Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 7:27 AM

Jul 2023
Previous episode was Akane's but this one is Arima Kana's.

Aqua is really good at give the spotlight to the one of the best girl of the series... so smooth!! Then her memories of past rushed through her what was doing, why was working hard for!!! Great episode!!! Arima Kana is truely a STAR 🌟.

And the final expression of Aqua is really damn what can I say, just outstanding, goosebumps ToT. Can't wait for the next episode.

Aug 21, 7:27 AM
Aug 2022
Finally the battle between The Blue and The Red begins 🔥.
This is Kana's Arc.
Seems like she suffered a lot because of this industry. Man!!! Look at the animation Quality 🔥✨🤩 this is eye candy.
Akane-chan finally got to see the original skills of kana lol 😂, Akane still is a cute baby 😍.

Ooh Noo Sayahime, she took the direct hit 😰. Really Glad Kanto-kun was there when Aqua needed assistance the most.
Aqua using PTSD to increase the level of rage and hatred inside him.
Ricky16Aug 21, 12:27 PM
Aug 21, 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
Nah I don't blame Himekawa. Contacts are kinda weird, and I ain't want them at first. But once you get some, there's no going back, that's all I'll say lol. But yeah yeah yeah, everyone's had their time to shine, background characters included for some reason (not complaining), but now it's time for the main character himself, Aqua, to get his time in the spotlight. And some Arima... again ig too lol.

Damn though, Arima's mom is awful. She fr used Arima to chase her own old dreams and got mad when Arima's acting career struggled. Anywho, one of my main issues with this arc showed up in this episode, with me kinda finding it kinda cringy how they add shounen-style energy to the acting. Though, Doga Koba made it hella fun to watch, so whatever lol. And damn, I ain't expect for them to use that much blood wtf.

People will call it edgy, but it's anything but. It might be edgy, but it's more realistic more than anything. That entire scene though, Doga cooked holy fuck.

Play would end next episode, going off the pace they've been going.

Aug 21, 7:30 AM

Jan 2021
Doga Kobo is just flexing at this point. How many times do I have to say that their commitment to adapting Oshi no Ko is truly impressive? I could talk about it for ages.
The animation! it really shows Kana shining brightly and Aqua showing despair.

Kana's relatable past highlights how parents unknowingly burden their children with their desires, leading to stress and depression. Despite this, Kana exhibits strong mental fortitude, coping with her loneliness through others' happiness. Ultimately, director's words and Aqua rescue her.

God, Aqua's the best, that ad-lib he did just to lift Kana's spirit, And look at Kana now, shining brightly again. Everyone is so surprised that they forgot how great Kana can be. Akane has been waiting for this moment, look at her simping for Kana, you can see how much she admires Kana.
Akane × Kana, all the way!

And Aqua at the end, straight chills! If he keeps acting like this, he's really going to push himself too hard. I wonder who would be there to help him.

I’m really looking forward to the next episode, I’ve been waiting for it!
Thanks for the meal.
YuyuichiAug 21, 11:40 PM
Aug 21, 8:00 AM
Apr 2023
at this point I'm just broken on the inside crying, remembering how act age got discontinued at it's best arc. Which was similar to this arc of oshi no ko but I think act age did it better in my opinion.
Aug 21, 8:12 AM
Mar 2021
Hickykissy said:
at this point I'm just broken on the inside crying, remembering how act age got discontinued at it's best arc. Which was similar to this arc of oshi no ko but I think act age did it better in my opinion.

Bro don’t make me remember gigguk said the same thing in one of the trash taste episodes, I honestly feel that authors should think twice before committing any crime or doing any shady stuffs which affects their works in a negative way or worse straight up cancels them all the effort that the individual must have put into their manga goes to vain.
UruichiAug 21, 8:19 AM
Aug 21, 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
The main actors become supporting characters, as Aqua and Akane prepare to turn the stage upside down, but faced with the strong conviction of Himekawa and the former's ab-libbing on Kana that took her by complete surprise to lead her back to centerstage, which has been something that was created since the days of Kana being in B-Komachi, and most certainly her young days of passion being a talented child actor to impress her biggest supporter, her mother. And although she gets humbled by Director Gotanda and being looked up to from Akane, the pressure to deliver is always there, but Aqua has always wanted her to shine, even if it's for a moment...to become her very own Star. The geekiness of the fan within Akane also shows, and it's Aqua who's doing all the work to bring the two girls closer to each other.

Himekawa's challenge to Aqua for his acting, especially given his panic distortion which can be triggered when he's having fun acting whilst having the guilt from within, it's all traits from Ai Hoshino for the sake of revenge acting, something which Gotanda knows all too well, and he can't exactly ask Aqua to deride the path that he's set onto: suffering through acting, which is exactly with Akane's deathly portrayal that triggers his best and worst.

A showcase of not just Kana, but how far Aqua will go to exact his revenge.
Aug 21, 8:22 AM

Feb 2019
Well victim girl got her shine today that’s for sure. Doga Kobo’s commitment to visual excellence during this arc is incredible. Not only are the designs and backgrounds gorgeous, but the way they’re conveying Kana and Aqua’s feelings through their acting is incredible. The dichotomy of their approaches to achieving results was so well done.

Kana after years of suppressing her acting to get along with others finally goes back to her roots and what made her so famous back in the day. Seeing her gradually raise her acting over the course of the episode alongside the flashbacks to her mom living vicariously through her really hit. That’s a lot of pressure for anyone at such a young age. Aqua as usual saving the day with his ad-lib giving Kana the boost she needed.

Akane fangirling out over Kana acting like the child prodigy she idolised growing up was cute!

While Kana found her joy for acting again, Aqua did the opposite using his hatred and anger over losing Ai to fuel his performance leading to his black star eye activating. Amazing scene from Doga Kobo. Making acting painful and arduous is probably not sustainable long term but it does create some amazing performances like today.

Can’t get over how good DG are at leading into the Burning ED.. chills every time. Can’t wait for next episode
Marinate1016Aug 21, 9:09 AM
Aug 21, 8:37 AM
Jul 2024
The animation quality is just something else.
Aug 21, 8:53 AM
May 2024
This episode left me completely speechless, oh my god.
Aug 21, 8:56 AM
Oct 2020
Kana is finally shining while Aqua is descending deeper and deeper. His black star is at it's highest so far. Doga Kobo really flexing this season
Aug 21, 8:58 AM

Oct 2021
What a banger episode! I imagine this will be Aqua's reaction when he sees what will happen after the shocking reveal of today's manga chapter.
Aug 21, 8:59 AM
Jul 2021
ITS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER HOLYYYYY
Aug 21, 9:00 AM
Jul 2023
Kana following her heart, breathtaking. Even Akane can’t resist to be awestruck.
Aug 21, 9:03 AM
May 2023
the emotions aqua showed at the end were breathtaking and the animation was so good
Aug 21, 9:05 AM
Apr 2018
Kana Arima i present to you the president of your fan club Akane kurokawa! <3

Aug 21, 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
First of all gotta praise how good the directing was, nothing new but still had to mention it. Not only was it superb but also very easy to follow unlike many other shows thess days. An episode dedicated to Arima Kana with her backstory and how she came to the conclusion of complementing others in order to survive and how Aqua shone light on instead and brought back the old Arima Kana. Everyone was surprised, she's just that good. Ending the episode with Aqua's dark star emerging gave me chills but thinking how he's gonna suffer everytime he acts from now also made me sad at the same time. Great episode again.
Aug 21, 9:11 AM

May 2023
Damn good episode.
Aug 21, 9:19 AM
Aug 2024
This was very well directed episode plus the budget seems humongous. This animation is next level.

The battle finally commences and the fact that you can't recognize ad-libs really speaks volumes. Kana is an absolute star, but even though the episode focuses on her, Akane still stole the spotlight for me. Aqua's vengeance is terrifying, I loved that final scene.
Aug 21, 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
Why is there a play and a teen drama in a murder mystery? Haven't been given any reason to care about the play or the characters. The whole arc is garbage.
Aug 21, 9:23 AM
Apr 2020
Aint no way Aqua just bit bro. Dude is going rabid...
Aug 21, 9:24 AM
May 2015
masterpiece !!!!!!!
Aug 21, 9:25 AM
Mar 2020
I can't say Anything, the best
Aug 21, 9:28 AM
Jul 2024
It Took 8 episodes but finally some relevant plot progression with Aqua
Aug 21, 9:28 AM

May 2019
I can't believe how many episodes this play is taking but what's more impressive is how incredible and captivating they have been including this one. This time it was Kana's time to shine thanks to an assist from Aqua and she reminded me of the sacrifice (or maybe huge assist) she made to him when she joined his sister's idol group from S1. It's unfortunate that her mom's obsession with fame led to her divorce and separation from Kana which made Kana's childhood rougher but it's great to see her making a recovery.

Regarding Aqua, huge props to the director/guardian guy Gotanda as he was able to unlock Aqua's revenge filled acting as I feared that he could have had a panic attack in front of a live audience but thankfully that no longer appears to be a possibility.

Aug 21, 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah, I donno, I like this anime but the things it does sometimes throw me off. Hecking edgelord pain acting? The fact that he is reincarnated makes this whole ptsd subplot not hit as hard. Why did he tell Akane out of nowhere he wants to kill a dude?

I didn't like anything about the last 3 episodes other than the animation quality, but then again, I'd rather they adapt everything than cut shit
combi2015Aug 21, 9:54 AM
Aug 21, 9:33 AM
Apr 2022
Finally the COMEBACK of ARIMA KANA.

I've been waiting for her all-out performance.

Oh boy, AQUA's raging emotion at the end got me off guard, for a moment I thought he was out of control and going for revenge, but then his ferocious bite at last was even more surprising.

Aug 21, 9:34 AM

Aug 2019
Raw.That episode cut straight to the bone. Turns out that Arima's childhood troubles stem from her neglecting and emotionally abusive mom. And Aqua's acting at the end there was jaw dropping. It felt like we were floating in good vibes when he ad libbed the Touki x Tsurugi scene and suddenly those good vibes were yanked away in the last minutes. Five stars.
Ding Dong Your Opinion's Wrong!
Aug 21, 9:37 AM
Jul 2024
I seriously loved it. So intense and emotional.
Aug 21, 9:53 AM

May 2023
at this point Doga Kobo is just flexing lol, how is it possible that the visual quality is always improving every episode, I'm confident to have high expectations for Dark Ruby later.

KANAAA ARIMAAA SHOWS WHY SHE'S THE BEST GIRL IN THIS SHOW. Aqua made Kana to act with what Kana wants, Aqua and Kana suddenly doing things off script is very funny looking like a couple.

Kana is a strong girl, she managed to survive in showbiz by just taking the director's word for it, she was able to move on with her pathetic showbiz life, which Akane could never do and that's why I don't like Akane's character.

Kana is too dazzled to the point that Akane is blushing on stage lolll she really likes her idol too much, but that's to be expected for a character like Akane where she is suitable to be Arima Kana #1 fan club president lmao.

Aqua suddenly acted crazy, he really used his trauma to do the acting was crazy, from afar Aqua x Therapy will be the best ship for Aqua, and from here on I just surrender to Doga Kobo to continue cooking in this amazingly exciting anime.
NezuSwallowtail_Aug 21, 10:03 AM
Aug 21, 9:56 AM

Oct 2021
10/10 yet again, this entire Tokyo Blade adaptation has been incredible. Kana finally showed why she's a genius actor after stepping into the spotlight, and Aqua utilised the "power" of PTSD to demonstrate his desire for revenge.

So next episode will be the play's ending (Ch. 65 & 66), I'm looking forward to it. I love this arc's character development, even letting some side characters like Melt have their moment to shine as well. It's just peak writing and animation.
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Mar 2021
This was absolutely amazing this episode was absolutely all about kana and her acting.
Aug 21, 9:57 AM
Aug 2022
Phenomenal episode the whole way I have nothing else to say
Aug 21, 10:01 AM
May 2024
amazing ep loved it the animation was soo good
Aug 21, 10:07 AM

Jun 2014
Once again, I'm blown away by how well they're adapting this arc. From seeing Kana bring out her true acting ability, to Aqua fully embracing his pain and trauma for his character's emotional moment, man what an episode this was.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 21, 10:11 AM

Jan 2018
Himekawa is a beast. He seems so indifferent normally but while he's acting he can't be more different than his usual self. What a terrific actor.

Finally, some spotlight on Arima Kana. So, she was basically a victim of her parents. Typical Asian parent forcing their dreams on their children and then being angry when it doesn't work out. I feel bad for Kana. Not so much for her mother. Tho I wonder if she's still in contact with her daughter.

Kana realized that she didn't need to bring herself down anymore. She should enjoy acting and give it her all. Doga Kobo cooked again with that scene.

Wasn't expecting the latter part of the episode to focus so much on Aqua. It looks like the next episode might be the conclusion of the stage play where Aqua will be the central focus. Can't wait to see that.
Aug 21, 10:12 AM

Jul 2007
FINALLY! Had to wait 3 weeks for Aqua to finally get his spotlight. Feel like we could have summed up the girl's stuff in like one episode, but whatever. 4/5
Aug 21, 10:14 AM

Apr 2018
Amazing episode, Kana finally embraced her true self and her acting skills shone in the stage thanks to Aqua, who also had some development this episode but in a very dark way. Truly a peak adaptation.
Aug 21, 10:27 AM

Jan 2024
I used to pray for times like this😭😭
ABSOLUTE CINEMA

Aqua finally did it, pulled Kana out of her slumber and motived her to act to her fullest again.

"Do the kind of acting you long to Arima Kana".
These two are perfect for eachother.

And boy did Kana showed off. Doga Kobo usual cooking it's not worth mentioning anymore how great the animation is. Just class.

Girl shinned like a SUN
Akane got to to see her idol, her fan girl moment was crazy

Kana's past was more rougher than expected. Her mother was very selfish, the family broker apart cause of her.
Then theres Gotonda ideal papa.
Able to relate to Aquas struggle figure out his problems and gave him the advice to make him finally act it out.
"You must no longer enjoy acting"
"Suffer as you perform, for you acting is painful and arduous"

Last scene of Aqua going Beserk was pure goosebumps. He channeled his rage, anger, regrets into his acting and it was Terrifyingly awesome. Waited whole season for my man to pop off and he fucking did.

One of the best anime episodes I ever watched.
Thankyou Aka Akasaka & Doga Kobo
WaterMageAug 21, 12:07 PM
Aug 21, 10:28 AM

Dec 2023
Kana's part was great but I loved Aqua's part.

Aqua doubling down on his true emotions while lifting everyone else around him up is in itself kind of a tragedy. Another great episode.
Aug 21, 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
This episode really gives two side of Ying and Yang very quickly. From the happy-side acting of Kana, to rage-hatred side acting of Aqua. Crazy, Goosebumps.
🤯☯️
Aug 21, 10:32 AM
Oct 2023
Director: u don't enjoy acting. Fuck it .... become an edgelord
Aug 21, 10:39 AM
Feb 2015
MY HEART, THIS ANIME IS SPECTACULAR , BRILLIANT/

I ship Aqua and Kana so hard, then when Aqua acting so painful it hit me in the head. A rollercoaster of emotion 10/10
Aug 21, 10:41 AM
Apr 2018
Oh what an episode. I was just totally waiting in anticipation and it was all worth it.

Starting of with melt and sakuya fight (sakuya still being an a$$h*le as usual no surprise there) but melt is still fighting to keep up with resolve. Kana has a converstation with taiki who wanted to see kana act all out too anyways apparently hes ad libing and changing part of the script. His approach to acting was interesting were he shapes his acting to the movement rather than the expressions in accordance to the audience also since he doesnt want to get swallowed by akanes performance. Kanas ready for any changes as usual adapting herself.
The final scene begins, Taiki and aqua face off where Aqua counters fiery oassionate acting with his emotionless ice cold one but it only could hold on till a certain point given taikis superior skills and experience. Akane appears behind kana which was not in the script catching kana off guard and getting thrown by taiki towards aqua (made me squeal a little ngl) with taiki facing akane now and aqua with kana.
Kana once again readies herself to adjust with ad libs but aqua has other plans. Grabs her by the cheeks (i squealed again) and indirectly lets her have the spotlight & delivering dialogues while perfectly lining up with the script which impresses kana also proving taikis previous statement right on how actors follow with the movement.

The roles get switched with aqua now in kanas spot as backup for kana herself and we get a entire sequence of kana and aqua imagery through out the season which was a nice touch. ( i see you doga kobo) Then we enter a more serious tone with kanas backstory and it just explains so much including last episodes scene. I love the contrast of how akane having amazing supporting parents to Kana basically having no one with her. Kanas own mother just using her for her own satisfaction and happiness, neglecting her child emotionally to the point you lose your husband & destroy your own family. Worst thing kana has to witness all this while trying to survive and struggle in the industry all for her mothers sake while being broken inside.She just pushes others forward while herself being a background character. Now it becomes more clear where her abandonment & insecurity issues come from. Her happiest moments were turned to nightmares.I just want to just give her a hug so badly,she deserves all the love.

Big thanks to gotanda san for giving her the right piece of advice at such a young age even though it was cold truth. Then comes aqua offering the spotlight,understanding her and telling her what she needs to hear the most. Kana accepts and just responds to aqua. jumping at the spotlight with the most beautiful acting. Stars? na
Presenting you the Sun with the Galaxy Eyes <3

That entire sequence was colorful, vibrant and gorgeous, holy sht Doga kobo you cooked so hard *claps*
The audience be it the authors, Directors with their jaws open in shock, Ruby surprised, memcho smiling, everyone was just dazzled. She truly is the shining sun. Last but not the least her no.1 fan Akane was just fan girling all over and it was the most adorable thing ever <3 I am glad akane is happy finally got to see her idol kana chan back.

But all the dazzling positive scenes get really dark quickly and i loved the transition as the final scene approaches with saya himes death (death flag much?) and now its on aqua to deliver the performance which is also his biggest hurdle bringing out the emotions. Hes overcoming his panic attacks and ready to face on the ptsd, as per kana and gotandas suggestion using the negative aspect of acting without enjoying it at all and throwing yorself into the suffering.I see a lot of premonition in this as he turns to the dark side he doesnt care about anyone and wants to take down everyone be it Taiki, Kana or Akane as long as it gets him his revenge, which shows what he really wants in the end despite all that is happening around him. This kinda worries me but also gives excitement to see how it will turn out. Its all for AI after all nothing else matters to him right now.

Next episode will be the ending of the theatre show hopefully so looking forward to how the final delivery hits.

On a side note i like how gotanda san acts like he doesnt care but helps and cares for the kids around him. He really fits the father figure

Kipo0007Aug 21, 10:45 AM
Aug 21, 11:09 AM
Aug 2023
From the start, it seems to be a focus on Arima Kana and helping her come into the spotlight of the play.

But then, we also get to see how Aqua comes to terms with his acting as well, and his solidified motivation for it.

10/10 ep imo.
Aug 21, 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
The studio did not disappoint with that final scene. I was bracing myself but boy I was still at the edge of my seat!!
Aug 21, 11:15 AM

Jul 2017
The Kana flashback and in general, the placement and execution of flashbacks during these scenes in this arc feel too forced and heavy handed for my liking, almost too shounen-like for me like a standard, mediocre battle manga at times. This flashback in particular did not do much for me with her characterization. But once again, Doga Kobo working their magical wand and making this episode look absolutely gorgeous and filled with expressiveness towards Kana's less reserved acting and Aqua's different approach to his acting too stood out very well. The content can be good, bad or average in this arc but Doga Kobo and the staff involved with these last couple episodes have really knocked the adaptation out of the park. Direction was very impressive.
Aug 21, 11:32 AM

Mar 2018
exceeding my expectations each episode. i'm loving the adaptation for this arc; it is leagues better than season 1.
Aug 21, 11:41 AM
May 2023
This episode is good and I can not wait for the next one.
Aug 21, 11:50 AM
Apr 2023
So is he gonna bite of flesh of the other guy? Lol Aqua has gone feral
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 28

162 by levibigass »»
1 hour ago

» No new episode next week

Dbagas8 - Aug 28

28 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 14

169 by Comander-07 »»
Aug 30, 2:03 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

161 by Mr_Okarin »»
Aug 30, 12:40 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

187 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 30, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.