Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 13, 11:36 AM
Jan 2023
business was to be stood on and the opening episode did just that, from the fight scenes to generally the overall animation they made this work.Of course it follows the normal revenge story but as an anime its doin everything well to keep the entertainment value high
Feb 13, 11:50 AM
Oct 2019
Also, opening of the year so far imo
Feb 13, 2:53 PM

May 2019
damn, that was hard. top tier animation and fight scenes already, lets see if the story can stay engaging as well.
Feb 13, 3:16 PM
Aug 2023
great animation great cast! and even better fights!
Feb 13, 3:16 PM
Aug 2023
holyyy shitt dude.
the animation, the fights, the atmosphere, music, choreography!
this is how you start an anime!!
Feb 13, 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to ZXEAN
@mizukasa Are you for real dude ??? This is your complain ? 😭🤣🤣
@ZXEAN
It's a very logical way to do it, isn't it? Such a simple thing as well but with huge impact. Even slitting the throat would be fine or stab him the heart. It wouldn't even take 1 second considering their superhuman abilities and they still fail to do such an easy thing. Now we know how stupid the writer is. Stupidest plot armor ever made. There are other ways to replicate that same event without pulling that kind of stunt. -_-

We can expect more stupid stuff from this show.
Feb 13, 6:02 PM

Jul 2014
Very predictable outcome. The show has got that western cartoony look, which I'm not too fond of - but the animation in the fight scenes is top notch. Overall, it seems like it's gonna be an enjoyable, action-packed, thrill ride.
Feb 13, 6:17 PM
Apr 2021
The first episode ended, and I said to myself, "Holy HELL that was awesome."
very, VERY excited to see what this brings.
Feb 13, 6:51 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@XiongYifan Jujutsu Kaisan S2 have wayyy better action scenes than Demon Slayer lol.

Anyway if Ninja Kamui can deliver this level of action for 12 episode stright than it will definitely end up being the pinnacle of action genre when it comes to anime.
@ZXEAN demon slayer has way better animation than jjk s2 lol. You should remember that animation design has become simple in jjks2 meanwhile demon slayer is much more detailed
Feb 13, 8:27 PM
Nov 2011
Great! Great! Great! Great!
Feb 13, 8:33 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to XiongYifan
@ZXEAN demon slayer has way better animation than jjk s2 lol. You should remember that animation design has become simple in jjks2 meanwhile demon slayer is much more detailed
@XiongYifan Strongly disagree but anyway have a nice day.
Feb 13, 9:07 PM
Jun 2020
the 2000s are back baby
there are four sides to every story.
if these walls could talk,
they probably still ignore me.
Feb 13, 9:27 PM
Sep 2020
some reused frames but very emotionally stimulating
Feb 13, 10:55 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to mizukasa
@ZXEAN
It's a very logical way to do it, isn't it? Such a simple thing as well but with huge impact. Even slitting the throat would be fine or stab him the heart. It wouldn't even take 1 second considering their superhuman abilities and they still fail to do such an easy thing. Now we know how stupid the writer is. Stupidest plot armor ever made. There are other ways to replicate that same event without pulling that kind of stunt. -_-

We can expect more stupid stuff from this show.
@mizukasa Almost every shonen/seinen action series use plot armour to move it's story forward.
Feb 13, 10:57 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to P3TE
Very predictable outcome. The show has got that western cartoony look, which I'm not too fond of - but the animation in the fight scenes is top notch. Overall, it seems like it's gonna be an enjoyable, action-packed, thrill ride.
@P3TE Cartoon look??? It's art style is top tier very similar to 90s anime art style.
Feb 14, 12:24 AM
Jun 2020
awesome animation possibly the best fight animation and coreography ive ever seen in an anime
Feb 14, 12:31 AM

Sep 2021
Solid first episode. Not one but 4 amazing fight scenes. If they keep this quality throughout the entire series, this anime gets, at least, an 8 rating for me. Nothing that crazy so far when it comes to the story, but I am seated.
Feb 14, 1:58 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to ZXEAN
@mizukasa Almost every shonen/seinen action series use plot armour to move it's story forward.
@ZXEAN Yeah, that doesn't mean it isn't stupid.
Feb 14, 2:24 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to mizukasa
@ZXEAN Yeah, that doesn't mean it isn't stupid.
@mizukasa Are you bothered by the plot armour of One Piece ? I mean when it comes to plot armour that show will always be at the top despite that it ended up being your favourite manga.
ZXEANFeb 14, 4:23 AM
Feb 14, 2:36 AM

Sep 2018
The people commenting in this thread like "you must be crazy if you think this is just okayish and not super amazing!!!" are the same ones who would make it rated 6.58 instead of 8.58 if it didn't have stellar animation.
Feb 14, 3:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Didn't know that this was dropping at all. Just turned up casually on my HBO feed and it was a most welcome surprise. A classic, run of the mill revenge story it seems but visually it's just a feast. Film level animation. Gives me Gungrave vibes as well.
The salt in some of the comments though.... Is it because it's a story occurring in the US instead of Japan? Guys playing guitars triggering some? Lighten up, it's one show out of the thirtysomething we get each season.
FarabeufFeb 14, 3:42 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 14, 5:10 AM
Apr 2014
John Wick made anime, really great!
Feb 14, 5:13 AM

May 2020
I hope my favorite under appreciated j-rock band coldrain can reach the fame that they deserved with this anime <3
Even if visual of the opening doesnt look sync with the song, the song itself is fire
Feb 14, 9:29 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@XiongYifan Strongly disagree but anyway have a nice day.
@ZXEAN I disagree with your disagreeing but anyway have a nice day.
Feb 14, 10:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bloody and tragic first episode!!!
The revenge is the worst way when theren´t way!
kekeke
Feb 14, 10:31 AM

Jun 2023
YOOO This was INSANE!
I have no other words for this.
So brutal and action-packed and these animations - just perfect.
Feb 14, 10:32 AM

Jan 2024
tsuda's growling had me feeling a certain type of way
Feb 14, 11:50 AM
Jan 2023
The villain is litteraly Sundowner from Metal gear rising revengeance lmao, the episode was dope
Feb 14, 11:54 AM

Sep 2021
The first chapter was spectacular. If the following chapters maintain the same quality, it will easily be the best anime of the season.
Feb 14, 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to ZXEAN
@P3TE Cartoon look??? It's art style is top tier very similar to 90s anime art style.
@ZXEAN I wasn't referring to traditional cartoons, but to western animated shows that try to pass unsuccessfully as anime with their lifeless, oversaturated colors - hence the 'cartoony look'. An example would be Blood of Zeus.
Feb 14, 12:48 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reply to XiongYifan
@ZXEAN I disagree with your disagreeing but anyway have a nice day.
@XiongYifan I disagree with your disagreeing with his disagreeing but anyways have a nice day.
Feb 14, 2:06 PM
May 2016
pretty good as expected
Feb 14, 3:52 PM
May 2020
well, that's certainly one way to motivate hatred, animation went hard fr
Feb 14, 4:09 PM
Sep 2020
Bros family was a little too happy 💀 very predictable to be honest
Feb 14, 6:19 PM

Oct 2014
His name is Joe Rogan xD come on mannn...
Feb 14, 7:07 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to ZXEAN
@mizukasa Are you bothered by the plot armour of One Piece ? I mean when it comes to plot armour that show will always be at the top despite that it ended up being your favourite manga.
@ZXEAN Because it wasn't done as stupid as this one. These ninjas are supposed to be professionals but overlooks such a simple thing. Plot armor is not the problem but the execution of it. Like I said, the same scene can be done in a myriad of ways that won't look as stupid or even insulting as the one they decided to go for. What else is there to expect when the first episode is already like that? How many times I wonder should I suspend my disbelief.

At least One Piece has something good going on with its story unlike with Ninja Kamui which fails to address even the simplest of things. -_-
mizukasaFeb 14, 7:16 PM
Feb 14, 7:22 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to mizukasa
@ZXEAN Because it wasn't done as stupid as this one. These ninjas are supposed to be professionals but overlooks such a simple thing. Plot armor is not the problem but the execution of it. Like I said, the same scene can be done in a myriad of ways that won't look as stupid or even insulting as the one they decided to go for. What else is there to expect when the first episode is already like that? How many times I wonder should I suspend my disbelief.

At least One Piece has something good going on with its story unlike with Ninja Kamui which fails to address even the simplest of things. -_-
@mizukasa One Piece plot armour is the most stupidest thing I have seen in anime.
Feb 14, 7:42 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to P3TE
@ZXEAN I wasn't referring to traditional cartoons, but to western animated shows that try to pass unsuccessfully as anime with their lifeless, oversaturated colors - hence the 'cartoony look'. An example would be Blood of Zeus.
@P3TE The show looks similar to City Hunter when it's come to character design and stuff. As for colour design it look is similar to Jujutsu Kaisan S1.
Feb 14, 8:34 PM
May 2022
So first episode initial thoughts. Feels like I don’t need to say it but yeah the action is fantastic. That seems to be the only reason to watch it. Now I’m all for watching an action anime/movie for just that alone. But I’m also tired of edgy revenge stories and this one is fairly standard. Now it could do something more with it in the future since this is the first episode and honestly hope they do. 11 more episodes of only edgy action seems like there needs to be more there to hold attention, for me at least. Overall it has potential on the animation alone to be one of the best action anime this year but it probably won’t be my favorite if the plot doesn’t do anything.
Feb 15, 1:15 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to ZXEAN
@mizukasa One Piece plot armour is the most stupidest thing I have seen in anime.
@ZXEAN Okay, so? Does it somehow excuse Ninja Kamui's use of poorly-executed plot armor? You can criticize every anime I like and it still won't erase the mistake NK just did. Does that bother you? xD
mizukasaFeb 15, 1:18 AM
Feb 15, 1:23 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to mizukasa
@ZXEAN Okay, so? Does it somehow excuse Ninja Kamui's use of poorly-executed plot armor? You can criticize every anime I like and it still won't erase the mistake NK just did. Does that bother you? xD
@mizukasa I am just suprised that you are bothered by Ninja Kamui's plot armour while having One Piece in your favourite that's all.

I haven't seen a single battle shounen/seinen which doesn't have plot armour but One Piece really took the concept of plot armour to a next level.
Feb 15, 4:57 AM
Jun 2021
So far, so good. Looking forward to completing the season
Feb 15, 6:00 AM
May 2012
great fight and but sad for hes family dead ... so sad history
Feb 15, 7:15 AM

May 2020
I have too many questions but for a first episode/debut was EPIC! Very promising and i can't wait to see what is coming next.
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Feb 15, 8:26 AM
Oct 2010
I feel like that meme right now: Delicious. Finally some good fookin' food.

This first episode was the very best of the old-school grotty, visceral bloodbaths melded with modern style and technique. If it can keep this up through the season this is going to end up one of those shows that gets held up as a true classic of the genre.
Feb 15, 10:09 AM
Aug 2020
If the quality keeps up its going to be a fun ride
Feb 15, 10:58 AM

Jun 2021
Holy shit shit shit, this is FIRE. Hope this steals the thunder this season, just the first episode alone outweighs any other show this season.

Banger OP from Coldrain, Sunghoo Park back at it, and this time we'll hear more of Kenjirou Tsuda (cherry on top). Can't wait for more
MickeyMinajFeb 15, 11:03 AM
Feb 15, 2:04 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to ZXEAN
@mizukasa I am just suprised that you are bothered by Ninja Kamui's plot armour while having One Piece in your favourite that's all.

I haven't seen a single battle shounen/seinen which doesn't have plot armour but One Piece really took the concept of plot armour to a next level.
@ZXEAN I like One Piece for the story not for the characters. Plot armor is there but they weren't executed as deliberate as this one. Ninja Kamui's villains were supposed to be professionals and the MC's life were literally served on a silver platter. Plus, the police should've took at least 5-10 minutes before they arrived in the room, so that's more time for the villains to behead him but they left by only checking his pulse??? I'm surprised you can take a simple criticism and turn it to a long argument. Even if all of my favorites have plot armor, it won't erase the one on Ninja Kamui. They key is to accept that your/our favorite anime is not perfect.
Feb 15, 2:08 PM
Oct 2022
The beginning is so good that you better not blink your eyes so as not to miss anything.
Feb 15, 3:59 PM

May 2021
Great animation but nothing special besides that so far, the story seems basic or at least the 1st episode was, they definitely went fastforward to the main point and tbh that wasn't that bad, I rather that instead of making me empathize with some random family that I know it will die very soon, 5.5/10. I'll keep watching because I like the american setting and I have nothing to watch this season.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

34 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

125 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 5, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.