Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2009 12:19 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can`t say I was impressed, but I guess it did what it was supposed to do, set up for the next movie. Had some good funny moments there, especially with #6 and it did get me excited for Paradise Lost. Overall, pretty decent. Kinda wish that the Air King t-shirt that they were selling at the theatre wasnt 3000 yen D:
Jan 1, 2010 4:08 AM

May 2009
I found some interesting spoilers, unfortunately in Japanese.
http://ameblo.jp/adam/entry-10398791175.html
NazeliJan 1, 2010 8:05 AM
Jan 12, 2010 4:40 AM

Apr 2009
Wasn't the opening theme a song called "Invisible" by "LEAH"? That's what I saw from the credits... I thought "light prayer" was the "theme song"/ending song.

EDIT: yea, it probably is. Just heard "light prayer" again and it's in Japanese. The opening was definitely in English.

Anyways, I think the movie had some good explanatory moments in there, especially on what happens after Takizawa forgets his past (again). It does a good job of explaining, but I didn't get any suspense or action until near the end. It was quite monotonous. However, as far as the storyline goes, I think it's essential.
noiryoriJan 12, 2010 4:58 AM
Jan 29, 2010 8:08 PM

Jun 2009
I haven't watched it yet,,,but I just want to know...
the movie take after last episode ~continuation~ or before Takizawa wiped his memories???
Feb 1, 2010 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
Judging by the trailer, the film is going to continue the story of TV series.
Feb 16, 2010 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
A little 'teaser'.. the OP for the movie.

Makes me want to watch it even more.
March, where are you?
Mar 24, 2010 8:59 PM

Nov 2007
Kind of interesting. I understood the main point of the movie from the incompletely downloaded file. Watching the complete file.

tsubasaloverMar 25, 2010 9:11 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 28, 2010 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
Ah it's finally been subbed, but I have to admit I am a fair bit disappointed. The whole thing was pretty much a plateau of an experience. It felt like the TV animation mattered little, however; still looking forward to the grand finale.
Mar 28, 2010 9:26 AM

Mar 2009
good film, but with one drawback: a delusional plot. And yes, waiting for a second.
Mar 28, 2010 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
I really hoped for more
Mar 28, 2010 11:16 AM

May 2008
It was... OK...

It's like a loooooooooooooong episode. It's basically just a build up introduction movie for the next movie. Really boring and nothing really happens, and what happens is only to make it matter in the next movie.

Basically a long episode about amnesia and questions.
Mar 28, 2010 11:24 AM

Feb 2008
I actually quite enjoyed this movie. And now I can't wait until the next one!

The thing that I really noticed about it was the animation. It was like a breath of fresh air while watching it. :)
Mar 28, 2010 11:29 AM

Jul 2009
It wasn't bad, but I expected more. It only got good at the end, and then it, well, ended.

I love the ending song though, so bonus points for that.
Mar 28, 2010 4:02 PM

Apr 2008
Just as QUALITY as the TV series, but it suffers from the same type of sequelitis that the middle of the Star Wars movies and games like Mass Effect 2 within established trilogies suffer from: All of it just feels like a build up to the finale and barely able to stand on its own right.
Mar 28, 2010 5:12 PM
Sep 2009
Just like many said above, it was refreshing to see the quality and characters again. However,overall the movie wasn't to exciting until the end. Great setup for the next movie.
Mar 28, 2010 5:47 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Interesting continuation from the anime episodes. Now, if I can watch the next movie...

Mar 28, 2010 6:35 PM

Jan 2009
Most people have said it, but it was pretty much a set up for the next movie, nothing more. It did succeed with that though and I can't wait for Paradise Lost.

One thing that has me confused is the whole deleted thing. When the trucks were destroyed, the girl helping them and the guy with the hat (I don't feel like getting their names) got deleted. Why did they get deleted from the system?

I understand how the guy who destroyed his phone did, but why were the other two deleted?
Mar 28, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Nice set up for the next movie. Can't wait for it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 7:02 PM

May 2009
Pace slowed noticeably vs. the TV series that preceded, but it was by no means boring. They did seem to save most of the jaw dropping moments for the end though that left me wanting the second movie NOW. Alas, it's still in theaters..so it's gonna be awhile.

Btw, you can tell they spent some time in NYC before making the film. The locations were more or less spot on and nothing seemed off in how there were used. Though I wish the city was actually that clean. Plus I'd never thought that the words "Chinatown bus" would ever make it into an anime. LOL.
Mar 28, 2010 7:03 PM

Jun 2007
Yokoo said:
Just like many said above, it was refreshing to see the quality and characters again. However,overall the movie wasn't to exciting until the end. Great setup for the next movie.

^that
can't wait for the second movie, thinking of rewatching the series + this movie again before the next movie becomes available to watch.
need to completely(or partially) understand about the plot and the events :)
again, it was very refreshing seeing them again :') I missed this anime and I'm looking forward to see how it will all play out.

ps. still bummed that takizawa erased his memories, but soo glad he's still the same<3
Mar 28, 2010 7:33 PM

Oct 2007
kind of upsetting. I cant believe we have to wait another... 3/4 months for the next movie DVD release? hopefully the next movie will have more action and answer all the questions.

Mar 28, 2010 7:39 PM

May 2009
Yeah, that was just ok...

It doesn't stand on it's own, which in my mind made it a disappointment. Even as a companion piece in a trilogy, i felt like they just glided over any deeper character development amongst the other Players and didn't invest enough time in progressing the story.

The animation was nice, but the movie didn't give me that same sense of enjoyment that I got from the series.

Of course I'll watch the others, but I was pretty disappointed with this one.
Mar 28, 2010 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
ArcticMech said:
Pace slowed noticeably vs. the TV series that preceded, but it was by no means boring. They did seem to save most of the jaw dropping moments for the end though that left me wanting the second movie NOW. Alas, it's still in theaters..so it's gonna be awhile.

I enjoyed it very much...I think it did what it was supposed to do. I enjoyed seeing saki and akira scenes again. I can't wait for the next movie.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 28, 2010 8:04 PM

May 2009
I really enjoyed it, yeah it was slow paced but i didn't mind it, just wish the 2nd film was out! The trailer part confused me, perhaps the trailers carry some sort of cargo that has some connection to juiz, although to me, it looked like the trailers were carrying more missiles(but that wouldn't make sense?)
Mar 28, 2010 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
wasn't too bad, did get me excited for the second movie which should be good.
Mar 28, 2010 10:19 PM
Mar 2008
So the guy in the plane was Mr. Outside?
Mar 28, 2010 10:58 PM
Jul 2009
Thought it was really good. Climax wasn't very... Climaxy. But definitely worth the download, watch, and eventual rewatch when Paradise comes out and I marathon the trilogy.
Mar 28, 2010 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
pretty darn good, though that number six guy is crazy; number 1 is taking the credit for saving japan; meanwhile takizawa is slowing on his way to becoming "king" of japan, but at the same time juiz's command module things are being destroyed, so the other remaining numbers are screwed- can't wait for the next movie!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 29, 2010 5:06 AM

Mar 2008
I kind of ruined it for myself because I didn't re-watch the series... I was so out of nearly everything that happened. .o
Mar 29, 2010 5:43 AM

Aug 2008
defunct said:
I kind of ruined it for myself because I didn't re-watch the series... I was so out of nearly everything that happened. .o
Same here.

Anyway, this movie gets 6/10 for me... Quite boring really.
Mar 29, 2010 6:21 AM

Jan 2010
Not so great and not so bad too so i'll give it a OK-OK ^-^
lol :D
Mar 29, 2010 7:04 AM

Jul 2009
Didn't have to rewatch the series because I already watched it about 5 times...

Well... I need to watch the second movie or I'll run around town and slit up every throat I see.
Mar 29, 2010 8:35 AM

Jun 2009
wasn't as intense as i hoped but nice lead to the next movie
Mar 29, 2010 9:50 AM
Nov 2008
I had high expectations, so I was a little disappointed. I was hoping that the white-haired man-killer would have a dramatic entrance as she did when she left the anime.

Juiz is still a giant mystery to me. Thought they'd focus more on her.
Mar 29, 2010 10:03 AM

Dec 2007
The movie WAS quite boring, although it did only seem to me as more of an opener for the second movie. I think what made this movie so boring though was how slowly things seemed to move.
Is it weird that I wanted Takizawa/Saki shower scene too? D:

The one thing that I found weird was the fact that Juiz had emotions over the phone. Last time I watched the series, wasn't she pretty cut throat and too the point? It also seemed like she favored certain Selecao over the others, and if I recall, she didn't usually do that. /:
Mar 29, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
Gotta say that it was actually quite amusing in the beginning, what with the misunderstandings and such : 3
And I like the OP, and if not the song itself, the awesome video, about as awesome as the OP from the original series~
Quite an extensive surveilance system btw.. Then again, considering it's a Seleção, maybe not so surprising : p
Also, was Pants alive? : O I thought he died O.O .... Or maybe he just ended up hospitalized ┐('~`;)┌
"Man he stinks." : D
And the ED was just lovely~ : D

Anyway, since I haven't watched anything good in a while (actually haven't watched much at all), I found this movie very appealing, and thus... 9/10. Am I overrating it? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 29, 2010 12:36 PM
Jul 2008
Lol´d hard, the last moment of the movie is in the opening itself.

All in all great movie, the animation and music were awesome and the talks about the Seleção and all that were really interesting, but yeah it was all a set up for the next movie.

And why dha hell didn´t number 1 blew up ALL of the Juizs?
Didn’t make sense
Mar 29, 2010 1:25 PM

Nov 2009
Well, if he eliminates all the other Juizs and has no competition, he now becomes the most powerful man.
Mar 29, 2010 2:21 PM

Dec 2007
10/10

Really liked this movie.
Mar 29, 2010 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
sakura_haruko said:

The one thing that I found weird was the fact that Juiz had emotions over the phone. Last time I watched the series, wasn't she pretty cut throat and too the point? It also seemed like she favored certain Selecao over the others, and if I recall, she didn't usually do that. /:

I was also confused about that. She seemed to really like Takizawa, Number 1, and I forgot the number, but the guy that was on the boat with the wine...XD But she was really sassy to Number 6 and even denied his requests. I thought it was weird she had attitude and favoritism.

Oosran said:

Anyway, since I haven't watched anything good in a while (actually haven't watched much at all), I found this movie very appealing, and thus... 9/10. Am I overrating it? xD

I rated it the same. I really liked it, despite it being a slow lead in to the second movie.
Mar 29, 2010 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
i was really let down by it, i was expecting it to be great but the storyline wasnt all that great, i just hope the second one will be better
Mar 29, 2010 3:54 PM
Dec 2007
"Saraba da, Higashi no Eden." Sent chivers down my spine.

It was an absolutely amazing, brilliant piece of cinema. I wonder how Prod IG and Kamiyama can achieve this kind of perfection in details honestly. It's just... unbelievable for anyone that likes cinema and art. Definitely one of the few masterpieces I watched this year, along with Shutter Island, Achilles and The Tortoise, The Prophet, Summer Wars and Tetro (yeah I know I watch a lot of movies just like Takizawa, but hey, that's also my job :)). Words can't really describe how good it was.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 29, 2010 4:31 PM

Sep 2008
You know a movie damn boring when you pause it half way through and start reading manga and then 10 minutes later forget you where even watching a movie that still paused on your computer. It was pretty but nothing worth writing home about. I hope the second movie makes up for the first movies massive short comings. 5/10
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 29, 2010 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, that was...alright.

Kinda slow but it had many moments that were great. That was the problem though. The great moments were just "moments." Like the entire beginning of Saki in NYC was fantastic but it really started to slow down. The end was letting it get good though so I hope Movie II makes it better.

7/10 for the moments that did work, the fact that we are getting a conclusion and that the ED song rocked out loud.
Mar 29, 2010 6:47 PM

Sep 2008
it was to 'light' in every aspect... :(

Wish there was a clear presence in the plot to give it part filling instead of all set up.
Mar 29, 2010 7:07 PM

Nov 2004
DeathHormone said:
I really enjoyed it, yeah it was slow paced but i didn't mind it, just wish the 2nd film was out! The trailer part confused me, perhaps the trailers carry some sort of cargo that has some connection to juiz, although to me, it looked like the trailers were carrying more missiles(but that wouldn't make sense?)

agreed, and yea, wtf was all that?
Mar 29, 2010 7:41 PM

Apr 2009
Ahhhh can't wait for next movie...
Mar 29, 2010 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
Disappointed. I love the entire story, but this just went no where until the last 10 minutes.

Seeing "The Catcher in the Rye" mentioned was a plus. :P I love that book. xD It was one of the rare books I actually read in school. =/
Mar 29, 2010 9:27 PM

Sep 2008
Aokaado said:
DeathHormone said:

Those were Juiz, they where mobile servers, each holding a Juiz for each Selecao, he tried to blow up everyone's Juiz, but his own, there for the other Selecao can't do shit and effectively cutting the head off the snake. It looks like the only people left with a Juiz is No.1 and No.09.

The reason Juiz seems different was because there was only 1 Juiz before, but they moved Juiz into different mobile servers for each Selecao, so those separate Juiz must have tailored them selves to each Selecao.
JigeroMar 29, 2010 9:31 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 29, 2010 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
Jigero said:
Aokaado said:
DeathHormone said:
Those were Juiz, they where mobile servers, each holding a Juiz for each Selecao, he tried to blow up everyone's Juiz, but his own, there for the other Selecao can't do shit and effectively cutting the head off the snake. It looks like the only people left with a Juiz is No.1 and No.09.

The reason Juiz seems different was because there was only 1 Juiz before, but they moved Juiz into different mobile servers for each Selecao, so those separate Juiz must have tailored them selves to each Selecao.
And going by that, haha tough luck being No. 6, having his own Juiz bail out on him xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Memory

DrakensbergMist - May 1, 2014

1 by xytech »»
Jul 16, 2014 9:51 AM

» detail summary eden of the east

arsh231 - Mar 29, 2010

4 by DrakensbergMist »»
May 1, 2014 12:21 AM

» What is "Vintage"?

SKDoesMAL - May 18, 2010

5 by 5layer »»
Jan 14, 2011 3:12 AM

» LEAH?

Waw - Apr 22, 2010

2 by XzaR »»
Apr 27, 2010 12:03 PM

» When will this movie be subbed? ( 1 2 )

MoeNekoDrill - Dec 6, 2009

64 by rodrigohmu »»
Apr 6, 2010 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.