Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
Better than I expected for a first ep. Not that I had high expectations to begin with but looks like it could be pretty good. The animation at least is fantastic imo (not counting the horrible cgi castle lmao) It isn't necessarily unique but I like the character dynamics so far.
Apr 1, 2:34 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to ejleon
@redorzo I get how the 3 episodes fits, but what if it is only in the castle and doesn’t show another place, does that mean it’s bad?
@ejleon Nah not necessarly, if I like other things like the characters and story I'll continue watching it.
Apr 1, 2:43 PM
Oct 2019
Another borring op mc i will skip it
Apr 1, 2:56 PM
Oct 2016
Why can’t we explore the magic of the world without big boobs and some very inappropriate maid bathing? I don’t give a damn about the hot women in the show, I just want to see the cool magic and world building. Could really do without yet another harem.
Apr 1, 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Mirality
It sounds like this episode snagged a few lolicons who probably just looked at the art instead of the synopsis, and now they're raging to try to hide their why-boners.

There wasn't anything even slightly sexual in this episode, and if you think there was, it's you that has the problem.

Anyway, kinda meh first episode, fairly standard downtrodden-to-stupidly-OP I-can't-believe-it's-not-isekai power fantasy, but I'll give it a few more eps to see if it gets interesting. It does at least have a bit of a comedic vibe already.
@Mirality Bro, you don't have functioning eyes if this doesn't scream fetishism to you, the fuck are you smoking? lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 1, 3:12 PM

Apr 2023
The emergence of the loli femboy approval in this discussion is alarming, they have been released.

Apr 1, 3:15 PM
Apr 2020
LMAO some of these post got me crying 😭😭, as for my take, it's like a solid 7-8 so far. Animation is surprisingly well compared to isekais like tsukimichi and Villainess last season, it gives S1 7DS vibes, and Slypha.... I don't even need to say anything more.
Apr 1, 3:33 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to Glitterybugs
Why can’t we explore the magic of the world without big boobs and some very inappropriate maid bathing? I don’t give a damn about the hot women in the show, I just want to see the cool magic and world building. Could really do without yet another harem.
Seeing normies get filtered is always funny.

Anime seems middle of the road far as I'm concerned outside of that.
Apr 1, 3:48 PM
Nov 2021
Another 0815 reincarnation... the first episode was mad boring and animation is weird, dont like the mc's design and the only reason I see for now to watch that is if youre an absolut simp and go for fanservice... fanservice will be there I am 100% sure.
Apr 1, 4:14 PM
Jul 2023
.... Yeah I ain't blaming myself for this. Not my fault. Dangerous by design. Yep. Mhm. Uh huh.
Apr 1, 4:42 PM

Mar 2014
Reply to KanameYuuki
Fairouz Ai keeps surprising me, she has a really wide range, incredible voice actress.

That was a fun episode, I'm a big fan when the characters change into chibi forms / simpler shapes, MC's design sometimes made me feel like I was watching something by Marui Maru.
@KanameYuuki

I also bet you're a big fan of them legs as well
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 1, 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to HueyLion
@KanameYuuki

I also bet you're a big fan of them legs as well
@HueyLion haha, the facial expressions and general design look like from that artist but the whole time I was thinking "wait a minute, I recognize those tights from somewhere".
Apr 1, 4:53 PM
Jan 2023
basically knight's & magic (magic version). i already love it
Apr 1, 4:56 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to KANLen09
Another season, and yet generic fantasy reincarnation. Novelist Kenkyo na Circle's work being the male version of Tearmoon Empire by the way...but with estranged magic.

Kaede Higuchi's OP is really good, not going to lie. The same is said for Akane Kumada's ED.

Once a commoner whose obsession in magic lands him in immediate death, Lloyd is reincarnated as the Saloum Kingdom's 7th Prince...and he looks more like a Shota-con more than anything, other than the greatest figure: William Bordeaux, reborn. Be it his magic or swordsmanship, trained by one of his maid servants of Sylpha, who's impressed of his skills...still treats him like an uncontrollable kid, even bathing with the girls, and being told that a demon lurks in the forbidden underground library, of Grimoire, which piques Lloyd's interest.

Navigating through the kingdom to find the forbidden library, which is locked by strong spells and nothing that fazes Lloyd, he manages to break into the library...which the aforementioned Grimoire sees and wants him to help him break his seal. But the treasures don't compare to his interest of knowledge, which Grimoire convinces him with ancient magic and Lloyd helping unlock his seal. Even then, Lloyd's magic power is infinity times that of Grimoire even with just an OP-enough strong magic barrier, mocking and teasing him, bringing out his double incarnation...that still is a fraction of Lloyd's power when he goes for the offensive against Grimoire.

Restoring the forbidden library to perfect bits, Grimoire is impressed of Lloyd, and he concedes defeat to serve him as a familiar. Even then, the ball of power that Grimoire learns of Lloyd, he's like Frieren but a terrifying Shota.

For studio Tsumugi Akita Animation Lab's 2nd full series, this is decent enough, though the CGI leaves a bit to be desired.

This reincarnation story...it's finna be wild.
@KANLen09 Welp, as someone who reads the manga, I don't quite agree with your statement that this is similar to Tearmoon. But the rest, I do agree.
Apr 1, 5:36 PM
Oct 2019
cool episode, another overpower for us, at least the characters are beautiful and the animation is very fluid, promising
Apr 1, 5:36 PM

Apr 2021
redorzo said:
@ejleon Nah not necessarly, if I like other things like the characters and story I'll continue watching it.

I understand now. Thanks for your patience and explaining.

As a note, I watch the whole series of anime I start. 😅
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 1, 5:59 PM
Apr 2016
DIO I KNOW THATS YOU!!
Apr 1, 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
Spell effects are great and the fighting puts Demon Slayer to shame, but everything else is pretty much complete crap.
Apr 1, 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to Mirality
It sounds like this episode snagged a few lolicons who probably just looked at the art instead of the synopsis, and now they're raging to try to hide their why-boners.

There wasn't anything even slightly sexual in this episode, and if you think there was, it's you that has the problem.

Anyway, kinda meh first episode, fairly standard downtrodden-to-stupidly-OP I-can't-believe-it's-not-isekai power fantasy, but I'll give it a few more eps to see if it gets interesting. It does at least have a bit of a comedic vibe already.
@Mirality Wow you're dense, nothing sexual? The huge tittied maids in the bath wanting him in their bed, not sexual? Drawing him like a teenage girl with huge thighs, thin neck, small knees etc. not sexual? The crotch shorts, not sexual? The coquettish mannerisms, not sexual? The camera pans up the legs you see with hot chicks in ecchi, not sexual?

He is very blatantly NOTHING like 7 year boys in other animes. He's similar to the thick-thighed pigeon toed alchemist chick from Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega.

Got to say it again, wow, you're dense.

I really like the spell effects and fighting, but everything else about this is really really bad. And yes, very blatently sexualizing a 7 year old is part of what is bad.

"But he's not 7, he's reincarnated!" Fuck off. I'm sure they got some age gap pedo yaoi designer for this.
Apr 1, 8:36 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Sokah
@Mirality Wow you're dense, nothing sexual? The huge tittied maids in the bath wanting him in their bed, not sexual? Drawing him like a teenage girl with huge thighs, thin neck, small knees etc. not sexual? The crotch shorts, not sexual? The coquettish mannerisms, not sexual? The camera pans up the legs you see with hot chicks in ecchi, not sexual?

He is very blatantly NOTHING like 7 year boys in other animes. He's similar to the thick-thighed pigeon toed alchemist chick from Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega.

Got to say it again, wow, you're dense.

I really like the spell effects and fighting, but everything else about this is really really bad. And yes, very blatently sexualizing a 7 year old is part of what is bad.

"But he's not 7, he's reincarnated!" Fuck off. I'm sure they got some age gap pedo yaoi designer for this.
@Sokah

The fun part of you normies seething is the self contradicting lol.
When it's something like Mushoku tensei where Mc is the one 'sexualizing' it's clearly the sum of the reincarnator+reincarnated ages, while here where Mc is the one 'sexualized' it's clearly a kid.

I wonder.... oh right.
Y'all always twist it for your convenience lol.

Bet that later in the show he will be shipped with girls his age and you will all be REEEEing loudly that "he's a middle aged man going after a young girl" lol...

Make peace with your brain bros.
bruh
Apr 1, 8:40 PM
Jan 2024
i love stupid isekai/tensei shows so OBVIOUSLY im watching this but i gotta say,, lloyd is kinda drawn like a lolishota and it seems like theres gonna be unnecessary fan service from the gaggle of women that hes going to be surrounded by which is so annoying for a show about a 10 year old. also him making an ao face when he touches magic is unpleasant
Apr 1, 10:19 PM

Feb 2019
the females are annoying, and Lloyd is so one-track minded borderlining on the cray side with his obsession of learning more and more magic. grim's a quirky, fun character though so let's see how he fares next episode lol
Apr 1, 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to thelocalcryptid
i love stupid isekai/tensei shows so OBVIOUSLY im watching this but i gotta say,, lloyd is kinda drawn like a lolishota and it seems like theres gonna be unnecessary fan service from the gaggle of women that hes going to be surrounded by which is so annoying for a show about a 10 year old. also him making an ao face when he touches magic is unpleasant
@thelocalcryptid Feels like you should just drop it for your sanity, I'm watching for the femshota/fanservice, if it's any good that's just a bonus.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 1, 11:03 PM

Sep 2018
Never seen anything from this studio, kind of impressed with the interesting delivery? Save for the random CGI elements. A lot of fetish content in this show for sure. As if making the MC a femboy who is "loved" by his maids wasn't enough, they made him crazy over magic, yandere vibes coming through a little bit lol
Apr 1, 11:05 PM
Jan 2024
@LostSpectre while i said that im still very interested in the anime! im actually super partial to ecchi anime i just wasnt expecting it in this one! probably because of all the shoujo isekai ive been reading is so opposite lol

but i meant what i said when i said that im obsessed with isekai theres only been one that i didnt enjoy and dropped after first episode and that was Re:Zero. the whole constantly dying thing was a turn off 👎🏼
Apr 2, 12:09 AM

Jul 2019
I'm gonna keep watching because Sylpha makes me feel things.
Apr 2, 12:23 AM
Mar 2020
I don't mind shota but his thighs shouldn't be that thick, it's criminal and made me acting strange.
Apr 2, 12:30 AM
Jul 2014
@Sokah TBH the maid bath scene didn't register as sexual to me at all, really. I've probably been desensitised to bath fanservice to some extent, but nudity is never in and of itself sexual; what matters is the action and dialogue, and nothing there was of a sexual nature.

You raise the point about the maids arguing over who gets to have him in their bed, but even that came off as maternal rather than sexual -- or at most wanting to cuddle with something cute like a plushie.

I assume you're probably from the US, which has a very unhealthy nudity taboo, which leads to weird interpretations. Most other countries are more sensible in that regard. In particular, bear in mind that group bathing is commonplace in Japan -- and mixed bathing is less common but not unheard of, especially within a family. And for nobles, maids count as family for that sort of purpose. Even in the US, it's not strange for a mother to bathe her young child, even if that child happens to be male.
Apr 2, 12:37 AM
Feb 2016
Lol, people are really stupid if they try to say there is nothing wrong with his design. It's an obvious fan service. The question is who is the target. There are too many boobs flying around for it being a plain fujoshi bait. IMO it's a very specific self insert of a femboy wannabe.
Apr 2, 2:28 AM

Nov 2014
after reading the manga I was surprised to see that 7th Prince was getting an anime but a welcome surprise. Im glad they did the sparring with his OP maid justice and also with Grim. not sure why its rated so low but maybe its because of the loli/shota themes, but the story itself is great and looks like its going to be a fun watch.
Apr 2, 2:41 AM

Mar 2024
Amazing intro , superb even. Apart from the unnecessary colors the anime is a straight 9. I just love 😍💘. the fact that he's op , absorbed in magic and creepy one of the best op characters so far. Atleast he's energetic unlike so op characters that are just a bore e.g yoigiri . if u love isekai and fantasy I totally recommend the anime 💯💯💯
Apr 2, 2:41 AM

Mar 2024
A total comfort and let loose anime . let's ghooo ooost 🥳🥳🤧
RemadashiApr 2, 2:45 AM
Apr 2, 2:45 AM
Oct 2022
sus camera angles
Apr 2, 2:57 AM
Apr 2021
Actually the story is very exciting and interesting. I like the nature of the main character who is very obsessed with magic. What disappointed me was the design of the main character who was indistinguishable from a girl.
Apr 2, 3:41 AM
Apr 2022
The art style is so charming. There is CG but when the animators get serious, it looks spectacular. I am pleasantly surprised by this series and am hoping it only gets better from here. Also: no censored nonsense!
Apr 2, 3:43 AM
Apr 2022
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
I just wonder was it really necessary to name it "Isekai"?
Why couldn't he just be born in a family and fell in love with magic that combat sorcerers practiced nearby?

That could be argued for almost every isekai. I wouldn’t take this series too seriously, tbh.
Apr 2, 5:30 AM
Oct 2016
Mannn, I can't take my eyes off that thighs.
Apr 2, 5:45 AM

Sep 2016
This is just anime for shotacon
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 2, 6:11 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to ghtyujkkpkohkjb
I just wonder was it really necessary to name it "Isekai"?
Why couldn't he just be born in a family and fell in love with magic that combat sorcerers practiced nearby?
And which part of the title said it's isekai? If you think Tensei/reincarnated=isekai then you're wrong. This is a fantasy anime. He lived in a fantasy world, then he got reincarnated in the same world just who knows how many decades, centuries, or millennia after his original death.

Oshi no Ko has 'tensei' genre as part of its plot but you can see it doesn't have any isekai element.

So tensei =/= isekai.
Apr 2, 6:30 AM

Jan 2017
I'm not gay but...

ngl, that ero-thicc lolishota prince sold it for me.
Apr 2, 6:39 AM

Nov 2019
"This barrier, do you think I'm trapped in here with you? Too bad! It's you who's trapped in here with me!" tehe~
Apr 2, 8:20 AM
Apr 2021
Been waiting on this and I can’t lie the studio did their thing, the animation was really good in this episode same with the art as well, the sparring fight with Sylpha was fucking gooooood, overall nice chill isekai story that’s enjoyable for sure🔥

With Lloyds design I completely forgot and kept thinking he was girl even when this show got an anime announcement and the name had the word “prince” in it, like why does bro have the most feminine features ever the eyelashes the figure the thighs😭💀😭😮‍💨😮‍💨

LMAOOOOO the ppl in the comments that are new to anime are NOT fucking with the Lloyd’s character design at all hahaha and to that I say I like his design even though the thighs of his are hella questionable bc bro really looks like a girl but I guess in this case a femboy/shota😭😭😭😭😭

Slypha is doing something to me man why are all the maids fine as hell in this show?😫

Grimoire is a funny character tbh and his chibi form is voiced by Fairouz Ai like bro how much range does this woman have man she’s amazing I didn’t even recognize it was her🤯

Lowkey I’ll admit for some strange reason I can’t stop looking at Lloyd’s thighs there’s something appealing about them😗🤷🏽‍♂️

Guess I’ll be tuning in to this show for the loli/shota and the maids, now that’s a 2 in 1 deal😅
Treyv0nApr 2, 8:41 AM
Apr 2, 8:55 AM

Jan 2013
no nipples is weird af....
Apr 2, 9:04 AM
Jan 2020
best first episode ive ever seen
Apr 2, 9:10 AM
Feb 2023
Kinda afraid
Trait chara same like Cait von Silforf

Maniac aboug magic etc
Apr 2, 10:23 AM

May 2018
I didn't expect to be like this, but holy shit. The animation is good, at least it's not some stiff & panning image like power point slide show
Apr 2, 11:08 AM
Feb 2022
Atelier Ryza loli trap version.
Apr 2, 11:15 AM
Jan 2024
It has a soundtrack. That alone increases its quality x2.
Apr 2, 11:38 AM
May 2019
The normies reeing in this thread is always funny
Apr 2, 12:08 PM

Mar 2022
It was entertaining at least, gets a second episode. I wonder how many would complain if it had been a Loli character and not a Shota? Its generic, but I think it knows that and it doesn't care.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

53 by james_lima »»
Jul 23, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17

93 by LambdaGreen »»
Jul 18, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

62 by Piromysl »»
Jul 8, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

85 by DeanP »»
Jul 4, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8

75 by Sugram22 »»
Jun 27, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.