Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nunotaba is a cool girl tbh.

Oneeeesama. Obligatory Misaka face:

Kinda like the new OST, can't wait for it to come out. Misaka clone spotted at the end. I saw that coming considering this is the Sister's Arc.
Apr 26, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
That girl introduced Misaka into investigate the rumor that she heard everywhere. She also experienced that experiment.

37000 yen of clothes and needing hotel room for change? And by cash? Misaka's so rich! lol~ Haruura getting more cards than Saten!

LOL~~~ KUROKO!! Misaka clone was already created before she realized (that past scene in last ep. is when). That Misaka clone deleted the data!

Next Title: Sisters, that means more clones meeting Misaka?
tsubasaloverApr 26, 2013 8:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 26, 2013 7:59 AM

Jul 2007
Omg this was such a perfect episode. Seriously it had such an eerie atmosphere that i loved. Misakas expressions were superb and the music nicely paired with her feelings .

Everyone else got a bit of screen time too. Kuroooooooookoooooooo!!!!

<3 <3 Why is she always the best :3

PS> These eyes <3
Apr 26, 2013 8:05 AM
Mar 2013
tsubasalover said:
I missed the first 6 mins....

37000 yen of clothes? And by cash? Misaka's so rich! lol~ Haruura getting more cards than Saten!

LOL~~~ KUROKO!! Misaka clone was already created before she realized? and that past scene in last ep. was necessary. That Misaka clone deleted the data!

Next Title: Sisters, that means more clones meeting Misaka?

I'm sad, I missed the first seven minutes. The preview for the next episode shows Misaka playing with kids.

That scene with Kuroko felt it should have been M-rated lol.

Saten's face: priceless :) Harue must have an even better nose... oh wait she's just a real esper... .

We will probably see a clone meeting Misaka: we saw one in the preview. I wanted to see the clone's animated face... we have to wait one more episode. They keep on doing this to us... I like the fact that each episode except the first one seems to be ending with a lot of drama in order to make the show better and make you want to watch more. This definitely didn't happen nearly as much in season 1. I'm sad I missed so much of the episode and then my Computer stopped working randomly for two minutes part way through :(... But, I thought that in the manga,
. I put that in a spoiler because I'm not sure whether that might happen next episode or whether it was supposed to have already happened. I thought it should have...

I already got to see Misaka momentarily depressed. My day just got so much better! :)

Clarification: I am not happy she's sad... well I mean I am... but I'm happy because I am hoping they might show Misaka's despair throughout this second season. I really like the filler in this episode that I saw. I liked it a lot. 100/100.
Apr 26, 2013 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
I really wish they didn't cut away from the plot for Saten, Haruue and Uiharu to talk about not much at all for a pretty fair amount of time, but I realize that this is JC Staff.
Apr 26, 2013 8:12 AM
Mar 2013
Amarrez said:
I really wish they didn't cut away from the plot for Saten, Haruue and Uiharu to talk about not much at all for a pretty fair amount of time, but I realize that this is JC Staff.

Have you heard of easing in the tension and not throwing away other characters in a show? I like Shonen anime and manga a lot, but one bad thing about many shonen shows and many anime is that they focus too much on one character and ignore everyone else. That is not only amateurish, but stupid. The plot is going to get darker soon. They didn't want to go any further with the plot this week because it would ruin the pacing. Like CreationBreaker said last week: They are doing one chapter per episode apparently.

It was the perfect stopping point. It was nice seeing her friends doing things. Being able to see their opinions while she's going through this might end up being important in some way. Since it is the anime, maybe
you never know.

The show is called Railgun after Misaka: but there are 4 main characters. And Harue as well.. So I mean... why else would they have asked for 24 episodes of material. When the series is over: if you don't like anything except the manga plot: then just watch the scenes that you like from the episodes and don't complain about the good character development we are seeing that was not present in the manga. I think it's important to see this.
Apr 26, 2013 8:15 AM

Apr 2009
I wouldn't have minded it so much if it was the only scene, but then it followed it up with 5 seconds of plot, then another scene of Kuroko being Kuroko (though this one was in the manga).

That sequence just felt disjointed as a result.
Apr 26, 2013 8:41 AM
Mar 2013
Amarrez said:
I wouldn't have minded it so much if it was the only scene, but then it followed it up with 5 seconds of plot, then another scene of Kuroko being Kuroko (though this one was in the manga).

That sequence just felt disjointed as a result.

Fine, that I do agree with. They could have organized better. I still think though it was nice to see both transitions the way we did. It it Misaka focused. Basically, if it focuses on her it goes to one of the other characters briefly and then it comes back to her and it goes to one of the other smaller characters. That makes sense too as method to do things.
Apr 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
Things are starting to shape up now with a clone out and about.

Man, I think Arai, Satomi was literally screaming "Onee-sama!" as hard as she could during Kuroko's scene. So funny!
Apr 26, 2013 7:05 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
dniv said:
Amarrez said:

Have you heard of easing in the tension and not throwing away other characters in a show? I like Shonen anime and manga a lot, but one bad thing about many shonen shows and many anime is that they focus too much on one character and ignore everyone else. That is not only amateurish, but stupid. The plot is going to get darker soon. They didn't want to go any further with the plot this week because it would ruin the pacing. Like CreationBreaker said last week: They are doing one chapter per episode apparently.

It was the perfect stopping point. It was nice seeing her friends doing things. Being able to see their opinions while she's going through this might end up being important in some way. Since it is the anime, maybe
you never know.

The show is called Railgun after Misaka: but there are 4 main characters. And Harue as well.. So I mean... why else would they have asked for 24 episodes of material. When the series is over: if you don't like anything except the manga plot: then just watch the scenes that you like from the episodes and don't complain about the good character development we are seeing that was not present in the manga. I think it's important to see this.

Regarding your comment in the spoiler, if that happens it had better damn well be done in a way that still

since that would ruin continuity with the rest of the Index series. It is an important fact in Index II and the Index novels that

I'm all for good filler and slight changes to improve flow and pacing, but I dislike when it ruins other things. Like continuity.
Apr 26, 2013 8:51 PM

Aug 2011
SISTERS ARC HERE WE COME
Accelerator <3
Apr 26, 2013 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
Lol that piano piece when Kuroko goes full yuri mode. (s1 memories)
With the way Kuroko lewdly attacked that bear, I think Misaka may have bigger problems to worry about than her clones.
Apr 26, 2013 9:32 PM

Dec 2011
dniv said:
Amarrez said:

you never know.

Actually, from the looks of the preview the next episode is gonna cover 2 chapters (20 and 21). Probably because they're both short 20 page chapters.
Apr 26, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2009
meh.. this doesnt feel like a s2 since i watched index.
Apr 26, 2013 9:36 PM
Aug 2010
And finally the sisters arc is taking form, I hope they take the same pacing as this episode because when the total filler begins the show will be boring.
Apr 26, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2009
Kurogashi said:
meh.. this doesnt feel like a s2 since i watched index.

...yeah, it wouldn't. Why not just watch Index season 2?
Apr 26, 2013 10:12 PM
Sep 2012
I'm confused here,

This is a sequel right?

Why is the storyline going backwards? I mean, in the first season, didn't all the clones get killed off leaving a child version of Mikoto? Unless, this is a backstory on how the clones came to be, but then wasn't that covered in the first season as well?
I'm confused as to the sequence of the episodes. O_o

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this season a lot but i'm just confused as to why Mikoto is surprised that there are clones of her, when she encountered them back in the first season.

Could someone shed some light on this for me?
Apr 26, 2013 10:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
NghiemxHuynh said:
I'm confused here,

This is a sequel right?

Why is the storyline going backwards? I mean, in the first season, didn't all the clones get killed off leaving a child version of Mikoto? Unless, this is a backstory on how the clones came to be, but then wasn't that covered in the first season as well?
I'm confused as to the sequence of the episodes. O_o

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this season a lot but i'm just confused as to why Mikoto is surprised that there are clones of her, when she encountered them back in the first season.

Could someone shed some light on this for me?

Railgun happens before Index S1. It's not a sequel.

Eventually, there will be concurrent events like this one.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 26, 2013 10:30 PM

Jun 2011
lol, didn't u know? First season of railgun is a prequel to majutsu and railgun S. The sister arc is happening at the same time as majuutsu but we're seeing it in misaka's perspective now.
Apr 26, 2013 10:41 PM

Jan 2011
Heh so there is someone who can get away with beating on Misaka :P was kinda cool seeing her in different clothes for once

Kuroko pls can't leave that girl alone to long!
Apr 26, 2013 10:48 PM
Apr 2013
so the timeline is :

|-------------------|--|---
Railgun Railgun S Majutso

?
then why is touma in the railgun S opening if they meet first time at majutso and kuroko fights with misaka in the opening and fastforward ahead kuroko doesnt know anything about the remnant in majutso...
furthermore in railgun the urban ledgends from one of the railgun ep. said something about "if the windgenerator blades run backwards" that happens a lot later in the storyline of majutso along with the nullify skill esper(touma)...

i always thought majutso was there first and they base the urban ledgends in railgun in the sisters event when they fked with accellerators wind attacks... Oo

that said ... i already know how it ends -.- i just hope its not a recap ending ..(and misaka meets last order:D )
Apr 26, 2013 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
Kuroko's final comment after the credits LOL!
Apr 26, 2013 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
A breathe of relief for Misaka, but only for a bit!

The Railgun Anime is MUCH more enjoyable to me...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 26, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2011
Misaka + Casual Clothes = <333333333.
Apr 26, 2013 11:48 PM

Mar 2012
Misaka looked really cute this episode.
Apr 26, 2013 11:50 PM
Feb 2013
dniv said:
Saten's face: priceless :) Harue must have an even better nose... oh wait she's just a real esper... .

Haruue is a receptive telepath. That means her power is telepathy, but it only works when another telepath is around sending messages out. That wouldn't have helped her find the cards. Whereas Saten, despite being level 0, is strongest in clairvoyance (we saw her rankings in episode 14 of the previous series), so it would make sense for what little power she has to be of some use in this case.

I think it's just a thing about Haruue's naivete. The innocent girl who is clueless about cultural norms and all that sort of stuff, who wasn't even looking for the things, took a walk around the city and just happened to pick up more of the cards than people who spent their entire day hunting for them.
Apr 26, 2013 11:52 PM

Dec 2011
There it is! The other side of the Sisters Arc that we don't know.
Misaka, that is your biggest miscalculation.

I really can't wait to see Misaka finding out the truth and destroying all of the related labs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2013 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
Respect your elders! XD
I always lol hard when that music plays at Kuroko XD
onepineApr 27, 2013 12:16 AM
Apr 27, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2011
Well this episode was really interesting to watch, seeing how Misaka first learned about this whole Radio Noise Sisters project and her reaction to it. Can't wait to see what she'll act like when she finds out it isn't time for relief yet though and meets one of her clones.

Misaka looked so nice in her street outfit. And haha Haruue is just too good.
Apr 27, 2013 12:10 AM

Feb 2008
i was really confused at first why Misaka was confused about the clones having watched index s1 and s2, but it makes sense now that this happens before S1. Good episode overall.
Apr 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Jun 2011
I had just finished rewatching the sisters arc in Index S1, so this episode felt all sorts of weird for me. It took me the longest time to realize that railgun is set before index xD
Apr 27, 2013 12:15 AM
May 2008
Shinobu is not disappointing. Perfect seiyuu, lol.
Apr 27, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
Sister Arc Misaka Pov ! Come come ! Come at me !
Apr 27, 2013 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
Liking the direction it's going a lot. Definitely stronger than the last season.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 27, 2013 1:04 AM

Jul 2011
Wow that didn't really feel like a whole episode. And wow I really thought she would run into her "clone" this episode. THE SUSPENSE...not really.

Anyways as always kuroko is hilarious.
Apr 27, 2013 1:43 AM
Nov 2008
Man good thing I came to read the comments here. I was all kinds of confused. It'd been a while since I watched Index and Railgun I mixed up their plots haha.
Apr 27, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2009
xEMx said:
Man good thing I came to read the comments here. I was all kinds of confused. It'd been a while since I watched Index and Railgun I mixed up their plots haha.
Yeah it's a bit confusing at first as an anime only watcher. I don't even remember if Index season 2 finished the story or not.
Apr 27, 2013 2:05 AM

May 2012
Shisutaazu. Nice prequel.

Nuno the Westaboo.

ONEESAMA!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 27, 2013 2:20 AM

Dec 2012
So it's just a re-run of the same events?
Apr 27, 2013 2:27 AM
Jun 2011
anders160196 said:
So it's just a re-run of the same events?
it the same story but from misaka side in index the sister arc was from tomua side
Apr 27, 2013 2:40 AM

Apr 2011
Lol at Kuroko playing with the teddy bear.

ONEE-SAMA!!! lol
Apr 27, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2012

Lol. @ the guard watching Shakugan no Shana.
Apr 27, 2013 4:36 AM

Jun 2010
I'm confused. I thought Misaka already met her sisters? I guess it was on Index. Damn, I don't remember what happened in Season 1 of Railgun =.= All I remember was the poltergeist. I guess I need to rewatch it and also the s1 and s2 of index.
Apr 27, 2013 4:40 AM

Oct 2010
Wait.. what?

In Index I when she met Touma she could introduce her clones..
In Railgun she already met Touma..

In Railgun S (the sequel to Railgun) she doesn't know about her clones?

This makes no sense.. someone care to explain this for me?
Apr 27, 2013 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
Hyack said:
Wait.. what?

Railgun happens before Index I. Railgun S starts slightly before and then carries into the Sister Arc in Index I.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Timeline#August_10
Apr 27, 2013 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
Hyack said:
Wait.. what?

I always knew this would happen to anime only viewers. XD

Basically earlier Railgun S1 happen before Index S1.
First three ep in Railgun S1 happen much earlier which is before Touma meet Index yet.
At that time Misaka knows Touma earlier because he did save her from the thugs from flashback you can see from ep 4, thats why they knew each other.

After that when Level Upper arc occur, Index S1 start there where Touma meet his misfortunes.
There actually hint of this in manga where Touma ask where to find a church which is a reference to Index first arc (The anime change it to statue & Kiyama do not appear in that scene, she first introduced in the hospital scene in manga)
From there on they don't meet much because Touma busy with his story at that point.

In Railgun S, Railgun story starts to intersect with Index timeline.
The Sister arc in Railgun happen at the same time with Index first & second arc. After that Index Sister arc & Railgun Sister arc intersect when Misaka met Touma again where she introduce her clone.
This is important since at that point Touma

From there on Index Sister arc happen from Touma POV while Railgun Sister arc are from Misaka POV.

I hope that could help you understand the timelines :)
Apr 27, 2013 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
GrayFT said:

Wait, I thought that is some kind of Mahou Shoujo shows :)

This episode was handled really well. Suspense was built up nicely with Misaka being a convincing lead. Kurono has upped her lesbianism considerably lol xD
Apr 27, 2013 5:28 AM

Jan 2012
so this season is about misaka's clones
maybe i should read info first before watching xD
but that`ll spoil me lol

EVERY PEDOBEARS' DREAM
Apr 27, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2012
ThangLong said:
GrayFT said:

Wait, I thought that is some kind of Mahou Shoujo shows :)

Apr 27, 2013 5:45 AM

Oct 2010
arena149 said:
Hyack said:
Wait.. what?

I always knew this would happen to anime only viewers. XD

Basically earlier Railgun S1 happen before Index S1.
First three ep in Railgun S1 happen much earlier which is before Touma meet Index yet.
At that time Misaka knows Touma earlier because he did save her from the thugs from flashback you can see from ep 4, thats why they knew each other.

After that when Level Upper arc occur, Index S1 start there where Touma meet his misfortunes.
There actually hint of this in manga where Touma ask where to find a church which is a reference to Index first arc (The anime change it to statue & Kiyama do not appear in that scene, she first introduced in the hospital scene in manga)
From there on they don't meet much because Touma busy with his story at that point.

In Railgun S, Railgun story starts to intersect with Index timeline.
The Sister arc in Railgun happen at the same time with Index first & second arc. After that Index Sister arc & Railgun Sister arc intersect when Misaka met Touma again where she introduce her clone.
This is important since at that point Touma

From there on Index Sister arc happen from Touma POV while Railgun Sister arc are from Misaka POV.

I hope that could help you understand the timelines :)
But.. the first time Touma meets Misaka. He saved her from those thugs and ended up "fighting" her on the bridge? That happen in Index I
After that.. he meet her again at the riverbank and there they fight again... this happen in Railgun season 1
How does Railgun takes before Index I then?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2013

219 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 28, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nyoko-Kun - Apr 12, 2013

499 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.