3It was OK
8.1%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
3.5%
Average 4.4
258 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 13, 2015 3:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Back to the regular fighting again.

I thin animation quality improved somewhat during the fight as Naruto took on Madara. Some classic OST used for the episode as well. Welp, Sasuke's Rinnegan is also revealed.

So yeah, bunch of action this episode. I guess this one was worth waiting for especially with that cliffhanger now.

Aug 13, 2015 4:31 AM
Nov 2011
Bitch had one job and that is just to stab obito's eye and she can't do it. Most useless character in the Naruto series.
Aug 13, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
Holy fuck, 10/10 episode, my blind blew all over the place. That fight was fucking brutal. Can't wait for another weak.
Aug 13, 2015 5:00 AM

Feb 2012
Lmaoo how you gonna steal a man's eye in mid air.

Those eye transplanting techniques were always hilarious.
Aug 13, 2015 5:05 AM

Oct 2014
I admit I found it funny how Kakashi easily lost his eye ..but considering Madara speed it might be possible ? :P
Sakura is the no.1 hated character of all times why even debate over it ?
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 13, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2007
Finally, this is the moment i been waiting for. Finally get to see naruto and sasuke totally kick ass. The new powers that naruto used actually look cooler in the anime, then in the manga.

Though the animation still leaves alot to be desired. The next episode is going to be quite interesting, the "BIG" twist is coming.

and... I REALLY hope this is some one's idea of a bad joke!

"The Infinite Tsukuyomi"
"Mugen Tsukuyomi" (無限月読) August 27, 2015 TBA
427 "Road To Tenten - Into the Dream World"
"ROAD TO TENTEN ~Yume no Sekai~" (ROAD TO TENTEN ~夢の世界~) September 3, 2015 TBA
428 "Road To Tenten - Into the Dream World"
429 "Killer Bee's Rap Chronicles: Scroll of Heaven"
"Kirabi Rappūden - Ten no Maki" (キラービー落風伝・天の

So there going to use the Infinite tsukoyomi as an excuse to add more fillers? Are you fucking kidding me!
ArtimesGamerAug 13, 2015 5:23 AM

Aug 13, 2015 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
hallonet said:
All these new convoluted abillities just seem lame as fuck to me... And so much for Guy being the autumn leaf giving nutrients to the green leaf. His speech seems rather stupid and embarrasing now. Should have just let him die.

How are they convoluted?

Not really, the resolve was there to die. Him dying wouldn't accomplish anything thematically or otherwise.
Aug 13, 2015 5:39 AM
Oct 2013
link9us said:
Finally, this is the moment i been waiting for. Finally get to see naruto and sasuke totally kick ass. The new powers that naruto used actually look cooler in the anime, then in the manga.

Though the animation still leaves alot to be desired. The next episode is going to be quite interesting, the "BIG" twist is coming.

and... I REALLY hope this is some one's idea of a bad joke!

"The Infinite Tsukuyomi"
"Mugen Tsukuyomi" (無限月読) August 27, 2015 TBA
427 "Road To Tenten - Into the Dream World"
428 "Road To Tenten - Into the Dream World"
429 "Killer Bee's Rap Chronicles: Scroll of Heaven"
"Kirabi Rappūden - Ten no Maki" (キラービー落風伝・天の

So there going to use the Infinite tsukoyomi as an excuse to add more fillers? Are you fucking kidding me!

Welp, if it ends up being half a year of filler, I... I don't even know anymore! It seems they're sticking to the "two canon episodes and then filler galore" setup... at this rate this wont even be done next year -.-
Aug 13, 2015 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
hallonet said:
It doesnt give nearly as much of an impact if they just save him. Could have been a touching moment with lee and all that. But instead we get this lame cop out with naruto being a fucking Deus ex machina.

The emotional moment already passed when he went through and opened the gates, with Lee and Kakashi. I don't see any impact from his death.

Sorry to disappoint you but Naruto's Yang seal isn't a deus ex machina
http://i.imgur.com/ygLsgdY.png
Aug 13, 2015 5:54 AM

Jan 2013
"I can do all sorts of things now :^) " -Naruto

Nice. Go ahead and do the things. Sounds exciting. Just make it up as you go along. Such is the nature of long fighting shonen.
Aug 13, 2015 5:59 AM
Oct 2013
The lava rasenshuriken looked really... odd to me. Didn't really fit with everything else. The other moves were alright. The black chidori looked really cool here.

Hope they animate the rest of the fight decently, but I guess it's asking too much.

Is it bad that I counted 7 out of 31 episodes so far this year are canon? Keep in mind it's 5 full episodes and 2 halves.
Aug 13, 2015 6:01 AM

Jul 2007
Its unbelievable, i can't believe what the studio has done to this series, they have ruined it in every way possible and normally i am not to negative when it comes to this, but it has to be said, the ending really sucks. This has to be the worst finale ive seen thus far, poor choice of music, terrible animation, deformed character models and fillers in between every 2 canon episodes completely shatters the pacing and the tension leading to the climax.

I am going to be dropping my score probably two ranks because of this, this is just unacceptable. Even when the 2nd day of the war began, it wasn't as great as the pains arc (aside from a few deformed faces) but never-less it still had some pretty decent action set pieces. (Naruto's shinobie alliance jutsu), 10 tails monstrous power, Kakashi Vs Obito, The battle against Obito during the unmasking event, just to name a few... Now its like watching a childrens color book that some 12 year old kid drew.

My only hope and i mean my only hope is that Cyberconnect comes out with something more special with there storm 4 game. lol can't believe im saying this, but i much rather play the game and experience the finale of the naruto story line, then watch this crap.
ArtimesGamerAug 13, 2015 6:11 AM

Aug 13, 2015 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
hallonet said:
tsudecimo said:
Sorry to disappoint you but Naruto's Yang seal isn't a deus ex machina
http://i.imgur.com/ygLsgdY.png

if that isnt a Desus ex machina abillity then i dont know what is. An abillity to breath life into inanimate things and turn your imagination to reality is the fucking definition of a deus ex machina abillity. Its the power of a god.

If you are going to accuse a plot point of something, why not research the meaning of the term?

The term has evolved to mean a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object. Depending on how it is done, it can be intended to move the story forward when the writer has "painted himself into a corner" and sees no other way out, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or as a comedic device.

The power of the sage seals have been mentioned more than 100 chapters before he came into involvement with the war. He passed down his Yang seal to Naruto and his Yin seal to Sasuke. Naruto used the power of the Yang seal. There is nothing sudden, unexpected about this. Naruto and Sasuke relation to the sage himself was also foreshadowed.

If something is foreshadowed it's impossible for it to be a deus ex machina.
tsudecimoAug 13, 2015 6:13 AM
Aug 13, 2015 6:15 AM
Oct 2013
link9us said:
Its unbelievable, i can't believe what the studio has done to this series, they have ruined it in every way possible and normally i am not to negative when it comes to this, but it has to be said, the ending really sucks. This has to be the worst finale ive seen thus far, poor choice of music, terrible animation, deformed character models and fillers in between every 2 canon episodes completely shatters the pacing and the tension leading to the climax.

I am going to be dropping my score probably two ranks because of this, this is just unacceptable. Even when the 2nd day of the war began, it wasn't as great as the pains arc (aside from a few deformed faces) but never-less it still had some pretty decent action set pieces. (Naruto's shinobie alliance jutsu), 10 tails monstrous power, Kakashi Vs Obito, The battle against Obito during the unmasking event, just to name a few... Now its like watching a childrens color book that some 12 year old kid drew.

My only hope and i mean my only hope is that Cyberconnect comes out with something more special with there storm 4 game. lol can't believe im saying this, but i much rather play the game and experience the finale of the naruto story line, then watch this crap.

I am also normally tolerable of the filler, animation and all that. Normally for the end of an anime, they would up the budget for a good conclusion, but it has clearly dropped. The filler is the death of me. I prefer when they did it inbetween arcs, not in the middle of an arc (pretty much the last one at that).

I'm gonna leave it here because I could talk about this all night -.-
Aug 13, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2014
What is wrong with you guys? The animation is still that of filler level. I don't know about you guys but that lava rasengan looked weird as hell. The giant red circle in b/w looked like a terrible image of sun in 3D. What about the naruto's entrance and when he got new powers? It was dull and plain boring, there was no proper use of OST with that scene.

-Seriously, Bleach had far great animation than this during the last arc. It was done by same studio.
Aug 13, 2015 6:19 AM

Jul 2014
Despite the derp moments and animation, I loved this episode. I really wish it had better animation and directing because some scenes were just lol.

Still, it was bloody awesome.
Aug 13, 2015 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
dat goddamn cliffhanger! I even watched the preview just to be sure that next episode's gonna be canon and not another filler and thank God it is canon.
Aug 13, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2014
Please someone write a letter to studio perriort. I mean, they have already made enough money and milked this series by adding fillers arc and filler episodes after 2-3 canon episode. They should put at least some decent quality to the last chapter of the naruto.

-First, Toei animation ruined Dragon Ball Super and now this.

[spoiler][/spoiler

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag for large picture.
MasterTengkorakAug 13, 2015 9:51 AM
Aug 13, 2015 6:40 AM

Dec 2013
link9us said:

Harsh but the truth is harsh sometimes
Aug 13, 2015 6:41 AM
Feb 2013
I thought this episode was pretty good, I just hope there won't be anymore fillers after those tenten episodes.
I also think Naruto looks really badass, especially with Minato's Kunai, I wonder if he will use it as well(btw where is Minato, I forgot because of all the fillers...). Together with his sage outfit(in the pain arc) this looks just as good in my opinion, maybe even better.

I thought the animation was pretty good this time, but the part where Madara just grabbed Kakashi's eye was very disappointing. If Madara could steal his eye that easy he could've just as easily killed him right there. I get Kakashi is weakened but wouldn't he keep an eye(no pun intended) on the battle where Madara, Naruto and Sasuke are?
Aug 13, 2015 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
YOU GET CHEAT POWERS, YOU GET CHEAT POWERS..

seriously the sudden surges in power...

that said i enjoyed the episode, BUT FFS SAKURA

PLS no more filler
Aug 13, 2015 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
Just loved this episode had some action in it! But that cliff hanger thou I legit raged when it popped up with the ending xD Also was waiting for this moment for a while now

Aug 13, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
Rufeegee said:

I also think Naruto looks really badass, especially with Minato's Kunai,

Agreed. It's my second favorite Naruto outfit/look after Sage mode.

https://i.imgur.com/bA45JJZ.png
<3

Rufeegee said:
If Madara could steal his eye that easy he could've just as easily killed him right there. I get Kakashi is weakened but wouldn't he keep an eye(no pun intended) on the battle where Madara, Naruto and Sasuke are?

Kakashi is not his priority nor does he want to kill all of them, he also was in a hurry to retrieve the eye from Obito.. He is focusing on Naruto and Sasuke because they can stop his Infinite Tskuyomi plan, the rest don't really matter.
tsudecimoAug 13, 2015 6:56 AM
Aug 13, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, what an intense action episode! Naruto's and Sasuke's new powers are escalating but they are quite interesting.
Aug 13, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2014
I love Naruto & Sasuke's new powers, wish this fight lasted longer. Madara stealing Kakashi's eye wasn't mean to be funny but damn.
Aug 13, 2015 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
Yay it's the beginning of the end for Naruto, first up NaruJesus saving Guy Sensei in the most bullshit way possible. Let's forget the fact that the whole series has stated that one will die no matter what if the 8th gate is open.

And even if there was "foreshadowing" which it isn't it's poor writing, it's lore breaking and Naruto should have no idea how to use the new powers, remember when this series was about hard work and not having anything handed to you with NO destiny BS involved?

And it only gets worse from here. Oh yea and Naruto lived after having his Bijuu extracted without anyone's life being sacrificed.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 13, 2015 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
The animation was by far the best animation in this arc.The fight was good too and smooth.But the ost is very overused they should compose something new like seriously its just annoying to hear the same ost every time a battle occurs (which is liek 90% of this arc) last gripe i had about this ep was sakura...oh that bitch.Can't you do one simple thing.You useless little piece of shit...i wish kishi kills this useless bitchy hag somehow....liek all she had to do was PUT IT IN liek JUST DO IT....DON'T THINK ABOUT IT JUST DO IT....DO IT......FUUUUUUUU DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 13, 2015 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
The director likes to emphasis certain things, I appreciate that. Liked the tag team from Naruto and Sasuke that was nice.

Different section of the war seem to have different art quality (Sasuke's group, terrible. Madara's place average. And Obito's Kamui dimension, good)

4/5
Aug 13, 2015 8:42 AM

Feb 2015
Lots of asspull abilities, but still a good ep
Aug 13, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
JonasDaJay said:
Lots of asspull abilities

Like what?
Aug 13, 2015 8:55 AM

Feb 2015
tsudecimo said:
JonasDaJay said:

Like what?

You my friend bruh,but really....what asspulls ?
Aug 13, 2015 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
thekiller99 said:
Bitch had one job and that is just to stab obito's eye and she can't do it. Most useless character in the Naruto series.

And her fandom wonder, why, others hate her

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Aug 13, 2015 9:01 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
2 more eps of No fillers then more fillers incoming .... w00t.... -.- ugh..

Fine nuff ep tho
Aug 13, 2015 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
CyberAnimeLover said:
tsudecimo said:

Like what?

You my friend bruh,but really....what asspulls ?

I came from Dec 2012 tho :o, so not an asspull.
that was lame lol

ShojoSamurai said:
thekiller99 said:

And her fandom wonder, why, others hate her

You two talk like it was relevant to Sakura in the first place. Plot was written that Madara would catch in time, doesn't matter if it was Sakura or Naruto or Sasuke that had the Kunai there.
Aug 13, 2015 9:05 AM

Jun 2015
Wooooooooo! Sasuke with an special rinnegan a Naruto with the complete senpoy, but Madara haw both powers a now he has kamui too....
Sakura is in serious problems, how we she scape from that?
Aug 13, 2015 9:14 AM

Jun 2014
Shake it off Madara, shake it off. Glad to see youre still having a good time.

More trashy animation for moments that are supposed to be epic.

And wtf he took Kakashi's eye in 2 seconds and he just sat there. Kakashi's biggest fuck up ever. And Sakura of course being a pussy and doesnt destroy the other rinnegan fast enough.

Dear Pierrot,
Next time can we get 1 episode of filler and a double episode of canon, and not the other way around? Please and thank you. Hugs and Kisses.
Aug 13, 2015 9:22 AM

Feb 2015
tsudecimo said:
JonasDaJay said:

Like what?

Ok not exactly asspulls, but the story line feels just so messy,in almost every canon episode someone gets a new technique or transformation.
Aug 13, 2015 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
JonasDaJay said:
tsudecimo said:

Like what?

Ok not exactly asspulls, but it feels just so messy that almost every canon episode someone gets a new technique or transformation.

Well let's see :o

Only new transformation is Naruto and Sasuke new powers, rest was already there like Madara being the Juubi, and 8 gates being known from chunnin exams. So that's three ever since Obito was defeated.
Aug 13, 2015 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
Well, I've tried the high road and tried explaining politely (which I rarely do) all of your complaints but it seems you just want to be a broken record ''this is an asspull/deus ex machina because I said so'' completely dismissing evidence from the manga, and not even bothering to remotely use critical thinking for a refutation and discussion.

Whatever, hope the hate keeps you warm .-.
Aug 13, 2015 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
When it is canon, the episodes is good but too bad only 2 episodes of canon is left and we are getting filers for September.
Aug 13, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
Dat sweet ass art tho

kaitonic said:
When it is canon, the episodes is good but too bad only 2 episodes of canon is left and we are getting filers for September.

wait... There's going to be another filler arc?
Aug 13, 2015 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
Mostly action in this episode. Cool to see Naruto and Sasuke's new abilities. The way a lot of people in this forum are reacting to their powers is exactly what I was expecting to see.

I can't believe there's going to be MORE fillers a few weeks from now. Actually, yeah I can. Pierrot is absolutely destroying not only the reputation of this anime, but the reputation of themselves. But judging by the pacing, it seems that the filler will come right after
which, several months ago coincidentally, is exactly where I predicted we would have another filler arc.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
thekiller99 said:

Just saying, if she had actually done what Obito asked of her, the series would probably end much sooner. Like that tsudecimo guy said, it probably would have been the same result regardless of who was standing there. Kishi did that for plot convenience, especially since there's still a few more things to cover before this series ends.

Voidling said:
Dat sweet ass art tho

kaitonic said:

wait... There's going to be another filler arc?

Yeah, on September 3rd it's going to be a double episode about Tenten and then the week after that is going to be an episode about Killer Bee.
thebrentinator24Aug 13, 2015 10:22 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2010
How can Sakura be so useless?????
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Aug 13, 2015 11:05 AM
Jul 2015
What exactly WAS Saske's Rinnegan power? Bending time/space? Teleportation? Also I get that Naruto has 6 Paths sage powers now but to be using complex new Rasengan so suddently after nearly killing himself just to master the Wind-Element-Rasengan seems (really cool but) almost unbeleavable.
Aug 13, 2015 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
Paddyrulz said:
What exactly WAS Saske's Rinnegan power? Bending time/space? Teleportation? Also I get that Naruto has 6 Paths sage powers now but to be using complex new Rasengan so suddently after nearly killing himself just to master the Wind-Element-Rasengan seems (really cool but) almost unbeleavable.

It gets explained by Sasuke later, but it's easy to guess (a lot more than manga, since it was emphasized more in the anime)

They are not really new or complex Rasengan. He already master Rasengan and Rasen-Shuriken. Now that he has the sage powers, he only added the power of tailed beasts abilities/powers into them, he has full control of the tailed beasts powers (later on, he will use them in other ways not just in the Rasengan)
Aug 13, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
The interactions felt strange and stilted.
Why was Sakura so damn slow?
Aug 13, 2015 12:15 PM
Aug 2015
ReinhardVonMusel said:

She should get an achivment for being like this.
Aug 13, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
I think that was the best Fucking episode of Shippudden I've ever seen. 5/5 Naruto saves Gai Sensei, then gives Madara one hell of a punch. That lava style rasengan was EPIC!! Actually every jutsu used in this episode was EPIC! Madara absorbs that tree, and steals Kakashis eye. (That pissed me off) Naruto's starting too look more and more like the sage of the six paths, and that new eye of Sasukes is incredible. But WTF why is Sakura so helpless like really? -.- The preview for next week looks pretty good so im happy. Jeez I wish that episode was longer.

Post #27
Aug 13, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Some great action in this episode.Those Six Paths powers are BA af.

ReinhardVonMusel said:

As always, she's just a useless bitch hungry for Sasuke's D.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » who did better?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

27 by Daredevil_007 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xLtay - Aug 28, 2008

52 by natsuyah »»
Jun 3, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 1, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.