Forum Settings
Forums

Do you consider yourself as- Anime Guy, Manga Guy or Neutral

New
Yesterday, 9:24 PM

Jul 2023
Neutral

I usually read those manga which have slim possibility to receive an adaptation but along that I also watch anime and if I really like the series than I start the manga of that anime from where the adaptation ends. So, yeah, I think I am neutral in this case.

In another case, I started with anime and still I watch anime more than I read manga. So, I prefer anime over manga. But as statistics, it's kind of unreasonable. So, either way it neutral.
nirererinToday, 5:24 AM
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Yesterday, 9:30 PM

Dec 2021
Lucky I'm an Anime Guy!

Lucky there's a man who.

Positively can do.

All the things that make us.

D e p r e s s e d .

Why do you gotta make that face, man?! It's just water!!!
Daviljoe193Yesterday, 9:35 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

May 2019
It depends, but generally i'm more of anime guy because i like watching motion animation with sound instead of static drawings with text.

Yesterday, 9:38 PM

Feb 2020
"Do you comsider yourself as- Anime Guy, Manga Guy or Neutral"

Definitely anime.

SerafosYesterday, 9:48 PM
Yesterday, 9:40 PM

Feb 2009
Anime for mainstream action shounen stuff because there is nothing like experiencing that animated when done right, the music, the emotion, the hype to the fights, you cannot experience that when reading it. As for manga when it comes down to the compelling stories that don't involve the kind of action shounen and more brutal seinen series may have I am all for manga and LNs. So all in all I am neutral, but it solely depends on the type that I will refuse to read and instead watch.
Yesterday, 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
I'm a "things that can hold my interest" guy. Little long. Still working on it.
Yesterday, 9:47 PM

Sep 2012
Neutral, I watch a lot more anime than the rest but I regularly read manga and sometimes Light Novels too.
Yesterday, 9:55 PM

Feb 2020
I'd say visual novels are the peak form of entertainment coming out of japan
visual novel guy

just need to read more of em

Yesterday, 9:55 PM

Nov 2013
I like both for different reasons.

Anime adds many different components of "art" to a work. You have acting, animation, music, color, and many other vibrant additions which can be a great collective.

However, with so many aspects of quality, it's easier for individual weaknesses to impact the work as a whole. This is where I feel manga excels. You have fewer variables, so when a mangaka is very talented, you can have some truly jaw dropping panels. Sometimes the visuals are also more striking in the original mangaka's art style.
Yesterday, 9:58 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to DoisacChopper
I'd say visual novels are the peak form of entertainment coming out of japan
visual novel guy

just need to read more of em
@DoisacChopper I feel like it's been a while since a VN really made a big splash. I'm also a fan of this artform.
Yesterday, 9:58 PM

Nov 2020
I'm common guy.

I watched anime that only popular on social media and I hecking love goku.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to TheDarkLordOtaku
@DoisacChopper I feel like it's been a while since a VN really made a big splash. I'm also a fan of this artform.
@TheDarkLordOtaku

vns have a lot more room for creativity and character development, developing a proper story and everything

making a big splash doesn't matter a ton, I kind of don't want the medium to be too popular since what's happened with manga and anime generally taming down a lot of source materials and all
some vns could never be in manga or anime form due to the contents but that's great hmmhmm

Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to DoisacChopper
@TheDarkLordOtaku

vns have a lot more room for creativity and character development, developing a proper story and everything

making a big splash doesn't matter a ton, I kind of don't want the medium to be too popular since what's happened with manga and anime generally taming down a lot of source materials and all
some vns could never be in manga or anime form due to the contents but that's great hmmhmm
@DoisacChopper Yes. I too appreciate a good VN with contents a bit too wild for the general public. ;)
Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Jan 2023
I'd say I'm more of an anime guy personally, but I enjoy a lot mangas -and light novels- too :)
Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Mar 2008
Guy? I barely even feel human anymore.

I spend more time on anime though. I do enjoy manga primarily for artwork when detailed and sometimes stories you wouldnt see often in anime but anime is more full package to me.
Yesterday, 10:30 PM

May 2023
Statistically, I'd be a anime-guy since they top the numbers... but my love both mediums is impartial, that way I'd be neutral..
Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Oct 2018
My first priority is anime, then visual novel, then manga and last the light Novel. So yeah, I'm anime guy.
Yesterday, 10:36 PM
Apr 2024
Anime and manga are both great and are ay they're best when they utilise their medium's capabilities, but I have to give the edge to manga since most modern anime are adaptations, and while good adaptations deserve high respect, I feel like I just have more respect to original stories, also there are just stories better fit to one medium, pmmm won't work as well as a manga and dead dead demon's anime while good can't compare to the manga (still great)
Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Jun 2024
Anime, But the manga and light novel I just started out I'm most read Manga that not included on anime.
Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Oct 2019
I consider myself an anime guy, because anime is my preferred medium, and there are very few manga that I've read before they got an anime adaptation.
Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Oct 2021
I'm more of an anime guy, but I've started to read more manga than before. Nonetheless, I still don't think I'll ever become a manga guy.
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
anime guy but if ever manga becomes fully colored i will start consuming it more
Yesterday, 11:31 PM

Apr 2020
I'm mostly an anime guy but I read manga too from time to time
Today, 12:04 AM

Nov 2021
both anime guy as well as manga reader, I like both medium for different reasons. Sometimes i even read the manga that already got anime adaptation, I also collect the physical copies of my favourite manga.

Today, 12:09 AM

Feb 2020
I like both but I have really bad concentration and get distracted easily.
Currently I find it easier watching Anime than reading Manga.
Today, 12:13 AM

May 2024
I'm more of an anime guy. I did start reading manga way after I started watching anime, however I still prefer anime as the best way to consume a majority of stories.
Today, 12:18 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to DoisacChopper
@TheDarkLordOtaku

@DoisacChopper I am really sad that I have hard time reading VNs since they truly sound like a very interesting and unique concept
Today, 1:45 AM
Awkward Fellow

Oct 2018
Definitely anime as I’ve been a fan of animation as a medium even before discovering anime.
Today, 2:14 AM

Sep 2016
Anime guy, sound and motion is important to me.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Today, 5:32 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to Halqifibrax
I'm common guy.

I watched anime that only popular on social media and I hecking love goku.
Halqifibrax said:
I watched anime that only popular on social media

I also started watching "Oshi no ko" S1 because of the huge popularity in social media (especially of the ep 1). ultimately, social media platforms are existed to influence our thinking.

Today, 6:08 AM
Apr 2017
300+ completed anime
15 manga

Though in fairness, I've definitely been reading more manga as of late than I've been watching anime, funnily enough. Mostly mangas that I watched the anime of and wanted to know how they ended, but also some that have had no anime adaptation just yet.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Today, 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
I'm a girl who is rather neutral since both the animation and graphic novel format that manga uses have their own strengths and weaknesses
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Today, 10:57 AM

Jul 2023
LSSJ_Gaming said:
I'm a girl who is rather neutral since both the animation and graphic novel format that manga uses have their own strengths and weaknesses

I used guy as a middle ground, but after ur comment it made me wonder- I shouldn't use just guy, but also gal.

Then the thread topic would be like anime guy/gal or manga guy/gal. lol

11 hours ago

Sep 2007
I'm pretty much an Anime Guy as I barely/hardly read manga or LN for that matter.
6 hours ago

Sep 2019
I guess neutral since I don't really prefer one over the other.
6 hours ago

Jan 2021
I'm anime guy, as for free time anime is a little easier than manga for me personally.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
5 hours ago

Jul 2022
I'd just flip a coin whatever it lands on head for anime day or on tails for manga day

4 hours ago

Oct 2014
I do read manga, but I consume way more anime than manga.
3 hours ago

Nov 2016
Definitely a manga guy and apparently the only one in this thread lol

My last anime update was over six months ago and I can't gather any motivation to watch any shows or movies on my own whether it's live-action or animated. Listening to music and reading has taken over that hobby completely for now. Although I'm also neutral in the sense that I don't think there's anything wrong with anime but it's a very strong personal preference.
3 hours ago

Jun 2022
I'm neutral but I lean more towards anime naturally. Manga isn't bad by any means though
3 hours ago
May 2012
Anime.
I think I've touched a couple of manga in my whole life, I tried to read one online but it bores me, even Vomics bore me.
3 hours ago

Jul 2023
Reply to Kiryotsu
I'd just flip a coin whatever it lands on head for anime day or on tails for manga day
@Kiryotsu I flipped the coin nd it's head. So this is ur anime day, also an anime guy for a day. Lol

2 hours ago

Sep 2022
I like anime, I almost never read manga.
2 hours ago

May 2021
I'm more of an anime guy myself. I do enjoy manga, I haven't read much though.

I'd really like to get into more LN's and manga. I just don't have the space for physical books at the moment so I'm holding off.
1 hour ago
Jan 2023
at the moment I'm roughly equal, going by my profile, but I think going forward I will gradually start to favor manga. It just feels like less of a commitment to read manga than watch anime, especially with longer series. I'm reeeeeeeal lazy when it comes to watching stuff, only just watched Breaking Bad last/this year, and it took me like 6 months or something crazy like that.

I can read 1-2 volumes on a typical day, more if I have more free time, and while it's not a race, it just kinda feels better for me to be able to read at my own pace. Not even bothered really by lack of color, maybe briefly as a kid, but I quickly got over it. Not to mention sometimes the changes made in an adaptation can be annoying, or some moments just don't hit as effectively as in the manga.

It must sound like I hate anime, but definitely not so xD I tend to favor source material first, but often I will do both, and sometimes anime first. And of course there are anime originals, some of my favorite series are those. And sometimes anime is better at eliciting emotional reactions, like I think I've cried at anime far more than manga, but then again hype is universal I think, lol.
バンバンババン (野蛮回路)
22 minutes ago

Feb 2021
I prefer reading light novels over manga

More topics from this board

» Do you take anime seriously?

Zakatsuki_ - 12 hours ago

34 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» Do you have a crush on any of the voice actors? or just their voice?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

10 by bucciest »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » would you do anime related work?

nishant0 - Today

11 by ALEXxAMI »»
3 minutes ago

» Are you able to associate with people who buys Weird Anime Merch?

Dragevard - Jul 22

27 by Adnash »»
9 minutes ago

» Dub vs. Sub: The Story Behind Your Preference ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 8

101 by Guilmon1 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.