3It was OK
19.2%
2Disliked it
15.2%
1Hated it
6.1%
Average 3.7
99 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2020 12:29 AM

Sep 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Of course it won't all be sunshines and rainbows. Just as everyone earns their freedom a demon invades Grace Field House and tries to kill Emma but Isabella gets get stabbed in her place. She's probably going to die but hey, she finally redeemed herself my saving our MC.
May 8, 2020 3:11 AM

Jun 2016
No leuwis he is best character in this series

Isabella dies oh well it redemption equal death for her.
Quo

May 8, 2020 6:39 AM

Jul 2015
I like the way Isabella's death was executed. At first I thought she'd be the villain and die in the end, but turns out that after the kids' escape she was already a changed person. The outcome after Peter's death and Ray's speech made me believe Isabella would get to live and see the human world. But now that she was suddenly killed off it caught me off-guard.

I like the twist, wasn't expecting it.

Now we need Ray's emotional moment, and after that the reward, Norman's sickness, and what conversation did Andrew have with Phil.
May 10, 2020 10:34 AM

Jul 2012
Everything was going too well.... We'll see what the kids will do after this, looks like a final battle.
We haven't had much focus on Ray but now is definitely a great time for it.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
May 10, 2020 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
Remember when this manga actually had purpose? I honestly don’t even think it’s the same person writing anymore. It’s such a far cry from the first arc. It’s devoid of everything that made me and so many others fall in love with it.

Isabella’s death feels so forced and predictable like they just wanted to meet a quota or something. Next chapter she’ll say she had to die for her sins or something cliche along those lines.

I’m just reading for the promise at this point, stop blue balling us and just tell us.
May 10, 2020 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder if someone sees her death as a surprise? I called it months ago. I also think Norman is not gonna make it, Emma 50/50, depends on the promise.
If someone like Rey or Phil died, then yeah, it would be very unexpected, but Isabella?
Come on, the most cliche death ever.
May 10, 2020 11:51 AM

Oct 2017
There was no way all demons would’ve accepted the abolishment of farms.

I kinda expected Isabella dying at some point but good chapter nonetheless.
May 10, 2020 11:52 AM

Dec 2019
I got a bit too complacent when realising the manga was ending, I thought maybe it truly could be all happy, but this chapter brought me back to realising what manga I was actually reading. RIP Isabella. 5/5
May 10, 2020 1:58 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Happy Mother's Day... you'd almost wonder if this was planned.
May 10, 2020 2:06 PM

Nov 2018
Well didn't expect that but well done.

May 10, 2020 3:28 PM

Feb 2020
im crying

i knew the latest chapters were getting too positive but i refused to believe it.. i have no words. isabella protected emma when she jumped i cried so much.

just when isabella finally had a glimpse of freedom after all those hard years it ends like this hhh :(

anyways, happy mother's day isabella lol <3
May 10, 2020 4:18 PM

Jul 2019
lmao just when everything was getting better for everyone. someone had to get hurt
May 10, 2020 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
Man this manga has really fallen from the grace it once had. What's the point in killing Isabella off if she basically already redeemed herself along with the other mamas? This just seems like the author needed to kill her off just to try and salvage the suspenseful and dreadful tone of the manga that has long since dissolved.
May 10, 2020 6:27 PM
Mar 2015
Mom gives her life for her farm
May 10, 2020 6:55 PM

Mar 2016
Why? I was happy to see Phil and Emma's reunion, and then that last page... Damn.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
Of course there has to be one final "twist"
May 10, 2020 8:26 PM

Mar 2019
The reunion felt flat because of the massive quality drop off since we last saw Phil, but I was sort of okay with this chapter until they pulled that contrived nonsense at the end for its return on Mother's Day.
May 10, 2020 11:31 PM

Mar 2015
i mean, the last chapter is too smooth to be true.

but dropping all defense still a nonsense, lOl.

but hey, still better.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 11, 2020 2:53 AM

Jun 2016
I stick with this series for lewis, Mujika and Sonju now. Three demons are fun and entertaining to watch

I have completely lose interest in Ray and Emma.

Though I say in terms of characters Norman is the best. He is the most well written out of three. Out three he is the best

Emma is generic goody two shoes who is so lame and Ray is a Emma Yes man with no personality he is the worst out of three. I don t care about Ray anymore he is lame and have no personality anymore all he has is his Yes man personality.

I don t get hype about phil he hasn t done anything impactful and I barely remember him. Don t get why people like this guy. Clearly I don t care

Isabella death was suprising I expect her to live but I guess deaths is the way for her to atone

Now can wait too see the promise. I want too see Mujika and Sonju questioning Lewis motives and goals for helping them and becoming good guy.
DemonDarknightMay 11, 2020 3:02 AM

May 11, 2020 5:08 AM
Mar 2019
That ending? I'm done. Interactions with Phil were wholesome tho.
May 11, 2020 6:25 AM
Jan 2016
ricksed said:
Happy Mother's Day... you'd almost wonder if this was planned.

I didn’t think about that. Good eye.

(But also, if it was timed, then ouch)
May 11, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2014
Where the fuck did that demon come from? What about Ray's gun and all the guards? BS forced drama and plot convenience.
Updated my journal
May 11, 2020 1:49 PM

Jun 2017
Realhumanbean said:
Where the fuck did that demon come from? What about Ray's gun and all the guards? BS forced drama and plot convenience.

In before the theories about Phil being the secret mastermind behind everything will turn out to be true. :D
May 11, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2014
This feels so shallow.
May 12, 2020 3:25 AM

Oct 2017
Ye ofc Isabella has to die, so cliche.
May 12, 2020 4:40 AM

Sep 2015
Marinate1016 said:
Remember when this manga actually had purpose? I honestly don’t even think it’s the same person writing anymore. It’s such a far cry from the first arc. It’s devoid of everything that made me and so many others fall in love with it.

Isabella’s death feels so forced and predictable like they just wanted to meet a quota or something. Next chapter she’ll say she had to die for her sins or something cliche along those lines.

I’m just reading for the promise at this point, stop blue balling us and just tell us.

I agree that it is not that good compared to its early days, but I don't think it is that bad as you are trying to make it sound. Last couple of chapters were good in my opinion.
May 12, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
This was so out of nowhere and i'm not sure if I like this development. It seems kind of forced... Phil reunion was great tho.
May 12, 2020 1:07 PM

Aug 2019
I remembered Kushina and Minato when I read the last page, I mean it's the same thing Isabella did.
May 12, 2020 3:58 PM
Mar 2018
No!!! I don' t want her to die!!!!
May 14, 2020 3:14 AM

Nov 2015
IsaBYElla

ok I'm out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2016
It was a solid chapter, but too much went wrong to feel the reunion and neither the final(I hope it's the last one) twist got an emotional response from me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2020 2:38 PM
Aug 2019
I feel like this series is getting too much hate. Yes the first arc was masterfully written and it drew many people in. But it's still been fantastic since, they weren't about to just redo the first arc over and over. I think the writing has still been solid, and i think the characters are still great. If you think it's too cliche then go read something else, because something being cliche shouldn't matter so long as it is done interestingly and fits the story. Just annoying seeing all these people complaining with no interesting perspective, just wanna complain cuz the series isn't exactly what they wanted it to be *sigh*
May 15, 2020 4:47 AM

Jul 2015
Weeklytoaster said:
I feel like this series is getting too much hate. Yes the first arc was masterfully written and it drew many people in. But it's still been fantastic since, they weren't about to just redo the first arc over and over. I think the writing has still been solid, and i think the characters are still great. If you think it's too cliche then go read something else, because something being cliche shouldn't matter so long as it is done interestingly and fits the story. Just annoying seeing all these people complaining with no interesting perspective, just wanna complain cuz the series isn't exactly what they wanted it to be *sigh*

Yes!! Exactly. I feel the same everytime I enter this forum. Just because smth isn't what people wanted, doesn't mean it sucks. It had some downsides but it's nowhere near terrible flaws, and some aspects people complain about are just because the series isn't gritty enough as they want to.

I personally never thought the first arc was the masterpiece people are saying it was. It was a well written arc, sure, but it wasn't as exciting as GP. Plus, even at the first arc tpn felt juvenile to me. It never seemed like a gritty or realistic series.

So yeah, totally agree with you. Last arc had amazing moments as well.
May 20, 2020 5:47 AM

May 2016
Even though I didn't like the previous chapter at all because of how Leuvis suddenly solved all of the Demon World's problems one after another, I actually liked this happy chapter because it showed the payoff of the main trio's actual efforts. That moment at the end definitely killed the mood though.

Isabella was definitely going to die somehow but dying by the hands of that Overseer Demon that popped out of nowhere despite the whole area being surrounded by armed kids was more frustrating than sad which was very unfortunate. Nonetheless, she was a good character and she was able to have her redemption before she met her end so that's good.

Jun 3, 2020 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
You should be aware that everyone is entitled to their opinion so I just find it absurd when someone says "If you don't like it, go watch something else." This is a forum for crying out loud! There is always positive and negative assessments for the anime that's been discussed! At least these people are not fake to express their feelings just the way it is! You don't tell people what to do because this forum is open for everyone! I don't think I can stomach a thread were everyone just only say positive criticism just to avoid being told "go watch something else!"

I don't think Isabella is a big loss in my opinion. She died a heroine and that's the kind of death anyone would've wanted. Too bad she didn't get to live to see the human world. But it's still the best way to redeem herself! I'm relieved it wasn't Norman that's been stabbed. For a second there I really thought it was him!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 4, 2020 5:58 PM

Mar 2019
Isabella survives this. /s I have no idea, maybe she does. Next chapter.
Aug 14, 2020 12:35 PM

Jan 2017
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO
she deserves it so much !!!!!! she deserves to be finally free!! so much tension, so much pain, so many restrictions placed on her and the other moms for so so long and NOW???
Aug 19, 2022 6:35 PM
Jun 2022
AGJFRHBNSDH I LOVED THE REUNION BUT WHY TH DOES THAT DAM DEMON HAVE TO RUIN IT?!?!?!
Aug 30, 2023 7:59 PM
Jul 2017
isabella sacrificing herself should be a top moment, but after all the disappointment this fell FLAT

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

44 by Dii8 »»
Jul 11, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 181 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ya_hallo - Jun 12, 2020

174 by SimplyHanako »»
Jul 10, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

13 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 111 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2018

29 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 110 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

16 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.