Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
Not long after Season 1 last Spring, Birdie Wings is back for its continuation after a short delay.

The same OP song, with a different ED song, which is fine but worse than Season 1.

The All-Japan Girls High School Golf Doubles Championship resumes at Round 2 of the quarterfinals, and the pressure continues to be intense as both Eve and Aoi excels with no pressure for the Yamanashi Raiou Girls' High girls of Aoi and Eve.

The semifinals facing off with Shizuoka Koran Girls High, and Coach Amuro asking Eve about her time with the legendary Leo Millafoden, which Aoi's father Kazuhiko is the only person capable to have beaten him in golf. But still, there are expectations to be met, and facing against Kaoruko Iijima and Kuyo Iseshiba, though their "In the Zone" power is beneficial to winning, it destroys their mentality making less accurate shots one after the another, and they were going to get it done regardless, especially for Kaoruko pinning her point that it's a mistake for Amuro to leave Shizuoka, putting all of her faith with their new Coach Date.

Hole after hole, right till the very end, and both sides were playing very evenly, but as Aoi is beginning to show fatigue, Kuyo is the ray of hope to keep her team alive even when Kaoruko is down for the count, and Eve is practically unbeatable with her shots even when Aoi too is also down. Kuyo falls short, and Eve does the impossible by putting all of her experience on her Orange Bullet that only both Leo and Kazuhiko were able to pull it off, and that's ends the major upset.

What an shocking return to Birdie Wings.
KANLen09Apr 7, 2023 6:25 PM
Apr 7, 2023 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
New move from Eve, and it's also the move that Aoi's dad can only perform. This was super interesting.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 7, 2023 10:43 AM

Jan 2018
Great to have Birdie Wing back. Great to see Eve and Aoi again.
Apr 7, 2023 11:30 AM
Feb 2015
Possibly my fav of the absurd sports anime after Kuroko

Waiting a week to know anything is pain.
Apr 7, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 2015
peak has returned.
Apr 7, 2023 11:44 AM
Sep 2015
Will Aoi still want to kiss Eve if Eve is her biological sister?
Aoi: That makes it even better!
Apr 7, 2023 11:55 AM

Sep 2021
Nice episode. Continuing from where it left off previously, it seems the animation quality has improved too (from my perspective).
Apr 7, 2023 12:04 PM
Mar 2021
Now Eve only needs 1 color left to collect all 7 colors of her rainbow.
Apr 7, 2023 12:27 PM

Sep 2020
It's finally back! The orange shot is so cool and beautiful at the same time, the op is the same though, hope at least the visuals will change.
Apr 7, 2023 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
To make sense of Birdie Wing in regards to relations…Aoi’s parents are actually Eve’s…Aoi is more likely related to Amuro…Especially since both Aoi’s parents and Amuro have history
Apr 7, 2023 12:49 PM
Jun 2021
this ep was amazing, i really wish golf was real...
Apr 7, 2023 1:00 PM
May 2021
Idk why I love this show so much
Apr 7, 2023 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
Still "Penis Line", huh?

Kaoruko use Deep, and the world get Purple. I don't know but sounds like reference.

To be honest, use a shotgun as representation to shoot far, isn't very good example,

Well, at least looks like everyone is almost dying after using special techniques. Dramatic.

Apr 7, 2023 1:09 PM

Sep 2017
Incest incest incest!!!☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆
Apr 7, 2023 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
Golf with golf mafia and golf stands is back. I missed it.
Apr 7, 2023 1:37 PM
Feb 2021
that Bullet <3 ohhhh lets goooo
Apr 7, 2023 2:00 PM

Oct 2017
That last shot gave me chills, that was epic. Also could it be? are the two of them sisters?

Glad to have Eve and Aoi back, time for more of the duo.
MegamiRemApr 14, 2023 1:38 PM
Apr 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Jan 2021
The yaoi golf anime is back baby! Unironically this is the show that I'm most excited for this season. Right off the bat we have a Aoi wishing to kiss Eve and then getting distraught because she didn't get one. Eve finally uses a orange bullet to go full into the zone. She doesn't like using it which seems pretty in character for a meat head like her.

Also why did Aoi collapse, did she not get enough water or something. Chronic migranes, sun endued headaches, I wonder what the reason is.
Apr 7, 2023 2:36 PM
Jul 2019
Oh they decided to reuse the pervious opening theme "Venus Line" BLUE BULLET!
Apr 7, 2023 3:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I see they have kept the PENIS LIFE, PENIS LIFE op from season 1; that's all good, but I kind of wish they had kept the same ed as well.

Sh*t got real at the end with Eve's "orange bullet". I'm anticipating some significant development in this season.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 7, 2023 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
That last shot gave goosebumps! Good first episode.
Apr 7, 2023 3:32 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
That shot was epic! I am so glad this series is back. Who knew a GOLF anime would be so thrilling?! 
Apr 7, 2023 3:44 PM

Nov 2021
PEAK YURI GOLF IS BACK
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
Unwavering Orange Bullet! The names are the best.

Nice new ED. Don't mind that they kept the OP. It fits the cheesy energy of this show so well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2023 4:25 PM
Mar 2017
Certified BANGER. As per usual, the break-neck pace of this show is second to none. So much lore to be uncovered and kisses to be won. Also what's up with Eve knowing the secret technique of her girlfriend's dad and saying mama & papa after??? I don't know if I like where this is going but you have my attention
Apr 7, 2023 4:39 PM

Sep 2021
My favorite sports anime is back, just as good as it was last year! 

Poor Aoi was one stupid rock away from getting that kiss! She was so depressed over it... 

The match against Kaoruko and Kuyou was very intense. I love the "special abilities" everyone has and I can't wait to see Mizuho's and Kaede's!

There's a bunch of new mystery stuff too. I wonder how Eve, Aoi, Amuro, Leo and all the others are truly connected. Apperantly Eve at some point was also a student of Aoi's father. Maybe Leo kidnapped her to turn her into a living weapon against his daughter to get revenge? There are just too many possibilities and I feel like the next match with Mizuho, who plays this golf too, will only make it more complex. 

And then, there was Aoi breaking down... Heatstroke ? Or something deeper? Perhaps the reason her father didn't teach her personally? I just can't wait to see more!
Apr 7, 2023 4:47 PM

Mar 2018
Lesbians + golf = perfection
Apr 7, 2023 6:15 PM
Apr 2023
It's still pretty weird the way Birdie Wing's first season essentially just cut itself off in the middle of an arc, and this episode is just as abrupt an introduction. Still, I love how deranged this show gets about golf, about one of the most objectively boring sports on the planet. Honestly forgot that one of the opponents in this battle was just a stand user lmao.

Reallly hoping they're not going to make the twist be that Eve and Aoi are related, but judging by Eve's flashback that's definitely the way they're angling at. Maybe they'll pull a double twist and have it so that Eve isn't actually related to her dad or something like that, but I'm not that optimistic. Still, putting that landmine aside, this was a pretty great episode, if a weird one to start a season off on.
Apr 7, 2023 6:22 PM

Feb 2019
REAL ANIME IS BACK OH MY GOD. Can’t believe we got another 12 weeks of birdie wing.

Great first episode back, kept the same opening, same vibe and over the top golf antics as before. Some interesting plot lines set up. It’s looking increasingly likely that Kazuhiko is Eve’s dad. Hope we get more of their backstory soon. Overall solid set up for what’s going to be a fun season
Marinate1016Apr 7, 2023 6:27 PM
Apr 7, 2023 6:23 PM
Jan 2015
As expected.
Eve _is_ an actual daughter of Kazuhiko and Seira. Like I mean, blonde and can speak japanese for 0 apparent reason.
While Aoi is black-haired unlike both of her "parents".
Had this theory at the end of season 1, not it's becoming confirmed.
Well, at least that she is a daughter of Aoi father.
Apr 7, 2023 6:42 PM

Dec 2010
Vizvezdenec said:
As expected.
Eve _is_ an actual daughter of Kazuhiko and Seira. Like I mean, blonde and can speak japanese for 0 apparent reason.

Interesting thought. Though Eve being blonde is not strange she was born in the west not in Japan where blonde is rare.
Apr 7, 2023 6:53 PM
Jan 2015
booyah10 said:
Vizvezdenec said:
As expected.

Interesting thought. Though Eve being blonde is not strange she was born in the west not in Japan where blonde is rare.
Sure. But Aoi mother being blonde is strange, especially if you look at Aoi herself.
Also if you look at PV of this season you see scene where Aoi is crying and saying smth like "and who am I then?".

So I'm assuming she is indeed NOT a daughter of Kazuhiko and Seira.
VizvezdenecApr 7, 2023 6:59 PM
Apr 7, 2023 8:32 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

Nice new ED. Don't mind that they kept the OP. It fits the cheesy energy of this show so well.
bro why they gotta

rip off prince of tennis/kuroko kek
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 7, 2023 9:58 PM

Feb 2023
Eve is a badass and I love her!!! 11/10 my favorite anime of all time!!! I'm so excited for season 2!!!!!
Apr 7, 2023 10:01 PM

Feb 2023
Is this the first time she's used the orange bullet?!? It's been so long since season 1...lol
Apr 7, 2023 11:48 PM
Nov 2020
so Aoi and Eve has the same father Lol
shit's getting interesting.. what's happening with Aoi I hope she's ok
Apr 7, 2023 11:49 PM
Nov 2020
Vizvezdenec said:
As expected.

same here. I had the same theories in my mind. Glad to see them coming true.
Apr 8, 2023 12:15 AM

Aug 2020
Holy that's how you start the sequel that shot at the end damn and adding that flashback and mystery about shot made it just so great that's why this show is so amazing.
Apr 8, 2023 12:18 AM

Aug 2020
Vizvezdenec said:
As expected.

Finally there is some who share same thoughts and if you recall a certain conversation between that bar girl and Leo then you will remember Leo said there is a guy who asked him to train her and after those point you mentioned and that shot at the end of series makes it all clear and now the question is who is "Aoi" ??
Apr 8, 2023 12:19 AM

Aug 2020
Vizvezdenec said:
booyah10 said:

Sure. But Aoi mother being blonde is strange, especially if you look at Aoi herself.
Also if you look at PV of this season you see scene where Aoi is crying and saying smth like "and who am I then?".

So I'm assuming she is indeed NOT a daughter of Kazuhiko and Seira.

Another great point to prove this theory is correct and I am really interested now in knowing who is "Aoi" then and how she turned out to be this great to match the real daughter of kazuhiko.
Apr 8, 2023 12:22 AM
Nov 2022
TheGrandSage23 said:
To make sense of Birdie Wing in regards to relations…Aoi’s parents are actually Eve’s…Aoi is more likely related to Amuro…Especially since both Aoi’s parents and Amuro have history

That's what I was thinking....Aoi's illness mirrors Amuro
Apr 8, 2023 12:34 AM

Sep 2018
I wish I could enter the zone whenever I fucking felt like it lol... Seems like we will have a bunch of family drama in the upcoming episodes, with light being shed on some things.
Apr 8, 2023 4:02 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

bro why they gotta

rip off prince of tennis/kuroko kek

Learning from the best. Blue Lock doing it too xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2023 4:04 AM
Aug 2022
only anime that gets me excited
Apr 8, 2023 4:18 AM

Feb 2012
Crazy that we have two Gundam anime airing in the same season. Hasn't happened since Build Fighters Try and G-Reco's airing.
Changes to the OP:
1:34 the clubs used by Eve now have the "Arios" brand (Gundam 00 reference)
1:53 Eve watches her two caddies arm wrestle (implying she will return to Nafrece)
2:17 The silhouette that was doing the rainbow bullet is revealed to be Coach Amuro.

5:08 the South Asian music playing when Leo meets Eve makes the scene reminiscent of Char and Lalah's meeting in Gundam The Origin. Pro golfer Amuro lost so hard he never golfed again.
8:11 Thank you for reminding me this show not only has shounen shout-your-attack golf but Newtype psychic golf.
22:22 So Orange Bullet is just Eve in SEED mode, look at her pupil-less eyes. Anyway, I think Eve and Aoi were swapped at birth (perhaps to compare the ideas of nature vs nurture).

Theory: Eve is the daughter of Seira and Kazuhiko and inherited his technique.
Aoi was born out of an affair between Seira and Amuro and inherited his technique (as well as his genetic illness). Note that Seira's name may be based on Sayla Mass from Gundam.
Fortress_MaximusApr 8, 2023 2:18 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 8, 2023 6:36 AM

Apr 2020
Gotta say I expected a sequel, not a 2nd part. It felt like they just took a long arse break, then when they came back they just immediately started exactly where they left off.
But on the positive side, it still has its ironically fun ridiculous over-dramatic moments. And that's exactly what I enjoy the most about this Anime ^_^
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Apr 8, 2023 7:52 AM

Oct 2016
After almost a year, Venus Line is still a banger, not complaining at all that they're still using it.

I missed this show, why is it so fucking good.

We got a new bullet! That shot was special, it opened the gates to Eve's locked memories and the shot itself was sick, plus orange is my favorite color, so I guess that's my favorite bullet now. I gotta say, I missed that blue bullet too though, along with the theme, banger.

Ah shit, I guess Kazuhiko and Seira really are Eve's real parents, but there's also a chance that Aoi is not their real daughter too, so, the ship has a chance!

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode, BIRDIE BIRDIE!
Apr 8, 2023 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
The gayness of Aoi towards Eve is still going strong even in S2!!!
5/5.

Apr 8, 2023 1:08 PM
Jan 2015
Dunno if Aoi illness mirrors Amuro but Amuro definitely knows smth, his question "is your head hurting?" looks not random at all.
Apr 8, 2023 3:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good to see it back for its best part at school after all this mafia story, it's already much better with the 2vs2 tournament, and Eve's shot on the flag was insane
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Tokoya - Jun 16, 2023

31 by Temuthril »»
Jun 25, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 9, 2023

36 by Temuthril »»
Jun 19, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 2, 2023

34 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 14, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23, 2023

82 by DazeFire »»
Feb 11, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 26, 2023

28 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 10, 9:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.