Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 30, 2010 6:59 PM
Jan 30, 2010 8:16 PM

Jul 2009
And that happy person is happy you? Oh wow, I'm the 101st poster, just like that story of 101 Danish bitches, yay, SO HAPPY!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 30, 2010 9:05 PM

Aug 2008
No, not me, any one of the people that are in love with the show.
Jan 30, 2010 9:48 PM

Nov 2008
BitchMaster said:
And that happy person is happy you? Oh wow, I'm the 101st poster, just like that story of 101 Danish bitches, yay, SO HAPPY!!!

BitchMaster, you seem awfully happy all over the forums today. Really, really happy. Almost, trollishly happy.

I'm just saying...
Jan 31, 2010 1:38 AM

Jan 2009
Maximatum99 said:
BitchMaster said:
BitchMaster, you seem awfully happy all over the forums today. Really, really happy. Almost, trollishly happy.

I'm just saying...
Well obviously something must've happened >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 31, 2010 4:50 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Maximatum99 said:
BitchMaster said:

I'm just saying...
Well obviously something must've happened >.>
Must be sex with a girl or sudden money winning.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 31, 2010 5:43 AM

Mar 2009
how illogical.

carl says "the glas wants to be in this shape sdfffjdsagui" and then she can play? if that could happen, every 2nd idiot would play a music instrument. the show is just bad, seems to get more illogical from episode to episode.
Jan 31, 2010 7:12 AM

Jan 2010
BitchMaster said:

Moe...
Jan 31, 2010 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

Money? Not something worth for me to be happy about considering my position.

Sex? With a girl? LOL....just LOL...

Jan 31, 2010 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:

Money? Not something worth for me to be happy about considering my position.

Sex? With a girl? LOL....just LOL...

Maybe u guys have forgotten but this is anime discussion thread.

btw @Bitchmaster, Luka sucks, Miku is better ;]

Sakurei said:
how illogical.

carl says "the glas wants to be in this shape sdfffjdsagui" and then she can play? if that could happen, every 2nd idiot would play a music instrument. the show is just bad, seems to get more illogical from episode to episode.

Nah, just enjoy the music not thinking logically. Music is the best thing about this show after all.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 31, 2010 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:
Maybe u guys have forgotten but this is anime discussion thread.

I have no idea what are you talking about but sure, you're entitled to your opinion even if that may be far away from the truth.... 8-)
BitchMasterJan 31, 2010 5:31 PM

Jan 31, 2010 5:32 PM

Nov 2008
OrochiPL said:

I agree, however, Luka is more of an "older sister" type which symbolizes dominance although BitchMaster doesn't seem to know who that character is.
Jan 31, 2010 5:37 PM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
OrochiPL said:

I agree, however, Luka is more of an "older sister" type which symbolizes dominance although BitchMaster doesn't seem to know who that character is.

He knows, still i don't know what he meant by:
BitchMaster said:
have no idea what are you talking about
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 31, 2010 5:46 PM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
OrochiPL said:

I don't think any of these girls can beat Kanata....she is way better and cuter. Prove me wrong with pics of these girls.....:P

Jan 31, 2010 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
I don't think any of these girls can beat Kanata....she is way better and cuter. Prove me wrong with pics of these girls.....:P

Fancis... you just crossed the line.
Expect a post on your profile.

Edit: Fuck it. Too much work.
Maximatum99Jan 31, 2010 10:49 PM
Jan 31, 2010 9:40 PM

Sep 2007
What? Already denouncing them even though he doesn't even know who Luka or Miku is? Terrible.
Jan 31, 2010 9:52 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
OrochiPL said:

Kanata is cute, Noel is cuter.
as for vocaloids, Rin Kagamine is the cutest
AsunyanJan 31, 2010 9:56 PM
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Jan 31, 2010 10:01 PM

Oct 2008
Just so everyone knows, ANN just posted a review of the first four episodes of So-Ra-No-Wo-To (apparently called "Sounds of the Skies." Seriously wished someone would've told me sooner that there was a literal translation to the title). And it was exactly what I thought.... "moe in military uniforms."

Seriously though. Yes, obviously by looking at the character designs and personalities, it's something that anime fans who know and appreciate moe don't mind and that causal viewers may wonder "okay it's... soothing, but is there a point?" Though I like how this show doesn't seem to imply, "sorry ordinary people, the moe here is our biggest selling point. Don't like it, well then you just don't get it." It feels as if I don't have to force my brain to grasp what is the specific appeal in this anime in order to like it, unlike other anime shows.
HypeathonJan 31, 2010 10:04 PM
Jan 31, 2010 10:42 PM

Aug 2009
Summary of 4 episodes: BORING.

I can see some people is holding the argument of 'this is slice of life genre lol so it is not for any lol'. This anime is no where near Haibane Renmei or Mushishi. Slice of life should not make us boring; they have to be revolving around the original story and interesting development on each episode as a whole. This? Military girls who masters dumb dumb trumpet for just talking with big glass guy for 10 seconds? Is that what we call 'interesting development'?.

I mean, what the hell are you doing aniplex. This show is pretty obvious that has taken so much funding. High budget background quality, moe look alikes, Kanata Yui ripping, quality music, decent seiyuus doesn't matter. Plot is so monotonous and there is nothing interesting going on yet. There are so much other beautiful animes that manage to keep up with great plot from the start to the end, without high production quality.

Producers practically 'failed' to produce the dark and bitter-sweat mood what they seem to be intended when they started this project. Kanata and silence moe does babblings. Suddenly, boy comes and say, 'I HAT U!! U KILLED MY PARENTS!! GO TO HELL!!' then runs away.

I mean, what are they doing? What the hell is the point of watching this? When I say 'point', most of the anime has its messages, or at least a purpose. Even lucky star has a purpose of promoting loli services and the strength of comedic parody. This anime? Is it trying to say sorrowfulness of the war?', Is it promoting moe? Multicultural whatever things? This is why plot's going no-where. Failure to find the key concept that keeps the animes in the right position.

Character is nothing interesting but stereotypical. Story is dull. Pacing is slow. Atmosphere and mood is just blending everything horribly. I'm going to watch it till the end, just to see how this monotonous plot goes far.
ringoo4Jan 31, 2010 10:50 PM
Jan 31, 2010 10:54 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
What? Already denouncing them even though he doesn't even know who Luka or Miku is? Terrible.

Yeah, when my body goes low of fuel reserves I lose my cool fast, but then I remember it isn't worth it.
Feb 1, 2010 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
... 'It must be the same with tanks. I think the Blabla-tank is nice.' Rofl, moe talk. Tanks aren't nice. They are meant to destroy. Che.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Feb 1, 2010 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
DragonsWhip said:
... 'It must be the same with tanks. I think the Blabla-tank is nice.' Rofl, moe talk. Tanks aren't nice. They are meant to destroy. Che.

That doesn't mean it can't look pretty :D
Feb 1, 2010 4:30 PM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
DragonsWhip said:

That doesn't mean it can't look pretty :D

Oh, and maybe it's cute...?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 1, 2010 6:29 PM

Apr 2009
Wahhh Noel <3
Feb 1, 2010 9:24 PM

Feb 2008
Cute episode. Nothing more. Meh.
Feb 1, 2010 10:43 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Why not point me in the right direction then and tell me who they are or what anime I should see to find them in.....
Hypeathon said:
Just so everyone knows, ANN just posted a review of the first four episodes of So-Ra-No-Wo-To (apparently called "Sounds of the Skies." Seriously wished someone would've told me sooner that there was a literal translation to the title). And it was exactly what I thought.... "moe in military uniforms."
Is it meant as make not war but be cute thing?

Feb 2, 2010 1:21 AM

Jan 2009
^Ahahah~ Gave me a great laugh : D
And also tl;dr war isn't cute, it's war, and nothing else ^^ So in that case, this whole anime is just wrong : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 2, 2010 8:13 AM

Oct 2009
man this ep was a snorefest i liked the ending through
Feb 2, 2010 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
Why not point me in the right direction then and tell me who they are or what anime I should see to find them in....

Because it's totally pointless when we already knew your preferences as well as the fact that you're more special than others?

Feb 2, 2010 9:20 PM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
Why not point me in the right direction then and tell me who they are or what anime I should see to find them in....

Because it's totally pointless when we already knew your preferences as well as the fact that you're more special than others?
No, that's not right....I am a simple French farmer....nothing special there.

Feb 2, 2010 10:32 PM

Mar 2009
Another great episode!! I was hoping she was gonna play amazing grace, but I'm sure they're saving that for later. It was still epic though. I'm starting to like Noel more, and her development was nice. I wonder how she was "betrayed"? Urahara Out!!
Feb 3, 2010 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:

Umm...

Anime that has Miku and Luca?...

umm.

Feb 3, 2010 4:44 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Jacut said:
I've been bored in my life, but rarely as much as watching an episode of Sora no Woto. It just doesn't make sense to me how Aniplex/A1 could make such an anime, with great production values and high budget and just forget to make a plot or interesting development and characters. The show won't sell abroad (probably won't even be licensed) and will probably not sell well domestically, so I we can't really say they did it for money either. A true mystery to me.

All the other recent great slice of life shows like Kino no Tabi, Haibane Renmei or Mushishi have something special about their characters and a truly unique plot and atmosphere. Sora no Woto is just... dull and slow.

Marry me.

Anyways...I really tried not to let the way music is approached in the show bother me, but this episode just kind of sent me over the top. Instead of seeing her develop into a good bugle player (which is much harder to master than the trumpet), she gets a speech from a glass artisan and then magically plays competently. I already loathed the fact that she has perfect pitch, yet little to no concept of music/how to play her instrument, but I was willing to let all of that go if they could succeed where K-On disastrously failed and bother to actually develop one of the core elements of the show besides moe.

Oh well. I was wrong.
I've been involved with various forms of music ensembles in my long life, from high school bands to drum corps. I understand the problem that Kanata was having with regards to her playing her bugle. I've seen it myself. She was trying way to hard to play that it had a negative effect on her embouchure and playing technique. BTW, playing a bugle is no harder than a trumpet, sans the valves (I've done both...no difference except for lack of back pressure from bugles).

As the instructors I've been involved with if you play tense your tone will be bad and will notes will crack. I was taught to play relax, especially in the face and shoulder area. In the speech Kanata was given the glass meister said the exact same thing, just relax. Don't be tight. You do that the notes will come out. Now combine this with her perfect pitch we saw that she can play as it should.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 4, 2010 3:31 PM
Jun 2008
This episode showed me that effort does bring results! (Or not XD)
rodrigohmuFeb 4, 2010 3:34 PM
Feb 6, 2010 5:21 PM

May 2008
Is it just me, or does Noel remind anyone else of Yuki from Haruhi?

Also, Noel said "Back when life still existed in the sea." o_O Does that mean the ocean doesn't have any fish in it? I don't quite understand that considering they had little crabs and fish on a plate in episode 3. Maybe I understood it wrong.

Feb 8, 2010 4:07 AM
Aug 2009
Got bored of watching anime with countless number of pointless unnecessary deaths, men with unlimited gallons of blood, people puking out blood, flying f#kkin' giant robots and stuffs.. then I watched this one, and my soul is fully purified by Noel Tepes' adorableness and the soothing environment of this show..

SnW is exactly a fine anime, it's just that too many plotwhores and violencefags have spawned among all human beings.

Hell, if any of you are still going to b#tch on why the troops haven't been engaged in any wars or go FPS, it is most likely you guys missed what Kureha said in ep02.
Feb 8, 2010 4:48 PM

Dec 2007
The plot is starting to move slowly, but I liked this pace of this series. It was beautiful, enjoyable episode. I strongly think the setting is certainly post-apocalyptic, but it is not dark and serious.
Feb 8, 2010 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
manchester said:
I'm somewhere in between loving and hating this show.
So you're indifferent.

Anyways, the post-apocalyptic thing seems rather odd for a show like this. But I would really like to complain about the cliff with the box-like rocks and stuff. "There is no such thing as right angles in nature... except for salt."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2010 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
Meh, nothing really happened worth mentioning in this episode, pretty boring. It was nice to hear that trumpet solo though.
May 10, 2010 1:07 AM
Apr 2009
Very much loving the theme and aesthetics. Hoping the story develops just right, and this will be real good. =)
Sep 25, 2010 10:01 PM

Dec 2009
Probably the best episode so far. I hope I like the upcomming episodes even better.
Nov 30, 2010 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
Noël made the whole episode. Apart from that, not much happened. Kanata’s sudden perfect mastering of the bugle bothered me.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 10, 2010 4:47 PM

Aug 2010
I actually liked this episode. I don't see why it bothers people that Kanata was able to play the bugle well in this episode. She has been practicing ever since she got to the base.
Jan 14, 2012 2:59 AM
Jul 2009
Noël said that there was no life in the sea nowadays. However, in the previous episode they had a crab on the dinner table when they were eating... Hummmm...
Jan 14, 2012 3:01 AM
Jul 2009
KayChan4U said:
Is it just me, or does Noel remind anyone else of Yuki from Haruhi?

Also, Noel said "Back when life still existed in the sea." o_O Does that mean the ocean doesn't have any fish in it? I don't quite understand that considering they had little crabs and fish on a plate in episode 3. Maybe I understood it wrong.

Ah, you had already pointed that out. ^.^
Apr 1, 2012 7:17 AM
Nov 2011
beautiful episode. Kanata has it figured now I think. Cool. Time for something bad to happen though. Last episode was too upbeat LOL
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 2, 2012 9:48 AM

Feb 2012
So perfect pitch is the key to making military-grade optical lenses? Sure, I'll bite.

I like post-apocalyptic stories that don't use info-dump exposition at the beginning of the story to tell you how and why the world got to be the way it is. Sora no Woto is revealing small bits of information here and there, and that's the way it should be.
Sep 3, 2012 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
She somehow got a million times better. LOL
Oct 1, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, I guess the talent just sprung out of her. Screw training, all you need is talent. Wish for talent for your dreams to come trueee!!!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 19, 2012 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
Still love this series. Despite the somewhat mixed opinions in the comment section, (seems like people were expecting too much out of this series), I am completely enjoying this series. Haven't caught myself smiling watching an anime this much since K-ON! Sure, maybe a little cliche cast, but I still enjoy it. Can't wait to see what else this series has in store.

I also wonder about Noel's past as well. I wonder if there is more behind her expression when that kid was talking crap to them. Makes me think her parents might have died in war too.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

porkypink - Jan 4, 2010

384 by Ui »»
May 8, 11:31 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.