Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2015
ive heard from different people that they were kinda sad or felt down after watching it. but i personally cant quite understand it because i actually was really happy at the end. so how did you feel and what were your thoughts after watching ?
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 11, 2016 1:19 AM

Jan 2016
10/10 ending. I cried rivers.

But seriously, I had no problems with the end. Because winter always comes, and summer goes. It can be bitter, but we must endure.

<3 :)
Apr 15, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2015
Ehm, it was a quite sad ending. Rushed but sad.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 15, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2016
The ending was quite sad and i would've prefered one where he didnt disappear.
Apr 30, 2016 8:02 PM
Oct 2015
I'm an emotional wreck after this. It was beautiful (like Gin's face), and I knew it would be sad, but I still wasn't prepared T_T
May 5, 2016 12:31 AM

Jun 2013
The ending is so boring
I just "....WTF so gin dead like that??? LOLOLOLOLOL....."

Where is the sad part peoples talking about from this movie????? I just don't get it!!!!
May 29, 2016 4:50 AM
May 2016
I didn't expected that kind of ending.... I thought they it may be sad but it was stupid ending... Why it had to be that human kid. But maybe it was the saddest anime I ever watched.
May 29, 2016 5:19 AM
May 2016
SO SAD 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 3, 2016 8:38 AM
May 2016
Sorry how are you happy at the end of the film ? It has to be one of the most saddest ending ever. I'm still sad about it and when I think of the film it makes me sad. I think it's a good film but it does leave you with a sad feeling you cannot deny that
Jun 3, 2016 1:10 PM
May 2016
Azhar_Sologuy said:
The ending was quite sad and i would've prefered one where he didnt disappear.

I wish that i could go back in time and see a happy ending, one were Gin maybe turned human or something. The film was effective, however it left a sad pit in my stomach that wont be cured for a while : (
Jun 3, 2016 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
CallousCleric said:
Sorry how are you happy at the end of the film ? It has to be one of the most saddest ending ever. I'm still sad about it and when I think of the film it makes me sad. I think it's a good film but it does leave you with a sad feeling you cannot deny that

a sad ending doent necessary mean that you are sad about it. for gin it wasnt that sad. he wanted to disappear by touching her finally. like said in the movie hotaru knew it was the last time they met. so yeah it was a sudden and kinda sad ending but the ending they both wanted (and be happy with) because there was no chance for an overall good ending for them.

but i understand your opinion and thats exactly why i opened this topic. i was happy for them at the end, even though i had to cry because it was sad
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 3, 2016 2:18 PM
May 2016
Galaxy__ said:
CallousCleric said:

a sad ending doent necessary mean that you are sad about it. for gin it wasnt that sad. he wanted to disappear by touching her finally. like said in the movie hotaru knew it was the last time they met. so yeah it was a sudden and kinda sad ending but the ending they both wanted (and be happy with) because there was no chance for an overall good ending for them.

but i understand your opinion and thats exactly why i opened this topic. i was happy for them at the end, even though i had to cry because it was sad

Someone should have told me that I need tissue though :(
I know what you mean about the ending, but I really just wanted a happy ending sometimes part of being human I suppose
Jun 3, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
CallousCleric said:
Galaxy__ said:

Someone should have told me that I need tissue though :(
I know what you mean about the ending, but I really just wanted a happy ending sometimes part of being human I suppose

i guess a real happy ending wasnt possible this time here.

Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 3, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
Sorry guys but I felt nothing, it was pretty predictable how it would end and was not long enough for me to get attached to any of the characters. I thought it was an ok film.
Jun 3, 2016 8:59 PM
Jun 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
I just got done watching this. It mad me very sad to be honest. It was a beautiful film though. I was hoping perhaps he could become fully human or that she could become a spirit. That being said I really love this film.
Jun 9, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
Galaxy__ said:
ive heard from different people that they were kinda sad or felt down after watching it. but i personally cant quite understand it because i actually was really happy at the end. so how did you feel and what were your thoughts after watching ?

I cried like a bitch
Jun 11, 2016 10:00 PM

May 2016
broken to pieces...i know that the plot may be predictable. i was sort of anticipating hotaru to give in and glomp gin (i mean, who wouldn't? *inner fangirl speaking*) but i was devastated that some random human boy caused him to disappear...

it was bittersweet how they could finally hold each other and then, poof! he was gone. T^T this made me want to rewatch natsume yuujinchou.
Jun 24, 2016 3:51 AM
Dec 2015
i felt sad as shit haha. was heartwarming but sad movie! wish there was a happy ending like him becoming human again but that was never what i was expecting to happen! beautiful anime!
Jun 28, 2016 12:33 PM
May 2015
It was very beautiful, but heartbreaking too. I cried at the end. :(
Also the ending song was so touchy...
Jul 7, 2016 10:50 AM

Mar 2015
It's a bittersweet ending. I did tear up a bit, and I did feel sad about him disappearing, but I'm happy with the way it ended.
Jul 7, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2015
boring, forced and awful.

I was like "oh, okay, gin is dead now, lol. And such a stupid reason? Are you shitting me? Why is this ever fucking sad?"

Yeah, those are my feelings about the ending.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jul 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
Aassdddai said:
Sorry guys but I felt nothing, it was pretty predictable how it would end and was not long enough for me to get attached to any of the characters. I thought it was an ok film.

This. I was hoping she would make a plea to the Mountain God or something. But then I looked at the time and the movie was over.

It was alright. Maybe it's just me but I was waiting for "something" to happen the whole movie but it never did. Never got the payoff.

Jul 26, 2016 4:06 PM

Jan 2015
I'm sorry to say but this entire movie was boring as hell. I know I'm one of the few who didn't like it but that's just how I feel. And it was too short, and I wished there was more romance in it.
Aug 9, 2016 7:10 PM
Aug 2016
Tbh I was not prepared and nobody warned me. I wasn't prepared to cry and after watching the movie I was so sad that I didn't watch any anime for a couple of days but I recovered 😂
I like the ending tho.
Aug 27, 2016 10:11 AM
Aug 2016
I liked winter. Cool, pleasant and everything was awesome. But after watching this movie, I felt that I started to wait for summer with Hotaru .I found a space within me...
Aug 27, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2013
I hated that stupid kid for being there.
Aug 29, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2016
While watching it I kind of hoped they would use some stupid asspull to create a happy ending (even though I already realized that this would harm the story).

I think an ending in which Hotaru grows old while never touching Gin would have been somehow even sadder, so I think this was the best possible ending for this story.
Sep 5, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2015
It was a interesting story, but I honestly didn't feel emotive at all at the end, the way to finish the story with that random kid felt disappointing compared to lots of other posible ways to end it, that, together with the pretty boring start, made me feel that it was just an alright movie, it should have been longer IMO.

I didn't like Natsume Yuujinchou from the same author, and this story was very similar in idea, so I imagine that his works just aren't my type.
Sep 5, 2016 6:15 PM

Feb 2016
It was really rushed, given it was only like 42 minutes long. But I wasn't crying at the end though, I just felt really empty and betrayed. Like someone ripped a hole through my soul. Basically, I felt wasted... but it was a nice movie though.
Sep 17, 2016 9:24 PM

Mar 2014
Does anyone know why Hotaru was getting the feeling that this summer was going to be the last one with Gin based on his actions? Cause Gin seemed iffy about her wanting to see him everyday by moving into the area and gave her his mask and she felt that he wasn't gonna see her next summer, so I was thinking maybe he had an intution that he was going to disappear soon, or was it something else he was feeling?
Sep 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
Uzumaki_Pride said:
Does anyone know why Hotaru was getting the feeling that this summer was going to be the last one with Gin based on his actions? Cause Gin seemed iffy about her wanting to see him everyday by moving into the area and gave her his mask and she felt that he wasn't gonna see her next summer, so I was thinking maybe he had an intution that he was going to disappear soon, or was it something else he was feeling?

he actually didnt want to "live" anymore. he thought his time had come to go to the playce he belongs
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 18, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
bruh i was bawling my eyes out at the end
Sep 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
Galaxy__ said:
Uzumaki_Pride said:

he actually didnt want to "live" anymore. he thought his time had come to go to the playce he belongs

Oh, I had the rationale that he just wasn't going to see her anymore cause it was painful for him since he couldn't touch her so he was just going to stop before she out ages him and it becomes even more painful
Oct 24, 2016 1:53 PM
Sep 2016
I wanted to find something that would have me in tears. I knew it would be like this.

BUT I GUESS THAT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN NEVER BE PREPARED FOR.

AND FUCK YOU GIN TOUCHING A BOY FIRST INSTEAD OF HOTARU.

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE THEME SONG, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING
Oct 24, 2016 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
I didnt really like how Gin died because of those kids but it added a bittersweetness to the story.
Nov 20, 2016 7:00 AM
Jun 2016
first time i watched it, at the ending, i just feel like something missing. now, already watched it for the second time, i feel sad yet confused at the same time
Nov 20, 2016 7:12 AM

Jul 2015
wblessyil said:
first time i watched it, at the ending, i just feel like something missing. now, already watched it for the second time, i feel sad yet confused at the same time

mhmm why confused ?
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Nov 20, 2016 7:13 AM

Jul 2015
I felt dead, just like Gin
Rip
Nov 20, 2016 7:15 AM

Jul 2016
7/10, yes it was sad, but i hated how gin just died like that-
like that-
i was like wtf?
Dec 3, 2016 5:07 PM
Jan 2014
I was stressed out the whole movie because it seemed so inevitable that he would die. When it actually happened I was kind of relieved that she took it so well and there was a bitter sweetness to it.
Mar 11, 2017 10:58 PM

Dec 2015
I felt pretty much dead.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aug 24, 2017 10:39 PM
Jul 2016
Very freaking sad...
Aug 29, 2017 10:49 PM

Jul 2015
I didn't like the way Gin died, but overall it was nice
Aug 29, 2017 10:53 PM

Jun 2016
SAD CRIED DEPRESS SOB TEARS
Aug 30, 2017 9:29 PM
Dec 2016
I feel sad about the ending! I hope Gin won't die...😭😔
Aug 31, 2017 1:27 AM

Jul 2015
HeyOtaku123 said:
I feel sad about the ending! I hope Gin won't die...😭😔

what do you mean ? he is literally dead.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 16, 2017 9:32 PM
Sep 2011
My feelings went like this:

...This is how it should end...
(Begin fade to black)
Dont you dare!!
No
Ok
That's how it should end.
(Credits roll)
Good.
Jan 14, 2018 2:10 AM
Jan 2018
My heart feels shattered and broken.
Like it's held together by metal stitches.
Hurts so much.
Sobbed hard, cried buckets.
Hope they can meet in another life.
Jan 14, 2018 10:45 PM

Jun 2016
Hurt and betrayed. Nah jk with the latter since I somehow already knew where the story's going, but it still made me cry.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hotarubi no Mori e Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Orulyon - Feb 22, 2012

434 by vege134 »»
Aug 10, 10:50 AM

» Your thoughts?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 10, 2021

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:01 AM

» Why does the girl doesn’t look that upset?

Sincere_T_ - Jun 12, 2020

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:00 AM

» Any Anime which ends in 1 eps and in 45 mins (like thus one)

WVM - Nov 29, 2022

19 by yvonness »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:07 AM

» Any rumored/known reason why it hasn't been licensed in North America?

Lolicon - May 8, 2022

0 by Lolicon »»
May 8, 2022 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.