Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jun 22, 2014 5:27 AM
Aug 2012
I'm excited to know what Spell Sora put to Steph before the Game start .

and that game lol, thescene where Shiro shot Sora on lol that was unexpected XD and jibril Shot shiro . HHAHA lol thats funyn

and that Shooting Scene Shiro vs. Izuna so awesome loool!! that bouncing bullet is so awesome.
and when when izuna where shot by sora and she predicted it, Sora expression gives me chill ..

and in the end when Izuna-tan got hit and turned in too warfreak and he says that this is so much funnn !!

and in the preview maybe they are tied so they do toss coin?

and what Really Sora say to Steph before the Game start?
Jun 22, 2014 6:18 AM

Aug 2012
Ah well apart from that I can see that Jeycopp is ironic, you (totenlove) realize that the derivation is after φ?
I'm not even sure how you would get to bullet momentun which is p=mv.

ρ makes sense in here if you know what this formula wants to describe, φ is somewhat wrong as it is normally only used for turbines but at least we are still in fluid dynamics which is what this formula should be about ;-)

So I would give the formula a 5/10 as MH at least tries to have it right XD

oh idk i got B from mechanics lol
Jun 22, 2014 8:03 AM
Dec 2011
Caleb8980 said:
totenlove said:

Same reasoning as me

Ah well apart from that I can see that Jeycopp is ironic, you (totenlove) realize that the derivation is after φ?

ρ makes sense in here if you know what this formula wants to describe, φ is somewhat wrong as it is normally only used for turbines but at least we are still in fluid dynamics which is what this formula should be about ;-)

T3hSource said:
@Caleb8980
Yer friendly an' reasonable, I like you (:

@zerriet
NGNL is actually complicated with all the explanations it gives out, but doesn't go into any real depths, instead it moves on.
And bringing another relevant work that competes with it in the same season should be brought in the equation, since nothing exists in its own little bubble. We live in the information era where anything and everything is connected, constantly shared and compared, no matter how different.
Is NGNL good within its genres? No, it's actually great I'd say, but due to hype, I'm reluctant to praise it as a guilty pleasure. But instead go with the opposite and bring people down to realize that it's still an ecchi comedy with referential humor and nothing more.

First off thank you :D

Well I can understand your position but just one thing: About the start of discussions: point is discussions in most cases only start when people disagree but those discussions still serve the purpose of making people think about what they just saw.

If they reflect about it we will get points like what came up sooner about how cheating used overly much in important games and how Sora and Shiro want to change this.

Then you look further back in the past and you see why Tet e. g. is so dissatisfied whíth the current situation and then look at the 10 oaths, you can see that #10 (Everyone SHOULD have fun while playing games) is the only one that is a request and no clear rule.

That shows that Tet from the beginning on wanted everyone to have fun, but he didn't want to force them to.

It exactly points like that which make this show worth discussing, you learn more about the world and see new connections ;-)

Well first or all, for all we know Shiro might as well uses a very different formula, and she just used those symbols for convenience sake, meaning the symbols might have a different meaning altogether.

And concerning the [10 Oath], the way I see it, [Oath] #1 to #8 were just the means, with # 9 enforcing them, and Oath #10 is the end/goal
Jun 22, 2014 8:55 AM

Apr 2013
So much epicness in 1 episode is not something a human should be able to handle.

Flawless animation.

Jibril best girl ever.

Sora and Shiro are really clever. o.o

Steph just a Steph.

Izunai-taaaaaaaaaaaaaaan so kawaaaaaaaai.
Jun 22, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
A thrilling episode. Fight scenes are well executed.
Can't wait for the last episode.
Jun 22, 2014 1:44 PM
Feb 2014
mirailianil said:
Caleb8980 said:

First off thank you :D

Well I can understand your position but just one thing: About the start of discussions: point is discussions in most cases only start when people disagree but those discussions still serve the purpose of making people think about what they just saw.

If they reflect about it we will get points like what came up sooner about how cheating used overly much in important games and how Sora and Shiro want to change this.

Then you look further back in the past and you see why Tet e. g. is so dissatisfied whíth the current situation and then look at the 10 oaths, you can see that #10 (Everyone SHOULD have fun while playing games) is the only one that is a request and no clear rule.

That shows that Tet from the beginning on wanted everyone to have fun, but he didn't want to force them to.

It exactly points like that which make this show worth discussing, you learn more about the world and see new connections ;-)

Well first or all, for all we know Shiro might as well uses a very different formula, and she just used those symbols for convenience sake, meaning the symbols might have a different meaning altogether.

And concerning the [10 Oath], the way I see it, [Oath] #1 to #8 were just the means, with # 9 enforcing them, and Oath #10 is the end/goal

Using formulas with symbols while changing their meaning would make things only more complex and there also was no need to :-D

Also this was no real criticism at the show as I don't expect a comedy and fantasy anime to handle fluid dynamics correctly, that would be overkill.

No, I praised MH more because they tried to use a correct formula for the problem which Shiro wanted to solve, which is quite similar to how a fluid flows through a determined volume. That can't be taken for granted especially because that formula never appears in the LN.

But ye that comparison is great, 1-8 are indeed means while 9 enforces them and 10 is the goal.

@Jeycopp
Fluid dynamics is part of mechanics, too ;-) but you won't ever see it until you study sth that has sth to do with physics or engineering :D
Jun 22, 2014 1:57 PM
Oct 2010
nina4life said:
There was only 1 game in this show that was fun to watch for me.
The one between Jibril and Blank.

I was hoping this show is going to be about games, 2 opponents clashing in a fair fight, type of game doesn't matter, they use their brains, logic and gaming sense to try to win...

I came to it with wrong expectations and got burnt for it. Lesson for future.

That was a good one for me as well, because their plan was clearly thought through and not bullshit that just came out of no where like this one.

I also agree with you about the cheating thing, but my issue is how they get around it. It's so ridiculous instead of clever and many of the things they do come out of left field.. I hate that a lot, especially considering how the show started.

Lastly I came with zero expectations and I was enjoying it until the whole "we are king arc" started.
Jun 22, 2014 6:00 PM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
nina4life said:
I also agree with you about the cheating thing, but my issue is how they get around it. It's so ridiculous instead of clever and many of the things they do come out of left field.. I hate that a lot, especially considering how the show started.

I can sympathize to a certain point about the cheating, but the thing I like about this show is that the writer has for the most part already thought of such considerations and explained it several times.

On the cheating, the first game of the first episode (even before we met the MCs) showed that cheating was to be expected, this was reinforced at the end of the same episode. But in 5 we get a much fuller explanation that all games in this world are cheats, that was what Sora meant when he said that there was no such thing as luck in this world.

While I would say that I wished that each game had a bit more explanation to them (particularly when the novel readers tell us what was left out), in general I really have to tip my hat to the scenario writer of this series: they give just enough information to figure things out if you are paying attention. A good example was the end of episode 5 where Sora states that Fugelu only play one game, giving a hint that he had already thought of the scenario to win (as was shown in episode 6).

Tastes differ, so I can see why some people are disappointed, but over all I thing this show has done a great job at giving signals before things happen so that after the fact you can go back and say "ahhhhhh now I get it."
Jun 23, 2014 7:53 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like the name of the game is cheating. Wonder how they end off the anime next episode.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 23, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2008
Epic battle, I have always loved Blank's strategy and damn it made the game so fun this episode, hope this season finish with Blank winning in a bang :D
Jun 23, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was just EPIC!! I couldn't stop laughing the whole time and I've literally watched 3x straight lol.

Sora&Shiro scared of Tokyo, the love triangle by SoraxShiroxJibril with the shots, Steph in love with herself... there was just so many greats moments, I can't decide my favorite <3

I'm really excited for the finale!
Jun 23, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2010
Ahahaha, Steph is just such a...Steph.Never fails to make me laugh.
Blank is just unbeatable huh.Well, we will see yet, Izuna looks dangerous and epic now.Im glad she's having fun with them :D

Next episode last one.Cannot wait.
Jun 23, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
A decent episode, it had its' moments.
Jun 24, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
Since the topic for the ranking was locked, I'll post here.
NGNL is now ranked #26 :)
54 people voted it will get to the 20-29 range.

If it gets a second season will it get to the top 10?
Jun 24, 2014 2:18 PM

Sep 2013
Botato said:

I like this anime, I really do, but it doesn't deserve to be above so much greater anime. I'm conflicted.
Jun 24, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
Botato said:

It seems like something happened at MAL. Yesterday it was rated 8.73 by 33k people. Now it's rated 8.79 by less than 30k people. Probably some fake accounts were deleted?
Jun 24, 2014 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
Sury said:
Botato said:

It seems like something happened at MAL. Yesterday it was rated 8.73 by 33k people. Now it's rated 8.79 by less than 30k people. Probably some fake accounts were deleted?
It has the status "finished airing" now so the 1/5 rule takes effect.
Jun 24, 2014 2:54 PM
Jul 2012
Botato said:
Sury said:

Wow, jumped .06 since I checked this morning... What is the 1/5 rule?
Jun 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
[quote=Botato][quote=Sury]
Botato said:
Haven't noticed that until now. It's a bit early though.
Jun 24, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2014
yeslelno123 said:
Botato said:

I like this anime, I really do, but it doesn't deserve to be above so much greater anime. I'm conflicted.
It's above Fate/Zero

Well, the people have spoken: we want more ecchi fanservice pandering with silly games played by self-insert OP protagonists!

Though let's see if this Fall's Fate/Stay Night will get above the 20 ranks.
Jun 24, 2014 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
matthew521 said:

Scores for anime are only counted if the person has seen 1/5th of the anime. So if someone dropped NGNL at episode 1 with a 1/10, the score doesn't count.
Jun 24, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
matthew521 said:
Botato said:

Anyone that has the show in his/her list with less than 20% of the episodes watched gets their score omitted when calculating the average.

For NGNL, which has 12 episodes, anyone that dropped the show at episodes 1-2 or still hasn't updated the number of episodes above 2 their score wouldn't count.

Edit: ninja'd

Sury said:
Botato said:
Haven't noticed that until now. It's a bit early though.
I think it was already 25/6 in Japan when this happened. Time difference and stuff.
BotatoJun 24, 2014 3:05 PM
Jun 24, 2014 7:32 PM
Oct 2011
xDrayken said:
Well the ending part of the episode was just as predictable as the rest of the anime. Everything is so obvious, I hope the last episode will actually have something thats unpredictable yet still makes sense.

i think you might get your wish twice in the last episode.
Jun 24, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
T3hSource said:
It's an ecchi gag comedy with obscene otaku pandering spiced up by games that keep the viewer's engagement and create tension, even if it's entirely artificial.

What else is there to say about it? It's popcorn entertainment that barely gives anything for discussion.

The problem is with the fanbois hyping it up as if it's something more, just because they are entertained. When the medium has proven countless times that it can be art, even this season with Ping Pong, and it's not just because of the fartsy visuals.

nina4life said:
There was only 1 game in this show that was fun to watch for me.
The one between Jibril and Blank.

Reason?
Out of all the games so far, it was the only one which didn't have cheating involved.
This show so far is just repeating the same thing over and over again.
Find out about "superior" enemy, learn that opponent is cheating, find the way to overcome the cheat somehow.
Why does it bother me so much? As a guy that spends ~10h a day playing games I have come to hate any and all forms of cheating. I was hoping this show is going to be about games, 2 opponents clashing in a fair fight, type of game doesn't matter, they use their brains, logic and gaming sense to try to win...

Instead of that it is all about cheating. Cheating, cheating, cheating.
Well, fuck it. This show is fun but definitely not meant for people such as myself.

Yeah, these two posts basically describes my feelings about this show. I do get some enjoyment out of it but these things are eating away at me. I'll add by saying personally I hate how Steph is used. First couple of episode she's used as a stepping stone for Sora making his points and fanservice. I laughed but then things kept going with her and started I started cringe and now thats all do when she's in these scenes.
Jun 24, 2014 10:06 PM
Mar 2014
TTGL was also popcorn entertainment, and it's rated very highly. I don't see a problem with NGNL's ratings.
Jun 24, 2014 11:32 PM

Apr 2010
T3hSource said:
yeslelno123 said:

It's above Fate/Zero

Well, the people have spoken: we want more ecchi fanservice pandering with silly games played by self-insert OP protagonists!

MAL rankings are hardly a proof of anything.
Jun 24, 2014 11:45 PM
Jan 2013
dirtyuncle said:
TTGL was also popcorn entertainment, and it's rated very highly. I don't see a problem with NGNL's ratings.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL XD.
Okay, now i didn't want to make you feel like a giant dumbass but you're special my friend. See one show is revolutionary while the other show is just down-right entertainment.
You see TTGL actually has GOOD CHARACTERS,STORY IS EXECUTED BETTER, and just overall i find it more entertaining than this show. 1st off we actually get to see the characters grow as people. While in this show all we see is otaku-pandering and incest-duo being OP. Simon and crew are way more interesting than Sora and Shiro will ever be, cause instead of just trying to blame the world/life for being a shitty game. Simon and crew actually do something to change their destinies of being underground forever and being the victims of the Spiral King. Plus the way they use their characters are x100 than NGNL. MOSTLY EVER SIDE CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW IS EITHER 1. Just mindless fanservice or 2. A source of information to make the MCs looker cooler. Steph is one of the worst possible female leads i have seen in the latest years of anime, she legitly does nothing.... NOTHING. Name one important thing she has done to help move the plot beside saying OH I CAN TRUST SORA BECAUSE HE BELIEVES IN HUMANITY. Almost any other character could of done the same thing in that situation so makes her any different? Jilbrel the most loved girl in this series next to shiro... She was a Flügelrace one the most powerful races, yet all she does NOTHING. Past episode 6 she has been boring as helllll..... she use doesn't smarts or her power, expect to give Sora and Shiro infomation. Once again all she was there for is just to make the main characters look cooler, for example episode 11. She was going head to head against loli #2. We see her doing some cool ass shit right? I was thinking OMG, SHES GOING TO DO SOMETHING FINALLYYYYYYYY. Just for the show to skip that scene, to show the brilliance of the plan Shiro made by getting shot in the panties to not actually be mind-controlled... You may be fine with this but to me this is legitly hitler to side-characters, in TTGL at least they actually do something and move the plot along as a whole rather than just being plot tools. Sure TTGL is high entertainment show, but that's not why it's ranked 20. Hell if we were going to rate based on entertainment then why aren't naruto and bleach in the top 30 too? Those were entertaining as well, but TTGL went to go break the heavens with their drills with a good story,characters, and just overall entertaining which actually makes worthy of being one the top 30 anime on this site.
Tl;DR
FUCK U I PUT A LOT OF WORK INTO THIS X.X
TTGL has better execution,characters,gives a message, and is just better overall. While NGNL is downright pure entertainment for people who love wish-fulfillment.
Not saying NGNL is bad, just not as good TTGL
Plus mal rating are pretty dumb, why the fuck are following a rating to base how good a show is x.x.
Jun 25, 2014 3:10 AM

Mar 2013
Top 30 now let the hate flow.

Jun 25, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2012
Wow just wow! That was really impressive! I'm really going to love the ending and well without further ado let's see what's next!
Jun 25, 2014 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Steph is going to win this game. She is a Steph after all.
Jun 25, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
T3hSource said:
yeslelno123 said:

It's above Fate/Zero

Really? That's ridiculous. I like this anime a whole lot, and I mean that, but to be above F/Z, Hellsing Ultimate, Monster, etc. is... baffling. If it goes anywhere near the Top 15, that will be quite upsetting, honestly *EDIT: Holy shit... It IS near the Top 15. Number 18, to be exact. If it gets any higher than Code Geass or Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal, then I swear that I will lose hope in MAL users*. It means people want more ecchi/comedy/games anime instead of intelligent/AMAZING anime.

But, to be on topic, I did enjoy this episode quite a bit. My favorite part was this reference, though:
"...just like Pers*na, or Stein's G*te, or Akiba Str*p!" I like all the references!
removed-userJun 25, 2014 9:10 PM
Jun 25, 2014 10:53 PM

Oct 2007
I told people it would pretty much push top 20 if not top 10 by the time is all and said and done. It's pretty obvious when you realize how hype trains and momentum work and just the mentality this shows fans approach it with. Right now it's a massive hype train and the only thing on peoples minds is getting it's ranking up as high as it will possible go while there's still hype to be had. It's not even really about the show anymore and hasn't been for some time, it's about the hype and community experience of having seen it while it aired. There's at least one show like it pretty much every season, usually some sort of LN type show.

Anyway expect it to continue gaining rankings bit by bit until the next season starts. And no I don't think it means people want more ecchi anime at all or says anything in particular about the community, all it means is people are caught up in the moment of the hype. People are giving way to much meaning behind the thought processes of the people rating this show right now. Also it has to be mentioned that it's a great opportunity for troll baiting and hate/anti-hate type drama so no doubt some people are likely taking advantage of that as well.
PeacingOutJun 25, 2014 10:59 PM
Jun 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2013
Sick ep only 1 left makes me sad T-T
[/quote]
Jun 27, 2014 6:36 AM

Oct 2012
Dat OP

That's Steph for you!! xD
Lol what love triangle? NTR?

Oh poor Sora, the pantsu = girl's life
Shiro no pan!!! xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 27, 2014 6:40 AM

Mar 2008
fantastic episode!

people really need to shut up with their "ahhh, so overhyped.. worst anime of all time"

if you don't enjoy it, then don't watch it.. it's really that simple
you can simply ignore the MAL rating if you don't like it, sigh..
Jun 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
Panties. Panties everywhere.
Waha, I love this episode. Full action, bullets, fangirls, panties, fanservice, comedy, etc.
Dat end. "This is fun!" WAAAH. SHE'S PSYCHO NOW.
Jun 28, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
bloodiemonster said:
Sick ep only 1 left makes me sad T-T

YA RIGHT. ONLY ONE LEFT. NOOOO. I ENJOY THIS SHOW.
Jun 29, 2014 9:15 PM

Apr 2014
now that's a panty shot!
Jun 30, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
Can't believe it. Only one episode to go.
Mind-blowing. nothing more to say ^-^
Jul 1, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
Throw with munnie!
Also throw huge files at my HDD, holy shit almost 750MiB.
Next episode convert Izuna-tan for love love. : ))
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
That crazy opening sequence with the old man narrating was totally hilarious!!!

That awesome shoot out between Shiro and Izuna!!!
Jul 4, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
No pantsuuu

aww yeah = u = <3
Jul 5, 2014 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
Ha ha, Sora was just shooting off the girls' clothes.
Jul 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
Steins Gate :D
Jul 7, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
started watching... i think my mind just crashed
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 13, 2014 3:05 AM
May 2012
What the fuck at the beginning ahahaha.
That......that game........that game looks so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kawaii Izuna~ Jibril is freakin' hot *^*
Jul 13, 2014 7:03 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode :D
Jul 18, 2014 5:49 AM

May 2014
Great episode! At first I was like "what the hell is this ... a shooter with hearts" but then it turned out to be pretty cool. 『  』 's plans are awesome as usual and Izuna is having fun.

What happened with Izuna in the end? Did she get shot or not?
Jul 26, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2009
Hibiki07 said:
Great episode! At first I was like "what the hell is this ... a shooter with hearts" but then it turned out to be pretty cool. 『  』 's plans are awesome as usual and Izuna is having fun.

What happened with Izuna in the end? Did she get shot or not?

Special ability Blood Destruction.
Aug 2, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
Omg, that was an awesome game~! Jibril was an epic badass and Sora and Shiro are stepping up their game against Izuna.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One decade later and still no Season 2

JustSomeone15 - May 16

44 by namazuFish »»
May 21, 1:46 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.