 AM

Aug 2012
Wendy Dragon force was badass. The second half had me them feels, but of course Doranbolt comes and saves the day.
Aug 1, 2015 2:49 AM

May 2010
Ah man, they should have gone for a cliffhanger there... Anyways, brilliant adaptation. Wendy had such an incredible character development. She used to be so shy and nervous but now look at her. She is willing to sacrifice herself for everyone. Both her and Carla are admirable. All in all, beautiful.

I just can't wait for those glorious Lucy chapters. Those were so incredible, and I am feeling goosebumps just by reminiscing them. You guys will know when you watch. Long story short, I fell for Lucy all over again. She really is the best character of FT for me (along with Gray)
Aug 1, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2014
Great fight.

Don't scare me like this. I thought they would really die.
Thanks Doranbolt.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 80 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

82 by 449hill »»
May 31, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.