Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think these forums will gain more traffic at some point?

New
Apr 21, 2014 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
wqqqqqqqqqwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
removed-userJul 2, 2020 12:37 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 21, 2014 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
I think it's more active than the other anime forums.
Apr 21, 2014 5:32 PM
Jul 2013
Just dropping this:

If the current issues continue being unsolved, all your going to see here is declining not increasing. The forums are already shit (with all do respect to all), considering this to be my last post here.
Apr 21, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
BeyondNero said:
Just dropping this:

If the current issues continue being unsolved, all your going to see here is declining not increasing. The forums are already shit (with all do respect to all), considering this to be my last post here.

Whats wrong with them???
Apr 21, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
ZestyChesty said:
BeyondNero said:
Just dropping this:

Whats wrong with them???

Read the top topics here in this section, and if you can't answer that, then you obviously came from 4-chan.
Apr 21, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
RedArmyShogun said:
ZestyChesty said:
BeyondNero said:
Just dropping this:

Whats wrong with them???

Read the top topics here in this section, and if you can't answer that, then you obviously came from 4-chan.

I did come from 4chan and it seems decent enough. I know that a lot of these threads come from trying to just make activity if anything. The more people who use a forum the higher the quality of the posts and threads provided the community is good. And at least compared to 4chan this place seems good enough.
Apr 21, 2014 5:38 PM

Mar 2014
Not like we can make that problem go away, so,yeh we're kinda stuck
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 21, 2014 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
As long as the users who I enjoy replying to keep posting, whatev --

It'll be summer soon and there'll inevitably be an influx of new people asking if they can watch SAO II without watching the first among other inane questions

edit: BELIEVE IT!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Apr 21, 2014 5:40 PM

Jan 2013
I would say when it comes to forums this place is overall okay, but the toxic stupidity of it at times, I have only seen worse in one other forum. The Bioware Social Network. If the banhammer was swung a bit more and its massive member base encouraged to post might be better *shrugs*
Apr 21, 2014 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
StardustPhantom said:
Not like we can make that problem go away, so,yeh we're kinda stuck

But I want more people to post. Just a few hundred more D:
Apr 21, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
Should probably post more educated threads... :|
(Talking to myself)
Apr 21, 2014 5:44 PM

Nov 2013
I hate these forums. But for some reason, I spend most my time here.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Apr 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
I would say when it comes to forums this place is overall okay, but the toxic stupidity of it at times, I have only seen worse in one other forum. The Bioware Social Network. If the banhammer was swung a bit more and its massive member base encouraged to post might be better *shrugs*

If the banhammer was struck to every stupid person in this forum, it'd be a ghost town.
Apr 21, 2014 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:

If the banhammer was struck to every stupid person in this forum, it'd be a ghost town.

Ive seen forums be dwindled to nothing because of mods who banned people for minor offenses.
Apr 21, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:

So true.
I would have been kicked already.
Off topic: We have mods and admins here? o.O?
Apr 21, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2008
RedArmyShogun said:
Pardon me but you say a bit of toxic stuff here on this forum. Aren't you part of the problem? You use toxic to describe stupidity, but toxic posts in general that spreads negativity is also an issue here.
Apr 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
ZestyChesty said:
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Ive seen forums be dwindled to nothing because of mods who banned people for minor offenses.

Not saying for every offense. But some of the repeat shit posters that keep doing the same shit need to go. What they do isn't to "cause activity" its for the lulz as they say. Get some good topics worth talking about on here and people will. The main problem with this section is simple. You mostly have three topic types.

One is some anti/pro-religion bitch fest.

Two is what do you think of problem x. Which always then boils down to a shit fight on if someone is *insert random word here*phobe.

And laslty shit threads like this http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1155205

The first two get tiresome or tear down community more than builds it, and the thrid needs a heavy hand laid on its candy ass.

There are some good topics on here time to time, but because of the limited number of people that can collectively think on this forum (or have a interest in such things) those threads never last too long.

Tachii said:
Pardon me but you say a bit of toxic stuff here on this forum. Aren't you part of the problem? You use toxic to describe stupidity, but toxic posts in general that spreads negativity is also an issue here.

Some people need to be smacked down.
Apr 21, 2014 5:59 PM
Mar 2013
yea son, but most of them will leave within a month son. But I doubt there will be another poster like me, son. I'm providing the quality posts each day zero hoots given, son
Apr 21, 2014 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
That's a poor justification for creating a toxic atmosphere on the forum, however.

Regarding to "traffic", I don't really pay attention to it. I've been on this forum for about 6 years now and it still seem as active as before. Quality wise is all to the eyes of the beholder. If someone already believes it's going downhill then it will seem that way.
Apr 21, 2014 6:00 PM

Apr 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
ZestyChesty said:
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Not saying for every offense. But some of the repeat shit posters that keep doing the same shit need to go. What they do isn't to "cause activity" its for the lulz as they say. Get some good topics worth talking about on here and people will. The main problem with this section is simple. You mostly have three topic types.

Two is what do you think of problem x. Which always then boils down to a shit fight on if someone is *insert random word here*phobe.

The first two get tiresome or tear down community more than builds it, and the thrid needs a heavy hand laid on its candy ass.

There are some good topics on here time to time, but because of the limited number of people that can collectively think on this forum (or have a interest in such things) those threads never last too long.

Tachii said:

Derp my thread was linked :|
Apr 21, 2014 6:03 PM
Mar 2013
Tachii said:
RedArmyShogun said:
I always thought RedArmyShogun was a good contributor to the intelligent, political side of MAL
Apr 21, 2014 6:07 PM
Jul 2013
OP, get out while you still the same person, cuz once your in, your in, and there's no way out. Look at me for example i tried to get out of this shit-hole a long time ago and every-time i try i lose. Just now that was suppose to be my last post here, see where i'm now, right where i started from... California~~ here we come...

Sorry i got drifted away. kedo yo, usero!
Apr 21, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
BeyondNero said:
OP, get out while you still the same person, cuz once your in, your in, and there's no way out. Look at me for example i tried to get out of this shit-hole a long time ago and every-time i try i lose. Just now that was suppose to be my last post here, see where i'm now, right where i started from... California~~ here we come...

Welcome to hotel california
Apr 21, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
im here for like 5 years already and i see users come and go, the forum activity stay thesame but the moderating keeps getting worse, we see lock threads after lock threads even though the lock threads have a good discussion too, i think threads should not be locked that easily if its generating good discussion anyway even if its a listing thread, this is the only forum i know that is banning listing threads

but this is like the top 3 anime forums that are active now besides 4chan and reddit/r/anime
Apr 21, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2009
I've seen better, but I've also seen worse.

Apr 21, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
BeyondNero said:

Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 21, 2014 7:18 PM

Nov 2013
JD2411 said:
Tachii said:
RedArmyShogun said:
I always thought RedArmyShogun was a good contributor to the intelligent, political side of MAL

To be quite honest, RAS is one of the few good contributors on that front. That being said, the majority of the time, logic is generally thrown out the window even when there is the potential for a good discussion in some XYZ thread, which rather limits the discussion from becoming anything but a polarized mess. RAS, I believe, tends to jump ship from threads barreling toward hell. That in itself is probably the best policy.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Apr 21, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
BeyondNero said:

Ah yes, the foggy distant past of July 2013
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
This forum is fine and it has alot of people compared to other anime sites. The only other site i can see compare to it is Narutobase which i still use just to see the ridiculous threads
Apr 21, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
ZestyChesty said:
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Tachii said:

Heh heh heh. I would pay good money to see you start a few threads, Shogun.... :P
Apr 21, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
Once I read battlelog in the first sentence I just laughed. Piece of trash forums. Yea I go on there because I play Brokenfield 3/4 here n there to pass time. It's full of people whining about nerfs, hackers, bugs, broken game, screw ea/dice, I'm quitting, games dieing faster than any other bfs, etc. So many baddies there. Mods there go on a rampage censoring so much stuff it's not even funny. Like really, I've seen people say fk you mods, I'm fed up, ban me so many times. These people are PAYING CUSTOMERS, MAL is FREE. But it is active nonetheless I guess.. even though the game is burning out.

Forum mods here are meh. Seen a little good while some are bad.

And yes. Shogun is part of the problem with his random outburts of "fk you op" and "i wanna beat your kneecaps with a bat because I'm a violent person."

Will it gain more traffic? Maybe very little over years worth of time because while some new people pop up, many become inactive as well.
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Apr 22, 2014 3:28 AM

Nov 2013
I'm pretty sure that even if I left the forums for several years, I could still log back on and be welcomed by lupadim's poorly constructed arguments, and bad attempts at trolling.
Apr 22, 2014 4:00 AM

Jan 2013
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
I'm pretty sure that even if I left the forums for several years, I could still log back on and be welcomed by lupadim's poorly constructed arguments, and bad attempts at trolling.

Lmao
Apr 22, 2014 4:28 AM

Mar 2011
This may just be a case of old-fogie syndrome (the "back in my day" sentiment), but I think the forums were previously set out much better. Instead of Casual Discussion, Current Events and Forum Games we had General Discussion and Spam.

The problem with the Current Events Board is that it is rather boring in of itself and has incredibly little traffic. The problem with Casual is that whilst it has high traffic (in comparison) it's filled with incredibly inane and repetitive topics, with only rare threads breaking the trend.

General Discussion had the best of both worlds, because people talked about the news on it as well, it automatically raised the level of discussion, but it also had the high traffic and the "fun" topics as well. I remember that threads that were downright retarded were, although in existence, not the majority of the threads on the board.

I think the change in format of the forums was the single worst decision this site has made.
Apr 22, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
No dbcode
No fun
Apr 22, 2014 9:02 AM
Jan 2014
"Users Browsing Forums: 436"

Its 18:02 where I live, there will be about 550 Users online in 3 hours, so yeah.
Maybe we will touch 600 today, who knows...
Apr 22, 2014 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
Not with threads like this
Apr 22, 2014 9:20 AM
Nov 2008
mal always seems to have about a million active users at any one time though.

Infinite said:
Instead of Casual Discussion, Current Events and Forum Games we had General Discussion and Spam.
i've talked to kineta about why they changed it, and apparently it's because users would get all hoity toity about the 'spam' section and would only make their spam-worthy threads in general discussion. there was also the problem of there being next to no moderation within spam, so it became a huge-huge-huge shitfest.

users who thoughts they were too good for spam + spam-worthy threads + no moderation after being moved to spam = forum bloat.

also, absolutely lol'd at the people being labelled as 'intelligent' and 'logical' in this thread and the people doing it.
no-thanksApr 22, 2014 9:31 AM
Apr 22, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
cabacc2 said:
"Users Browsing Forums: 436"

Its 18:02 where I live, there will be about 550 Users online in 3 hours, so yeah.
Maybe we will touch 600 today, who knows...
Reminds of the time I logged in and there were 666 users online. I kinda freaked for some reason lol

Anyway, I think the forums are okay as they are right now, but I wouldn't mind a little hundred more users. Also they should fix that goddam bbcode, so I can finally spam my favorite gifs.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 22, 2014 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
We already are?
Despite how terrible this site and its members are?
Apr 22, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
Jackrabb1t said:
Heh heh heh. I would pay good money to see you start a few threads, Shogun.... :P

I've made a few, they get no traffic. I would make more stuff in current events, but I don't like dealing with some idiots. Plus its normally political news around the world I follow. Plus Kyu's antics largely turn me off from that section.

As one person pointed out I jump ship from threads heading to hell.

@ MadScientist. I only say what most of you think but are too chicken shit to say. If that makes me part of the problem so be it. Give me something to do and I'm not a problem, if you are acting like an asshat expect me to call you out for it. Fair nough?

I've thought of making some threads but the number of users here that share the same interests with me are rather low. If I made a thread I can predict with 100% accuracy, that at least five people woul talk on the subject, 12 more will make shit-posts one line in length, and then after the at least 6 people active in the subject reached a conclussion the thread dies by page 4 unless some idiot "develop" argument crops up or someone brings religion into it.

The only long threads in this topic 9/10 last as they generate conflict, which says a lot about this community in general.

Also we have 100's of people online here at a given time. They just rarely ever post. Games for example is super active, and the anime and manga section is rarely worth posting in as it always boils down into three things.

One, everyone turns into a yes man, saying 5/5 show is great. Everyone agrees nothing to talk on.

Two, Meh this show is shit! then you get a nice litle back and forth war.

Three, and rarely, you can have some serious talks, such as what psycho pass started up.

In General MadScientist I'm no problem on this front. If I stoped posting in some threads (which I have) they would still run on their own as they have.

In general those problems short of moderation can't be fixed. And when you do try and fix them you'll have someone screaming POLICE STATE! Its a damned if you do damned if you don't line.
Apr 22, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
Heredity said:

Infinite said:
Instead of Casual Discussion, Current Events and Forum Games we had General Discussion and Spam.
i've talked to kineta about why they changed it, and apparently it's because users would get all hoity toity about the 'spam' section and would only make their spam-worthy threads in general discussion. there was also the problem of there being next to no moderation within spam, so it became a huge-huge-huge shitfest.

users who thoughts they were too good for spam + spam-worthy threads + no moderation after being moved to spam = forum bloat.

also, absolutely lol'd at the people being labelled as 'intelligent' and 'logical' in this thread and the people doing it.

And you agree with that? I never agreed, so what if there was no moderation on Spam?

It's called SPAM for a REASON.

I once had a suggestion in my signature, not that it matters anymore, it's dead.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 22, 2014 10:40 AM
Nov 2008
Immahnoob said:
Heredity said:

Infinite said:

And you agree with that? I never agreed, so what if there was no moderation on Spam?

It's called SPAM for a REASON.

I once had a suggestion in my signature, not that it matters anymore, it's dead.
i don't necessarily agree with it, that's just what i was told. i think we need a board that's an absolute bloodbath shitfest with threads that are like 'WOULD YOU DIDDLE HITLER'S TRANS-VAGINA?' and stuff to balance out the philosophy threads. just a good ol' place to not give a shit about anything (i liked spam quite a bit).

of course though, i can understand the whole getting sick of people making spam threads in general discussion thing though. i absolutely remember that, tons of threads would be abandoned because people thought they were way too good for a place like spam. would have made forum moderation of general discussion absolutely hideous.

a balls to the wall forum section would probably increase traffic, really. you'd just need to be sure that people making spam threads knew they were to go in spam - it was probably that name 'spam' that threw people off. if spam were re-introduced with a new name, it'd be cause for celebration worldwide.
no-thanksApr 22, 2014 10:43 AM
Apr 22, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
Lime_ said:

It'll be summer soon and there'll inevitably be an influx of new people asking if they can watch SAO II without watching the first among other inane questions

I believe.
Apr 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
Heredity said:
snip.

I would be happy if they just brought back BBCode honestly. Though a shit post section would likely help contain some of the issues. I say name it the Shit Pin, myself, but meh.
Apr 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
RedArmyShogun said:
Jackrabb1t said:

I've made a few, they get no traffic. I would make more stuff in current events, but I don't like dealing with some idiots. Plus its normally political news around the world I follow. Plus Kyu's antics largely turn me off from that section.

As one person pointed out I jump ship from threads heading to hell.

@ MadScientist. I only say what most of you think but are too chicken shit to say. If that makes me part of the problem so be it. Give me something to do and I'm not a problem, if you are acting like an asshat expect me to call you out for it. Fair nough?

I've thought of making some threads but the number of users here that share the same interests with me are rather low. If I made a thread I can predict with 100% accuracy, that at least five people woul talk on the subject, 12 more will make shit-posts one line in length, and then after the at least 6 people active in the subject reached a conclussion the thread dies by page 4 unless some idiot "develop" argument crops up or someone brings religion into it.

The only long threads in this topic 9/10 last as they generate conflict, which says a lot about this community in general.

Also we have 100's of people online here at a given time. They just rarely ever post. Games for example is super active, and the anime and manga section is rarely worth posting in as it always boils down into three things.

One, everyone turns into a yes man, saying 5/5 show is great. Everyone agrees nothing to talk on.

Two, Meh this show is shit! then you get a nice litle back and forth war.

Three, and rarely, you can have some serious talks, such as what psycho pass started up.

In General MadScientist I'm no problem on this front. If I stoped posting in some threads (which I have) they would still run on their own as they have.

In general those problems short of moderation can't be fixed. And when you do try and fix them you'll have someone screaming POLICE STATE! Its a damned if you do damned if you don't line.

I can tell you have a very weird thought process going on for some things. So for some reason you assume people want to beat random people's kneecaps on here and say fk you for no reason? And people don't because they are scared?

What's this world coming to? Now you need to say I'll beat your ass on the internet to be hard and if you don't you are chicken shit. GJ. More gibberish out your mouth.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l536/MadScientistHououinKyouma/no-rin1_zps1d49d2ba.png
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Apr 22, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
MadScientist said:
I can tell you have a very weird thought process going on for some things. So for some reason you assume people want to beat random people's kneecaps on here and say fk you for no reason? And people don't because they are scared?

He's saying, people are too scared to say anything whenever we have inane threads -- which is quite a lot. He's on point about pretty much all of the types of threads you see on here w.r.t. to general discussion, anime, etc.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Apr 22, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2011
its not 2ch in size is all i can say
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 22, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2013
snaphat said:
MadScientist said:

He's saying, people are too scared to say anything whenever we have inane threads -- which is quite a lot.
Huh, I thought my original IMG Tag plea was pretty vocal. I must be just as 'bad' as RAS, then?
Apr 22, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Heredity said:

lol

Soren333 said:
Lime_ said:

I believe.

and sure enough after I posted that comment got that thread 'Hey when does gintama get good, i'm on episode 24?'

itty bitty baby

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

82 by JusticeBastard »»
38 seconds ago

» do u guys have friends irl? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 7, 2023

111 by JusticeBastard »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which house would be yours in Harry Potter?

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

3 by LoveYourSmile »»
7 minutes ago

» Who's the oldest user on MAL? ( 1 2 3 )

Klefki_of_Awsome - May 7, 2020

105 by JusticeBastard »»
8 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

70 by JusticeBastard »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.