Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well now this got more interesting.

There's finally action show in their world especially in the second half of the episode. And it isn't shy either on blood being spilled. I also kinda like the way Momonga is designed in this episode too:

Jul 21, 2015 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
Madhouse censors nothing. Amazing. The death knight was brutal. What he did to that one soldier was horrifying. Like he's dead already, could you stop stabbing him? Lots of anger issues, that knight.
Jul 21, 2015 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was really good. More of this please after the slow ass start.

I see, he is losing some of his humanity seemingly.
Jul 21, 2015 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
So much graphic violence this week! :D Good episode, but I wanted it to last longer.
Jul 21, 2015 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Took 2 episodes to get to the meat... Fair enough
Jul 21, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2012
FINALY!

That was an awesome ep (but i dont like this mask :c)

Jul 21, 2015 9:25 AM
May 2013
As LN and Manga reader, i say this episode is excellent! man so thrill watching this episode. its more better than manga portray it. Next episode more battle ahead. cant wait for next week.
Jul 21, 2015 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
I LOVED THIS EPISODE. DAMN. I am so happy he wrecked those bastards. I wonder what kind of monsters are attacking, and if he will call all of his guards to fight. I like that knight, that came at the end of the episode. I was sooo satisfied, when his undead soldier killed that spoiled noble, that wanted the other to die so that he can escape. It was great.
Jul 21, 2015 9:36 AM
Jun 2015
Great episode. I'm really liking the pacing. It allows me to appreciate the action scenes much more than I normally would. The worldbuilding has been on point as well.

The scene with the death knight was so brutal that it actually made me cringe a bit. The lack of censorship really surprised me. Props to Madhouse on that.
okqoiwfklweJul 21, 2015 4:41 PM
Jul 21, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
I am glad they didn't censor anything.
That was a gruesome slaughtering indeed. The death knight was brutal, Stabbing the death soldier over and over lol.
He doesn't feel anything even though he just killed a fellow humans like him, and yet he wanted to save that village. Apparently he is going to lose his humanity side completely in the later episode

Jul 21, 2015 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
I can't get enough of this anime, I really want to see how his power play out in the bigger picture. I just love how powerful he is lol.
Jul 21, 2015 9:51 AM

Apr 2014
enjoy every minute this episode especially when it's not have slaughter censer ballship thank god madhouse!
only one complain they also cut kneel before ainz joke too guess for better pacing.
Jul 21, 2015 9:52 AM

Feb 2015

Albedo's armor is how a female armor should be. Bikini Warriors, take note.

Yay for no censors! Thank you, Madhouse. That slaughter increased my psycho pass.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2015 9:52 AM
Dec 2012
Seiryuu2 said:
I am glad they didn't censor anything.
That was a gruesome slaughtering indeed. The death knight was brutal, Stabbing the death soldier over and over lol.
He doesn't feel anything even though he just killed a fellow humans like him, and yet he wanted to save that village. Apparently he is going to lose his humanity side completely in the later episode

In LN it's way more explanation , he save the village because he want to have more information ,test stuff out and also by doing so get some neutral karma for "touch me" , he always have ulterior motive , this anime still doesn't quite explain that yet
Jul 21, 2015 9:53 AM

Feb 2014
Momonga is godlike! I really like him. And he's too op for those guys... damn what a massacre.
Jul 21, 2015 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
Finally, something happened, the MC could have seriously hurried up when he introduced himself to the girls, uh, that kinda broke the action excitement I had going there, not to mention it broke into exposition as soon as it was done, eh.
That cliffhanger too.
Not bad so far though, pacing could still be a bit faster overall though.
Jul 21, 2015 10:05 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit, this honestly felt like 10 minutes. I thought the first half was done and then the ED started playing. I must be really into this.
Jul 21, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
Really digging Albedo's armor. That is how armors should be.
I am glad Momonga is starting the conquest.

That death knight stab... oh glorious, no censor.
Episode felt so short. They should have at least previewed the ones surrounding the village.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2015 10:09 AM
Nov 2012
Paulo27 said:
Finally, something happened, the MC could have seriously hurried up when he introduced himself to the girls, uh, that kinda broke the action excitement I had going there, not to mention it broke into exposition as soon as it was done, eh.
That cliffhanger too.
Well the pacing simply coudn't have been faster....they already skipped a lot of inner monologues including that soldier who died and a detailed talk about various subjects with the village head, or rather everything was fast forwarded which makes some of the interactions seem very shallow

There's also a reason they are attacking those villages and it's definitely not plunder but that'll probably be explained next ep, hopefully.
That said I really enjoyed this episode was great seeing the death knight.
Jul 21, 2015 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
ggYeti said:
Paulo27 said:
That cliffhanger too.
Well the pacing simply coudn't have been faster....they already skipped a lot of inner monologues including that soldier who died and a detailed talk about various subjects with the village head, or rather everything was fast forwarded which makes some of the interactions seem very shallow

There's also a reason they are attacking those villages and it's definitely not plunder but that'll probably be explained next ep, hopefully.
That said I really enjoyed this episode was great seeing the death knight.
The guys talked about it at the start of the episode, even the MC wondered about something similar, I think it's very obvious why they attacked the village. And honestly, all that stuff that I read above about them skipping game mechanics or various subjects with the chief and stuff, that doesn't matter here, it really doesn't, it's just extra stuff that really doesn't add much to the story, they just gave us the essential information: what he had from the game doesn't work and the countries are at war, that's enough here.
The MC already has enough monologues by himself too.
Jul 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2012
Albdedo's armor is pretty cool :D
Jul 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Feb 2015
Damn, I never expected Overlord to be this gory. I mean it's nothing over the top, but I didn't think we'd see head's flying and people being cut in half. That was amazing, but I will say one thing, I wish he stayed in his Knight suit, I hate that big bulky and those damn's bone horns lol.

Also, I think Albedo is my fav character this year, I mean her Suit freaking rule's, wish we got to see he in action but that Death Knight made up for that (Somewhat)
I'm really enjoying this and now I'm preying someone brings the manga oversea's
Also, was I the only one who thought that was too short, I mean it felt too short must have been that good
Jul 21, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2011
SchwingBoner said:

i'm still asking to myself how did she put on the helmet with those horns of hers.
Jul 21, 2015 10:21 AM
Oct 2014
FallenUndead said:
Damn, I never expected Overlord to be this gory. I mean it's nothing over the top, but I didn't think we'd see head's flying and people being cut in half. That was amazing, but I will say one thing, I wish he stayed in his Knight suit, I hate that big bulky and those damn's bone horns lol.

Also, I think Albedo is my fav character this year, I mean her Suit freaking rule's, wish we got to see he in action but that Death Knight made up for that (Somewhat)
Also, was I the only one who thought that was too short, I mean it felt too short must have been that good

It gets worse (in terms of gore) trust me. LN reader.
Jul 21, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
kataklism said:
SchwingBoner said:

i'm still asking to myself how did she put on the helmet with those horns of hers.
It opens on the side.
Jul 21, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode once again, things are going well.
Jul 21, 2015 10:43 AM
Nov 2012
Paulo27 said:
The guys talked about it at the start of the episode, even the MC wondered about something similar, I think it's very obvious why they attacked the village. And honestly, all that stuff that I read above about them skipping game mechanics or various subjects with the chief and stuff, that doesn't matter here, it really doesn't, it's just extra stuff that really doesn't add much to the story, they just gave us the essential information: what he had from the game doesn't work and the countries are at war, that's enough here.
The MC already has enough monologues by himself too.
See actually It does matter, these little things combined are also a part that make the novel what it really is. Of course I'm not complaining too much since it's impossible to fit everything in the anime format.But because of that fast forwarding some people might've gotten confused on some of the things like currency for example It's definitely not unusable just not in circulation but it was actually used by Ainz to make a deal with the village head. That currency thing is very important later on.Of course I wasnt expecting them to put those in just saying that details do matter and that the pace simply cant be speeded up any more.

Just like that scene with Demiurge in the previous episode.

Ah and that plundering- It's not for causing strife between countries like Ainz thought, although he got part of it right.. They'll definitiely mention it next ep.
ggYetiJul 21, 2015 10:50 AM
Jul 21, 2015 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
given this pace, i wonder if they will rush through some chapters? Or maybe we may be looking at a second season.
Jul 21, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
This episode is awesome O_O

It's a pity that there are only 13 episodes... :(
Jul 21, 2015 10:56 AM
Apr 2015
FallenUndead said:

That was nothing compared to other scenes described in the light novels.
Jul 21, 2015 10:59 AM
Aug 2014
I am luvin it. It is great how he tries to remain neutral, not too heartless and not too merciful. Watching dem hooomans die was great especially with no censor!
Jul 21, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
Hooray, they didn't censor all the violence. The first two episodes were interesting as buildup, but now that we've got to the action things will only continue to get more and more interesting. The Death Knight was as brutal and epic as in the LN as well, despite being in some CGI that, while not bad in itself, does not fit in well with the rest of the series' aesthetic.

Nov 2014
Decent episode, loved seeing him massacre them! I can't wait to see what will happen next! He's fighting an entire army?!
Hi there
Jul 2015
Amazing episode. We've just had a taste of his powers.
Jul 21, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it :D Adaption wise and episode wise. It was awesome how they summarized the conversation with the chief of the village with Ainz's monologue.

Ainz is too BA! Gotta love how he approaches a new world and gains intel first. That's how a character should be. Also him not saving the village for free was awesome too.

The Death Knight was brutal :D Nxt ep should be awesome
Jul 21, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
Albedo's armor, oh my gawd it's so sexy :O

Jul 21, 2015 11:33 AM
Feb 2013
Awesome episode! Hope this won't turn out to be a dissapointment.
Jul 21, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I really loved how Death Knight owned those evil knights.
Jul 21, 2015 11:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very different from the previous episodes. The mistery of the world he's ended in is quite thick. I'm really enjoying this
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 21, 2015 11:38 AM

Mar 2009
I almost lost faith in you for the last two episodes Madhouse, almost!

Really neat animation and action scenes this episode. Also of course that armor. <3
Jul 21, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
I'm really glad there isn't any censoring. That scene with the Death Knight was brutal but for some reason I found myself laughing when he was repeatedly stabbing the shit out of that guy offering the money for protection lol
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 21, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Wow. Something actually happened in this episode and not just pointless talking.
OK episode.

Still not a big fan of this world. I have no idea how it works.. it's just a bunch of name drops and info dumps. Is there even any real depth to this world?

Seriously, give us proper world building like in Magi or Nanatsu no Taizai
Jul 21, 2015 11:44 AM
Jul 2015
best episode
Jul 21, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
Wow that was a good episode and it leaves off at just the perfect spot.

Really enjoyed the magic that was used along with all the interactions.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 21, 2015 12:02 PM

May 2015
This anime is getting better every episode.
I like how momonga notices subtle but important things.
The opening is really nice.
That mask though lol.
Adelaide's armor is nice.
There are indeed still some things i don't understand in this world, but i'm sure they'll get covered soon.
5/5 episode :)
Jul 21, 2015 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
Want to see Albedo in action! Great episode, things are really picking up felt like it was over so fast. Bring on the next episode!
Jul 21, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
The death knight mercilessly enjoying massacring the knights.

This episode was good to pique my interest on other possible spells, especially the summoning spells and other game mechanics. Any other potential ex-players could be interesting, seeing a glimpse of Touch-san.

World building wise, still waiting for more information and development.
Jul 21, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
Madhouse strikes again, holy sh*t. It was way better than the manga, I can't wait to see the next battle.
Jul 21, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
i loved when death k. poked that guy in the back till he died :)
Jul 21, 2015 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
This is like drug for me. I want more!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.