Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 21, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nyanta is awesome. For some reason, I get a little of Baccano vibe with him fighting on the train on the Flying Pussfoot heh..

His opponent Londark is pretty damn impressive though imo until he got ambushed. I find Mizufa's fight against Nyanta to be pretty intimidating with all the taunting. One lesson to learn from this episode though is to NEVER piss Nyanta off.

Also, this episode didn't surprise me that Nureha revealed herself from her fake disguise. Looks like Tohya had some influence on her.
Feb 21, 2015 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
More example of how people here try to survive, with the choice of destroying land people.

Saito-san's character can change her avatar... she yearns to meet main guy.

New song!

End of the trip soon and new arc begins?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 21, 2015 7:05 AM
Jul 2014
This episode was alright. It's pretty much what the last episode should have been, and while there are some issues I still have with it (catching a thrusting rapier bare handed, for instance), nothing stands out as being so bad like last episode.

I still would have liked it better if they were all grouped up and working as a team rather than playing action commando but whatever I guess. At this point I'll take what I can get.

Even though he had his hands tied firmly behind his back, watching Nyanta fight was enough to hold me over.
Feb 21, 2015 7:07 AM

Apr 2011
92 lvl can't beat 67 lvl pfff. And tired of song. We need more main heroine.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Feb 21, 2015 7:31 AM

Jun 2014
1st half was ok , second half was utterly crap
Feb 21, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty intense ep, considering latest 3 were utter shit. Nyanta being as awesome as ever, and two of the former Tea Party's members are finally in action.
Feb 21, 2015 8:21 AM

Feb 2014
This arc with the kids has been pretty boring so far imo, it made this 2nd season much worse.
Feb 21, 2015 8:39 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Battle wise SAO 2 was more entertaining. Season 2 of LH has been well going downhill after the raid ended.

Nyanta goes up against a Lv 67 and he can't win. So much hype for Nyanta in battle and he doesn't even do much.

I least we got to see Nureha which is +1.

Feb 21, 2015 8:46 AM
Jan 2015
KawaiiKato said:
Battle wise SAO 2 was more entertaining. Season 2 of LH has been well going downhill after the raid ended.

Nyanta goes up against a Lv 67 and he can't win. So much hype for Nyanta in battle and he doesn't even do much.

I least we got to see Nureha which is +1.

I do have to agree, ever since the raid ended, the season really hasn't been that great. I'm completely lost as to what is even happening right now.
Feb 21, 2015 9:23 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Londark getting ambushed from behind was pretty funny. Dude had it coming when he kept babbling about how dying isn't a big deal.
For a General, Mizufa wasn't as strong as she was supposed to be. Taunting was the only thing she's good at. If it wasn't for Kazuhiko, she would've gotten killed twice!

Looks like Nureha's mindset has changed a little. Little guy Tohya's words influenced her in a good way rather. Still has her eyes on Shiroe though.

Isuzu's emotional monologues and her song was kinda boring tbh. If those screentime were focused on the battles, it would've been much better.

Above average episode. Battle ends next week and Roe2 leaves the crew with a letter. New threat approaching Akihabara? O.o

Feb 21, 2015 9:25 AM

Jun 2014
You know, i REALLY dont get whats going on in this show anymore. They keep making references to things early in the season, and last season and i just dont remember those things. Its pretty lackluster and boring...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 21, 2015 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
poorly paced fight, needless and boring drama. I don't know if the Light Novel turns into shit, or if the studio is doing shit, but whatever, this season was crap
Feb 21, 2015 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
i love to see you guys read the LN, betting you will just drop it quickly
Feb 21, 2015 9:49 AM
Sep 2012
Probably better to just watch the whole season in one go. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people are so confused as to what's going on in the current arc.

It's obviously a whole lot better to just read the light novel, but there are lots of people who are lazy to read pages of text and letters so... :P
Feb 21, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2008
Hard to take this episode seriously when Nyanta keeps ending almost all of his sentences with nya even while he's preaching to the "bad" guys.
Feb 21, 2015 10:16 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And we still don't know where Krusty is?

The show is almost over and they pretty much forgot about him. Heck even the kiddos don't seem to question where Krusty is.

Feb 21, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
S2 Log Horizon has been underwhelming compare to S1.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 21, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
First half was awesome. It was great to see Nyanta getting into a scuffle again. Its been waaay to long. Second half sucked ass. Isuzu's songs suck, her internal monologues suck, and she sucks. Oh well, hopefully that's the last song we'll hear from her, like ever.
Feb 21, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2012
The first half of the second season was 'okay', but the second half really has made me lose almost all interest in this anime. I can't even bother to check any of the Plant Hwyden characters to see if they have appeared before, what their motives are or anything else at this point. I felt the first season had much better pacing and storytelling which made everything much more cohesive than the fragmented second season with various open-ended plotlines that I do not see being resolved in the last 5 episodes. I have made it this far, so I will see it to the end but each episode is taking about 5-6~ pauses in between before I can complete it by this point.
ClawViperFeb 27, 2015 4:34 AM
Feb 21, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Meh, the second season is pretty mediocre compared to the first.
Feb 21, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
First season of Log Horizon was keeping me in interest all time. Second one totally lost its impact. Nothing interesing anymore, half-filler. This episode sums second season (that is gonna end soon) exactly at it is - On first half something happens, on second half we get senseless monologues that have no draft and aren't even interesing to watch. Log Horizon goes down, totally down and im dissapointed. This serie had its potential and well made plot. Now it all goes into monologues.
Feb 21, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Man, this season is starting to get boring.
yeo
Feb 21, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Nyanta was awesome in this episode.

Londark is dead.
Feb 21, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
The anime really ruined it, but in the LN Isuzu's singing is what saves everyone as she gets her overskill, "The 43rd." Its a really heartfelt moment as she literally animates the entire town to protect everyone from harm and later on learns that even the People of the Land could sing the song causing her to break down in tears. The anime doesn't bring this scene justice.
Feb 21, 2015 1:41 PM
Jul 2014
ClawViper7 said:
The first half of the second season was 'okay', but the second half really has made me lose almost all interest in this anime. I can't even bother to check any of the Plant Hwyden characters to see if they have appeared before, what their motives are or anything else at this point. I felt the first season had much better pacing and storytelling which made every much more cohesive than the fragmented second season with various open-ended plotlines that I do not see being resolved in the last 5 episodes. I have made it this far, so I will see it to the end

My feelings exactly. At this point I just don't care about any of the Plant Hwyaden characters and the whole current plotline/battle thing seems pointless.

There are some nice moments, like Isuzu's song, but I think the buildup to it was botched in favour of showing some other pointless scenes.

At this point I just wish they'd hurry up and finish this arc and get back to Shiroe.
Feb 21, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
I can't believe Tohya stoped the other guys for so long... till it was dark oO
How couldn't they go past him? Just knock him out and run...

And seriously is this really the time to be singing? ^^'

Liked the 1st half with Nyanta better ><
Feb 21, 2015 6:42 PM
Nov 2010
Hmmm there's so many directions this anime went..but definitely that battle with Kazuhiko and the 'Chief', or lack thereof was pretty badass. Other than that I was kinda expecting of "Battle-Level" or "Tactical Level" Magic much like Roe 2's Sword Princess Al Quenje from Isuzu since they seem to be focusing so much on her own development the last couple of episodes.

Seeing all their personal battles and individual growth all at once in the heat of the city being reduced to rubble seemed a bit drawn out to me.
Feb 22, 2015 12:01 AM
Feb 2015
- Isuzu again? You're wasting too much time on that emo b*tch, DEEN..
- Woah, what the hell is with that 1st part of Nyanta's fight scene. It is so full of cliche'd moments that do not fit Nyanta's awesomeness. To begin with, how did that red hair and Kazuhiko just suddenly appeared at a train's rooftop? OH DEEN, you can do better than that. =.=

This arc should have ended last episode if we're to apply the pacing of season 1. If they are planning to drag this arc due to the lack of source material then they should have just extended that Kanami and friends story. I want to know more about Coppelia and Frog Ninja.

EDIT: DEEN proved to be exceptional at only one thing and that is "RUINING A GREAT STORY". Seriously, what's wrong with this studio? First, they will rush important stuff then next thing you know, they're dragging a boring arc. Satelight should have done Season 2.
raik0nFeb 22, 2015 12:23 AM
Feb 22, 2015 1:26 AM

Nov 2014
Isuzu was all like wait everyone is running to die, Tohya in trouble, oh hells no gotta do something quick BETTER SING AGAIN

This bitch I can't any more.

Please, Deen, if one of the wyverns sets her lute on fire next ep all is forgiven. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
Quality Queen.
Feb 22, 2015 1:59 AM
Mar 2013
Imma be honest, Log Horizon is so bad, Season 2 is even worse than 1.
Feb 22, 2015 2:28 AM

Sep 2010
misaseh098 said:
The anime really ruined it, but in the LN Isuzu's singing is what saves everyone as she gets her overskill, "The 43rd." Its a really heartfelt moment as she literally animates the entire town to protect everyone from harm and later on learns that even the People of the Land could sing the song causing her to break down in tears. The anime doesn't bring this scene justice.

Wow, that's disappointing. O.O
Gotta wonder why they switched studios.
Feb 22, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2010
I wish all those hating SAOkiddies would just go away.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 22, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
Finally a decent episode after a long spell of mediocrity. Nyanta was great, as usual Rest of the episode was decent too.
Feb 22, 2015 6:56 AM

Dec 2014
Zapredon said:
S2 Log Horizon has been underwhelming compare to S1.

Agreed.
Feb 22, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
misaseh098 said:

It also probably helps that when you read it your imagination can just insert some awesome song and you dont have to listen to the crap they stuff down you throat in the anime.

That said no matter how bad the adaptation is, I doub the Source material can really be that much better. This 2nd season has just been so damn dreadful.
Feb 22, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
Can someone explain this level bullshit to me? I mean, Shiroe was raiding for months and is now still level 92. In addition to that Nyanta meant that this level 68 NPC is "strong", while he's level 92? I was straight out facepalming at the monitor.
Feb 22, 2015 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
wow, nyanta was pretty great this episode, even if he did get his ass kicked (and by a lvl. 68 person of the land).

am i the only one who liked the last few episodes and the whole 'kids go on an adventure' arc? it's probably because i really like rudy and isuzu (and everyone seems to hate them)
Feb 22, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
Nyanta action but damn...

Izusu creates the 43rd song for Elder Tale.

The Battle is over

Nureha has changed
Feb 22, 2015 2:50 PM
Sep 2013
best comic relief thanks.

No. This season is just horrendous. The animation sucks, episodes just focus on some kiddies picnics and this wasn't better either. The first half racked up my interest, but then it went back to the stupid uninteresting monologues and off-story shit. Luckily there's just a few episodes left so we'll be done with this crap. Fuck.
Feb 22, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Man I cant wait to see what these kids are gonna do next episode -SaidNoOneEver

Feb 22, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
Nyanta's fight is epic.
People of the Land is strong enough to face up with Nyanta.
And Nureha have a change of heart.
Overall nice episode, still not sure if Roe 2 and Shiroe have a connection.
Feb 22, 2015 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
Finally a good-ish episode.

Fenix29 said:
Meh, the second season is pretty mediocre compared to the first.

Blame Studio DEEN.
Feb 22, 2015 7:21 PM
Oct 2013
Studio Deen is pretty well known for killing off anime quality, and this is just proving it even more. the first season was interesting because even during the slower parts, the animation held a somewhat consistent pacing and quality. the studio handling it knew how to spread out the details and the payoff of the LN chapters so that it all came together properly. the first half of this season actually had much of that, but as it is now, the studio was already cutting back on the animation, and now they're slowing the pace down to a crawl as well.

Williams speech might come to mind for some of you when I mention a crawling pace,, and my retort is that William was not only a complete unknown, thus gaining characterization from his speech, but his speech only took up one episode, and that episode was preceded, and followed by fairly satisfactory action and tactics while at the moment, the action is slow, the tactics don't even exist, and the current LH crew (the kiddies) are unable to deliver the scale of action that this pace demands to salvage it.

In my opinion, the largest mistake Deen made was using 1 episode on the minami arc when two would have allowed them to add more background information to everybody introduced in that episode. if they had done that, not only would those characters have had a far larger impact upon the people watching who don't know the books, but they could have sped up this entire arc and focused their animation skills solely upon the plot instead of having to draw out even the smallest of conversations.

this arc is only ever going to be good when marathoned because they drew it out so much that nobody cares anymore when we only get one episode a week. It's taken up more episodes than necessary to tell things that could have been shown in animation instead of monologue. I have no doubt that many of the events from the past few episodes held a far larger impact in the novel than in the anime simply due to the pacing of novels being vastly different than a weekly anime.

on a different note though, people here need to stop whining about krusty, in case you were asleep for the past few episodes (not hard to believe actually...) krusty IS being discussed among the people who know the details, but they have yet to find anything to go on, so writing an arc while they know nothing is futile. it's not like he was kidnapped, he was sucked up into a weapon that vanished into thin air, and along with that, it took that one woman's hand with it, and said hand is now not healable through normal means. this is something that's probably going to define the next major arc completely, if you want them to rush it in now feel free to, but krusty is a major character and a massive influence, the author wouldn't take him out the plot without good reason. That reason is probably going to give us an insight on something that can't be shown through the normal story.

I have more to add, but that's about the gist of it.
vlaineFeb 22, 2015 7:36 PM
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Feb 23, 2015 1:17 AM

Jun 2009
well im going to dissagree wiht most the comments and say well fuck it was a good episode, and hell i even like the kids, and about last season ebibng better the 2nd part of it was boring as fuck with festivla after festival there was nothing too it was fucking fluuf at least were seeing the world and stuff.Sure it be cool to see shiro and the other go all hardcore on some mother fucker s and im sure we will in the future but of the chacter we knwo and of the world we know there kinda stong and as we even found out this episode ther is others who can stand up to them.

And about nanta not just stright up killing the Ai he was trying to talk to it and also it aprea that skill is also a factor and that one seamed wells killed for its lvl and if he wasn't stoped those 2 times he could of killed her easy
Feb 23, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
naki12 said:
vlaine said:
Studio Deen is pretty well known for killing off anime quality, and this is just proving it even more...
Stop blaming DEEN for the story, DEEN only handles animating the show. That is, drawing the pictures and making things move.

It would be the director's fault for badly pacing it and poorly executing good scenes, like Isuzu's 43rd song having much greater impact than was shown this episode.
Feb 23, 2015 6:58 AM

Oct 2013
Alright this is becoming more and more difficult to watch.
LH used to be good before the second half of s2.
Feb 23, 2015 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
Finally! Something a bit watchable happened, Nyanta's battle is good but that mage's speech was so boring, that samurai dude is lvl 97 damn. Its been utter shit after the raid arc and this kids are so damn boring to watch. Its so boring that i just skimmed through the episodes.

Rudy, self obsessed and annoying character in every way.
Touya, is his class a priest? with all of his preaching and sht.
Isuzu, annoying monologue of her self pity and her repetitive songs.
Serara, Nyanta (I think that word describes her completely).
Minor, somewhat bearable compared to those above.

Can someone lock this annoying children in a dungeon with no monster so they won't die and respawn to cathedrals. I sick of their arc.
Feb 23, 2015 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
The vast majority of this episode was bearable this week, with the plot finally advancing.

And then the stupid brats happened. Cue skipping of dumb-boring song + having a rage-attack at the end there. I just abouts keep my sanity through these sub-standard eps whenever I see Akatsuki in the ending song.
Feb 23, 2015 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
Londark was killed so fast that there was barely time for his fight/talk with Nyanta...

Is it just me or this season is nothing like the 1st one? I keep going coz it's almost over, but really it got worse in the second half...
Feb 23, 2015 3:34 PM
Oct 2013
naki12 said:
stop blaming DEEN for the story, DEEN only handles animating the show. That is, drawing the pictures and making things move.

My apologies then to DEEN. they had nothing to do with the slow pace. on the other hand, the animation is still subpar, so they have yet to get a clean slate imo. DEEN has control of the animation, and in places where the writers fail at consistent pacing, the animators job is to carry the show through those slow parts. for example, kara no kyoukai had an episode that was entirely talking between two characters in the snow, and one of the reasons that it went half as well as it did was because the animation was fluid,

EDIT^: unfair comparison, ufo has godlike money to animate scenes, DEEN does not, but the animation is still subpar.

but my point as far as the rest of the story I redirect at the writers. they have dropped the ball for this half of the season, this episode was supposed to be the payoff to the past few episodes, but the arc as a whole got dragged out so long that at this point the most positive thing most of us can say about them is that we don't even care anymore.

the last season had a focus on the younger cast as well, but it went over far better because it moved more fluidly. this time the episodes were dragged out in an attempt to flesh out the younger characters at the expense of the side arc being relegated to a single episode.

not to mention the 43rd song was not as effective due to us already having been overexposed to her voice prior. if this had been her first, or even second song, it would have had a far larger impact because her voice wouldn't be over ingrained in our heads

but that's my view from the perspective of it's flaws, this episode felt fine to me as part of a larger context/future setup episode, it's just that as a weekly episode it's clearly harmed by the past few weeks being noticeably dragged out.
vlaineFeb 23, 2015 4:09 PM
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

89 by Kraum »»
May 30, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

125 by Kraum »»
May 28, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

134 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

226 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 12, 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.