Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2009 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
Defiance said:
Mario1-7 said:
LAWLZ NO SPOILERZ IN HERE
I'm pretty much just the opposite of your friend, I would probably enjoy watching Clannad Afterstory like 10 times more than Clannad
I'm actually thinking about picking Clannad back up just because of Afterstory lol.

Dude you should its epic. You won't be disappointed trust me. I don't mine Harems even if the character picks someone I hate (Shuffle) I don't rate on the end result I rate on how i liked the anime through out. me myself I like Nagisa and Taiga Clannad is epic just the most epic anime ever made! and Toradora is epic in its own way with the fun Character cast and other things.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Mar 18, 2009 12:07 AM

Sep 2008
I hated how Clannad tried to fit (unsuccessfully) all the girls' stories into one season. The story really lost focus because of that. You can call them 'arcs', but that's not much of an excuse, it was obvious what they were trying to do (Tomoyo and Kyou's story both lasting half an episode and Fuko's lasting like 9). But, don't get me wrong, it was an entertaining watch.
On the other hand, I like how in Toradora, there is one coherent story, and even though there were arcs, the story really flowed and wasn't segmented like Clannad's story was.

Just sharing my opinions on this current discussion.
Mar 18, 2009 12:59 AM
Mar 2009
This show had me hooked from the first episode my GF tied me to a chair to watch. Im 6ft 5 and 230lb Army Tanker.... not an easy task but she did it. As tough as i try to be i practicaly balled at the class room scene haha. It was so sad it actualy bothered me at work today. i felt sad for Tiaga < think i spelled that correct> she puts on the tough act but inside shes scared.
Mar 18, 2009 1:50 AM

Aug 2008
I'm just happy for the fact that noone used the word "cliché" this week.
Mar 18, 2009 3:41 AM
Dec 2008
Defiance said:
linear

yes... yes that's the word! and linear is exactly what toradora is not
Mar 18, 2009 6:01 AM

May 2007
Kvakond said:
I'm just happy for the fact that noone used the word "cliché" this week.
I second this.
Mar 18, 2009 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
linear

If you are trying to say that Toradora is a harem anime, you are off your rocker. Setting aside Ryuuji and Taiga's crushes(which isn't even real love), it has been all bonding between the two of them(romantically anyway). A major theme of the anime which you might be confusing with romance is camaraderie.
Mar 18, 2009 7:37 AM

May 2007
Defiance said:
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
linear

If you are trying to say that Toradora is a harem anime, you are off your rocker. Setting aside Ryuuji and Taiga's crushes(which isn't even real love), it has been all bonding between the two of them(romantically anyway). A major theme of the anime which you might be confusing with romance is camaraderie.
I doubt he was trying to call toradora a harem, because it really isn't.
I but i fail to see Toradora as non linear as well.
Mar 18, 2009 9:17 AM

Jan 2009

Anyhow back on subject, its a light novel series with a defined ending.

At least you don't get the nonsense which was School Rumble which has some stupid love pentagon that got no-where.

The whole intro song should tell you what the anime about, its about feelings, saying the truth despite getting hurt and other such emotional stuff. Its not a excuse to flame it each.
Mar 18, 2009 10:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 18, 2009 11:15 AM

Jul 2007

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."
Mar 18, 2009 3:16 PM

Jan 2009
Two more episodes to go and things are finally falling into place. And I guess it's gonna be Ryuuji X Taiga. :(

I'm more of a Ryuuji X minori guy but I guess it's okay.

So now I'm guessing Ryuuji and Taiga will hook up and so will Minori and Kitamura. But poor Ami will have nobody.
Mar 18, 2009 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
Lepchin17 said:
Two more episodes to go and things are finally falling into place. And I guess it's gonna be Ryuuji X Taiga. :(

So now I'm guessing Ryuuji and Taiga will hook up and so will Minori and Kitamura. But poor Ami will have nobody.

I wanted Ami x Ryuuji to end up happening instead >_>
Mar 18, 2009 9:22 PM

May 2007
Yuunagi said:
"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."
lmao.

Lepchin17 said:

Empire said:
Lepchin17 said:

I quite get why defiance went full scale on me now.
Mar 19, 2009 9:26 AM
Dec 2008
Defiance said:
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
linear

what are you talking about, sir? are you being way off the mark on purpose again? because what you are rambling about has nothing to do with anything i wrote
Mar 19, 2009 9:39 AM

Jul 2008
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
linear

what are you talking about, sir? are you being way off the mark on purpose again? because what you are rambling about has nothing to do with anything i wrote
I used linear in a sense that Toradora had a linear romance between Ryuuji and Taiga compared to a harem anime(Clannad) were there could be multiple endings. So taking the context I used the word in, you said "and linear is exactly what toradora is not." So when you say Toradora is the exact opposite of a linear romance, how do you expect me to respond to that lol?
Mar 19, 2009 9:52 AM
Dec 2008
Defiance said:
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
Prayermad said:
Defiance said:
linear

I used linear in a sense that Toradora had a linear romance between Ryuuji and Taiga compared to a harem anime(Clannad) were there could be multiple endings. So taking the context I used the word in, you said "and linear is exactly what toradora is not." So when you say Toradora is the exact opposite of a linear romance, how do you expect me to respond to that lol?

i expect you to keep quiet and let me excel beyond excellence
Mar 20, 2009 5:14 AM

Oct 2007
Epic intervention. Seemed a little harsh but I guess everybody's getting sick of Ryuji and his "I don't know crap" act.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 21, 2009 5:32 AM

Jan 2008
All this because Ryuuji can't fucking decide.
Empire said:
This.
Mar 21, 2009 11:14 AM

Jun 2007
aero said:
Empire said:
I wanted Amiminori x Ryuuji to end up happening instead >_>
This.

That.
Mar 22, 2009 4:02 AM

Feb 2008
xxjanism said:
aero said:
Empire said:
I wanted Amiminori x Ryuuji someone male to end up happening instead >_>
This.

That.

At least THAT.
Mar 22, 2009 7:18 AM

Mar 2008
FTGT said:
xxjanism said:
aero said:
Empire said:
I wanted Amiminori someone female x Ryuuji someone male to end up happening instead >_>
This.

That.

At least THAT.

This one's the most possible ^^
Mar 22, 2009 7:48 AM

Dec 2008
lol
soulelle said:
FTGT said:
xxjanism said:
aero said:
Empire said:
I wanted Amiminori someone female x Ryuuji someone male to end up happening instead >_>
This.

That.

At least THAT.

This one's the most possible ^^
XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2009 3:01 PM
Nov 2007
gosh, minorin looked so scary.
Mar 24, 2009 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful & Intense.

Minorin<3
Mar 27, 2009 9:47 PM

Jun 2007
Even if I'm not getting the pairing I wanted (Ami and Takasu), this series is still producing some brilliant drama. It keeps me constantly engaged, which is no mean feat considering my attention span some days. I agree with what someone said earlier, this felt like a penultimate episode, but there are two more to go. I hope it isn't needlessly stretched out.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Mar 30, 2009 5:07 PM
Apr 2008
Eek... Minorin got the old Higurashi eyes towards the end of the episode.

That classroom scene was awesome... looking forward to the last few eps left.

Mar 31, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2007
SNSD said:
BeautifulBoring & Intense.Insane

Minorin<3
Apr 1, 2009 2:46 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was a bit boring, but the last part was excellent. That was really amazing to see how they cornered Taiga to force to confess her feelings. Minorin did a great thing for her best friend.
Apr 2, 2009 9:26 AM

Mar 2008
Ryushi said:

feel free to choose any
soulelleApr 2, 2009 9:41 AM
Apr 17, 2009 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
woah!! that was some confrontation!!! well... its almost the end of the series so think its to be expected... i wonder what'll happen now? i wonder what ryuuji will do now?
May 19, 2009 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, wtf with the classroom scene.

I'm speechless.

Jun 1, 2009 6:36 AM
Jun 2009
i preder ami x ryuji love team
Jun 8, 2009 2:14 AM
Apr 2009
soulelle said:
FTGT said:
xxjanism said:
aero said:
Empire said:
I wanted Amiminori someone female x Ryuuji someone female to end up happening instead >_>
This.

That.

At least THAT.

This one's the most awesome ^^
This.

It would have been crazy if Taiga jumped out of the window.
Jun 9, 2009 11:13 PM

Dec 2008
rofl @ sleeping inko.
Jun 16, 2009 1:30 AM
Jul 2008
Lol funny how Taiga got trapped by Ami and Kitamura!
Jul 8, 2009 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Minorin is starting to lose her spot in my favorites due to her out of character ungenki personality. Things are heating up, two more episodes, and I'm excited to see how it ends.
Jul 29, 2009 9:16 AM

Aug 2008

Rachel Alucard. (The girl in my avatar)
Jul 30, 2009 10:32 PM

May 2008
Oh my lord. Amazing episode. When Ami and Kitamura blocked the doors the anime just got so much better... that was an amazing moment. I may just have to bump the score up a bit for this one.
Aug 13, 2009 6:36 AM
Jul 2009
Vicky-sama said:
I still want my Ami x Minorin ending.

hahaha i would love that ;)
Sep 3, 2009 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
HOLY SHIT, MINORIN BECAME ONE OF THE HIGURASHI GIRLS!
Sep 21, 2009 5:33 AM
Jul 2008
Bladecatcher said:
soulelle said:
FTGT said:
xxjanism said:
aero said:
Empire said:
I wanted Amiminori someone female x Ryuuji someone female to end up happening instead >_>
This.

That.

At least THAT.

This one's the most awesome ^^
This.

It would have been crazy if Taiga jumped out of the window.

only because we've come to expect those kinda death defying stunts from taiga

Moonfrost said:
HOLY SHIT, MINORIN BECAME ONE OF THE HIGURASHI GIRLS!

only coz we've come to expect these sorts of twists from this searies

hahh, almost over (5 1/2 months after i paused at epp 22) why mush kugumiya rie and yui horie (i think thats minorin) have to play such aws0m3 roles all the time!!! please direct me to the next Love-com!
Oct 29, 2009 5:08 AM
Oct 2007
Sigh, another anime that could be so simply solved with a simple 3some.

Taiga likes Minorin
Minorin likes taiga
Taiga likes Ryuuji
Minorin likes Ryuuji

Simple solution.
Oct 31, 2009 5:09 AM

May 2008
Taiga: So Tsundere she's run away kicking and screaming before admitting that she loves someone to their face.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 11, 2009 12:02 PM

May 2009
Episode was freaking awesome! I loved it! Whole episode was about the valentine day and then in the end I was like WTF Ryuuji forgot to say what he told to Yuusaku to Minori... It was truly dramatic. If he doesn't chose to chase after her, he is dead alright, but no worries he will. ^^
Jan 10, 2010 8:45 PM

Jun 2009
sigh I wanted M x R not T x R but I guess thats not happening....
Jan 24, 2010 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
This episode was bitter sweet.. Such a climatic cliffhanger...i didnt expect it to happen this early, theres still a few episodes left o.o
Feb 1, 2010 4:59 PM

Aug 2008
All of this is happening because Ryuuji can't make up his mind. He needs to decide which girl he wants because both will be okay with the decision he makes, but they are both confused because they don't know what Ryuuji wants.

I think Minorin was being OD harsh on Taiga, she was frikken screaming at Taiga and Taiga was like freaking out. Did you see the look on Taiga's face holy shit. If i were her i'd be traumatized just by getting screamed at by Minorin. She was really freaky when she exploded omfg. But still I can understand why she did it, but cmon, you can be a little nicer O_O
Mar 8, 2010 3:38 AM

Aug 2008
awww Taiga looks adorable in her maid uniform. :D

I absolutely love the classroom scene especially when Ami and Kitamura blocked the exits and Minorin forced Taiga to look at her! ♥
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

404 by otakuanity »»
May 28, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.