Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »
Jul 17, 2021 9:26 PM

Aug 2020
qurpt said:
mr_modest said:
HOLY SHIT !!
ARARAGI YOU FUCKING MADLAD.

Damn. That toothbrush scene was fucking phenomenal. And both were scared of Tsukihi, wonder how harsh she is.

All throughout the episode, Karen kept tempting me. This is how you do fanservice. Fanservice should give you a boner, not just removing clothes but by scenes like this.

Masterpiece of an episode, 10/10.

this scene was not good in anyway and if you actually look past the fanservice part and think about how much this scene literally ruins Araragi's and his relationship with senjougahara you'll realise how shitty this entire scene was
qurpt said:
a lot of people are mad cause of the incest and whatever but i'm mad cause of how this scene makes Araragi look like an unfaithful manwhore who would cheat on his girlfriend to have sex with his sister, also at the end of the episode it literally implies that they had sex which just ruins the feel to the show and Araragis character as a whole
Senjougahara knew Araragi was a horndog and she even warned him once. She allowed adultery with the other girls but warned that she would kill Araragi and that girl if it turns into serious love.

So, in conclusion Araragi still loves Senjougahara and would not cheat on her. But he is a pervert regardless. And also, he never had sex with his sister.

I found this answer from reddit to clearly explain.
"Did araragi have sex with senjougahara, karen and kanbaru?"

Only Senjougahara. The Kanbaru scene is just a gag, her sexual teasing of Araragi has never gone as far as actual sex before, after all, he's dating the girl that Kanbaru is kind of in love with. And Karen I doubt, once again that scene was comedic and it'd be pretty out of character to suddenly have sex with his sister. He's a total pervert but he's still loyal to Hitagi.

Going into the rest of the series I recommend not thinking too much of Araragi's perverted outbursts, they really only serve as comedy and shouldn't be taken at all seriously, they don't affect Araragi and Senjougaha's relationship.
Jul 18, 2021 6:10 AM
Jun 2021
mr_modest said:
qurpt said:

this scene was not good in anyway and if you actually look past the fanservice part and think about how much this scene literally ruins Araragi's and his relationship with senjougahara you'll realise how shitty this entire scene was
qurpt said:
a lot of people are mad cause of the incest and whatever but i'm mad cause of how this scene makes Araragi look like an unfaithful manwhore who would cheat on his girlfriend to have sex with his sister, also at the end of the episode it literally implies that they had sex which just ruins the feel to the show and Araragis character as a whole
Senjougahara knew Araragi was a horndog and she even warned him once. She allowed adultery with the other girls but warned that she would kill Araragi and that girl if it turns into serious love.

So, in conclusion Araragi still loves Senjougahara and would not cheat on her. But he is a pervert regardless. And also, he never had sex with his sister.

Only Senjougahara. The Kanbaru scene is just a gag, her sexual teasing of Araragi has never gone as far as actual sex before, after all, he's dating the girl that Kanbaru is kind of in love with. And Karen I doubt, once again that scene was comedic and it'd be pretty out of character to suddenly have sex with his sister. He's a total pervert but he's still loyal to Hitagi.

Going into the rest of the series I recommend not thinking too much of Araragi's perverted outbursts, they really only serve as comedy and shouldn't be taken at all seriously, they don't affect Araragi and Senjougaha's relationship.

you said "So, in conclusion Araragi still loves Senjougahara and would not cheat on her" yet he was literally about to have sex with his sister without giving it a second thought and the only reason he didn't was because tsukihi interrupted. Plus at the end of the scene after the interruption instead of realising what he was about to do was wrong he excitingly went into a second round with her and then said "after that day me and my little sister started to get along a little better" which is hinting very strongly that they might have had sex

"She allowed adultery with the other girls" Even if she's okay with it it doesn't change the fact he was ready to have sex with his sister despite being in a relationship which is a very shitty thing to do. Also i doubt senjougahara was being serious when she said she didn't care if he had sex with other people, no person would be okay with their boyfriend actively having sex with other people especially not their sister.

you also said "it'd be pretty out of character to suddenly have sex with his sister" which is what im talking about, it makes no sense he would do all this which is why its such a terrible scene that ruins araragi. And even if the comedy skits are just for jokes there still happening and araragi is still doing those things so its hard to find them funny, plus there are other ways they could have delivered the same type of jokes but without making araragi look like such a bad person

lastly when did araragi and sengoujahara fuck? i've only watched bake, kizu, nise and neko and i am yet to see the two kiss let alone have sex which is sad considering it seems he's more active with other girls than he is his own girlfriend- ignore this part, i did research and its pretty obvious they did but i guess the "be gentle with me part" flew over my head. it would be nice if we actually got to see something but my other points still stand- actually after reading this forum post https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=404559&show=250#msg50932661 when it comes to relationships with araragi i really don't know anything at this point, this show is so vague and unclear as to who loves who and whats happening in relationships between people to the point where its ruining the series for me
qurptJul 18, 2021 6:52 AM
Jul 18, 2021 6:41 AM

Aug 2020
qurpt said:
mr_modest said:

you said "So, in conclusion Araragi still loves Senjougahara and would not cheat on her" yet he was literally about to have sex with his sister without giving it a second thought and the only reason he didn't was because tsukihi interrupted. Plus at the end of the scene after the interruption instead of realising what he was about to do was wrong he excitingly went into a second round with her and then said "after that day me and my little sister started to get along a little better" which is hinting very strongly that they might have had sex

"She allowed adultery with the other girls" Even if she's okay with it it doesn't change the fact he was ready to have sex with his sister despite being in a relationship which is a very shitty thing to do. Also i doubt senjougahara was being serious when she said she didn't care if he had sex with other people, no person would be okay with their boyfriend actively having sex with other people especially not their sister.

you also said "it'd be pretty out of character to suddenly have sex with his sister" which is what im talking about, it makes no sense he would do all this which is why its such a terrible scene that ruins araragi. And even if the comedy skits are just for jokes there still happening and araragi is still doing those things so its hard to find them funny, plus there are other ways they could have delivered the same type of jokes but without making araragi look like such a bad person

lastly when did araragi and sengoujahara fuck? i've only watched bake, kizu, nise and neko and i am yet to see the two kiss let alone have sex which is sad considering it seems he's more active with other girls than he is his own girlfriend
He wasn't about to have sex with Karen in the first place. He was about to grab her breasts and stopped right then. Getting along with her meant that their relationship went back to their old normal self.

Senjougahara said herself that she can tolerate adultery. Yes, having sex with his sister would mean they would both be killed by Senjougahara. If you look closely, he was about to touch her breasts only. Araragi wouldn't put themselves in such danger.

Lastly, about Senjougahara and Araragi having sex. I am pretty sure it came after their confrontation with Kaiki. Senjougahara said "Please be gentle with me tonight", so it's highly possible that they had sex. But no one is pretty sure about that since Araragi is the narrator of the story and he would never share his personal things like that with us viewers. This is why the things Senjo said to Araragi in car in Bake episode 12 was not hearable.

All this makes Araragi look like he would cheat on Senjo but he won't.
Jul 18, 2021 7:06 AM
Jun 2021
mr_modest said:
qurpt said:

lastly when did araragi and sengoujahara fuck? i've only watched bake, kizu, nise and neko and i am yet to see the two kiss let alone have sex which is sad considering it seems he's more active with other girls than he is his own girlfriend
He wasn't about to have sex with Karen in the first place. He was about to grab her breasts and stopped right then. Getting along with her meant that their relationship went back to their old normal self.

Senjougahara said herself that she can tolerate adultery. Yes, having sex with his sister would mean they would both be killed by Senjougahara. If you look closely, he was about to touch her breasts only. Araragi wouldn't put themselves in such danger.

Lastly, about Senjougahara and Araragi having sex. I am pretty sure it came after their confrontation with Kaiki. Senjougahara said "Please be gentle with me tonight", so it's highly possible that they had sex. But no one is pretty sure about that since Araragi is the narrator of the story and he would never share his personal things like that with us viewers. This is why the things Senjo said to Araragi in car in Bake episode 12 was not hearable.

about the araragi x senjougahara sex thing at first i agreed after looking at the "please be gentle part" but in the LN that never happened plus it could have just been senjougahara teasing him as usual, this thread goes more in depth https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=404559&show=250#msg50932661 honestly at this point when it comes to relationships with araragi i really don't know anything anymore, this show is so vague and unclear as to who loves who and whats happening in relationships between people to the point where its ruining the series for me which im pretty pissed off about since i was loving it at the start but now i might just drop it
Jul 18, 2021 7:28 AM

Aug 2020
qurpt said:
mr_modest said:

about the araragi x senjougahara sex thing at first i agreed after looking at the "please be gentle part" but in the LN that never happened plus it could have just been senjougahara teasing him as usual, this thread goes more in depth https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=404559&show=250#msg50932661 honestly at this point when it comes to relationships with araragi i really don't know anything anymore, this show is so vague and unclear as to who loves who and whats happening in relationships between people to the point where its ruining the series for me which im pretty pissed off about since i was loving it at the start but now i might just drop it
Well I checked the thread and LN readers can be trusted.
But dropping the show for this reason? I found the relationship in the show really easy to understand. You could have easily understood it considering you have finished the entire first season of Monogatari.

Sticking around for character interactions and really good writing is recommended.
Jul 20, 2021 1:35 AM
May 2021
mr_modest said:
HOLY SHIT !!
ARARAGI YOU FUCKING MADLAD.

Damn. That toothbrush scene was fucking phenomenal. And both were scared of Tsukihi, wonder how harsh she is.

All throughout the episode, Karen kept tempting me. This is how you do fanservice. Fanservice should give you a boner, not just removing clothes but by scenes like this.

Masterpiece of an episode, 10/10.

Ignore the haters. This is what a man of culture calls peak fiction. Didn't arouse me or anything like that because karen is small but it was hilarious and very well made. The music and cinematography were really good. Tsukihi runs like a cartoon lol. Its obvious the show is very surreal and this doesn't affect rararagi's relationship.
Jul 21, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2015
Tsukihi's so cute in the op, my god, too bad we didn't get much of her.

The infamous toothbrush scene I heard so much about, even before I knew the series is finally here and oh boy it sure as hell lived up to the hype.

never thought it could be this arousing, Although I'm sure the incredible art and animation had a big part in it.

Karen moved up to the top 3 best girl after this, and Araragi too.

overall this show is amazing and unlike anything I've ever seen before.
10/5
Jul 23, 2021 11:47 AM

Feb 2019
I like the new OP ^^

What the heck did I just watch?
Aug 5, 2021 2:56 AM
Aug 2021
Ah yes it's Platinum Disco:D
That...was rather incestuous. It also gave oral sex a whole 'nother meaning if you know what I mean;-)
I didn't expect the whole episode to be dedicated to the brushing.
Karen and Araragi being terrified of Tsukihi when she walked in on them was funny. This episode was really well animated!
So this is the origin of that gif:-

-Facktack-Aug 5, 2021 3:07 AM
Aug 16, 2021 9:28 PM
May 2020
No time was better than this for seeing a cute brother sister moment, I 2onder if teeth fetish is a thing yet.
Aug 27, 2021 2:53 AM
May 2020
im in shock with the toothbrush scene. im questioning life
Aug 27, 2021 4:50 AM

Aug 2020
Saw this thread in recents and remembered the lovely toothbrush scene

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 8, 2021 8:37 PM
Apr 2021
cant wait to brush my teeth
Sep 9, 2021 3:50 PM

Oct 2020
This episode was pretty much useless tbh
Dec 7, 2021 8:48 AM

Dec 2019
Best episode yet in nise lmao that was something else
Jan 2, 2022 5:59 PM
Mar 2021
Why did they have to take it too far and make it incest😭😭😭 I thought it was a joke or something until the end
Jan 15, 2022 1:47 AM

Aug 2020
that lasted way too long holy shit.

my parents walked in to me watching this shit. I wished i was watching overflow or something. Maybe i wouldn't have been disowned and kicked out of the house. I would still be in school and my friends wouldn't have left me.

totally worth it tho 10/10 episode
Jan 16, 2022 4:31 PM

Jul 2019
Palindrome man humor really is pleb-filter humor lmaoo
Jan 17, 2022 12:47 AM
Mar 2017
Really weird episode. And what really happened in the end...?
Jan 25, 2022 4:16 AM

Jan 2017
The greatest and most weirdest boner Iv'e gotten in my life!!
This episode was a masterpiece.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 31, 2022 9:49 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
ah yes I've heard great things about this episode, and years later after finally watching it, it did not disappoint in the slightest. absolute masterpiece of filmmaking

edit: also I don't think I've ever seen 700+ replies in an episode discussion forum before, dang
BetaMaleUltraFeb 1, 2022 12:15 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 2, 2022 8:50 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, up until this episode I was gonna give these kinds of scenes a bare pass considering the quirky dialogue, different shots and overall animation, even if in reality it was all horny. This one instead went overboard for a long time and the arc was not focused on Karen.

Call me a boomer or whatever but I can't say this was interesting, it was just horny and I didn't like its implications either. At least as far as I've heard that's the worst case this show has so it's only going up from there.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 30, 2022 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
Horrible, hilarious, brilliant episode. Infamous toothbrush scene is an endurance test for both the characters and the audience, it goes from awkward, to very awkward, to "no..." to "NOOOOOOOOOO!" Laughed my ass off a significant amount when the episode ended, that was so painful but like, goddamn, as much as I hated parts of it, the episode was honestly really fucking well done. They knew what they were doing with this episode, it shows. What a fucking episode. Definitely one of the episodes which highlights this particular season best. Over the top ridiculous scenes with weird fanservice, but is still somehow really well done.
Loved some of the animation early in the episode with Araragi's art style changing with like, every sentence. The visuals, music choice, all of it came and made a really well done nightmare of sequences.
May 1, 2022 12:48 AM
Apr 2021
the best episode so far :smirk
May 5, 2022 12:01 PM

Sep 2021
Yeah it will be hard to delete this one from my head, JESUS CHRIST !!

May 24, 2022 2:53 PM
Jul 2021
This episode was the deal-breaker for me, I am out, this season was already meh at best, with the entire thing running around Koyomi annoying bratty/useless/over confident little sisters to end up with the now infamous "dental sex" scene. I am not a prune, far from it (I was a catamite and I may have enjoyed it a bit too much) "they" made me do things that put the "dental sex" scene to shame, I also did a couple of things here and there with other boys (who were the same age I was, 10/11/12 y/o back in mid/late 80's).
That let just say that it would ruffled the feathers of countless persons but even I found the "dental sex" and the entire incestuous innuendos too much.
The firt season was already nothing special, this one was dumpster fire.
DawizzMay 24, 2022 3:02 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 10, 2022 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
i thought it couldn't get worse than the hachikuji scenes.
it got worse than the hachikuji scenes.
Jul 18, 2022 5:53 PM
Dec 2018
What the actual fuck did I just watch
Sep 8, 2022 10:10 PM
Feb 2020
I love it when there is incestuous toothbrushing

Sep 12, 2022 12:54 PM
Jan 2022
This episode really birth a lot of degenerates, for sure.
Guess it birth one more.
Sep 18, 2022 11:07 AM

Nov 2021
nothing unique another episode which feels like a filler.
Sep 29, 2022 1:05 PM

May 2021
I'm kinda curious now how it feels.

Oct 27, 2022 8:39 PM
Apr 2022
Assez spécial quand même, je ne suis pas un fervent défenseur de l’inceste… je trouve ça assez curieux de voir ça d’une manière aussi normale dans un anime, mais c’est vrai que le plot nous tiens bien devant
Oct 28, 2022 6:30 AM
Mar 2022
This toothbrush scene will always be part of my memories. Like this is some iconic scene you would never find in any anime, i gotta say Nisio isin is such a creative genius for making this, the light novel consisted of around 40 pages for this scene as long as 10 mins. (i alrd finished the entire series but commenting here cuz wynaut)
Nov 2, 2022 1:09 PM
Feb 2019
mds... o que eu estou fazendo com a minha vida?
Dec 3, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2021
do i need to explain?
Jan 25, 2023 6:32 AM

Jan 2021
What did I just see 💀💀 
Feb 4, 2023 11:22 AM
Jan 2022
kind of sus tbh!!!
Feb 11, 2023 6:03 PM
Apr 2021
why why why why why does every single anime have to include incest. It’s so immensely disgusting especially when yall glorify it and say it’s hot. just ew
Mar 22, 2023 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
I've finally reached the infamous toothbrushing scene, way more erotic than I thought it would be.

gonna head to another "website" for further research purposes before continuing this anime.

English is my second language
Jun 15, 2023 6:37 PM
Jan 2016
Going through a Monogatari rewatch now... there was one scene above all else I remembered from my first watch as being horrifying and ultimate cringe. The one in this episode...

...and it was even worse than I remembered? And heck, its a lot more than just the toothbrush scene, practically the entire episode, although it hits it peak cringe with that sequence.

Blow my mind that they were able to get away with airing this on television.

Oh, and beyond walking in on them during it, Tsukihi is barely at all her the first episode of her arc. Is she going to buy an awl so she can stab her brother and sister and end this absurdity?
Jul 20, 2023 11:45 PM

Oct 2021
whole toothbrush scene was fuc*ed but still hilarious gag anyways. NISIOISIN and shaft staff didn't hold back!! Platinum Disco OP is my new number one op of monogatari as tsukihi-chan was really cute in the whole op. this episode defined what Peak-Fiction means :)
Jul 31, 2023 1:36 PM

Jun 2021
i was questioning

imma enjoy brushing from now on
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Aug 18, 2023 12:00 PM
Jan 2019
got DAMN that brush be doing some stuff
Sep 23, 2023 5:05 PM
Jan 2021
I finally got to the infamous toothbrush scene, all i have to say is: what the fuck
Oct 15, 2023 5:13 AM
Jun 2021
Incest is wincest
Oct 22, 2023 5:43 AM

Apr 2022
bu işin tadı kaçtı muhsin

Nov 11, 2023 1:05 PM
Aug 2023
my favorite episode
Dec 9, 2023 2:47 PM
Nov 2023
Karen trying to look more feminine makes her look tomboyish lol
Jan 24, 6:59 AM
Mar 2023
despues de este capitulo si alguin intenta matarme,torturarme,secuestrarme o v+*lrm* por ser monogatari fan esta en su derecho y no hay nada que pueda hacer por defenderme
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 4, 2012

222 by Meriurin »»
Jun 21, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

349 by Iamthewalrus8002 »»
May 23, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2012

256 by tsumetai1163 »»
May 17, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 28, 2012

415 by otakuweek »»
May 2, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

324 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 28, 9:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.