Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 26, 5:41 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was utterly fantastic! I loved how well all anime original content blended into everything, turning this episode into something both faithful to the source material and full of extra things enriching the original story a lot.

Seeing Tengen's training and how Demon Slayers felt during it was cool. Same with seeing how huge gap there is between warriors such as Tanjiro and other, regular Demon Slayer Corps members.

And, of course, it was lovely to see Tengen and his wives again. Including having a glimpse of the former Sound Pillar's swordsmanship after the events known from the Entertainment District arc.
May 26, 5:45 PM

Apr 2016
I'm kind of surprised to see them handling this training arc this way, but even though a lot of it is filler it's not bad filler per se. I'm just kind of curious how they're going to handle the rest of this season now, probably one Hashira per episode
May 26, 5:50 PM

Apr 2022
look at all these NPCS, man tengen was hard carrying but i guess we're done with him now.
May 26, 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to avengernin
i can't believe manga readers are complaining about the added content. aren't you glad there's more demon slayer? i for one am happy about them. this is the arc where i felt that the manga was rushing to get to the final arc. the bonus content helps in building character relationships and development which i found lacking in the later chapters. in this episode alone we got to see sanemi and iguro's friendship, more giyuu and tanjiro and tengen's feelings after retirement. i wanted to see these kind of moments in the manga.
@avengernin I know right? This story arc is perfect for having a lot of quality anime original content added to it. I'm surprised so many people familiar with the manga are complaining about such content.

It was disappointing to not see some canon content that even though wasn't included in the main manga, it was still included in other Kimetsu no Yaiba stuff written by no one else but Gotouge-sensei. I'm talking here about things such as full Uzui Tengen's backstory that could have been included in Entertainment District arc or Gyokko's backstory that could've been told in Swordsmith Village arc.

And yet here we are, people who possibly complained about lack of anime original content other than extended fights (no matter if in a form of filler or adapting content from other official Kimetsu no Yaiba source materials than the manga) are not on the brink of feeling salty about it appearing in the Pillar Training arc anime. I don't get it. I mean, I sort of get it. A lot of folks like to complain for the sake of complaining, but come on, it looks silly at this point, haha.
May 26, 6:28 PM
Mar 2019
Tanjiro is looking more Buff than i've seen him before.
Must be visiting all training grounds.
May 26, 6:34 PM
Nov 2019
tanjiro memulai pelatihannya
My Candies :
May 26, 7:14 PM
Apr 2022
How many scenes did they add? In general, they probably adapted only 1 chapter, but I'm not complaining as it means we have more materials with Hashira
May 26, 8:09 PM

Jul 2017
You can feel how directionless this particular season feels with the lack of real content to adapt to make it worthy of a 'season' by how stretched everything felt. The manga portion of this ain't that good but these episodes are such a drag to watch with the way its paced. This series doesn't really showcase the worst use of filler necessarily but it's still not that pleasant to watch.
May 26, 8:10 PM

Jul 2022
It was nice to see Uzui reunite with Tanjirou after the events in the Red Light District.

May 26, 8:10 PM

Oct 2017
Lmao, this episode is like 95% anime original.
They really gonna spend 1 episode on each Hashira's training huh?
No wonder they can stretch such a short arc into 8 episodes.
Typical popular battle shonen trope -> stretching the fillers as long as possible to meet the episode count.

I mean nowaday it's kinda rare to see an anime stretching fillers this long, only the most mainstream/ most popular of the bunch can do that, like One Piss and Demon Slayer because most series will lose all the audiences by then if they dare adding this much fillers.
You can see the pacing of Demon Slayer gets progressively slower as the more popular it gets.
Season 1 is relatively fast paced. Train arc is fast paced cuz it's a movie.
Season 2 starts dragging a bit but it's acceptable
Season 3 drags each of the scenario to its maximum potential + lots of slow motion and monologues.
Now we have season 4 dragging 1 chapter into 2 episodes by adding 95% fillers. lolz
It gets worse each season.
Ventus_SMay 26, 8:19 PM
May 26, 8:21 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to silversaint
too much screentime for the training of characters that dont even have a name an that will most likelly die the second an Upper Moon shows up
@silversaint
May 26, 8:31 PM

Mar 2021
I seriously love what they're doing with this season. This feels like the calm before the storm -- our last days of 'peace' and we're spending them with the characters. I am so glad to see Tengen and his wives again, and the mock duel between him and Tanjiro was great.

On to the Mist Hashira! Very appropriate for him to come after Tengen.
May 26, 9:04 PM
Dec 2022
Tanjiro joins the training regime and puts in such an effort that leaves everyone else in the dust. But he manages to inspire them to strive better. Off to the next level of training.
May 26, 9:05 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to animejas
You can feel how directionless this particular season feels with the lack of real content to adapt to make it worthy of a 'season' by how stretched everything felt. The manga portion of this ain't that good but these episodes are such a drag to watch with the way its paced. This series doesn't really showcase the worst use of filler necessarily but it's still not that pleasant to watch.
@animejas it's hard to make a training arc exciting that's for sure.
May 26, 9:21 PM
Feb 2015
the sheer difference of Tanjirou and his peers....
May 26, 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Music composer going fucking apeshit for Tanjiro and Giyuu eating noodles. Love it.
May 26, 9:40 PM

May 2020
Giyu doesn’t accept taking part in Hashira training without the competition, he went with it and gave Tanjiro a tough competition. Shindoi 😅

Tanjiro joins the Hashira Training, with the first step being under Uzui. He meets Uzui and his wives after Entertainment District, and they convey their thanks.

Because of Tanjiro, the other cadet members get motivated to train, that even if they can’t fight an Upper Rank, they would try to become a support. Uzui thus sends Tanjiro to the next step of the training. Turns out it’s under Tokito Muichiro.
May 26, 10:09 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
even training episodes are hype
loved it
May 26, 10:22 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
I have a question. Didn’t tanjiro kill upper moon 6 in the entertainment district arc as well? Why did Uzui make it sound like he survived an upper move for the first time?
@SenshadouOtaku It depends on the subs, I don't know what your sub said but in the subs I watched Uzui said "I hear that you took on another Upper Rank!" So there's nothing wrong with my subs, Uzui stated that Tanjiro fought and survived another Upper Rank.
May 26, 10:33 PM
Nov 2016
I don't remember this in the manga so this was definitely a filler episode, but as far as filler episodes go it isn't bad, the animation is high quality as always so it gets a pass.

This arc wasn't that great in the manga either, they are just working with a crappy arc and they are trying to make it exciting I guess, it does feel like they are dragging the arc with filler stuff, let's see how things will turn out, so far I'm not impressed but that's ok, I didn't expect much from this arc anyway but I still respect the consistency of this anime, the animation is great as always.
May 26, 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
Tanjiro clearly leveled up too much for this training course.
May 26, 11:09 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to phantomfandom
There's such a large gap between normal slayers and hashira, and the gap can't be narrowed by training. I just want to see someone with a normal background becomes hashira.
@phantomfandom Kind of have to define normal: all of them tend to be motivated by trauma and the normal situation wouldn't really lend itself to the same kind of enthusiasm and such. Shinobu is arguably normal, same with her sister and Kanao to an extent, they don't have the kind of physical strength that the others tend to have. But they make up for it with skill, knowledge and a certain level of exceptional aptitude in Kanao's case.

Giyuu seems to be the closest, though I don't think we know exactly what sent him down the path and meeting Sabito. But he arguably had to work harder to get to where he is, even Tanjiro with his normal simple background had advantages that aided him (and I'm not even getting into the potential stuff with his ancestors). Everyone else also had dispositions and capacity that lend themselves to being combat machines, especially Uzui as a shinobi and even Gyomei as a monk, plus his own natural strength
May 26, 11:17 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to GroktheDestroyer
What a snoozer of an episode lol, entirely skippable. And how come every single demon slayer that’s not a hashira is a 16 year old boy?
@GroktheDestroyer Because most victims that die are likely women, sadly and it may even have something to do with actual historical context of the era, but I can't speak on that at all, because I barely can keep track of major events within Japan's history going back to Sengoku era, then Edo, then Meiji, etc.

The male/female ratio is so small and Gotouge was impressive to even have 2 as Hashira, with one being the extreme of "not strong, but skillful" and the other being "She's very strong but looks slender and weak". And then there's Kanao, the only other potential Hashira that comes to mind who isn't already dead like Kanae
May 26, 11:20 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to xZabuzax
I don't remember this in the manga so this was definitely a filler episode, but as far as filler episodes go it isn't bad, the animation is high quality as always so it gets a pass.

This arc wasn't that great in the manga either, they are just working with a crappy arc and they are trying to make it exciting I guess, it does feel like they are dragging the arc with filler stuff, let's see how things will turn out, so far I'm not impressed but that's ok, I didn't expect much from this arc anyway but I still respect the consistency of this anime, the animation is great as always.
@xZabuzax I feel like Gotouge sensei had several ideas, but couldn't execute them within the weekly schedule and all the work involved. But did have notes, so here we are!
May 27, 12:30 AM
Jul 2022
a good filler episode, as a manga reader I like what they are doing here... I like that they are giving time to characters for what's coming next
May 27, 1:24 AM

Jan 2021
I can appreciate a good training arc I didn’t expect to see a upper rank demon fight this arc but I’m not complaining upper rank 4
May 27, 4:06 AM
Dec 2015
The Hashira training arc is about 8/9 chapters long in the manga, so I was actually surprised to see that the first 2 episodes of this season's anime covered over half of its content, wondering where it would lead with the remaining episodes. The answer is fillers. It's leading to fillers. Most of the Hashira training is done in a single page, with some having less than a page of exchanges. It appears however that the anime decided it was necessary to extend these exchanges to be episode-long so we're about to be treated to a lot of beach episodes and a very thankful MC having a very very touching moment with every single secondary character we managed to herd.
May 27, 4:31 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to NunoPhilipp
The Hashira training arc is about 8/9 chapters long in the manga, so I was actually surprised to see that the first 2 episodes of this season's anime covered over half of its content, wondering where it would lead with the remaining episodes. The answer is fillers. It's leading to fillers. Most of the Hashira training is done in a single page, with some having less than a page of exchanges. It appears however that the anime decided it was necessary to extend these exchanges to be episode-long so we're about to be treated to a lot of beach episodes and a very thankful MC having a very very touching moment with every single secondary character we managed to herd.
@NunoPhilipp So they rly gonna spend 1 episode on each Hashira huh lolz?
And drop one bomb Muzen side episode in the end and call it a finale .

Man, they rly gonna milk this mediocre IP to the very end before they release the final arc + maybe one more movie fighting Muzen :P
UFO prob gonna stuck with Demon Slayer for another 2~3 years and never take any other IP I guess.
Ventus_SMay 27, 5:18 AM
May 27, 5:08 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to bushman66
Tanjiro is looking more Buff than i've seen him before.
Must be visiting all training grounds.
@bushman66

He will go to each one, one by one. Dude does situps just for funl;
May 27, 6:09 AM
Jun 2007
More training. At least we seen "battle" between Tanjiro and ex-hashira
May 27, 6:34 AM
Jul 2017
bland episode with nothing, waiting for fighting still
May 27, 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
By the sounds of it, this was mainly a filler episode, but for me, it was a pretty good one at that. While it wasn't plot heavy in any case whatsoever, simply watching Tanjiro going back to basics on his way to rebuilding his strength feels rather satisfying to watch.

Same goes for seeing Uzui teaching the other demon slayer squad with his charismatic, but firm style. He made sure the other guys had a thorough workout and his wives made sure that everyone was fed with filling and nutritious food.

I look forward to seeing the next phase of Tanjiro's training with Muichiro next time. =)
May 27, 8:05 AM
Oct 2019
Filler or not, it is Uzui, in my opinion, the best character in the series, so I shall not complain.
May 27, 8:38 AM

Feb 2008
Goal in life added: obtain Kamado's stamina.

At least that is more achievable than Uzui's accomplishments. It was nice to see him and his lovely wives again.
May 27, 9:04 AM
Apr 2022
Tanjiro looks way too jacked, must be the training and his short height
May 27, 10:01 AM
Jun 2022
I wouldn't say it was boring, it was only a bit slow and nothing really happened. That's it. 3/5
May 27, 11:21 AM

Dec 2018
Tanjiro more ripped than me in my 20s, those other dudes are too weak. That's just basic training for US soldiers. They have a long road ahead. I want to see more of other characters and we did, I wonder how that fight will end.
May 27, 11:57 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to SenseiSempai-san
@animejas it's hard to make a training arc exciting that's for sure.
@SenseiSempai-san I cannot deny that, but with arcs like these on paper, it's just better as a part of a longer season somehow than as its own, since the issues are more exposed with this being its own season, especially when there's not even 10 chapters in reality for this arc and its labelled a season. Anime's in a forced position to buy time and it clearly shows. At least it's not Demon Slayer characters just doing completely random things like play football or other completely nonsensical things like you would get with old school filler at times but it's not the best either.
May 27, 12:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kamado was the soul of the training and the inspiration for the young kohais!!!!
kekeke
May 27, 1:40 PM
Mar 2021
It was good for sure, nothing crazy though
May 27, 3:26 PM
Nov 2019
Its always a little jarring seeing how jacked all the Slayers actually are.
May 27, 5:49 PM

Jul 2022
Pretty good. The spat between Tanjiro and Uzui was great, Uzui continues to be my goat and that little fight was pretty damn good. Otherwise I sense that this was another episode of padding, they're very slooowwwwwwlllyyyyyy building up to the final battle I guess. We'll get there eventually, I guess ...
May 27, 6:19 PM

Jul 2016
Happy to have a full episode with Tengen around. Seeing him getting so excited because of Tanjirou taking part in his training was particularly wholesome. Tanjirou sure is the kind of trainee any instructor would love to have lol.
May 27, 8:20 PM

Apr 2016
literally the only good thing about this anime is the animation during the fights, and this season doesn't have any. an entire season of only boring and unfunny characters interacting with each other
May 27, 8:52 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, if Tomioka was serious about the eating competition, he would beat Tanjiro haha.
UHHHH, there's an interesting new fourth crescent moon, someone has moved up the ranks.
I realized that they are putting too much faith and burden on Tanjiro with the whole defeating Muzan thing and I would have loved to see the whole fight against Uzui, but oh well and Uzui's training was EZ.
Let's see what Tokito's will be like but we have to wait

PS: poor extra demon hunters, they are not up to what is coming
May 27, 9:22 PM
Jan 2023
Training arc? More like "training season" 🥱
May 27, 9:38 PM

Jan 2009
and the training continues filler style
May 27, 9:46 PM
Jan 2024
just an amazing show in general.
May 28, 1:08 AM
May 2021
all demon corps guys are built
May 28, 1:24 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to animejas
@SenseiSempai-san I cannot deny that, but with arcs like these on paper, it's just better as a part of a longer season somehow than as its own, since the issues are more exposed with this being its own season, especially when there's not even 10 chapters in reality for this arc and its labelled a season. Anime's in a forced position to buy time and it clearly shows. At least it's not Demon Slayer characters just doing completely random things like play football or other completely nonsensical things like you would get with old school filler at times but it's not the best either.
@animejas it is just a slow interval whilst the anime works up to a crescendo. The demons will work slowly to get Nezeko in the background and all will come to ahead.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Today

147 by Rui-jabami »»
2 minutes ago

» Is this the new PEAK! ?

_OGGY_ - 4 hours ago

27 by Ripperdoc »»
3 minutes ago

» That cliffhanger (episode 8)

-Flaky- - 6 hours ago

14 by Tulleha »»
56 minutes ago

» Is Muzan stupid?

Decader - 7 hours ago

21 by Piromysl »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

200 by BloodForKhorne »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.