3It was OK
16.7%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.1
78 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2008 2:02 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I love the way the story unfolds...Edgar showing a coin as some proof of royalty perhaps. ONLY SAW RAW. Then Edgar is inquired by the captain of the ship and not too long after the inquisitions, he gets attacked by a group!

Appreciate RAVEN for his super powers and paranormal abilities. I don't think he is human unlike Edgar and Lydia. I PREFER the person with the black wolf! :) He looks EVIL! MUAHAHA!

I LOVE EDGAR AND LYDIA IN THIS ONE. Specifically cause Lydia proves once again that SHE IS NOT SOME BITCH FROM ANY ANIME and that she is more MODEST! :) I ALSO HAVE TO SAY that Edgar showed me HE HAS BALLS OF STEEL! Edgar compared to Hayase from anime Kurogane LineBarrels is like 100% OPPOSITE!

BTW for me I found that ED IS GAY! However for FANGIRLS....Enjoy it like CANDY! I know the girls will like this so, meh.

STORY IS GETTING INTERESTING!

HIGHLIGHTS:

HAVE FUN CHECKING OUT the map,check and letter! :)

I LOVE LYDIA IN THE OP and Lydia is modest!

LOVE THE POWERS OF RAVEN but prefer the GUY WITH THE BLACK CERBERUS!

Edgar sure has BALLS OF STEEL IN THIS EPISODE.

angel999Oct 14, 2008 7:23 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 18, 2008 8:12 PM

Nov 2006
edgar royally pisses me off. i would have left him.
Oct 18, 2008 8:49 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
windy said:
edgar royally pisses me off. i would have left him.
He said all the right damn things so that she couldn't get away. Be forceful, and then take a step back and say "Please don't abandon me!", "I need you", etc. She totally should have gotten away, but at the same time, I can see her indecision. I'd also be a little worried about that Huksley guy coming to get me, if I were her. Better the evil that you know, I suppose...

So, Raven has dark faerie blood in him, and he has sprites that Lydia can't see? Does that mean that Nico can't see them either? I suppose so. Will Lydia be able to see them before the show is over? And what happened to the faeries around Lydia we saw in the first episode, playing with the mailman? Why can't they be around to help her in instances like this, too?

Mamoru's one liner was intriguing as well. I wanna know what that demon-dog like thing was as well. More Mamoru! And actually, more Raven while you're at it ;)

I'm semi-impressed by the fact that they're trying to give Edgar (or John) this convoluted background as well... hopefully it doesn't fall flat :S

angel999 said:
ONLY SAW RAW
If you don't understand Japanese (which is obvious), don't watch the raw.
Oct 19, 2008 12:11 AM

Mar 2008
Kineta said:
angel999 said:
ONLY SAW RAW

He really wants to get the first post in, I guess.

It's hard to say how I feel about this show. I get excited at points, but then I'm forced to back off during some scenes. Especially for me, the action scenes (which weren't even animated) alienated me. It's almost hard to follow what's happening in the action scenes because it just cuts to a still frame. And I didn't quite understand Edgar's attitude at the end after waking up. He seemed to be joking, or not? Body language doesn't help because all we got was a nice shot of the roof of the house.

I still can't tell if this is headed in a romance direction or if they're planning on keeping Lydia and Edgar's relationship platonic.
Oct 19, 2008 3:26 AM

Sep 2007
Kineta said:

Mamoru's one liner was intriguing as well. I wanna know what that demon-dog like thing was as well. More Mamoru! And actually, more Raven while you're at it ;)

XD I AGREE! <3

I really loved the episode. I love the idea that Edgar has a dark past, and I want to know more about this Ermine.. o_o
Great episode.
Oct 19, 2008 5:35 AM
Aug 2008
Sheepdude said:

I still can't tell if this is headed in a romance direction or if they're planning on keeping Lydia and Edgar's relationship platonic.

The end credits show Edgar and Lydia naked, curled together, in bed.

I am just guessing here, but I think their friendship is going to get explicitly romantic.

No, wait, I'm not guessing. The ending credits show them naked, snuggled and huggled, in bed.

They're going to have a romantic relationship. Ermine is going to be a minor romantic rival, but good and sweetness and light will triumph in the end. I'm guessing when I say it's going to end up as a marriage, with Lydia in a white dress, but it would be unthinkable for the end credits to be as they are and then do a platonic friendship.

IMHO, there's been romantic tension from the second they met -- she's just a proper middle-class girl who doesn't want to allow anyone to take liberties, lest she get a reputation.
Oct 19, 2008 6:32 AM
Mar 2008
Ok, so Edgar isn't the real lord after all...or at least that's what he knows/tells Lydia now. But wouldn't that mess up all the magical triggers, etc he needs to get the sword? And if he isn't the real Lord, who is?

I hope they don't mess up the whole "Edgar has a dark past thing". I hope they come up with something plausible.

The animation was VERY static in the fighting scenes, which is a pitty.

I guess we can count on Lydia's father being abducted by Gotham and used as a tool.

Ok episode. I'll stick around for the next one :)
Oct 19, 2008 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
angel999 said:

BTW for me I found that ED IS GAY! However for FANGIRLS....Enjoy it like CANDY! I know the girls will like this so, meh.

He isnt't gay - you haven't watch ending? Or maybe it's true, maybe you have other sources... could you tell me about them? XP Or these are only your predictions? ;>

Edgar is still bishie for me, but I didn't like how he had manipulated Lydia. But now she chose to be with him (I'm not surprised - he is so sexy :P).
But I suppose she shouldn't be helping him, if he isn't real Earl of fairies, but it's shojo and it'll turn out that he really is this Earl :P So everything is fine.
Oct 19, 2008 7:30 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm so John/Edgar is a British Count of Monte Christo? Ok, I love this story, and it's quite well written too. On top of that the characters really interest me, so I'll continue with this series ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 19, 2008 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
Kineta said:

I DO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE! You guys don't know all of me! I study it for a while!

Sheepdude said:
Kineta said:
angel999 said:
ONLY SAW RAW

He really wants to get the first post in, I guess.

It's hard to say how I feel about this show. I get excited at points, but then I'm forced to back off during some scenes. Especially for me, the action scenes (which weren't even animated) alienated me. It's almost hard to follow what's happening in the action scenes because it just cuts to a still frame. And I didn't quite understand Edgar's attitude at the end after waking up. He seemed to be joking, or not? Body language doesn't help because all we got was a nice shot of the roof of the house.

NO IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FIRST POST! Don't assume things about a person. Anime, ok but person NO! I have my orders from my Japanese teacher and I do things my WAY so I study Japanese my way! So what it's not perfect, I DO GET and no one can judge that. Sure it's not 100% but are all human beings???????

Blay said:
angel999 said:

He isnt't gay - you haven't watch ending? Or maybe it's true, maybe you have other sources... could you tell me about them? XP Or these are only your predictions? ;>

Edgar is still bishie for me, but I didn't like how he had manipulated Lydia. But now she chose to be with him (I'm not surprised - he is so sexy :P).
But I suppose she shouldn't be helping him, if he isn't real Earl of fairies, but it's shojo and it'll turn out that he really is this Earl :P So everything is fine.

HELLO? HELLO? I was talking about the ED being gay cause the way they show it. That's all. In other words the art form to me looks gay!
angel999Oct 19, 2008 8:28 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 19, 2008 8:48 AM

Jun 2008
angel999 said:

yeah it's.
Oct 19, 2008 9:00 AM

Apr 2008
I'm truly loving the story ^^ I actually like Edgar quite a lot, he manipulates people so easily and can appear to be whatever he wants to, from a Lord to an assassin. I find his personality very interesting indeed.
Raven's power was sooo cool!
Oct 19, 2008 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
Miyano is like in every series this season... (well, like the previous 2-3 seasons, I guess >_>)

ep was ok. I love Raven <3

Oct 19, 2008 10:30 AM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
I have my orders from my Japanese teacher and I do things my WAY so I study Japanese my way!

Must suck for your teacher then if you're wanting to learn Japanese 'your way.' What are you taking that class for then?

I kind of have mixed feelings about this show too. Some parts are just really cliche (but it's something I can gloss over for this show for some reason) and some parts I just find really exciting. Plus, I also like the setting <3
Oct 19, 2008 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
A pretty good episode. The last few minutes really saved it from just being ok. I don't really trust Edgar as a character, and therefore makes me loose respect for Lydia as she just accepts every shady action and explaination coming from him. However I was happy to see Raven given a stronger characterization than just the silent, obedient butler. I rather like Raven much more for Lydia than Edgar, or John, or whatever his name is supposed to be.
Oct 19, 2008 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
angel999 said:

Blay said:
angel999 said:

HELLO? HELLO? I was talking about the ED being gay cause the way they show it. That's all. In other words the art form to me looks gay!

OMG, sorry xDDDDDDDDDD
Oct 19, 2008 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
Edgar is such a bitch! I mean "I'm gonna kill myself" is such a girly blackmail. If a guy told me something like that I would laugh my ass off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2008 11:53 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
this series is headed in a good direction....

please don't start fighting with others, angel999....XD...I just got used to your CAPITAL writing style lol...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 19, 2008 1:39 PM

Jul 2008
Iriya said:
angel999 said:
I have my orders from my Japanese teacher and I do things my WAY so I study Japanese my way!

Must suck for your teacher then if you're wanting to learn Japanese 'your way.' What are you taking that class for then?

I kind of have mixed feelings about this show too. Some parts are just really cliche (but it's something I can gloss over for this show for some reason) and some parts I just find really exciting. Plus, I also like the setting <3

About my classes all IS SELF STUDY+ my sensei is free so I am lucky.
Oct 19, 2008 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
IM STARTING TO LOVE THIS MORE AND MORE AND MORE!!! OMGOSHHH!!!!!! EDGAR IS SOOOO AWESOME!! especially when i now know that edgar is a proper good person in the end (YAY COS HES SOOO HOT) and then AWESOME FIGHT SCENES!! his butlers amazing :D
ahhhh edgar saved lydia!!!! yay!!!!! *fan girl screams some more*
damn i also love their relationship, the playful edgar, and the lydia who falls for it all, but puts a stop to it when needed (making me wish it even more lol) and the last scene as well!!! heheheeee~~~~i want more~~
ahhh loving itttttt

ahhhh THE ENDING ALL THE BISHIE GUYS ARE HALF NUDE!! *GIRL SCREAM VERY VERY LOUD* AND THE LAST PICTURE OF THEM TWO NUDE TOGETHER IN A BED SLEEPING!!! HOW MUCH MORE HOT CAN THIS GET?!?!?!??!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sugarplumfairyOct 19, 2008 1:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2008 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
ahem, excuse my past post, i think i got a bit too high/excited from the bishies (esp edgar x lydia pic).....hehehe~~
Oct 19, 2008 3:18 PM
Dec 2007
Mamoru said a line! 8D *faints*

But I like where this is headed, though I am a tad confused. I'm still trying to process the brain swap humble-chumble.

And the ED is, simply put, sexy. Loved the very end of it where Edgar and Lydia are holding eachother, too.
Oct 19, 2008 7:17 PM
Nov 2007
I'm still a little neutral. I love the plot and the art doesn't bother me, but the girl doesn't have much personality. I did really like Nico giving her the fairy medicine to put Edgar to sleep. It's a little more interesting if she's got some magic of her own, or at least a fairy helping her take control here and there. I'm hoping they do more with that.
Oct 19, 2008 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
why does lydia still trust in edgar?

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Oct 19, 2008 10:08 PM
Oct 2008
Good show its starting to pick up learning about the back story on edgar was interesting the tough times that he has had, it should be a good show but it needs to pick up if it is to be one of the best of the fall
Oct 19, 2008 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
I take back stuff I said in episode about Edgar, I saw subs and if I KNEW HIS SITUATION EXACTLY I would not have not judged so much. Damn, sick fucks! They accuse his father to the point where he kills his own family and himself. SCREW ALL THESE BAD GUYS that did harm to his family!

That means the stupid guy who wanted him dead and branded his tongue with a cross shape.

That means the doctor who wanted his brain.

That means those who try to slave him.

Edgar..........I really hope he can MARRY LYDIA! Together THEY LOOK GOOD!

CURIOUS----------->How much is 500 pounds of that time EQUAL TO USA $$$?????
Oct 20, 2008 1:32 PM

Apr 2008
This show is worth only for the bishies XD
(the ED, with naked bishes is sooo hot *__*)

Oct 20, 2008 3:03 PM

Nov 2007
why is it that in every anime ep discussion i check out people are dissin on angel999?but yeah,the need to point out "only saw RAW(in caps) didn't get much" is a bi annoying after a while
Oct 20, 2008 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
OH MY GOSH LOL @ EDGAR THINKING THAT LYDIA WANTED TO KISS HIM! Oh my gosh he is SOO my favorite character in this series by far! I knew someone that looked like Tamaki would be awesome! :D Wooow Raven is bad ass yo and not to mention good looking. =D
HEY!
Oct 20, 2008 6:43 PM

Jun 2007
Another exciting episiode for me :D
Raven <33333
Faust87 said:
This show is worth only for the bishies XD
(the ED, with naked bishes is sooo hot *__*)

yeah but the song sucks
Oct 20, 2008 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:

Around $850? Ish.

Seems like a pretty straightforward show, though tbh I'm only in it for the pretty people. With the way the storyline's heading, it could get fabulous very fast or it could flop, very fast. The story's interesting though, so I like it.
And when I first saw the ED, I'm pretty sure I exclaimed, 'TAMAKI!' in my head before remembering which show I was watching. :)
Oct 21, 2008 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
mixtapehaven said:
angel999 said:

Around $850? Ish.

Seems like a pretty straightforward show, though tbh I'm only in it for the pretty people. With the way the storyline's heading, it could get fabulous very fast or it could flop, very fast. The story's interesting though, so I like it.
And when I first saw the ED, I'm pretty sure I exclaimed, 'TAMAKI!' in my head before remembering which show I was watching. :)

850$??? I would take more like 5000$ LOL! For all you know that is trip might be death so yeah BIG RISK=$$$ but I think that Lydia is doing this more for Edgar than money.
Oct 21, 2008 11:42 AM

May 2008
I facepalm whenever I see Edgar striking a pose with sparkles dancing all around him. At least they got rid off that 'cling' sound that followed any Edgar’s pose.

Everything is so over-the-top and so damn fake it makes my eyes bleed with its still animation. And don't forget Lydia, who's naive marry sue.

Despite all of that, I can't stop watching it (I have the same problem with vampire knight). I blame it on the fact that Tomokazu Sugita (lol, Gintoki) is voicing Raven (fucking fabulous) and I admit that I squeeled like a damn fangirl when I heard Mamoru Miyano speaking in his evil, cocky Light's voice.

And is just me or the ED video looked like it was taken from some kind of BL/yaoi anime? Not that I have anything aginst it, when I'm a fan of this genre myself. Excluding the tease shot of EdgarxLydia it certainly looked like it.

tl;dr damn you shoujo...and I'm still drooling over almost naked Raven
DieInHellOct 21, 2008 11:48 AM
Oct 21, 2008 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
looks awesome so far, hope that next episodes will be just as interesting.
Edgar's so cute ^_^

Oct 21, 2008 4:32 PM

Oct 2007
this episode was prety fun. when lydia had the monolouges about the eyes it seemed so obvious that this show is based off a book haha.
but raven kicked ass.

and i cant wait to see more ulyssees!
Oct 23, 2008 7:31 AM

Jan 2008
This anime isn't that bad very likable in the op I thugh Edgar had a beast also T_T maybe I just watched it wrong oh well 5/5 anime
Oct 24, 2008 8:13 AM
May 2008
sanjica said:
Edgar is such a bitch! I mean "I'm gonna kill myself" is such a girly blackmail. If a guy told me something like that I would laugh my ass off.

i kinda agree. i for once did not like Edgar that much (yet).
and Lydia should have known better to let him suck on her kindness.
Oct 25, 2008 6:50 AM

Mar 2008
mizrock said:
sanjica said:

i kinda agree. i for once did not like Edgar that much (yet).
and Lydia should have known better to let him suck on her kindness.

tht was a bit cheesey/overdramatic reaction i haveto admit....
but i thought it was quite cute how into her/needed her he was
Oct 31, 2008 7:46 PM

Oct 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
IM STARTING TO LOVE THIS MORE AND MORE AND MORE!!! OMGOSHHH!!!!!! EDGAR IS SOOOO AWESOME!! especially when i now know that edgar is a proper good person in the end (YAY COS HES SOOO HOT) and then AWESOME FIGHT SCENES!! his butlers amazing :D
ahhhh edgar saved lydia!!!! yay!!!!! *fan girl screams some more*
damn i also love their relationship, the playful edgar, and the lydia who falls for it all, but puts a stop to it when needed (making me wish it even more lol) and the last scene as well!!! heheheeee~~~~i want more~~
ahhh loving itttttt

ahhhh THE ENDING ALL THE BISHIE GUYS ARE HALF NUDE!! *GIRL SCREAM VERY VERY LOUD* AND THE LAST PICTURE OF THEM TWO NUDE TOGETHER IN A BED SLEEPING!!! HOW MUCH MORE HOT CAN THIS GET?!?!?!??!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wahaha. I have to agree!! hot bishies. half naked. ~nyahhh

"Lelouch...Do you know why the snow is white?...Because it forgot what colour it was" ~C.C

Nov 7, 2008 9:04 AM

Feb 2008
Edgar is like an evil version of Tamaki Suoh.
Dec 1, 2008 8:42 AM
Nov 2008
omg..drool over bishies..edgar is hawt..mamoru's voice= hawt...oh and..the anime is cool..^_^
Dec 4, 2008 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
haha.. i like edgar and lydia.. oh and i also like raven.. haha
Apr 19, 2009 2:17 AM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
A pretty good episode. The last few minutes really saved it from just being ok. I don't really trust Edgar as a character, and therefore makes me loose respect for Lydia as she just accepts every shady action and explaination coming from him. However I was happy to see Raven given a stronger characterization than just the silent, obedient butler. I rather like Raven much more for Lydia than Edgar, or John, or whatever his name is supposed to be.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. :]

I'd say a lot more but I'm way out of it.
Dec 15, 2009 1:48 AM

Dec 2008
Just as I thought, I'm the only who's confused about Edgar's past <_< dargh! I don't understand what he meant by fake name. His first name was Edgar and now he's using the name of Lord Edgar?? @__@ and that Lord Edgar is related to the Earl...o.O *twitch*
After watching ep 3, when I thought I understand, I still don't. I'm hopeless...Hope it'll be clearer for me later.

Anyway, why are some of you discontented over the ED? XD...*drools* It's awesome! That's what I call fan service (= 3=) Haven't warm up to the ED song but totally ogling over the pretty pictures behind it XD wheeee~ Wish more shoujo have this fufufu >D
Jul 10, 2010 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
.. The ending is lame ...
Jan 30, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
ureshii_xD said:
Just as I thought, I'm the only who's confused about Edgar's past <_< dargh! I don't understand what he meant by fake name. His first name was Edgar and now he's using the name of Lord Edgar?? @__@ and that Lord Edgar is related to the Earl...o.O *twitch*
After watching ep 3, when I thought I understand, I still don't. I'm hopeless...Hope it'll be clearer for me later.

i don't get his past that much either....but i think hemeans thet Edgar was his real name...
but after what happened to his family and being a sleve lost his name and title...
and when he sasy ;ord Edgar is cuz he's pretending that he's a Loed..
Jan 31, 2011 7:31 AM

Feb 2010
"The larcenist you're talking about in London is the one who killed a hundred people in America, correct?"
Isn't Edgar the larcenist? Hehe mysterious, evil criminal

The way Raven flew to save his master from getting wet is a big lol haha
He's so faithful. And the way he fights with his green left eye glowing and using only a dagger was so cool

About the ending... I only like the part when Nico sleeps that's all. The others made me embarassed~ O.o
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jul 6, 2011 6:47 PM

Jun 2009
This is just charming <3
May 24, 2012 8:27 PM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one who keeps looking at their ears? O.o
Feb 1, 2014 7:33 AM
Jun 2013
I really love the way edgar teases lydia >.<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 6 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

31 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 4, 2008

35 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 31, 2008

41 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:07 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yosei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sheepdude - Sep 29, 2008

90 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:49 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 9 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 4, 2008

32 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 5, 2023 1:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.