Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
I do believe Marcille still has a lot to learn but she still has talent on her side. Magic isn't easy so she has to learn to develop it more. It was interesting seeing how the episode developed her as a person than just a character.

Chemistry in this show is still very entertaining along with its usual food gimmicks. We got some delicious meat this week.
Feb 22, 6:00 AM

May 2020
Dying from food poisoning, and that too after consuming a raw parasite, would be the saddest thing ever lol. Though Laios is here to stay, of course, but I liked how we got a backstory sort of, out of nowhere, about Marcille and her life when she was still a student. Now she might not be a character whose appearance would feel like a breath of fresh hair whenever she comes on screen, I mean yes, she can be annoying, but she’s good by heart…

… and also the “used-to-be” top student of her class lol. She and Falin’s first meeting was as one could expect, though they became friends back then itself. It kind of makes sense why Marcille’s so much into rescuing Falin, unlike the other three lol. Anyways, since we were having a Marcille focused episode anyways, we kind of got the entire second half over her too, until these people made Kelpie meat and started eating it, with all the fun in the world, without caring about the sick there lol.

Not sure how much that meat would’ve helped Marcille, but at least she gained the energy to scream again, so it’s fine ig lol. Visuals being super neat as ever, and here the old party members come.
Feb 22, 6:02 AM

Dec 2021
The more we learn about Falin, the more it's clear that she's the one who really holds the whole party together.

Marcille, hailed as the brightest girl in the school, and Falin, known for her free-spirited nature and unconventional ways, formed an unlikely friendship during their days at magic school. Despite their contrasting personalities, they bonded over experiments on spirit reproduction. Through her interactions with Falin, who gained knowledge not just from books but from real-life experiences, Marcille comes to the realization that she still has much to learn herself.

Who would've thought I'd end up learning about why dungeons are like sustainable ecosystems? But here I am, engrossed in it. It's intriguing to see dungeons as these tiny worlds where even a small disruption can cause chaos—maybe that explains why the Red Dragon is leveling up. Anyway, the party's starting to face some challenges, and I won't be surprised if they encounter a sudden setback like that group wiped out by merfolks.

And hey, they finally cooked up that kelpie meat.

Feb 22, 6:36 AM

Nov 2010
  • Looking at the OP, I happened to find the author is female. It makes sense for some part of the show.
  • The first half of the episode reminds me of some book for children, but I can't name it.
  • I thought the protagonist's sister may be blind at first.
  • Why does the protagonist sleep with the armor on?
  • Is the water ball the body of Undine?
Feb 22, 6:42 AM
Jun 2019
Reply to Softhenic03
Dying from food poisoning, and that too after consuming a raw parasite, would be the saddest thing ever lol. Though Laios is here to stay, of course, but I liked how we got a backstory sort of, out of nowhere, about Marcille and her life when she was still a student. Now she might not be a character whose appearance would feel like a breath of fresh hair whenever she comes on screen, I mean yes, she can be annoying, but she’s good by heart…

… and also the “used-to-be” top student of her class lol. She and Falin’s first meeting was as one could expect, though they became friends back then itself. It kind of makes sense why Marcille’s so much into rescuing Falin, unlike the other three lol. Anyways, since we were having a Marcille focused episode anyways, we kind of got the entire second half over her too, until these people made Kelpie meat and started eating it, with all the fun in the world, without caring about the sick there lol.

Not sure how much that meat would’ve helped Marcille, but at least she gained the energy to scream again, so it’s fine ig lol. Visuals being super neat as ever, and here the old party members come.
@Softhenic03

I realize it might not be clear for those who don’t have a lot of physiology knowledge, but red blood cells are made, in part, from iron. Meat, and liver specifically, are rich in iron. So it’s good to eat red meat when afflicted with anemia! IRL, people with anemia are often prescribed iron supplements.

So eating the kelpie meat helps with Marcille’s anemia caused by blood-loss. I hope this helps!

Otherwise, I really liked this episode. I was looking forward to it, and I’m happy with how the flashback was presented, especially the part where Falin is frolicking in the forest.
The battle scene was dynamic and sharp, I loved it.
Feb 22, 7:05 AM

Feb 2021
Little Marcille and Falin are so nice. Wholesome.
I absolutely love the worldbuilding and the dungeonin in this.
Daaamn, the animation in the second half is phenomenal. Gotta hand it to Trigger.
20:03 In the green bubble: "Cabbage". Orange bubble: "Onion". In both it's written "Be sure to eat vegetables too!"

Oh hey, Kelpie is written as 水棲馬 - "water live horse".
I don't like liver (especially the texture) so I felt for Marcille here lol. But it should help her.
Good episode!
Feb 22, 7:27 AM

Mar 2021
Smol Marcille was so adorable and she really is a talented mage who is just so full of talent and potential.
Feb 22, 7:34 AM

Mar 2021
Yay we're finally getting backstory!!! Marcille and Falin have such a wholesome friendship as classmates. Falin has always seemed like the group's big sister, so seeing her younger and smaller than Marcille was cute. I love how she's the first one who opened Marcille's eyes to a dungeon's wonders, and how Marcille is still learning even now. I stand by Chilchuck tho—the part about her being her school's first genius is def a lie lol. The honors student bit is realistic tho :)

Mmmm I'd totally want to try all those kelpie organs too ^^
Feb 22, 7:36 AM

Jul 2016
Would've bene hilarious if the dungeon meal of the week were just undine stew (i.e. a regular pot of boiled water).

Laios tying a napkin bib on Marcille was adorable, and kinda sweet when you consider he's returning the favor to her for being on overnight nursing duty for him.
Feb 22, 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
full sakuga episode again? wtf how is trigger doing it the production schedule must be so good for this show also considering they are doing simuldubs too that means a lot of the episodes are done already

this episode is another lesson about the ecosystem like dungeons ecosystem and if marcille is an honor student its falin that is a genius i guess

eating liver replenish the lost blood of marcille too good one now the problem is how to solve her low mana now
Feb 22, 8:20 AM

Oct 2017
Loved watching Marcille and Falin's backstory. One of the chapters I was looking forward to seeing in the anime. The more we know about the dungeons the more interesting it seems. Marcille had a close call with the undine but glad she's okay. Hope she gets better soon.
Feb 22, 8:39 AM

Feb 2008
Meat meat meat meat watching this always getting me hungry. It is nice to see some backstory for Marciel and the meeting with Falin.
Seem like the old comrade are close. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 22, 8:53 AM

Dec 2016
Meh.

I feel the author is tooting her own horn way too much. Last episode the crew already stated the balance of the dungeon self sustained ecosystem (it was also already mentioned in the golems episode) and again in today's episode half of it is presented with Marcille's soapbox declaration and Falin's flashback. In the old days it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings of the characters' that can provide them tools and sustain. I just hope the author stops being this blatant towards her audience.

Regarding Falin's flashback I'm indifferent in terms of content. But at least I do appreciatte it a lot being presented "before" a major event rather than use it exactly during a battle just for the sake of making a fight longer than it should (I consider this a terrible battle shonen trope).

I do admit that the very low animation in the early episode kinda made me think this would be an episode with a lot of static animation. Glad that this wasn't the case with the undine's battle.

This is something that I had thought from the very beginning that having no cleric and possibly no other source for healing (potions or balms) would bite the crew in the ass eventually. I bet that supah fanboy that keeps claiming they are wise experts in dungeon exploring will make up a massive asspull of an excuse to cover this.
Feb 22, 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
It was okay, I suppose. They're still in that area. Can't say I care enough for Falin at this point, other than being the sister of Laios I don't know much about her, like those two former party members. Everything about them is just too vague.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 22, 9:55 AM

Feb 2014
I really enjoyed the backstory about Marcille and how she first met Falin when they were fellow classmates at school. A braided twintail hairstyle does look really cute on Marcille, which does suite how well mannered and popular she was, but she couldn't help but notice how differently Falin was treated, like the oddball of the class.

Thankfully, it was Falin that opened up Marcille's eyes to the wonders of the dungeon, which has contributed to what she does now. The added info from the now healed Laios about reading Falin's letters back then and how happy she sounded backs up Marcille's story when Chilchuk doubted her at first.

Then, the episode went from that wholesome backstory to a difficult enemy, which Marcille had a tough time in dealing with. The animation for this battle was simply amazing as Laios and the others were able to get Marcille back on solid ground and were able to successfully get out of there alive.

While it did hamper the group's main objective for now, I'm glad that Senshi had plenty of meat to cook up for everyone to have, including lots of liver that Marcille had to help her heal up. It's nice to see how everyone looks out for each other, no matter how silly or difficult their travels go. It does look like a former teammate of Marcille is approaching, so it'll be interesting to see how this inevitable meeting will go next time.
Feb 22, 10:27 AM
Jul 2016
It's fun to know that Laios' younger sister is just as weird and off-putting as he is lol.

Also, this is start of some great Falin-Marcille yuri, and I'm here for it 👍.

Also, someone in the forums was wondering if Falin is blind

I love how kind of janky and off kilter the animation is. It's so much fun! It's obviously very good animation, but the animators aren't focused on keeping the characters on-model all the time. It's cute and I like it. 👍 (it's a lot less extreme than Kill la Kill, that show was insane lol)

Of course, it ain't a Dunmeshi episode unless the characters eat something lol.

This is a big spoiler for the manga, don't read anime-onlys.
erikkamirsFeb 22, 10:35 AM
Feb 22, 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to erikkamirs
It's fun to know that Laios' younger sister is just as weird and off-putting as he is lol.

Also, this is start of some great Falin-Marcille yuri, and I'm here for it 👍.

Also, someone in the forums was wondering if Falin is blind

I love how kind of janky and off kilter the animation is. It's so much fun! It's obviously very good animation, but the animators aren't focused on keeping the characters on-model all the time. It's cute and I like it. 👍 (it's a lot less extreme than Kill la Kill, that show was insane lol)

Of course, it ain't a Dunmeshi episode unless the characters eat something lol.

This is a big spoiler for the manga, don't read anime-onlys.
@erikkamirs google kanada school of animation thats the reason the characters are offmodel and the frame rate is variable and not smooth

only trigger studio is keeping kanada school of animation alive now
Feb 22, 12:07 PM
Aug 2020
Great episode

The animation was really good

I also enjoyed the flash back
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 22, 12:07 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to Kimurah
Meh.

I feel the author is tooting her own horn way too much. Last episode the crew already stated the balance of the dungeon self sustained ecosystem (it was also already mentioned in the golems episode) and again in today's episode half of it is presented with Marcille's soapbox declaration and Falin's flashback. In the old days it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings of the characters' that can provide them tools and sustain. I just hope the author stops being this blatant towards her audience.

Regarding Falin's flashback I'm indifferent in terms of content. But at least I do appreciatte it a lot being presented "before" a major event rather than use it exactly during a battle just for the sake of making a fight longer than it should (I consider this a terrible battle shonen trope).

I do admit that the very low animation in the early episode kinda made me think this would be an episode with a lot of static animation. Glad that this wasn't the case with the undine's battle.

This is something that I had thought from the very beginning that having no cleric and possibly no other source for healing (potions or balms) would bite the crew in the ass eventually. I bet that supah fanboy that keeps claiming they are wise experts in dungeon exploring will make up a massive asspull of an excuse to cover this.
@Kimurah
Kimurah said:
...cover what? We know why they don't have any potions or cleric in the team since episode one. Literally the whole plot revolves around this.
Feb 22, 12:13 PM
May 2021
Fantastic ep, like this series! So chilled.
Feb 22, 12:54 PM
Mar 2021
This must be the best episode of the season. Finally gave us a reason to care about the missing team member.
Feb 22, 1:36 PM
Apr 2021
Omg this might be the best episode of the season so far the animation when Mercille was battling that water orb so fucking cool and when Laios and them was running like TRIGGER killed it in this episode🔥🔥😩

So we got a Mercille focused episode where we learn she was enrolled in a magic acedemy with Laios’s sister and she learns that there more to learn about dungeons than she thought there was, to me it feels like the dungeons are naturally occurring environments which is cool tbh but the layout of dungeons are still confusing to me😭
Feb 22, 1:57 PM

Sep 2016
Poor thing was fed only liver XD
Feb 22, 2:52 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Loved the episode and all the different monsters they are introducing aren’t just bland generic monsters it’s very cool. I’m not excited to see the two people that left the group at the end of the episode coming back. As far as I’m concerned they can kick rocks 🪨 it’s obvious they didn’t care about Falin and were only there for themselves.
Feb 22, 4:07 PM

Nov 2023
And here, I thought the episode would be a lot more chill, but no, we got an Undine fight. 

The flashback with Marcille and Falin's was a nice watch as we learned how they first got to meet each other.
Feb 22, 5:13 PM

Mar 2020
Another amazing episode. ❤️

Damn those amazing sakugas 🤧❤️🔥 Studio Trigger 💪🏻

Also I loved the food. Yakiniku!!! 🥩
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 22, 5:32 PM
Apr 2022
very touching backstory. some good marcille scenes. will have to read the manga.
Feb 22, 5:45 PM

Jul 2016
Really liked Marcille and Falin's backstory. Their relationship is very sweet.
Feb 22, 5:55 PM

Jul 2022
Marcille shares her past as a student at the academy and how she became friends with Falin. Now, it seems that Falin is more important than initially thought. Unfortunately, Marcille ends up facing a Water Sprite, resulting in severe injuries.

The silver lining is that they roasted Kelpie meat, and the liver helped with Marcille's anemia. Additionally, one of the former members of our protagonists' group makes an appearance.
Feb 22, 6:03 PM

Mar 2007
So Falin was quite the mage, and Marcille's friend too. Wow. Surprised their party didn't fare better with 2 great mages in it? But then again, it's a red dragon and they ... uh, mostly lived (except for Falin who got eaten).

Mmm Kelpie yakiniku, not going to lie the smell would definitely catch my attention. I wonder what it would taste like. The liver is probably not great. But it has loads of iron, so it will help with Marcille's blood loss situation.
Feb 22, 6:54 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to fwefwefwefwef
@Kimurah
Kimurah said:
...cover what? We know why they don't have any potions or cleric in the team since episode one. Literally the whole plot revolves around this.
@fwefwefwefwef

Yes we know they are idiots who rush without taking precautions and again it was just a matter of time it would bite them in the ass eventually. I'm saying this because there's ONE particular guy in this sub that keeps claiming that they are experienced dungeon explorers and all their moves are flawlessly profesional.
Feb 22, 7:13 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I'm pretty sure that water elemental will be edible, just don't know how. Ask Senshi.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Feb 22, 9:09 PM

Dec 2022
wonderful episode. the musical direction is nothing short of great and the color palette though simple just keeps on impressing
IT'S GRILLIN TIME
Feb 22, 9:11 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Kimurah
@fwefwefwefwef

Yes we know they are idiots who rush without taking precautions and again it was just a matter of time it would bite them in the ass eventually. I'm saying this because there's ONE particular guy in this sub that keeps claiming that they are experienced dungeon explorers and all their moves are flawlessly profesional.
@Kimurah They are experienced though their moves are far from flawless.

One reason for them not having a dedicated healer is that they are on a bit of a time crunch and were low on funds so they had to make due.

The story is about them fumbling around and eating monsters that they often blunder into. That's what makes it fun.
Feb 22, 9:26 PM
Apr 2023
They did some good animation work in this episode, especially how they animated Falin.
I guess it's pretty much expected they would start to be reunited with their former party members soon.
Feb 22, 11:45 PM
Feb 2021
Lore and an amazing action sequence? YES PLEASE!
Feb 22, 11:45 PM

Nov 2021
ohmygosh whoever was the director of this episode did such a GOOD JOB!!! especially the fluidity between expressions and crazy animation 👌

Feb 23, 12:37 AM
Mar 2019
Loved the slight switch in tone and less episodic feel this week's ep. The animation was phenomenal in the second (and even parts of the first!) half so was pleasantly surprising to see. Mini falin meeting marcille was so cute, and Marcille's character and her motivations have gotten fleshed out as well. Really refreshing take on the dungeon fantasy genre, character and relationship driven.
Feb 23, 3:02 AM
Nov 2020
The expression on Laois and Chilchuck faces when they were pulling Marcille out of the water was hilarious 😆
Feb 23, 3:49 AM

May 2015
Great, now I want a barbecue.
Feb 23, 3:56 AM

Oct 2020
Poor Marcille, it's good to learn more what Falin was like.
Feb 23, 4:24 AM

May 2018
The magic school part felt almost like Little Witch Academia.
Things went dark and serious in the second part - a reminder that despite death not being a permanent thing, the place is quite dangerous and weird.
Feb 23, 6:50 AM
Aug 2023
Really liked this one. Action sequence was crisp as expected from the likes of Trigger, Marcille’s flashback made me think they were about to pull an AgK for a moment after she was injured, but seems like that’s been averted for now. And the setup for a run-in with a former party member at the end, will be interesting to see how that shakes out
Feb 23, 7:02 AM

Jan 2022
Dungeon Meshi Episode 8

We got a back story on how Marcile and Falin met in the magic school. It said that Marcile was known to be the most brilliant student, while Falin is naturally gifted and has a peaceful demeanor.

Marcile discussed how complex a dungeon is. She says that whoever made that dungeon is far from being sane.

This episode also shows a glimpse of how dangerous their adventure can be when Marcine encounters an undine. They ran and did not defeat it. Marcile was badly injured. And what can replenish her power and blood? Of course, food.

Some senshi emotes

(2024-02-23 11:33)
memori01Feb 23, 7:33 AM
Feb 23, 8:19 AM

Apr 2009
They gave all the liver for her recovery, and they got the rest of barbecued meat parts for themselves, both considerate and cruel at the same time! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 23, 8:35 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Kimurah
@fwefwefwefwef

@Kimurah but they ARE experienced dungeon explorers, and they are doing way better than any other party we've seen so far.
Feb 23, 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
Hey look! It's backstory o clock!
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

Jul 2022
OIH NO IT'S THE TRAITOR THAT LEFT THEIR PARTY!!!!
Feb 23, 11:15 AM
Dec 2019
I was expecting just a normal episode to lunch but it bring happiness, tension and hope. A excelente episode.
Feb 23, 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
Pure enjoyment!

Glad that it is full season with 24 eps : )
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

152 by Kartogamo »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OtterBoy1 - May 30

81 by YudiYusantoS »»
4 hours ago

» I am sure you all must have noticed it, but didn't pay any mind

Yeshaiah2015yesh - May 30

19 by SgtBateMan »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

85 by InfinityDude88 »»
Yesterday, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28

118 by MrcyPrcy »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.