3It was OK
29.0%
2Disliked it
9.0%
1Hated it
7.4%
Average 3.6
390 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2013 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, well not bad I guess. I liked the OP song and some of the themes involved. The scene where Heroine is underwater was kinda strange. I liked some of the characters' designs especially their eyes.

Well, not a bad start but not too exciting either. Well, Heroine definitely is a bit shocked by that ending. I wonder how that will progress later on.
Jan 7, 2013 7:50 AM
Mar 2012
Definitely more colorful than the game.

I wonder which character route they're going to do this adaptation, the OP hints they're probably going to merge all route together and ending this with anime original harem ending like Utapri did.

The ED also hinting (Don't open if you haven't played the game)
melina_putriJan 7, 2013 9:08 AM
Jan 7, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
I agree. I like the music (though I only liked OP, not ED). Interesting start.

Looks like the guys are either part-time workers and childhood friends. Hino-san's character looks kinder than Kakki's character. The fairy is cute. Green hair guy (Miyata-san's character?) looks like a bad guy?

No wonder she doesn't have a name because she's having amnesia since August 1. But she's too soft-spoken.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
is the romance visible?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 8:12 AM
Mar 2012
tsubasalover said:

No wonder she doesn't have a name because she's having amnesia since August 1. But she's too soft-spoken.

The heroine isn't voiced in the game. I guess Brain Base doesn't know the proper way she is supposed to talk so they made her a soft-spoken character.

DevilSexorcist said:
is the romance visible?

Not much romance in this episode, there is lots of hints about it on the OP and ED though.
melina_putriJan 7, 2013 8:39 AM
Jan 7, 2013 9:57 AM

Oct 2011
Don't think the torrent is up yet on the site I use :c
Jan 7, 2013 10:11 AM

Dec 2010
I like the song they used for the opening, but it's too bad that the animation itself is pretty meh. You'd think that the exciting parts in the opening would have some decent animation. Instead we're left staring at the heroine falling down. Reminds me of the Ao no Exorcist opening where we'd just get a sequence of Rin slowly walking in the middle of it...
Jan 7, 2013 10:19 AM
Oct 2011
no subtitles yet?
Jan 7, 2013 10:22 AM
Mar 2010
RainbowMagnet said:
but it's too bad that the animation itself is pretty meh. You'd think that the exciting parts in the opening would have some decent animation. Instead we're left staring at the heroine falling down. Reminds me of the Ao no Exorcist opening where we'd just get a sequence of Rin slowly walking in the middle of it...

You can hardly blame them actually. Female oriented anime nowadays almost never sell well. Have you seen the sales for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun or Sukitte Ii na yo? Even Kamisama Hajimemashita only sold 3k for it's first volume even when it's HEAVILY discounted.

The animation companies just want to play it safe. :/ It's unfortunate.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 7, 2013 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
jpham336 said:
no subtitles yet?

...Don't expect subtitles if it's not from Crunchyroll for like 8-12 hrs at least.
Jan 7, 2013 1:18 PM

Aug 2011
melina_putri said:

I wonder which character route they're going to do this adaptation, the OP hints they're probably going to merge all route together and ending this with anime original harem ending like Utapri did.

Lol. XD Are they really going to animate that? (I don't mind I love Tomaa~~)

Honestly, I think Ikki and Shin are the most probable candidates for the route that the anime will follow. I hope it's Shin though. I mean. I'd say Toma, but it looks like he's not 'main' enough.
Jan 7, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2009
well it isnt bad but somehow you really dont know asnything about the charas at all a lil explanations on them would have been great but i keep looking
Jan 7, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
melina_putri said:

It seems like they will take the story in that direction. I hoped that they would try and animate every characters route in a few episodes. Kinda like what they did with Amagami SS.

Hoping for Shin though. (^_^)
Jan 7, 2013 3:05 PM

May 2011
Tyrel said:
jpham336 said:
no subtitles yet?

...Don't expect subtitles if it's not from Crunchyroll for like 8-12 hrs at least.
Too bad this time it will take 23 hours from Crunchyroll.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 7, 2013 3:22 PM
Aug 2012
Was kind of hoping subs would be out by now by at least CR. I'm not even seeing raws yet ;__;
Jan 7, 2013 3:41 PM
Mar 2012
Karhu said:
Tyrel said:
jpham336 said:
no subtitles yet?

Too bad this time it will take 23 hours from Crunchyroll.

It's only about 15-16 hours from now, not 23 hours anymore.

megucas said:
Was kind of hoping subs would be out by now by at least CR. I'm not even seeing raws yet ;__;

CR simulcast is about 1 day late from the original airing AT-X channel, though it is about the same time with the airing in other TV channels today. At least it is not simulcasted about 5 days late like Hakkenden.
melina_putriJan 7, 2013 3:46 PM
Jan 7, 2013 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
melina_putri said:
tsubasalover said:

The heroine isn't voiced in the game. I guess Brain Base doesn't know the proper way she is supposed to talk so they made her a soft-spoken character.

I know that she didn't have the voice in the game. It's not that I'm not knowledgeable in otome game. I just meant that it's hard to hear what she is talking about the most of time (like myself sometimes).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2013 6:18 PM

Mar 2009
melina_putri said:

Its probably gunna be a merge of all routes like you say, though im still hoping for it to follow Ukyou's route /flails
Jan 8, 2013 3:55 AM
Jun 2008
Omg, she fainted again T_T, Did I made a wrong selection again.
Jan 8, 2013 6:38 AM
Jul 2012
Could someone tell me a place to see what I epi1? may be raw
Jan 8, 2013 7:57 AM

May 2010
pretty meh for first episode.
not much to expect from this show.
2/5
Jan 8, 2013 8:15 AM

Aug 2011
The OP is wonderful. I knew the singer sounded familiar and it's Nagi from Supercell!

I really like the character designs but as for the anime itself, it seems TOO much like a visual novel or a game. Girl wakes up, goes to work, has events happen at work, etc. Not to mention that Orion is basically like the "guide" in a lot of the games you see. Also, I'm trying not to be harsh on the Heroine since she just got her memories wiped, but right now she just seems like a placeholder for the viewer/player.
Jan 8, 2013 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
I don't think I can understand this. But despite that, I'll keep watching it... It's kinda interesting.
Jan 8, 2013 8:25 AM
Sep 2012
itsvero said:
The OP is wonderful. I knew the singer sounded familiar and it's Nagi from Supercell!

I really like the character designs but as for the anime itself, it seems TOO much like a visual novel or a game. Girl wakes up, goes to work, has events happen at work, etc. Not to mention that Orion is basically like the "guide" in a lot of the games you see. Also, I'm trying not to be harsh on the Heroine since she just got her memories wiped, but right now she just seems like a placeholder for the viewer/player.
I read a play through of the visual novel itself and the player pretty much stated that in her play through. The heroine barely talked in the vn and Orion would make comments based off what other characters would say.
Jan 8, 2013 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
eh. not wonderful but not awful. we'll see if i keep watching after episode 3
Jan 8, 2013 9:32 AM

Jun 2011
I'm watching it for the OP and ED.

Shoujo is just not my thing.

Don't like the way she talks, please put some emotion into it... (I don't need another Mashiro Shiina)

Anyone else find the fairy annoying already? = =|
Jan 8, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, opening song is amazing, Nagi never ceases to amaze me.

Clarsiso said:

Can't wait to see it.
Also hope it will not end up so horrible like UtaPri. Well Heroine there was annoying as fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2013 9:52 AM
Mar 2012
As soon as a saw it i knew it had to be from a visual novel xD Seems okay so far. Definitely like the visual aspect. Plots interesting. Did they explain why she cant tell the others she doesnt remember anything? Maybe i missed it. At least i have a new show to watch now :D
Jan 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2007
Not knowig the source material, I started watching it purely for the pretty. And in that department this series rocks. I really enjoy character designs and their clothings a lot! <3
It got nice atmosphere, although a bit convulted plot. I mean seriously? She can't tell anyone that she doesn't remember them? I hope it won't end with a pileup of various mistakes and accidents that could be simply solved by talking to people involved in them xD
Jan 8, 2013 10:16 AM
Aug 2011
Shih said:
Don't like the way she talks, please put some emotion into it... (I don't need another Mashiro Shiina)

Characters that speak like that always make me feel like the episode is 2x longer.
Jan 8, 2013 10:27 AM
Dec 2012
Seems like an interesting anime. The theme--amnesia--is interesting. I enjoyed this episode. 4/10
Jan 8, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2011
oh my ovaries~

I hate reverse-harem animes but only in them can you see some hot boys *q*

Jan 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
I really liked the OP and drawing style. Especially eyes. Well, they seem a bit strange, but it looks really nice and fits the whole theme of anime.
They didn't really introduce characters that much, but it's nice to hear well known voices ^^
As for the story, it seems a bit too slow (but well, what should we expect when the main characters has amnesia), but interesting, so I'll definitely keep on watching it~
We always think we have more time and that is the wrong way to think, because time is something we never have enough of.
---Lindy Zart, Unlit Star
Jan 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Dec 2009
Dem bishies!

Well this was nothing groundbreaking. Still seems kinda interesting, I guess.

The OP and ED are nice. I love Nagi and I like some of RAY's songs so not surprised there :)

3/5 and hopefully it gets better.
Jan 8, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
Hmm, it was okay. I do not like the heroine's voice at all. Way too soft and scared. And she seems really weak which I can at least understand for the moment because she just lost all of her memories. I am enjoying all the pretty.
Jan 8, 2013 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
I liked it;D but...i find it odd that no one calls her by her name/surname. Its very odd to name her "heroine" and obviously someone should call her by her name, and since she doesnt even remember who she is, she could have checked her ID... LOOL what a plot hole.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 8, 2013 11:04 AM
Sep 2012
maipoxx said:
As soon as a saw it i knew it had to be from a visual novel xD Seems okay so far. Definitely like the visual aspect. Plots interesting. Did they explain why she cant tell the others she doesnt remember anything? Maybe i missed it. At least i have a new show to watch now :D
Orion said she can't tell the others because then they will take her to the hospital. If she goes into the hospital, they won't be able to find out why she has amnesia, because it wasn't caused by physical or mental trauma. While in the hospital she wouldn't interact with anyone who she knew before August 1st. If she interacts with them she will regain her memories. Orion also mentioned that not interacting with everyone she forgot will cause her to forget how to drink, breathe, and some other stuff. I believe that if you actually do have amnesia, you won't forget things such as breathing and drinking.
Jan 8, 2013 11:10 AM
Sep 2011
That wasn't particularily impressive as it lacked any entertainment value for me. The pace is unreasonably slow and Orion commenting on everything what happens wasn't necessary.
EudaimoniaJan 8, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2012
I seem to be the odd one out because I really enjoyed the first episode. The OP was very good and I love the artwork. It's so beautiful to me. I'm not sure how the story will unfold, but I'm excited for the next episode

Sep 2012
Terrible anime adaptation. It feels way too "gamey" for my liking. Characters are really boring. I'm gonna drop this, it's not even worth hating.
Jan 8, 2013 11:31 AM

Mar 2011
I've to forget it, that's amnesia.
Jan 8, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
Seems really really interesting. Well, actually I just lied.

Not a big fan of harem or reverse harem anime in general but, I guess I will watch this one unless it becomes to lousy like other similar reverse harem.

Since it is Brain's Base's first reverse harem anime, I am definitely willing to give it a chance!

Btw, the OP is pretty nice.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 8, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
Damn this episode felt so slow, especially because of the 'Heroine'. Yeah, I understand she has amnesia, but why does she need to be so quiet all the time Oh yeah, should've remembered. Otome game adaptions.
I think the only good thing was dem chara designs and OP. That's all.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jan 8, 2013 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
Unimpressed said:
Orion commenting on everything what happens wasn't necessary.

This. I don't need a commentary on a show I am watching, thank you very much. Especially when it's moving at the speed of a handicapped turtle.
Jan 8, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2009
I hate this anime xD Not my style.
Because for one girl so much guys xD I'm too jealous xDDD
I am only watcging this for Orion (no, I am not paedophile). But he is cute and nice and can fly (other guys can't). And she can have him xDDD
Jan 8, 2013 12:02 PM

May 2008
Ikki's faceless fangirls are worse than the other ones

What skanks. Jealous, skanky bitches.

Jan 8, 2013 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
Well I thought this was utter shit.
Jan 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
Interesting anime and i love how colorful the theme is.
The Kent character looks more like a monster hunter than a butler.
The opening theme was awesome and the ED's Kaleidoscope effect was kinda nice as-well.
Jan 8, 2013 12:43 PM

Feb 2012
The art is pretty amazing, I give it that. The music is pretty nice as well. As for the anime itself, it's alright. Decent, I guess. The only thing that bothers me is the Heroine herself. I am not too crazy about the way she seems to speak/communicate, even if she is someone that has amnesia. Way too soft-spoken and stuttery. Well, hopefully that improves later on..
Jan 8, 2013 12:52 PM

Mar 2009
It's very nice!!! I love history and chara, my prefer is Ikki <3
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

163 by RioAl »»
Apr 19, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

207 by Ailastara »»
Feb 20, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Jan 8, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 11, 2013

116 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.