Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 9:40 AM

Apr 2019
Loved the first episode.

Oct 3, 9:44 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
One of the best animations of all time.
Yeah good first episode.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 3, 9:45 AM

Jan 2016
The animation looks very good
Oct 3, 9:46 AM
Sep 2024
That was extremely epic

An excellent debut, with fantastic direction and good animation!
Oct 3, 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
It's so weird, I love it. The first episode was amazing. I like the OP so much. Wow, you can tell they put a lot of care and effort into this.
Oct 3, 9:52 AM

Jul 2024
OHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA! WE. ARE. EATING. GOOOOD!
Oct 3, 9:53 AM
Jul 2024
First episode was a riot, can't wait for more.
Oct 3, 9:53 AM

Aug 2017
Animation looks fantastic, whacky shows like this aren't my thing, but still willing to watch it.
Oct 3, 9:54 AM
Feb 2024
Pure chaos,absolutely loved every second of it.
Oct 3, 10:00 AM

May 2023
PEAKKK. Finally one of the Anime of the Year candidates is here. Dandadan manga is one of my favorite manga so seeing this get a good adaptation I am very happy to see it, Science Saru managed to animate this manga whose art is incredible. This opening by Creepy Nuts is my top 5 favorite opening for this year and this is Creepy Nuts year so it's no wonder they can make a song this good and the visuals are also amazing. The BGM is really catchy, I wonder why and no wonder it's because of Kensuke Ushio, after BokuYaba S2 in winter 2024 where his OST was amazing, now he is back to compose the music for one of the best new shounen, and also he composes the Kimi no Iro Movie which has finished in August and the currently airing Anime Chi. which is made by Madhouse studio.

Momo's character design is very good, I can like her character easily especially when she immediately apologized when she said something too harsh to Okarun. The chemistry between the two of them is also very interesting to follow. After a long time they decide to show who is right, whether the ghost is real or the alien is real. The flashback part for both characters is also amazing, they are good at playing with the emotions of the audience, the characters are already seen for the first episode and I like being able to immediately like both of their characters especially since they both have something in common as well.

Unfortunately it turns out that they have never seen the things they believe in, but it turns out that ghosts and aliens are real. The animation is too amazing when Momo is in the hospital, there are so many scenes that the transition is amazing. I want to believe in Aliens and Ghosts but not this way too lmao, why do these Aliens want sex so much lol and Turbo Granny wants a young weenie lol. Thanks to Science Saru for not censoring this anime, we just want an adaptation of an amazing manga like this where it is truly animated with intention.

It seems that even though they managed to defeat the Aliens and Ghosts with Momo who managed to awaken her Chi, Okarun is still cursed by Turbo Granny. In the end, they both believe in each other with what they didn't believe in the beginning. Momo was hit by Okarun's Rizz and Momo seemed to want to know more about Okarun and asked what Okarun's real name was and it was Ken Takakura, and the name was the same as the guy Momo wanted, what a way to end the episode, ABSOLUTE CINEMA. Even the ending song is also very good and it's no wonder that this ED song is filled by Zutomayo, really like this ED too. Looking forward to how the next episode goes.
NezuSwallowtail_Oct 5, 4:46 AM
Oct 3, 10:07 AM
Jan 2024
The animation is nice and polished, some parts look very basic but the animation style makes up for it, im not fond of some questionable scenes which makes it a 4 and not a 5 star episode for me
Oct 3, 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
Watched the first ep and I still have no idea what the fuck I just witnessed. Really something you just have to just experience for yourself, no summary is gonna accurately capture how insane this was lmao. The supernatural meets the extraterrestrial. An acid trip personified.

At some points I didn’t know what was real and what was fake. Science Saru off to an incredible start production wise too, show looks gorgeous I hope it stays that way throughout.

The whole alien rape attempt scene was just a mindfuck. A metal dick is CRAZY. And then turbo granny freaky ass with the “Lemme gobble that weenie” 😭 like what is going on. Even the aliens got weirded out

Speaking of weenies, if Ken got his taken by turbo granny for the curse is he not gonna be able to pee or how does that work lol

Ayase and Ken make a great team and now that Ayase knows Ken is named after her favourite actor she’s gonna be heads over heels for him lol. Can’t wait.
Marinate1016Oct 3, 10:49 AM
Oct 3, 10:11 AM

Dec 2022
What the fuck am I watching? Definitely gonna need to stick around to find out.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Oct 3, 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
Chainsaw Man has been dethroned as the late zoomer/gen alpha anime of choice.
Oct 3, 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
There's going from 0 to 100 and then there's utterly obliterating the intensity meter in the first episode. Dude's name reveal at the end was the perfect chef's kiss.

Also, I'm sorry but I can't take "Turbo Granny" as a name for a ghost seriously lmao
Oct 3, 10:19 AM

May 2024
We are witnessing the start of Science Saru's anime dominance. What an episode!

Another crazy ass anime is all I needed.
Oct 3, 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
A great start. The duo is adorable and funny. We also got to see ghosts, aliens, and psychic powers being used which opens so many possibilities for the show going forward. Science Saru has been doing a great job on this. Really charming art style and Kensuke Ushio's music is perfectly matching this energy of the adaptation. OP and ED are great as well.
Oct 3, 10:20 AM
Mar 2023
its was pretty good first episode
Oct 3, 10:21 AM
Mar 2023
its was pretty good first episode
Oct 3, 10:23 AM
Sep 2022
What the actual hell did I just watch…. What an absolutely wild first episode.

Voice actors went actually insane, especially Natsuki Hanae.
Oct 3, 10:23 AM
Apr 2017
WE GETTING OUR BALLS BACK WITH THIS ONE!!
Oct 3, 10:27 AM
Sep 2024
A great intro to the show its a bit on the crazy side, but its amazing perfect for the spooky season.
Oct 3, 10:31 AM

Jul 2022
Wow, the studio got the manga's spirit down to a T
This is excellent
Oct 3, 10:34 AM

Aug 2015
"My name is Ken Takakura"
That's how love starts, you know!

Beautiful adaptation of my currently favorite weekly manga. For all the anime onlies, trust me when I say EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.
Oct 3, 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
Another Science Sauru masterclass.
Oct 3, 10:38 AM
Kikuris footrest
Jul 2022
perfect first episode
i was worried if they manage to convey the craziness and energy from the manga into motion but they did it perfectly, everything is as i imagined while reading the manga
if they can keep up that level of production, this will be anime of the season for sure
Oct 3, 10:39 AM

Nov 2023
Great episode!

Science saru did a great job 👍
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Oct 3, 10:39 AM
Apr 2023
IT WAS SOOO GOOD ESPECIALLY THE ALIEN PART
Oct 3, 10:40 AM

Jan 2018
After seeing how hyped this show was I had to check it out. I think I had only watched the first trailer a long time ago which I completely forgot. Even stayed away from the leaks. So glad I did.

First impression was the OP by Creepy Nuts. It was weird but fun. A nice intro for the show Ig. Still waiting for Yofukashi no Uta S2...

Damn. What a wild first episode. The animation, the artstyle, and the voice acting everything felt great. Aliens and freaking ghosts? That's cool. But I wasn't expecting the romance. This is going to be a fun anime.

The first episode was already unhinged, I'm guessing things will just get crazier from here. I really like the weirdness.
Oct 3, 10:41 AM

Jun 2014
10/10 peak first episode. Creepy nuts back at it again.
Oct 3, 10:41 AM

Jul 2022
Mannnnnn... As a manga reader I LOVED IT!!!!! The animation is fucking fire, the VA's did an amazing job, and oh my good creepy nutz are insane yeta again!

But also it has been just the perfect amount of time since i first read this, to start watching the anime AHHHHH i love revisiting such a cool story in such a cool new way!!! A lot of things i would discuss about would be spoilers so i'll just wait lmao BUT MOMO AND OKARUN ARE SO CUUUUUTE AHH THE BEGINNING OF THEIR FRIENDSHIP, MANNN IT FEELS LIKE I READ IT YESTERDAY LMAO but also the explosions when she found out his real name looool i like the obvious-ness, or the externalization of their inner thoughts and feelings, which the manga tends to do.

All and all, this is gonna be fucking fire
Oct 3, 10:49 AM
May 2011
Excellent animation and very interesting, I'm hooked!
Oct 3, 10:50 AM

Oct 2020
Incredible first episode. This was one of my most anticipated animes of the entire year, and gotta say it was definitely insane. I love it a lot. Genuinely, I am very pleased with this.
Oct 3, 10:52 AM
Aug 2020
muuuuy bueno, si sigue asi va a ser lo mejor del año sin dudas
Oct 3, 10:53 AM

Mar 2024
Now this... this is why I love anime.
Oct 3, 10:56 AM
Apr 2023
As a manga reader I gotta say, this is a great adaptation. And I can't wait for the oncoming episodes!!
Oct 3, 10:56 AM
Mar 2021
Poor tanjiro already got cursed by a ghost xD Bet muzan must be mad
Oct 3, 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
I prefer the ending to the opening after a 2nd listen.

Great first episode from Science SARU. The direction and storyboards are solid; additionally to the animation it gives a lot of energy to what's happening onscreen. I already know they will deliver for the entire season with banger sequences.

Hopefully this adaptation boosts the manga popularity even more so we can get more seasons greenlit asap.
Oct 3, 11:03 AM

May 2020
Excellent first episode, SARU delivered. Love these two numbskulls already.
The VAs did an amazing job as well, there were a couple of times where the delivery alone got a chuckle out of me as I'd just barely finished reading the sub.

So good, easy weekly watch

Oct 3, 11:06 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to FMmatron
Couldn't care less about MAPPA. Sure, they would've been one of the best candidates for this adaptation, but an experimental studio with hybrid animation such as Science Saru captures the surreal nature and insanity of Dandadan like no one else.
@FMmatron Idk why some people are butthurt over MAPPA not animating this. Science Saru is perfect for this one. MAPPA would have been great too ofc like you said and I'd understand people complaining if this got some random studio.
Oct 3, 11:06 AM
Nov 2022
Funny, interesting enough to keep watching
Oct 3, 11:07 AM

Nov 2019
I'm about to be celebrating every time a new episode of this is dropped.
Oct 3, 11:13 AM
May 2023
Este é o anime do ano de 2024!
Oct 3, 11:19 AM
Jan 2020
Hot damn they cooked so hard, based off of episode one this is everything I could ask for from a Dandadan anime.
Oct 3, 11:20 AM
Dec 2023
So good, animation, soundtrack (Ushio GOAT), direction, art style, unhinged plot, everything is top level.
Oct 3, 11:25 AM

May 2018
So far this is as crazy and visually engaging as promised, I hope Science Saru can keep this consistency and the first episode isn't only an animation bump.
Another good impression - Shion Wakayama and Natsuki Hanae are killing it as VAs, also the signature music of Kensuke Ushio is here too.

Dec 2022
I shouldn't have read the manga
Apr 2024
I enjoyed the first episode alot its gonna be one of my favourites this season for sure
Oct 3, 11:34 AM
Aug 2017
Absolutely brilliant. If they can keep up that frantic energy and animation style it's going to be the best anime I've seen in a while.
Oct 3, 11:36 AM
Jul 2021
def one of the weirdest shows i've ever seen, but good weirdness
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So far, lacks the Science Saru style.

DABUNGINATOR - Oct 13

29 by Merve2Love »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dandadan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Sep 13

270 by Fortress_Maximus »»
5 hours ago

» Dan Da Dan got into Top 2 of Netflix non-English TV Series this week (4.3M views this week)

RealNath - Yesterday

10 by Werch »»
6 hours ago

» Creepy Nuts.

someguy - Oct 14

34 by black4all »»
10 hours ago

» Manga readers, please gas up the writing for me

APolygons2 - Oct 14

32 by Anees195 »»
Today, 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.