Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
Byakuya working had to prove herself. It's admirable and kinda cute.

However, I still think it's chemistry between her and Shun that sells this show. He just seems to not being able to keep a calm composure whenever she's around him.
Jul 16, 8:10 AM

Apr 2010
The life of a magical girl is hard.
Or at least that of the one the main is in love with, he doesn't have to easy either being disturbed by his subordinates all the time.
Now the question is what does the cat want.
Jul 16, 8:12 AM

Dec 2021
Yup, there he is. The typical Kyubey clone that has to be in EVERY mahou shoujo show. Looks like this time around, instead of trying to help the mahou shoujo, he just... embezzles it...

And you know what, for once, I didn't need a slime sexually assaulting our mahou shoujo... it just doesn't feel right when it's Mimori. She's to petite and pure for this(>﹏<)

Jul 16, 8:25 AM

Feb 2019
NOOO I THOUGHT THIS WAS A CUTE WHOLESOME SHOW, I WATCHED THE SLIME SCENE WITH MY MOM IN THE CAR LMAO 😭

Other than that, another short and sweet episode and we got to learn a bit more about Minori, particularly how overworked she is because of her manipulative and abusive kyubey-like cat. How dare he take advantage of someone as kind and pure as Minori, making her work all these different jobs including a night massage!

So many cute Minori scenes today, the Lieutenant is gonna need new glasses with how many times they cracked because of Minori’s cuteness 😂. Especially that scene at the end with her wearing his jacket! Such a cutie.

Fun episode
Marinate1016Jul 16, 8:33 AM
Jul 16, 8:30 AM
Aug 2020
another good episode

this dude is funny
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 16, 8:36 AM

Dec 2023
wasn't a fan of that slime groping scene :(

and the video camera joke was kind of funny...but could take it or leave it :P

otherwise a cute episode, I think the OP for this show is my favourite of the season!
Jul 16, 8:37 AM

May 2019
Damn, it looks like Mimori is being used and mistreated by a cat? Hopefully Shun takes care of that cat which would be a bit ironic considering he's the bad guy (but who can ignore the cute and wholesome Mimori).
Jul 16, 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
Having a portable and automatic change of clothes for a date has to be the most criminally underrated perk to being a magical girl. Having your finances be dominated by not-Kyubey, not so much.
Jul 16, 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
Once again, the Shun comes to see Mimori, who worked at Lawson (Japan's convenience store) for a part-time job, for a tea-time session. And yet, anything she can do for him, Shun feels elated, but Mimori having her own version of Kyubey to look after her finances, especially for a callgirl-type of job.

And as expected, slimes come to attack the populace, though Shun will NOT want to see Mimori being played by it, saving her and lending his jacket to her. Shun is truly kind, though he can't resist Mimori's cuteness.

Still, the Kyubey clone does feel like a menace incoming...
Jul 16, 9:38 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to YordaTrico
wasn't a fan of that slime groping scene :(

and the video camera joke was kind of funny...but could take it or leave it :P

otherwise a cute episode, I think the OP for this show is my favourite of the season!
@YordaTrico I wasn't a fan either. This might be one of the few times that I'd rather not have ANY fanservice at all in the entire series.
Either way it was an amazing episode as usual.
Jul 16, 9:47 AM

Mar 2013
MC: The Magical Girl is Mine. 😆

is scum here as well... 😤😑
CrazyButNot4UJul 16, 9:52 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 16, 10:38 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
How does one mans glasses snap from cuteness overload? I've always wondered that in anime. But it still ad to the comedic relief which I enjoy.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 16, 10:51 AM

Sep 2016
So, his organization is evil, hers is also evil.

At this point they need to rebel together and just be with each other.
bruh
Jul 16, 11:04 AM

Jun 2017
This is peak. The minions with the autistic screeching are hilarious. lol
Jul 16, 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
Mimori's cute, way too adorable. The transformation scene was great again and sweet stuff otherwise. That cat's bad news though.
Jul 16, 11:26 AM

Feb 2007
That cat seriously needs to die... >_>
Jul 16, 11:27 AM

May 2021
Interesting premise which admittedly we've already seen recently but main character is stupidly annoying with his overreactions and constant screaming.
Jul 16, 11:59 AM
Aug 2015
i love this so much and i hate that its 12 minutes long. I NEED MORE
Jul 16, 12:24 PM

Jan 2022
Still one of the cutest things this season. Hell yeah
I like everything, ok
Jul 16, 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
He needs to kill that cat asap.
Jul 16, 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
That damned cat may be the most evil character of the series lol. Don't think he's taking the girl's money for good reasons.
Jul 16, 2:52 PM

Jun 2023
Oh nonono that cat worries me
Jul 16, 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
Mr. lieutenant is gonna have to kill a cat.
Jul 16, 3:11 PM

Oct 2016
Man... I was just thinking "aw this is cute :)" then they showed the slime scene...
Jul 16, 3:13 PM
Jul 2024
The minions are absolutely hilarious and my favorite part of the show. I also love the aesthetic, as well as the base concept (I enjoyed Love After World Domination, for example).

But almost everything else about the show is kind of creeping me out, I have to admit. I hate to drop a show that makes me laugh, but I don't know if I can handle some of these exploitative themes and implications.

I think I wanted this to be Mr. Villain's Day Off but with romance, but it doesn't feel remotely that wholesome to me.
Jul 16, 4:47 PM
Jan 2024
I love this series. Mimori is just too cute she definitely doesn't need to be working that many jobs, especially that sketchy massage one. Hopefully, the not so evil lieutenant gets a hold of the cat that's taking advantage of her.
Jul 16, 5:55 PM

Jan 2016
That cat seems like an abusive pimp
Lieutenant seems like a meme
Byakuya will spook us when she Bankai!
He won... until magical girl got caught in slimes... She won the battle by being caught.
4/5, dumb anime that am enjoying enough and they times episodes appropriately for how dumb it is.

Jul 16, 6:39 PM
Feb 2021
Wasn't expecting that slime scene, it didn't disturb me that much because I'm just used to it from watching too much anime lol. But it just kind of felt unnecessary for this kind of show I guess 🤷‍♀️. The cat being a pimp was pretty funny tho.
Jul 16, 9:42 PM
Apr 2024
Looked like the cat is using her for his own purpose, I hope Mr. Evil guy deal with him soon. Love this series so far, too bad it's short.
Jul 16, 9:45 PM

Apr 2009
The cat acting like a yakuza or pimp might be my favorite gag so far. It's so over the top and against type it just gets me every single time.

The magical girl is kind of all around in over her head and hopeless, at some point Evil Lieutenant is going to have to step up and take care of her. At least she got to do something for him this time patching the coat. Her wearing that coat that's too big for her was off the charts adorable.
Jul 16, 10:39 PM
Apr 2016
So funny, loved when the slime scene came on and his glassed broke 😂 ialso that cat is sus as f . Sat there smoking and has control of her money and what jobs she does 👀
Jul 17, 12:48 AM
Feb 2024
Loving this series. Really looking forward to the rest of it.

This walmart Kyubey is proving to me what I tended to think about most animal companions in magical girl anime; either they are freeloading scumbags or useless as heck.
Jul 17, 1:41 AM
Sep 2012
I don't trust that kitty—very sus little creature.

Also, oh my god, I am shipping Magical Girl x Evil Lieutenant. 🥰🥰
Jul 17, 2:27 AM

Mar 2011
I understand this is not to be taken seriously and supposed to be different from your typical magical girl... But the secret identity is kind of very vital for every magical girl and it's just completely done away with in the second episode... wow. I feel like there is so much potential for conflicts for this premise but that's not the focus of this story and from the perspective of story-telling and character establishment and development that's just poorly done and a little sad because I really like the concept and animation is flawless too.

And what the... was that once part of that one scene I want to delete from my brain?

Other than that it's cute and a fun watch. But I'm not sure if I can get behind the missed oppotunities. Come on, you have the ingredients for an amazing enemies-to-lovers story. Do something with it!

The cat who made her a magical girl is totally evil btw. So far the only character with a proper establishment (which doesn't mean I don't like the main characters or they don't have potential).

I know sometimes I'm way too critical while watching/reading something. Kind of a bad habit of a writer...
Wildflower3Jul 17, 2:31 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jul 17, 9:42 AM

May 2015
An abusive mascot neko? Huh, that's interesting.

Love how otherwise cute the show is, and Evil Lt is so funny.
Jul 17, 11:17 AM
Jul 2014
They don't even try to hide their pedophilia anymore. Could have been cute & funny if it is wasn't for this...
Jul 17, 2:24 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to gemini-hana
They don't even try to hide their pedophilia anymore. Could have been cute & funny if it is wasn't for this...
@gemini-hana have to agree with you, I was so excited for this show as I really love a cute funny romance, one great example from last season was An Archdemon's Dilemma, sure I would age up the MCs a bit if it was my story...but female 16 / male 17 is nothing problematic at the end of the day, and overall the show was very clean with only 1 or 2 silly scenes, but nothing like groping.

Unfortunately it seems this show is going to massively cross the line based on the likelihood of female MC being 15 (I just found this out yesterday) and male MC being 27, plus the weird kind of scenes like the slime one we saw in E2.

So I have NOPED out of this show for now, I have marked it as "on hold" with a final small hope that the anime version ends up being "aged up" vs the manga, but unless that is confirmed I don't want to watch anymore. There are far too many of these grooming stories going on in manga and too many so quick to accept and even defend it.

Jul 17, 4:02 PM
Jul 2024
So cute!! The eps are only 12min long but still- we’re getting some really good shoujo this season!
Jul 17, 4:02 PM
Jul 2024
So cute!! The eps are only 12min long but still- we’re getting some really good shoujo this season!
Jul 17, 4:46 PM
Mar 2024
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Damn, it looks like Mimori is being used and mistreated by a cat? Hopefully Shun takes care of that cat which would be a bit ironic considering he's the bad guy (but who can ignore the cute and wholesome Mimori).

Was just about to say
Jul 18, 8:34 AM

Jan 2008
Slimes are pretty great.
Jul 18, 2:26 PM
Mar 2022
The familiar being a hard core loan shark 💀
Being a magical girl is really not such a good thing after all lol 😂
Jul 18, 5:50 PM

Jul 2022
Nah, I don't believe you, in the end the cat is a miserable mtf
Jul 19, 2:38 AM
May 2024
wasn't a fan of the slime fanservice.. hope fanservicing her isnt a recurring theme in this show cause magical girl fanservice never sits right with me ngl
Jul 20, 11:44 PM
Dec 2022
this has to be the most realistic magical anime girl yet. girlie practically got scammed into being a magical girl 😭✋

bruh it straight up reminds me of madoka magica in that aspect
Jul 22, 3:01 AM
Feb 2022
super great and the lieutentant flustering is super funni
Jul 23, 5:56 AM

Mar 2024
I have to admit I got a little bit of the ick after seeing that slime scene, I think the anime will be great as long we won’t get too much of these fanservice scenes. I just feel like it doesn’t belong in an anime like this one.

Lol also I never expected a cute little kitty would be the one mistreating Mimori XD
Jul 23, 11:46 AM

Nov 2009
ROFL @ the "One more time" after she transforms.

Dude wants to record the entire scene, including parts we don't see (IE: her full naked body after the old cloth disappears and before the new one appears)

BTW, I think she's 16+. Since she mentioned "my old middle school uniform" and she has actual "work cards" (which people under 16 can't have or work in)

Also... what exactly does the Slime do? Seems less harmful than the dragon they showed back in episode 1, LOL.

But... the slimes did some sort of "slime tentacle" on the mahou shoujo... NICE SLIMES

(too bad, the dude destroyed his own monster that was winning... welp, better not let the boss found out) (is there even a boss? I am under the impression this guy is one of the top guys in the evil organization...)

Also... the end scene... oh god... this like a NTR scene where the girl comes back from a date with her boy friend, but she's actually in a relationship with someone else in her apartment...

(especially they gave the impression the Cat's like a old dude that's just drinking and smoking and will abuse the girl at night)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 26, 1:43 PM

Sep 2020
Yes! The reason I watch anime!! Girls getting molested!

I want to post a pic of Byakuya getting molested by that slime but the site I use won't let me upload. I wonder why. Oh well, you all saw it so it's no big deal.
Internet's most principled sociopath.
Jul 28, 3:44 AM
Mar 2020
XD XD How ridiculous is this anime going to get? I love it!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27

37 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20

38 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 6

47 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30

35 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23

47 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.