Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 1:47 PM
May 2020
I'll get you and your little jellyfish too!
Jun 1, 1:53 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@Marinate1016 I hardly disagree here. Mahiru warned Kano, she tried to find out the truth and she explained properly her motivation. Kano, on the other hand, was right during the whole situation in her previous unit but this time she behaved like idiot: refused to explaine the situation with her mother and what really happened and after hearing Mahirus decigion she only blamed her with betrayel and made a scene insterad of, once again, trying to actually talk out the situation.

I am sure it will turn out that Kanos mokm is a big bad and the girls will mend things up because this how it is by the tropes. But I will ber really disappointed if Kano just gets forgiven without any redeeming arc and Mahiru will be pictured at fault here.
@Nachtwandler_21 why even take someone who starts the post with "peak Yuri" seriously. I can't imagine how superficially someone has to be watching this to call YoruKura a yuri anime or say such a bold statement
Jun 1, 2:12 PM

Aug 2022
This episode went crazy, Yoru, Kano and Kiwi are all such compelling character's. For me personally I'm invested most in Yoru I can relate to her most cause I myself like drawing so she really resonates with me. I'm curious to see how this goes next episode. Such a good story.
Jun 1, 2:24 PM

Aug 2022
Reply to Marinate1016
Letterbox effect just hits so different in episodes like this. Masterful use of direction and cinematography. One of the most gut wrenching episodes I’ve seen recently.

Finally got Kano backstory and the world doesn’t deserve her. The way she idolised her mother and just wanted her acceptance while her mom couldn’t even be bothered to show up to her class on presentation day just broke my heart.. most parents would kill for a kid as pure and obedient as Kano, and her mom only cared about using her to further her career, gross.

Mahiru rep took a major hit in this one for me. She’s gonna have to redeem herself. Came off very snakey. Mfs are upset about me saying it, but planning all this stuff with Yukine when you know she and Kano aren’t on good terms and Kano has had some family issues in the past is very snakey to me! Yes, I get that she wants to advance her own career and grow to love her art and herself, that’s very valid, but I’m not working with my best friend’s mom who I know she has beef with or at least aren’t on good terms. It’s just messy.

And even during Mahiru and Yukine meeting you can already see signs. Like when Mahiru brought up Kano and she’s like “oh you mean Nonoka” she don’t even see her daughter as a person just as a commodity or product. Just like she sees Mahiru’s art the same. Calling Mahiru “sensei” and gassing her shit up.. she’s not slick man 💀 she’ll turn on you just like she did Kano when it’s no longer convenient.

The other thing for me is if you really feel like you doing nothing wrong, you wouldn’t even feel the need to call Kano and get her blessing. The fact Mahiru did that tells me she knew this was something that she probably shouldn’t be doing. Kano was clearly skeptical otp about it too 🤷🏾‍♂️ do I think Mahiru is a horrible person? No, but she did some snake shit. But again, respect to Yaku sensei for creating a situation that could very much happen irl because girlfriends can be messy as hell.

Talked about all that and ain’t even get into Mero running the YouTube expose page. That’s so fucking gross and Kano was very justified for punching her in the face. I’d rather lose the right way than win the wrong way and kano clearly felt the same.

Now Kano did say some nasty shit at the end to Mahiru but you know, Mahiru deserved it 🤷🏾‍♂️ and Kano was just desperate to not lose the only friends she’s had. After seemingly finally escaping her loner past and developing relationships now she sees her closest friend potentially drifting away from her with her MOTHER of all people, the same mother who when told her daughter’s concerns about not having friends or fitting in just brought up her dream of selling out Tōkyō some. ofc she’d snap.

Could go on and on about it but it was amazing, didn’t even touch on everything I want to but I’m on vacation and need to go to the beach lmao. This episode fucked me up though. 10/10 as usual from my goat Yaku sensei. If there’s ever a Tomozaki s3 and 4 it’ll have stuff like this too.
@Marinate1016 I can see why you'd see Yoru as snakey this episode asking kano directly about her mother was insensitive but she did apologise after. I don't blame her for wanting to take the offer from Kano's mum. Of course she wants to improve herself I can really relate to that as I've practiced art a fair bit.

I do feel bad for Kano absolutely but I mean I feel if anything I feel like she was more insensitive this episode. especially with her outburst at the end. Although its understandable. Considering the whole thing with her mother. But she really shouldn't try shackle Yoru down imo

I seriously love how this show is going so far though. I'm curious how it will turn out next week.
Jun 1, 2:32 PM

Feb 2019
Nachtwandler_21 said:
@Marinate1016 I hardly disagree here. Mahiru warned Kano, she tried to find out the truth and she explained properly her motivation. Kano, on the other hand, was right during the whole situation in her previous unit but this time she behaved like idiot: refused to explaine the situation with her mother and what really happened and after hearing Mahirus decigion she only blamed her with betrayel and made a scene insterad of, once again, trying to actually talk out the situation.

I am sure it will turn out that Kanos mokm is a big bad and the girls will mend things up because this how it is by the tropes. But I will ber really disappointed if Kano just gets forgiven without any redeeming arc and Mahiru will be pictured at fault here.

You’re entitled to ur opinion
Jun 1, 2:34 PM

Jun 2023
Well that title drop came at a bad time
Jun 1, 3:01 PM
Mar 2013
I think the discussion and lots of disagreement for this episode is a proof of how good it is, each of us has our own opinion on it.
I agree with Mahiru, she did nothing wrong. As for Kano, she has a bit anger problem but I think it's inevitable that she would snap like that considering her background and all.
She grown in a broken home where her mother focus on her career, her father is a deadbeat, and currently lives with her sister who isn't a good example either. She has no friends as long as she lives, and it's also to be noted that during the flashback neither her parents was there on the class, Kano probably yearning for acceptance from anyone.

One thing I find disagreeing with others here though, is about Yukine.
She doesn't come of as a manipulative person to me, if anything she is as straight-forward as arrow. She just look at people talent and doesn't budge on things that getting on her way, I doubt Yukine even cared for a slight bit about Mahiru and Kano relation as she said. She just likes Mahiru's art in the same way Kano did.

The conclusion I draw on this episode is Kano is being jealous of both Yukine noticed Mahiru first rather than her 100k followers (which is twice Tokyo Dome's 50k seat) and Mahiru started going on her own way especially with Yukine's help. She is conflicted between her "girlfriend" and favorite mom and ended up hating on both lol

Also that ending credits? That's powerful...
Jun 1, 3:02 PM

Jun 2012
This episode has got me sitting on the edge of my seat. I'm tearing up from Kano's backstory and my heart just aches. Can't wait for next episode T^T
My 2023 Candies:

Bonus 2023 Candies:

Jun 1, 3:12 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Woah, this episode really surprised me. Yukine is really evil, she wasn't interested in her own child at all, she used Kano as a tool for success.
Jun 1, 3:14 PM
May 2017
This episode is pure excellence!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 1, 3:45 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to Ryushindai
@Nachtwandler_21 why even take someone who starts the post with "peak Yuri" seriously. I can't imagine how superficially someone has to be watching this to call YoruKura a yuri anime or say such a bold statement
@Ryushindai Right? Where is this yuri people are seeing? Kano and Yoru are just roommates.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 1, 3:57 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Marinate1016
Letterbox effect just hits so different in episodes like this. Masterful use of direction and cinematography. One of the most gut wrenching episodes I’ve seen recently.

Finally got Kano backstory and the world doesn’t deserve her. The way she idolised her mother and just wanted her acceptance while her mom couldn’t even be bothered to show up to her class on presentation day just broke my heart.. most parents would kill for a kid as pure and obedient as Kano, and her mom only cared about using her to further her career, gross.

Mahiru rep took a major hit in this one for me. She’s gonna have to redeem herself. Came off very snakey. Mfs are upset about me saying it, but planning all this stuff with Yukine when you know she and Kano aren’t on good terms and Kano has had some family issues in the past is very snakey to me! Yes, I get that she wants to advance her own career and grow to love her art and herself, that’s very valid, but I’m not working with my best friend’s mom who I know she has beef with or at least aren’t on good terms. It’s just messy.

And even during Mahiru and Yukine meeting you can already see signs. Like when Mahiru brought up Kano and she’s like “oh you mean Nonoka” she don’t even see her daughter as a person just as a commodity or product. Just like she sees Mahiru’s art the same. Calling Mahiru “sensei” and gassing her shit up.. she’s not slick man 💀 she’ll turn on you just like she did Kano when it’s no longer convenient.

The other thing for me is if you really feel like you doing nothing wrong, you wouldn’t even feel the need to call Kano and get her blessing. The fact Mahiru did that tells me she knew this was something that she probably shouldn’t be doing. Kano was clearly skeptical otp about it too 🤷🏾‍♂️ do I think Mahiru is a horrible person? No, but she did some snake shit. But again, respect to Yaku sensei for creating a situation that could very much happen irl because girlfriends can be messy as hell.

Talked about all that and ain’t even get into Mero running the YouTube expose page. That’s so fucking gross and Kano was very justified for punching her in the face. I’d rather lose the right way than win the wrong way and kano clearly felt the same.

Now Kano did say some nasty shit at the end to Mahiru but you know, Mahiru deserved it 🤷🏾‍♂️ and Kano was just desperate to not lose the only friends she’s had. After seemingly finally escaping her loner past and developing relationships now she sees her closest friend potentially drifting away from her with her MOTHER of all people, the same mother who when told her daughter’s concerns about not having friends or fitting in just brought up her dream of selling out Tōkyō some. ofc she’d snap.

Could go on and on about it but it was amazing, didn’t even touch on everything I want to but I’m on vacation and need to go to the beach lmao. This episode fucked me up though. 10/10 as usual from my goat Yaku sensei. If there’s ever a Tomozaki s3 and 4 it’ll have stuff like this too.
@Marinate1016 I'm surprised to see you say Mahiru's rep took a hit. She's only doing what's best for herself, she received an offer from a major group to do a huge project, one that could make or break her actual rep. Meanwhile Kano is over here insulting someone she supposedly idolizes.
Jun 1, 3:58 PM
Jul 2022
I do not understand why so many are slandering Kano, it is like you do not have compassion. Other than that, the drama is not forced at all, from really early there was buildup regarding Kano's past catching up to her. As for Yukine, no matter her hardships, it is no excuse to be manipulative to middle schoolers, and especially your own child. Regarding Mahiru and Kano, no one is really in the wrong, or rather, Mahiru is oblivious, and possibly blinded by Yukine's sweet words, while Kano is quite hurt, as she knows.
Jun 1, 4:13 PM
Oct 2022
Yoru's a sellout. that's all I gotta say
Jun 1, 4:21 PM

May 2023
Incredible Episode, deserves a 10/10.

Kano's backstory is very well-written, it's really sad to see how the innocent and kind-hearted Kano can turn out like that.

I hope Mero's career falls like what she did to Idol who she ruined their careers.

Mahiru wants to develop more and that is her goal now, she accepted an offer from Kano's mother but, Kano didn't like it and hurt Mahiru's feelings by saying "Mahiru...Yoru, you're just a jellyfish can't swim, aren't you?" that line is very painful to hear.

And the ending with Flashback Kano calling Yoru's name made me cry again. Truly an anime masterpiece this season.
Jun 1, 4:39 PM

Jun 2019
She turned out like her mother in the end.
Jun 1, 5:09 PM

Nov 2023
I really think they rushed through the setup for this episode. They really shouldve dedicated one entire episode to Kano's flashback and have more time to show Mahiru being led on by the big bad mom to really emphasize the fight at the end. Tho the first three episodes went fast af too so it's not really new to this anime lol

Still the best episode by far imo. Really hope they use the remaining episodes wisely and that they don't fumble the ending by speedruning Kano's redemption with Mahiru and skipping over Mei and Kiui (as they have been doing for most of the series)
Jun 1, 5:33 PM
Feb 2018
this episode made me furious mahiru stabbing Kanon in the back by taking her former producer commission (that woman not a mother) especially seeing how Kanon was used by her mother and then when see find out her idol group members is going behind her back release private details and cyber bullying and she the one that gets thrown out

on top of all that mahiru pushing jelee artwork back blowing Kanon new year release plans

for me mahiru going to have to do a lot for me to like her again as Kanon the only reason she is doing artwork now she had given it up after her friends mock her mural
Jun 1, 5:39 PM
Oct 2020
theres not much to say other than it's normal for a highschooler to a throw random tantrum, it's 3 episode more im just hoping the ending is not forced to fit the budget
Jun 1, 5:59 PM

Nov 2021
Damn I was not ready for this episode, why did they have to break my heart like that.. Rie Takahashi is such an incredible VA
Jun 1, 6:12 PM
Aug 2021
Both girls made their decisions and said their words based on pure emotion, as a viewer we get to see the perspective of three ends, Mahiru falling in the desire of becoming more validated which Kano can no longer provides while Kano wants Mahiru to stay with her as the person she could rely on both career and emotional wise, while Mahiru’s mom, so focused on her career cannot see her own daughter as a person but just a chess in her game. This is getting really well dramatic.
Jun 1, 6:36 PM
Mar 2013
Reply to ZXSHAWN01
Both girls made their decisions and said their words based on pure emotion, as a viewer we get to see the perspective of three ends, Mahiru falling in the desire of becoming more validated which Kano can no longer provides while Kano wants Mahiru to stay with her as the person she could rely on both career and emotional wise, while Mahiru’s mom, so focused on her career cannot see her own daughter as a person but just a chess in her game. This is getting really well dramatic.
@ZXSHAWN01 I don't think Yukine think of Kano that low, she isn't a good mother but she isn't that bad of a person. Just blinded by her own dreams.
I don't think it would be weird if at some point Yukine will talk to Mahiru about what she think about her daughter and that helped them reconcile.
Jun 1, 6:36 PM

Feb 2021
Drama time!!!

Now I wanna see how this will all end
Jun 1, 6:52 PM
Apr 2022
in my opinion. kano and mahiro need serious conversation. the ending put mahiro as someone who are only thinking about herself. and what kano says is true.
Jun 1, 7:16 PM
May 2024
Reply to 2dbest
in my opinion. kano and mahiro need serious conversation. the ending put mahiro as someone who are only thinking about herself. and what kano says is true.
@2dbest Mahiru may not be wrong, she's just trying to take advantage of an opportunity that may not come again, but yeah, that's very selfish. I agree with you, I think they really have to have a serious heart to heart talk otherwise not only will Jellee be destroyed but their friendship could also suffer the same fate. Remember in episode 7 during the beach scene where Mahiru said to Kano "Kano sing for me because I really like Kano's singing" and look what happens now Mahiru easily breaks her own promise. It's no wonder Kano was so hurt, even though she couldn't control her words to Mahiru both of them must be equally introspective. Another thing I realized here was that the smile that Kano's mother was showing was indeed suspicious. I hope Kano can reunite with Mahiru and become more united with the other Jellee members. dogo kobo please don't try to end this fantastic anime in a bad way
Jun 1, 7:30 PM
Apr 2022
Agree with @foxpussy that this needs more time to cook, and feels a bit rushed or forced, just a little though.

You can see the reddit sub is loving this drama, but over time, MAL will prevail, as those discussions will be buried and forgotten, but people in the future looking for shows will always come to MAL first and read the more easily accessible contemporary discussions in the attached forums on how people how watched the episodes experienced it as they were aired.

Let's compare how MyGo sets up their drama for episode 9, comparing Tomori with Yoru.

Tomori is shown to be fragile character throughout the show, Yoru found confidence in having her art appreciated.

Tomori got kicked under her feet for a second time, and she is retraumatised. Yoru just got sweared at and was forced to choose between more professional growth by selling out vs the Power Of Yuri & Friendship. Yoru wouldnt lose anything by remaining in Jelee really, she'll just grow more slowly as an artist, thats it. Nothing the audience would lose sleep over. Kano however, her stakes are so much higher, Yoru leaving, will leave Jelee on hiatus, Kano (and Mei and Kiui) would be the stranded jellyfish here. So the focus on Yoru was a misfire.

In MyGo, the tension leading to the buildup in the cliffhanger of peak Episode 9 lasts 3 episodes. Here, we do see Yoru and Kano bonding, and having a good yuri time, and it all crumbles just in this one episode 9, I suppose building up the Power of their Yuri is also kinda way of the writers in raising the stakes, but across the season I didnt feel any tension, the impending feeling of a huge break for Yoru has that 'wow' factor, not a sense of betrayal that the writers were trying to portray. but I would think that Kano has alot more to lose with the friendship rupture, but the focus on Yoru crying undermined that. I wonder if it would be better if Kano walked out, "you all dont need me", but Kano has already been portrayed as a headstrong character, not someone who needed to fight to come out of her shell like Tomori, hence you feel and root for Tomori, and when she gets hurt, the audience also feels her pain even more. So overall this Yoru x Kano buildup-relationship-rupture wasnt communicated well enough. Kano is coming across as selfish in attempting to restricting Yoru's growth, and her outburst in the end there didnt help her cause. Yeah we know Kano is sad.. The end credits tries really hard to tell and let the viewer feel that, but I dont feel very strongly as sympathic towards Kano as I could and should have, as she is the one with more to lose.

So reminder: Yoru loses nothing in remaining with Jelee, she will still grow, only more slowly. Kano has higher stakes and loses more if Yoru leaves.

MyGo also presented the scene beautifully. The music piece really synchronises with the scene. You listen and feel how the music cues you as the scene cuts from person to person. Here, it just cuts to black, then credits roll.

Still good though, but needs to spend more time cooking. I think thats what our fellow MAL users and myself are trying to put our fingers on....it could have been fleshed out better.

So who has the higher stakes? MyGo hands down. Which leads to a higher payoff. So lets see how Doga Kobo lands their payoff. For all we know, this could only be the start, and we may not reach peak yet. Alot can still happen in 3 episodes. Theres time for more peak!

Overall, I'm keen for how the story will evolve, I'm sure the payoff will be nice and full of Yuri, but I'm not going to lose sleep over this like I had with MyGo.

Jun 1, 7:43 PM

Feb 2020
Well that was depressing... I dont blame mahiru for taking the job, thats a big opportunity, and i dont blame kano either. She's worked at this for so long, of course she's frustrated. But at the same time... Mahiru broke the promise, and kano saying all that hurtful stuff to her :( heartbreaking.

Was a good episode but got me feeling... A little conflicted. Lets see where they're trying to go with this. (also, great performance all around from everyone here. The staff all did an amazing job this episode. Especially Rieri's voice acting here is so good!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 7:43 PM

Nov 2023
It's a really good episode, probably my favorite overall. 
Jun 1, 8:00 PM

Jun 2022
This episode brought a major problem from her past.

It won't be easy to solve it from this episode. 😔
VickyAlexJun 1, 8:12 PM
Jun 1, 9:19 PM
Sep 2016
Okay, if this is not EP of the week, I don't know what will....

This EP is not a bomb drop... It's SUPERNOVA!!!! Holy sheesh!!!
- Kano and Yukine is SOOO much alike, they're pretty much copy+paste... Holy sheeesh!!! That "Sing for me" rizz.....
- Kano-chan's blonde is natural all along
- Mahiru x Kano, and the story behind "Colorful Moonlight" (That's SOOO gay, I loved it!!!!)
- MiroBaka is atually Mello, and the story behind the punching incident
- I think there's a reason Yukine hates the dad. I think he's actually a problem

This EP solidifies, Mahiru x Kano IS yuri!!! Your arguments are invalid!!!

PS: I don't know why ppl still thinks that Yukine is bad after this EP.... I think she's neutral at worst. The whole situation is f*d, but that's just how it is. I think she's simply a visionary that are attracted to talents. Kano f*d up, and to save her business she has to cut her off, that's just sound and rational business decision.
She might not be a good mom, but not necesarily a bad person as well. Her subordinates in the industry pretty much worshipped her is a huge proof already. If you ever worked in corporate offices, you'd understand that no subordinates loved their managements (I'm specifically talking abt managements, not mere mentors, seniors, or SPVs). So that, when subordinates actually loved their managements, you know they actually deserve the admirations (AKA good bosses).
Mello might not be bad either, she's just worshipping Yukine too much, she'd became MiroBaka for her SunDol.
Mahiru is just pursuing her dream and future. Whilst Kano is just lost in the moment due to her history. I mean, they're teenager afterall. Most teens can't really apprehend adult's rationale and might regard it as betrayal instead (i.e. Yukine's decision).
If anything, the most sus character in the series might be the dad.... Mostly bc we've got nothing on him so far...
uncleqrowJun 1, 9:47 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 1, 9:29 PM

Mar 2008
Kano was right for punching Mero. She is wrong for lashing out at Mahiru. I understand she doesn't want to be left alone but Mahiru did the right thing by consulting with them all about taking the job instead of just doing it behind their backs(Unlike the two bitches from Saenai.). Next week is gonna be rough.
Jun 1, 9:51 PM

May 2016
I think it odd that two people that had grown so close over a period of several months had not discussed (1) what a manipulative tool Kano's mother is, and (2) the reasons Mahiru lost her confidence in her art. If they were so close, Mahiru would understand the reasons Kano wouldn't want her to work with Kano's mom, and Kano could emphasize with Mahiru with wanting to be accepted as a good, if not great artist. I love Yaku's work, but I think he added unnecessary drama to the plot.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 1, 10:27 PM
Sep 2022
I saw myself in Yoru in this recent episode. No dreams, unsure of what I actually want to do, and feeling left behind and alone. :(
Jun 1, 10:31 PM

Sep 2018
Seems a lot conflicted opinions on how delicate the drama has been handled this episode, and probably the whole series as a whole. Personally, I think this show has gotten better and better as it has progressed, I found it very forced in the beginning, but now I'm not sure it it's because I've finally tuned in on this series wavelength or if the drama is just handled better. I also realize that the character relationships have progressed so much, internal drama hits a lot harder now for sure.
Jun 1, 10:58 PM
Aug 2020
one of the best episodes of anime in the year. amazing drama, fantastic theme, and DAYUM the song she was singing hit different. felt like Clannad today.

tldr: NTR episode
Jun 1, 10:59 PM

Oct 2016
Christ, right at the start of pride month too. To make matters worse, that ed, the director really knows how to give a death blow.

I can definitely understand both sides, as a friend and being part of the same group working towards something, I would definitely be hurt too. but from an outside perspective, this is a really really big opportunity for Yoru, plus she doesn't actually know yet what went down with Kano, Yukine and the sunflower dolls.

Not to mention, Yukine really knows how to move someone with words. Yoru is also looking for constructive criticism, Kano was not able to give that, but Yukine did. We know Yoru has always had low self esteem, so I can't really fault anyone in particular.

Masterful episode, they cooked, they also cooked our hearts. Terrible moms are the bane of Yuri.
Jun 1, 11:06 PM

Apr 2022
this just keeps getting less interesting as it goes. drama feels too forced, especially toward the end.
Jun 1, 11:10 PM
Mar 2015
Mom is trying to steal Mahiru from her daughter Kind of crappy The closing credit scenes were great They summed up the entire story so far
Jun 1, 11:17 PM
Nov 2019
now that is drama 1234
Jun 1, 11:32 PM
Jul 2016
I'm honestly very dissapointed in Yoru... Giving in to the brainwashing, stabbing your friend in the back (who was always there for you) the moment you sense an opportunity for your selfish personal gain... Could say she is naive, but that's not an execuse for being a shitty friend.
The correct answer would be: "You know what? Fuck you, and your scheming idol group. We're gonna crush you so hard, you would regret being a shitty mother and manager too!"
Jun 1, 11:57 PM

Jan 2012
Marinate1016 said:

100% on the same page as you. You even pointed out a few things I didn't notice.

Very disappointed in Mahiru. I hope she ends up changing her mind. Yes Kano should never have said what she did at the end but after that horrible rejection from her mother that she idolized she is terrified of losing her new group, and especially Mahiru.
Jun 2, 12:01 AM

Dec 2016
Ho-ly fuck. This show is so good. That credits sequence at the end was amazing. I've rewatched it like 7 times now.
Jun 2, 12:50 AM
Mar 2021
Best episode so far.
Jun 2, 1:11 AM
Jan 2018
Pretty disappointing episode ending.
I can't believe Mahiru would do something like that.
After everything she heard about Kano's mother, she shouldn't have even wanted to talk to her.
How Kano freaks out isn't right, but it's completely understandable in the situation after her best friend stabs her in the back because of her decision
Jun 2, 1:18 AM
May 2024
Best episode so far. I've always suspect that Kano's personal bias to Mahiru's art might hinder Mahiru's growth as an artist the most. But still, hearing Kano breaks down like that and Mahiru's reaction to it... this hurts so much.

3 episode left, there are plenty of room for both of them to grow and make up. I can't wait for next episode already.

By the way, episode 9 is storyboarded and directed by Ryota Kawahara who also did episode 5.
Jun 2, 1:39 AM

Mar 2018
Best episode of the season... maybe episode from year until now... man i gave no expectation for this anime but it give me one of the most beautiful story telling of the year....
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jun 2, 1:54 AM
Feb 2021
if i understand correctly they started working on new years project before proposition
it is lame to just switch projects in middle of making
Mahiru's L
Jun 2, 1:59 AM
May 2023
I dont usually leave comments but this episode hit hard from both mahiru and kano’s perspective its hard to be one sided because of their relationship
Jun 2, 2:45 AM
Nov 2012
I think they're both in the wrong but at varying degrees. Kano.. should've exposed everything. I don't understand what's keeping her mouth shut about the whole deal, when she has no ties left with her mother or the group. The best moment to defend herself was when it happened, by taking pictures of that phone, or telling the story in the middle of the scandal.. and the next best moment is the present, because if she explained everything to Mahiru, it would've been clear how much of a narcissistic snake her mom is, and Mahiru could've made an informed decision on whether to accept the job or not. The cherry on top was her hurtful words at the end, there's no going back from that, which makes me think she's more in the wrong than Mahiru.

Now for our artsy girl, I think she really really wants to improve and feel satisfied with her craft/future career. Kano always encourages her no matter the quality, and it's not what she needs to grow. BUT when you hear someone who is clearly an enemy of your friend not even call her by her real name (mom said Nonoka instead of Kano), there should be some red flags there. Not just that, the worst part is that she already made plans and had a promise with Jelee. She's just a kid, but she has dreams of becoming a pro, right? A professional should honor their previous commisions and promises, otherwise they'll obviously get a bad rep and upset feelings all around. I understand it's her big break, but she should've discussed it a lot more with the group before making a decision.

Overall I think the situation was expected with the way things were going and lack of communication, but I don't really see how they'll mend their relationship after the hurtful words that were said. Hope they can still fix things and work it out together. but probably not in the next 1-2 episodes.
Jun 2, 2:57 AM

May 2019
Isn't working on a new group with friends making music video ground up from zero to big in this world more challenging than corporate backing with huge stage? You literally have more professional support plus the director backing which will guaranteed more successful when they also targeting the whole world as well, how ambitious. Many people really ship between these two but beside few cute yuri moments, I really can't feel the strong bond that they have at all and it shows here. They didn't even speak openly within the group regarding any issues or problems that they face as a group. And yet they indulge on all sugary fluff service in the last two episodes. At least the prevous one is decent in showing the concert even if it's kind of weird to be postponed for some time. I know they try their best to make me care but I just don't really like this type of drama at all. So in the end she choose corporate success than her friends, how cute.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.