Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 18, 2018 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
Various reports saying between 8 - 10 students dead.

>Just another day in America!

Seriously....why the fuck would anyone go to an American school at this point?
May 18, 2018 9:15 AM
Nov 2017
Ah another day in gun controlled Europe.....oh wait it's USA.

Lol Texans and their guns. This is why complete disarmament should be done. Leave the policing to actual police.

There's no good guy to stop the bad guy this time.
Jan 2014
--ALEX-- said:

If you think your chances of surviving in an American school are bad, you'd be horrified at chances of death you face when getting in to a car.
Jul 2018
Ah, yes, Texas. Where some people do legit believe that they need their AR-15s to go shopping at Walmart.
May 18, 2018 9:16 AM
Jan 2014
1337Taste said:
Ah another day in gun controlled Europe.....oh wait it's USA.

Lol Texans and their guns. This is why complete disarmament should be done. Leave the policing to actual police.

There's no good guy to stop the bad guy this time.

I wonder why there was no one with a gun to stop him... oh wait, it's because guns are banned in schools. I wonder why it didn't stop the shooting then?
May 18, 2018 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
Let’s play “why did they shoot the school up”

My go: bullying?
May 18, 2018 10:12 AM

May 2014
A_Medic said:

Oh no no no, the person who shot up the school isn't responsible for the shooting, in fact it was the gun itself that walked to the school, put itself on a student hand and pulled its own trigger, using the kid as a accomplice to the crime.

We don't use the "he or she was bullied" as an excuse anymore.
May 18, 2018 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
elementkg said:
A_Medic said:

Oh no no no, the person who shot up the school isn't responsible for the shooting, in fact it was the gun itself that walked to the school, put itself on a student hand and pulled its own trigger, using the kid as a accomplice to the crime.

We don't use the "he or she was bullied" as an excuse anymore.

Damn I had no idea! Back in the day bullying is what killed people. These 2018 guns just going around & shooting sht up. We have to stop them at the source, We need to ban STEEL & LEAD! No more GUNS! Bad!
May 18, 2018 10:43 AM

May 2015
It's not even shocking at this point.

TsukuyomiREKTMay 18, 2018 10:52 AM

May 18, 2018 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Throwback to my comment on May 15th in this thread, where @-Placeholder- shamelessly tried to push his agenda over an unrelated tragedy in Australia.

Railey2 said:
Fuchsia is right though, what you've done is pretty distasteful. I suggest you wait until the next mass shooting happens in the USA to make your point, I'm sure you can wait a week or two.

Now placeholder, here's your moment!

"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 18, 2018 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
It's not even shocking at this point.

oh, that reminds me
May 18, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2017
A Muslim/brown/black kid or just a white kid with mental illness who has played too many video games again? I guess that's the question many have right now.

If it's the ladder; thoughts and prayers. Rinse and repeat.
May 18, 2018 11:16 AM
Jan 2014
Railey2 said:
Throwback to my comment on May 15th in this thread, where @-Placeholder- shamelessly tried to push his agenda over an unrelated tragedy in Australia.

Railey2 said:
Fuchsia is right though, what you've done is pretty distasteful. I suggest you wait until the next mass shooting happens in the USA to make your point, I'm sure you can wait a week or two.

"I predicted the sun would rise tomorrow, and it did! Haha I just BTFO'd the people who didn't contest this!"

The fact of you virtue signalling about how people shouldn't post tragedies with a political agenda is the stupidest thing I've heard this week. Of course the OP is going to have an opinion, and if you hadn't read the rules, you're supposed to give your thoughts about the subject to provoke discussion, e.g. about gun control.
-Placeholder-May 18, 2018 11:20 AM
May 18, 2018 11:20 AM

May 2010
How great it would have been if any of the victims had the power to resist this tyranny.
May 18, 2018 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
deadprez said:
A Muslim/brown/black kid or just a white kid with mental illness who has played too many video games again? I guess that's the question many have right now.

If it's the ladder; thoughts and prayers. Rinse and repeat.

This is the shooter
May 18, 2018 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
Oh It's that time of the month.
Pray harder, arm kids, false flag etc.

I can see you

May 18, 2018 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
-Placeholder- said:
Railey2 said:

"I predicted the sun would rise tomorrow, and it did! Haha I just BTFO'd the people who didn't contest this!"

The fact of you virtue signalling about how people shouldn't post tragedies with a political agenda is the stupidest thing I've heard this week.
certainly something to think about, that a major school shooting can be as easily to predict as the rising sun, huh.

Anyway, I did notice how you jumped at the chance to push your agenda when the shooting happened in a different country, Australia ("see, gun control doesn't work anyway so why bother"). Now that it happened in the US, your comment was among the lines of "oh come on guys, it's not that bad, cars kill way more people than school shootings".
Although I do agree with the car argument and would happily agree school shootings are made to look way more dramatic than they actually are, it's certainly an interesting argumentative shift.

To be completely honest, I don't mind political discussions held directly after a disaster. What ticked me off about the earlier thread was the ever present American ego-centrism. The need to make everything about yourself and your country. That's what pisses me off the most, Americans can never shut up about american issues, even in situations where America was never even mentioned. Shooting in Australia? Talk about Murican gun control. So fucking self-important.
How would you like it if everyone just started talking about the new police law that's being pushed in Bavaria, Germany? It's really big here right now, oh what did you say you don't care? Too bad. This thread is now about the new Polizeiaufgabengesetz. #StopPAG
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 18, 2018 11:56 AM

Nov 2014
Relatively close to where I went to high school too. :/
This one's got me realizing how desensitized I am to shootings at this point...
--ALEX-- said:
Because they have to? Got an alternative? Drop out and live off government assistance? Cuz not every family can really afford going to private school or leaving the country...Don't mean to get cranky, but this is a dumb question
May 18, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
They really should consider collect and destroy all the guns (if it is practical). It's not necessary for any citizens to have guns to begin with.
May 18, 2018 12:06 PM

May 2012
Gun Control wouldnt have stopped this shooting. You can always get a gun if you know the right people.

This is a cultural problem where young men feel rejected and isolated by society so they make every shooting into an art piece. Pure self expression and rejecting all elements of society.

May 18, 2018 12:07 PM

May 2012
--ALEX-- said:

school shootings are not widely spread. Go look up statistics.
May 18, 2018 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
Bring back the asylums and have the violently mentally ill housed in them, this hasn't been a gun problem in over a decade.

May 18, 2018 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
Wow a revolver and a shot gun. Not those assault rifles people scream about. Also these guns were obtained by the shooter illegally. They were taken from his father he did not purchase them legally. So someone tell me how gun control would have fixed that? What we need is more secure schools but liberals refuse to have that.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 18, 2018 12:19 PM
Jan 2014
Railey2 said:
-Placeholder- said:

The fact of you virtue signalling about how people shouldn't post tragedies with a political agenda is the stupidest thing I've heard this week.
certainly something to think about, that a major school shooting can be as easily to predict as the rising sun, huh.

Anyway, I did notice how you jumped at the chance to push your agenda when the shooting happened in a different country, Australia ("see, gun control doesn't work anyway so why bother"). Now that it happened in the US, your comment was among the lines of "oh come on guys, it's not that bad, cars kill way more people than school shootings".
Although I do agree with the car argument and would happily agree school shootings are made to look way more dramatic than they actually are, it's certainly an interesting argumentative shift.

To be completely honest, I don't mind political discussions held directly after a disaster. What ticked me off about the earlier thread was the ever present American ego-centrism. The need to make everything about yourself and your country. That's what pisses me off the most, Americans can never shut up about american issues, even in situations where America was never even mentioned. Shooting in Australia? Talk about Murican gun control. So fucking self-important.
How would you like it if everyone just started talking about the new police law that's being pushed in Bavaria, Germany? It's really big here right now, oh what did you say you don't care? Too bad. This thread is now about the new Polizeiaufgabengesetz. #StopPAG

Why would I care about people advocating for gun control in countries that already have gun control? I mentioned America because that's where the relevant debate is. I'm not even American but I want to keep America a free country, because it has international repercussions and I'd like to move there if that were to become economically viable for me. Gun laws in the USA are always discussed in discussions about gun control, whether the people are American or not. And I debate gun control in many threads and I will post statistics to back up my point if that becomes necessary, I was simply responding to low-hanging fruit in this thread. I posted the Australian thread because I have heard many times this myth that there have been no mass shooting in Australia since the gun buyback was enacted, so I was just debunking this idea that gun control leads to utopia. Gun control advocates simply can't seem to get past the point that correlation isn't causation and the US's violence problem isn't caused by them owning guns.
-Placeholder-May 18, 2018 12:25 PM
May 18, 2018 12:20 PM

May 2012
Ramzee said:
Wow a revolver and a shot gun. Not those assault rifles people scream about. Also these guns were obtained by the shooter illegally. They were taken from his father he did not purchase them legally. So someone tell me how gun control would have fixed that? What we need is more secure schools but liberals refuse to have that.

nah if nobody had guns except the police who brutalize the citizenry the world would be safer. anti-gun control people are anti reality, rootless cosmopolitan hacks. Ignore them.
May 18, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Ramzee said:

nah if nobody had guns except the police who brutalize the citizenry the world would be safer. anti-gun control people are anti reality, rootless cosmopolitan hacks. Ignore them.

ANTi-REALITYYY LMAO

Been awhile since I've seen you in CE Poet.
May 18, 2018 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Ramzee said:

Same people who rant about the corrupt police officers that are exposed are the same people who want them to have all the power. The Constitution was made to avoid something like this happening. Giving complete power to a government is an idiotic move. Now you'll have people from other countries braggining when they don't even have the right to freedom of speech.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 18, 2018 12:31 PM

May 2012
NudeBear said:

ANTi-REALITYYY LMAO

Been awhile since I've seen you in CE Poet.

This has always been the worst board on mal. People just jerking off Traed, isekai with the same noam chomsky-esque opinions. Waste of time. I know it has been a hard job for you, brother.

Ramzee said:

Same people who rant about the corrupt police officers that are exposed are the same people who want them to have all the power. The Constitution was made to avoid something like this happening. Giving complete power to a government is an idiotic move. Now you'll have people from other countries braggining when they don't even have the right to freedom of speech.

Some people will only learn through the barrel of a gun. Let's hope fascism takes hold in those countries so people will definitely learn the hard way.
May 18, 2018 12:37 PM
Jan 2014
Ramzee said:
PoeticJustice said:

People who advocate gun control seem to be under this illusion that we have reached a peaceful state in society which will continue indefinitely, thus we can disarm ourselves and trust our safety to a tiny minority of people who hold all of the guns and power. Despite that in the scheme of things, the probability of this being so is near zero, and it was just last century that we have had evil dictators killing millions of their own citizens. But oh no, apparently the benefit to public safety which will supposedly result from having law-abiding citizens relinquishing their guns is worth making ourselves defenceless. Perhaps doing so is "progressive", but give me liberty of a little temporary safety any day.
May 18, 2018 12:39 PM
Feb 2018
PoeticJustice said:
Gun Control wouldnt have stopped this shooting. You can always get a gun if you know the right people.

This is a cultural problem where young men feel rejected and isolated by society so they make every shooting into an art piece. Pure self expression and rejecting all elements of society.

Then how come there aren't weekly shooting in the EU?

-Placeholder- said:

People who advocate gun control seem to be under this illusion that we have reached a peaceful state in society which will continue indefinitely, thus we can disarm ourselves and trust our safety to a tiny minority of people who hold all of the guns and power. Despite that in the scheme of things, the probability of this being so is near zero, and it was just last century that we have had evil dictators killing millions of their own citizens. But oh no, apparently the benefit to public safety which will supposedly result from having law-abiding citizens relinquishing their guns is worth making ourselves defenceless. Perhaps doing so is "progressive", but give me liberty of a little temporary safety any day.

???
Guns are still available to citizens even with gun control.
May 18, 2018 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
PoeticJustice said:

SANTA FE, Texas -- Ten people were killed in a shooting Friday morning at a high school south of Houston, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said. School district Police Chief Walter Braun said that explosive devices were found in Santa Fe High School and the surrounding area.

At an afternoon press conference, Abbott said that another 10 people were wounded in the shooting. Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said most of those killed were students.

The suspect in custody was identified as Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, of Santa Fe, according to law enforcement sources. Gonzalez said a male suspect was in custody and a person of interest was detained and questioned. He didn't identify the two but said both were believed to be students at the school.

Abbott said that the suspect had said that he wanted to commit suicide after the shooting.

"He gave himself up and admitted at the time that he didn't have the courage to commit the suicide," Abbott said.

You know, you are quite right. I wouldn't be surprised if dude frequented incel sites.

Anywho, once again it is time for me to ask for martial law again.
May 18, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
PoeticJustice said:
Ramzee said:

You know it's weird, in countries like Britain or Japan where citizens don't have guns but police do they tend to have a lot less police brutality.
But you can go on believing that if police have guns and you don't that they will oppress you for...no reason.
May 18, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2017
Kazataro said:
I hope everyones family in this thread gets shot fucking pompous pricks

wow i never pegged you as someone with common sense

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ πš–πšŠπš•'𝚜 π™³π™΄πšƒπ™΄π™²πšƒπ™Έπš…π™΄ πš›πšŠπšŒπšŒπš˜πš˜πš—
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ π™³π™΄πšƒπ™΄π™²πšƒπ™Έπš…π™΄ πš‹πš˜πš˜πš™ !
πš’ πš πš’πš•πš• πšŒπšŠπšπšŒπš‘ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŒπš’πš‹πšŽπš› πš›πšŠπšŒπšŒπš˜πš˜πš— !
May 18, 2018 12:49 PM

May 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
PoeticJustice said:

You know it's weird, in countries like Britain or Japan where citizens don't have guns but police do they tend to have a lot less police brutality.
But you can go on believing that if police have guns and you don't that they will oppress you for...no reason.

Lol, you ignore the culture of those countries, much different than American. Same with Japan. It is not the removal of guns it is much more complicated than you choose to believe.
May 18, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2012
AdolChri said:

You don't know if there are weekly shootings because they dont report it. The same with chicago, there are weekly shootings, gang shootings that never make the news.
May 18, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
PoeticJustice said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Lol, you ignore the culture of those countries, much different than American. Same with Japan. It is not the removal of guns it is much more complicated than you choose to believe.

Well then it sounds like maybe America's gun culture might actually be a negative thing right?
May 18, 2018 12:57 PM
Jan 2013
mamma mia here we go again
gone bai bai
May 18, 2018 12:59 PM
Jan 2014
PoeticJustice said:
AdolChri said:

You don't know if there are weekly shootings because they dont report it. The same with chicago, there are weekly shootings, gang shootings that never make the news.

Not to mention grenade attacks.

I think it's about time to implement some common-sense grenade control, don't you?
May 18, 2018 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
They ask me how I'm feeling my nigga I'm feeling lovely everywhere I go they wanna shoot me.
May 18, 2018 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty sure i've accepted this as the new normal
There is no emotional response from me anymore lol
Just gonna wait for the next one
cy@

May 18, 2018 1:03 PM

Aug 2017
PoeticJustice said:

Most people don't know 'the right people' thankfully.

PoeticJustice said:

Stuff like this is only said if the shooter isn't black, Muslim or brown.
May 18, 2018 1:05 PM
Jan 2014
deadprez said:
PoeticJustice said:

Most people don't know 'the right people' thankfully.

PoeticJustice said:

Yes, we absolutely need identity politics in this thread.
May 18, 2018 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
i wonder what traits all these shooters have in common, man if only i could find out.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 18, 2018 1:11 PM

Mar 2012
PoeticJustice said:

deadprez said:

I would agree with the Muslim part, as usually the crime is seen as a religious extremism if the perpetrator was a Muslim even if the religion actually had anything to do with it.
Black no, it would still be talked the same. Though black boys rejecting society usually resort to regular gang violence instead and wouldn't even be in school.
May 18, 2018 1:16 PM

Mar 2014
I think people should look more closely at how children are raised these days. Guns have been around forever but school shootings didn't become so frequent until 20 years ago.
May 18, 2018 1:19 PM

Aug 2017
ElPysCongroo said:
Iwould agree with the Muslim part, as usually the crime is seen as a religious extremism if the perpetrator was a Muslim even if the religion actually had anything to do with it.
Black no, it would still be talked the same. Though black boys rejecting society usually resort to regular gang violence instead and wouldn't even be in school.

To a larger degree the same, but I'm pretty sure black culture in general would be blamed. Trump-supporters would also assume the shooter hates white people if the victims were mostly white, and they would have used the shooting as an example of "racism against whites", or some bullshit like that.
deadprezMay 18, 2018 1:26 PM
May 18, 2018 1:19 PM
Feb 2018
PoeticJustice said:
AdolChri said:

You don't know if there are weekly shootings because they dont report it.

No, I'm pretty sure if someone started shooting in the middle of a mall or school in Europe we would know it.

Why don't these things happen in Europe regularly? We don't we get our weekly school shooting in Italy or France?
May 18, 2018 1:47 PM

Aug 2007
Another shooting, and more and more arguments with people who defend or justify the status-quo. Cue more people jumping into this thread to give their brilliant, well thought out blueprints to their plans of just give everyone a gun.

May 18, 2018 2:00 PM
Jan 2014
Hias said:
Another shooting, and more and more arguments with people who defend or justify the status-quo. Cue more people jumping into this thread to give their brilliant, well thought out blueprints to their plans of just give everyone a gun.

Who exactly is arguing for gun socialism?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.