Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2:58 PM

Jul 2021
My bedroom literally only has a bed and nothing else.
How do you decorate it?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 3:02 PM

Feb 2020
My main bedroom doesn't have much in the way of decorations, I just have a calendar and a wall mounted memory box that I keep tickets from visits to railways.
(Also yes I have stuff like the bed, drawers, wardrobe etc, but I don't count those as decorations lol).

My spare bedroom is my weeb room and I have wall scrolls and other stuff in there.
Little_SheeplingAug 11, 7:46 AM
Aug 8, 3:04 PM

Jul 2021
books, alcohol, stuffs I found in antique stores

My bedroom literally only has a bed and nothing else

I respect that
Aug 8, 3:08 PM

Sep 2016
Nothing, because the more decoration, the more effort is required to clean the room.
Aug 8, 3:09 PM

Oct 2015
Things that are intrinsically me. Nic nacs from countries I have been to as well as posters of bands and movies I listen to.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Aug 8, 3:12 PM

Feb 2021
Manga, light novels, figures, and metal band posters.
Aug 8, 4:31 PM
best user ever

May 2022
Uh, anime posters, manga, anime dvds, lamps, random tech, books, fake flower things, this like silver-plated trinket box on my desk, vases, a random mirror, and some paintings.(Mainly floral stuff, I had more but some of them just randomly fell off the wall. ;-;) Some guitar stuff too, Music CDs and a little bit of scented candles.
inspirational quote inspirational quote - karioka
▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

Aug 8, 5:59 PM

Jun 2016
My bedroom is a mix between a Japanese hikkikimori NEET cave, an army surplus store, and a Best Buy
Aug 8, 10:00 PM

Oct 2022
Neon lights. Not HUD. Neon. Only light pink silks and bedding. No pinks shall clash with each other in my room. Bendy stuffed animal couple. Some cute and creepy fostered stuffed animal orphaned creatures.
Aug 8, 10:31 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
The main thing on the wall is a dart board with a wooden backing.
Aug 9, 12:24 AM

May 2024
I just have some basic furniture. And a couple of bookshelves with books my parents gave me, which I've never read. I'm not concerned with decoration, however I always want my room to look full. If I just had one bed and a dresser in my room I'd probably go insane cuz of the emptiness.
Aug 9, 12:31 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to SimplyBrazen
I just have some basic furniture. And a couple of bookshelves with books my parents gave me, which I've never read. I'm not concerned with decoration, however I always want my room to look full. If I just had one bed and a dresser in my room I'd probably go insane cuz of the emptiness.
@SimplyBrazen Get rid of the dresser too, and you've arrived at my bedroom.
Aug 9, 12:38 AM

May 2024
Reply to JaniSIr
@SimplyBrazen Get rid of the dresser too, and you've arrived at my bedroom.
@JaniSIr Nah I actually wouldn't be able to sleep like that. How do you even do it💀
Aug 9, 12:55 AM

Feb 2020
"What do you decorate your bedroom with?"

Skulls and dragons.
Aug 9, 1:39 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to SimplyBrazen
@JaniSIr Nah I actually wouldn't be able to sleep like that. How do you even do it💀
@SimplyBrazen it's dark, it's not like I really see it.
Aug 9, 2:57 AM

Feb 2024
Not sure how to decorate it as it's primarily just a sleeping space - simple, white and flat. I have other rooms for decorations.

In my bedroom, there aren't even suitable walls for decor. The southern wall is entirely a window with a glass door to the garden. The eastern wall is mostly occupied by a large TV and a few bookshelves. The northern wall has a door to the hall, a mirror with a makeup table and chair in the middle, and another door to my private bathroom/dressing room. The western wall simply frames the head of the bed. Aside from that, there are two bedside tables, a few lights, a vase of flowers and a single large painting on the wall.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 9, 3:14 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
Not sure how to decorate it as it's primarily just a sleeping space - simple, white and flat. I have other rooms for decorations.

In my bedroom, there aren't even suitable walls for decor. The southern wall is entirely a window with a glass door to the garden. The eastern wall is mostly occupied by a large TV and a few bookshelves. The northern wall has a door to the hall, a mirror with a makeup table and chair in the middle, and another door to my private bathroom/dressing room. The western wall simply frames the head of the bed. Aside from that, there are two bedside tables, a few lights, a vase of flowers and a single large painting on the wall.
@LoveYourSmile Dude, your "simple, white and flat" room is ridiculously cluttered by my standards.
Aug 9, 3:19 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to JaniSIr
@LoveYourSmile Dude, your "simple, white and flat" room is ridiculously cluttered by my standards.
@JaniSIr

It wasn't me who "decorated" it. But I find it pretty convenient and can't think of removing a single piece really. Well, maybe the painting is not necessary.

Like, if you name a piece, I can explain why it's important. I mean it's not just decorations, but functional elements.
Aug 9, 3:21 AM

Dec 2015
As I am moving from Poznań back to my home town, there are no decorations on wall right now cause they were freshly painted a week ago and I haven't hanged yet the stuff, I had a WLOP's Saber Lily painting [print] on a wall and a few family pictures on other wall, besides that my bedroom have a desk [from sunday I'll have PC set up here], a shelf in which I keep physical copies of my games and other stuff, bed, wardrobe, bookshelf and an iron chest in which I have stuff related to my childhood as some old plushies, collection of cold weapons, board games etc. aswell as I have my buhurt helmet and a shield decorating the room, here's pictures:

[Oh and I forgot I have also lil bit of stuff on floor/plastic boxes as I am still not done with moving all the stuff back to my room.]

ZettaikenAug 9, 3:24 AM
Aug 9, 3:26 AM

Feb 2024
@Zettaiken Is that knight's set decorative or do you use it to fight some orcs?
Aug 9, 3:32 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Zettaiken Is that knight's set decorative or do you use it to fight some orcs?
@LoveYourSmile The helmet was for Buhurt trainings and it is not battle ready as I moved to Poznań from Wrocław before I could add neck protections [in Poznań there's no buhurt club], rn I don't know if I'll go further with it, maybe. Shield same. Cold Weapon collection are just my souvenirs I've bought from different castles, countries etc.

Here's video of sport and it is coming from the buhurt club I've been training in 2018 for almost a year + a photo of keychain/pendant which I've got as a present from them [I don't remember when] as a physical proof that I've been a member of that club.

Aug 9, 3:53 AM

Nov 2017
Right now I've got nothing on my walls but in my former room were lined some plastic models (Gunplas and other robots), some figures and I had a few anime posters. That's pretty common but I guess that's how I like things. I got tapestries too, but I didn't have what it takes to hang them on the wall (not a lack of courage, but litterally I couldn't make them hang xD). I hope my future room'll be like this again, as I'm in a student dorm atm
Aug 9, 4:10 AM

Jun 2017
I have a lot of plushies and anime figures... I have a shelf just for my (mostly Animal Crossing) Amiibo figures. Some pictures I have framed, cupboards with my belongings.
Aug 9, 6:41 AM

Jul 2021
@mickle24 I was thinking of getting some plants, I quickly realized how fast they'd die, so I didn't actually get any.
Aug 9, 7:14 AM

Mar 2008
I don't know what to say about my room....
Aug 9, 7:14 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to JaniSIr
@mickle24 I was thinking of getting some plants, I quickly realized how fast they'd die, so I didn't actually get any.
@JaniSIr if you take proper care of your plants they don't die..
Aug 9, 7:19 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to traed
I don't know what to say about my room....
@traed I'm actually interested, so please tell us.
Aug 9, 7:24 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@traed I'm actually interested, so please tell us.
@LoveYourSmile
It's hard to explain. I dont think i can consider it decorated at this point.
Aug 9, 7:25 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Shy
@JaniSIr if you take proper care of your plants they don't die..
@Chisuku Exactly. But I know myself.
Aug 9, 8:10 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to traed
@LoveYourSmile
It's hard to explain. I dont think i can consider it decorated at this point.
@traed

Well, you responded to the thread, so I assume you wanted to share something. Just do it, why not?

Considering some of your dead serious previous posts, I imagine you living with no love, no bike and no decor in the bedroom, it feels much colder than I feel about you. So I'm kinda curious about your situation.
Aug 9, 7:20 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@traed

Well, you responded to the thread, so I assume you wanted to share something. Just do it, why not?

Considering some of your dead serious previous posts, I imagine you living with no love, no bike and no decor in the bedroom, it feels much colder than I feel about you. So I'm kinda curious about your situation.
@LoveYourSmile
No. I was was going to write something then just replaced it to get rid of the urge to.

I dont recall saying that exactly but i dont really keep track of some things i say since I dont always expect people to read my posts. No it isnt without decor just I am not sure id call it decorated since it isnt up to any ideal or plan and isnt tidy.
Aug 9, 8:55 PM
Dec 2022
Plants, my cheap portrait when I was in my late teens, book shelves, and a queen size bed just for myself.

I have a bed food tray instead of a desk. But I usually station my laptops on the dining table for work.
Aug 9, 9:04 PM

Jul 2024
"What do you decorate your bedroom with?"

Print out posters of pictures from rule34
Aug 9, 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
I have a collection of 20 dragon d*ldos on shelves. That's it, mostly.
Aug 10, 1:10 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to MalchikRepaid
Plants, my cheap portrait when I was in my late teens, book shelves, and a queen size bed just for myself.

I have a bed food tray instead of a desk. But I usually station my laptops on the dining table for work.
@MalchikRepaid I usually eat at my work desk!
We are mortal enemies now.
Aug 10, 1:29 AM

Aug 2014
I don't use decorations for the time being. Everything in my bedroom is practical.

I use a large table for my desktop computer monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphones, and whatever else I would want there. When I eat, I move the keyboard and put food there while watching videos. The computer and surge protector are on the ground.

On both sides of the table, I have tall metal racks with three levels, where I place audio equipment, including loudspeakers and amplifiers. There's space for anything else I would want on them as well.

I sit in a high-end ergonomic office chair, since I spend so much time here.

I have a nice fan that keeps me cool when it's hot. And the usual things like bedding and pillows.

Back in the day I had a cool dragon statue. It's in storage at a different house now. (Along with typical stuff like books, CDs and DVDs.)

There are a bunch of other rooms in the house I use for storage purposes, including the basement.
SmugSatokoAug 10, 1:37 AM
Aug 10, 2:05 AM

Jun 2010
My bedroom is specially designed to fit into my likes and life style. The fixtures and furniture are mostly custom-made like the bed. The wardrobe and dresser are built-in. I also have a TV mounted to the wall, and day-and-night curtains. The ceiling is designed with a false ceiling with spotlights and lights, and a space for the air-conditioning, as well as the curtain pelmet.

Other modular decorative items are mainly a few of my soft toys that I put on the TV console. I also have a cute tissue box cover for my tissue box that sits on my dressing table, and nice lamps for my bedside tables. Recently, a friend bought me a cute little fan which I then placed it on the dressing table. Though I don't use a fan, but it does make my dressing table look nicer.
Aug 10, 2:17 AM

Feb 2024
ProGoddess said:
I also have a cute tissue box cover for my tissue box that sits on my dressing table

How cute, thanks for sharing.‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Aug 10, 6:29 AM

Jan 2009
My bedroom is also just sparsely set up with the big bed in the middle, a large cupboard and two nightstands. There used to be a small Shana figurine on one of it but the quality was so poor that at one point I gave up on putting the fallen head and legs back together. Otherwise, I have more decorations on my living room. My computer table is big enough to have figurines on it, two speakers, two screens on a screenholder, a mouse, a keyboard, my work laptop and a space for putting a small mat where I could place a plate, a pot of tea and a cup to drink from. But I mostly eat breakfast, snacks and dinners at the couch table and lunch at the kitchen where my parents are

Aug 10, 6:50 AM
Dec 2022
JaniSIr said:

Good. Now that you mentioned it, I got rid of my mini bar in my room since I'm going to leave this country soon.
Aug 10, 6:55 AM

Feb 2024
Noboru said:
But I mostly eat breakfast, snacks and dinners at the couch table and lunch at the kitchen where my parents are

Don't you eat outdoor, like in a garden or on a balcony? Honestly, I can't imagine myself eating indoor during the magnificent summer we have this year, it must be no worse at your place...
Aug 10, 6:57 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to MalchikRepaid
JaniSIr said:

Good. Now that you mentioned it, I got rid of my mini bar in my room since I'm going to leave this country soon.
@MalchikRepaid So it's time to replace it with full-sized bar stand, add karaoke and disco ball.
Aug 10, 7:16 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@MalchikRepaid So it's time to replace it with full-sized bar stand, add karaoke and disco ball.
LoveYourSmile said:

Oh, hell no. I don't want to make my room into a sleazy lounge run by Filipinos. Now I admit it will definitely have soju bottles, for sure. FYI, from what I saw in a German travel vlog, soju tastes like an extreme mild version of kornbranntwein.

I know that I will decorate my walls with second hand pictures via purchases from Carrot Market, the local online trading platform for cheap stuff.

Anyways, my life is almost set to rebuild my rum and shrub collections gradually. This time, I'll buy some different liquors. Maybe some sweet potato sake as well.
Aug 10, 7:34 AM

Jan 2009
LoveYourSmile said:
Don't you eat outdoor, like in a garden or on a balcony? Honestly, I can't imagine myself eating indoor during the magnificent summer we have this year, it must be no worse at your place...
The summer has only begun to feel a bit like summer in later July, before it was mostly too cool. But there's still no real heatwave, nights are fairly cool. We do have the possibility to eat in the yard, but it's too much trouble to set up. The balcony on the first upper floor has a small table for eating, but it's currently too hot to eat there since it has a glass roof, plus the main kitchen moved to the ground floors.
Aside from that, I prefer eating indoors as it's not only cooler or warmer depending on the weather, but there are also fewer flies
Aug 10, 8:22 AM

Feb 2024
MalchikRepaid said:
from what I saw in a German travel vlog, soju tastes like an extreme mild version of kornbranntwein

I understand the word and can google it, but I have no idea what it is really. After all, I lived 1/3 of my life abroad, not very "cultured" member of the society lol.
Aug 10, 8:32 AM

Feb 2024
Noboru said:
fewer flies

If you have a patch of grass and a bit of adventurous spirit, you can overcome it. Cuz why not? Eating outdoor is the next level, many people heavily underestimate it.

Step 1: Use electric insect traps that zap mosquitoes and flies like goddamn shaft from q3 (unless you take some of our law about bees and wasps seriously lol).

Step 2: Build a gazebo, plant grapevine around for a decent shadow, look and feel.

Step 3: Drag out a dishwasher to the garden, add a decent rain canopy to protect it.

Step 5: Show it to your wifu, she would love it, I swear.
Aug 10, 8:58 AM
Dec 2022
LoveYourSmile said:

I understand the word and can google it, but I have no idea what it is really. After all, I lived 1/3 of my life abroad, not very "cultured" member of the society lol.

Don't mind me. I'm just a functional alcoholic.
Aug 10, 9:10 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to MalchikRepaid
LoveYourSmile said:

Don't mind me. I'm just a functional alcoholic.
@MalchikRepaid As a recreational alcoholic, I'm not judging lol.
Aug 10, 9:37 AM

May 2013
Some figures I have on a shelf.

I also recently got a cringe pride poster as an impulse buy.

Other than that I have my stuff put away unless it's in use.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Aug 10, 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to LoveYourSmile
Noboru said:
fewer flies

If you have a patch of grass and a bit of adventurous spirit, you can overcome it. Cuz why not? Eating outdoor is the next level, many people heavily underestimate it.

Step 1: Use electric insect traps that zap mosquitoes and flies like goddamn shaft from q3 (unless you take some of our law about bees and wasps seriously lol).

Step 2: Build a gazebo, plant grapevine around for a decent shadow, look and feel.

Step 3: Drag out a dishwasher to the garden, add a decent rain canopy to protect it.

Step 5: Show it to your wifu, she would love it, I swear.
@LoveYourSmile We have some grass, but not the type of grass to lay down and neither the type to smoke, but just plain grasses growing as decoration. There are better fitting places for eating outside

Step 1: as much as I like to have the gnats (we don't really have mosquitos here) and the flies removed, I prefer not to harm the bees, since I like bees. Plus, the poor birdies need some food as well

Step 2: too little space for that, there are mostly either small pathways around the house, the garages and flowers and other plant life in-between. Also, there are already grapevines, but it's a small path on the way to the place where we dry our laundry and just a few meters before that, it gets wider, but there are potted tomatoes and the space for the grill when we grill

Step 3: it's too much trouble for that, since even if we have some outside plugs and a roofed space where we hang up our laundry, a dishwasher also needs some pipes for the water and while there would be also the possibility to use the garden hose and the outside tap, it's way too much trouble to set it up and put the stuff back compared to taking the dishes inside in the kitchen. In the same manner, it's much more effort to set up a table outside (even if we have foldable ones with seats or can use foldable chairs) and have everything moved from the kitchen than to just eat it inside

Step 4: must be the secret step, lol

Step 5: どうかな。 Plus as mentioned, there is no space for it, unless we radically change the yard and I'd rather keep the trees and the flowers
NoboruAug 10, 10:01 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why are Vikings worshipped when they were thugs that stole and raped anything

vasipi4946 - Today

25 by Zakatsuki_ »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » words can harm or hurt? or are you stoic?

deg - 7 hours ago

14 by ZakuF_ »»
56 minutes ago

» Would you give a 2 week notice if the job did you wrong?

The-Nsider - 2 hours ago

3 by ZakuF_ »»
1 hour ago

» Can I Still make Shit posts on MAL?

MellowJello - 11 hours ago

15 by ZakuF_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » why are people so elitist on this site?

college_boy - 8 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.