Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 12, 4:11 AM

Feb 2021
I was not a fan from day 1 but ever since I watched season 1 last year (or was it two years ago) I instantly became one. When the information about the OVAs and season 3 dropped I was extremely hyped and it's finally fucking here!

I have what I think is the mildest take ever: I hate Kanade ever since her first appearance in the movie. She comments on everything like spelling out what the viewers are thinking. It's annoying. But seems like I have to get used to it since she's gonna be what Kumiko was to Asuka. The new first years, I don't know, they're a little too quirky? It's like the girl wearing a bandana on hear head might overlap with Hazuki in terms of personality.

Tomatsu Haruka really nails the voice acting here. She sounds so laid back and kind, you can taste the sweetness in her voice lmao.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 12, 9:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As always, KyoAni can make things sparkle and look pretty like nobody's business. The new girl sparkled like a supernova
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 14, 2:23 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to uncleqrow
Point of interest:
- The return of Kumiko noises...
- The return of Kumiko's iconic: "Shoshite... Tsugi no kyoku wa hajimaru desu...."
- Ribbon-chan's iconic red ribbon
- The all-time famous Kumiko x Reina's "I-can't-believe-they're-not-gay" relationship
- Hollup! Did Sapphire x Motomu ever a thing really?
@uncleqrow Gayness of Kumiko and Reina is greatly overrated, especially due to the ship wars that arose afterwards. Liz and the Bluebird is much better for making jokes about this.
Apr 15, 5:03 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
I don't think much people here are dumb enough to NOT know this, but in case you didn't read the anime relations, this is a sequel to the special OVA Ensemble Contest, which in turn is a sequel to movie 3: Our Promise A Brand New Day which follows after season 2. It was also recommended to me to watch Liz and the Blue Bird but honestly, I haven't seen that one yet, and I didn't feel like I was missing two much except for the relation and central plot between two side characters has well as supposedly adding depth to some of the other side characters in the series so that last one is optional for those who want to watch it (I plan to watch it eventually, but I'm not in a rush to do so tbh).

When I realize that Kumiko and co. are already third years, I feel a strong sense of nostalgia, as this was one of the rare series I've followed live for most of its run~!>:P> I'm curious about the new girl that showed up, and it took me a while to realize this, but I've finally figured out how the ribbon system works for the girls' uniforms!
May 11, 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know why, but all the girls in this anime seem to me "if golden retrievers were a person"
May 12, 9:56 PM

Jul 2016
Kumiko's third and final year in high school, one where she is leading the club alongside Reina and Shuuichi. This episode was visually beautiful, but I wonder if I will grow to like the new first years as the older cast of characters have graduated and moved on.
May 16, 2:21 AM

Feb 2019
After all this time, we finally get the final part of this amazing series. And I almost cried when I began watching. I was so moved! I felt some dread from starting it because once this starts and ends, Hibike! Euphonium will be over T_T

But an amazing start for this season. There were honestly so many moments I loved that it's simply hard to list them all. A few include Kumiko and Kanade's banter, especially Kumiko saying "Yeah, I wonder what." despite making it sound like she knew lol

Of course, Kumiko and Reina's interactions are still top-notch. Some hints of Kumiko x Tsukamoto. They better have an ending for these two by the end as well!

Who is this Mayu girl they've been teasing ever since S3's posters came out, I wonder? I don't know why, but I get a bit anxious about it. The image they're presenting is not a wholly positive one. There's some dread in there. And she wasn't among the new first-years in the club. So what's her deal?

This episode was a 10/10.
Jun 19, 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Good first episode, KyoAni is back with another season of cute girls doing epic music.
Jun 20, 4:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah, it's already nostalgic, and especially now seeing Kumiko as the senpai club president asking them if they want to win the gold at the nationals.... hopefully they'll win this time, the girl at the end seems very interesting I guess.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 9

86 by biologymypassion »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

81 by GateofDestiny »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

101 by Gator »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 19

69 by Gator »»
10 hours ago

» Last season?

seasonanimes_ - Jun 10

6 by ricky78 »»
Today, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.