Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 11, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tomochika should be more careful who to trust. I still find her kinda immature and childish compared to the other main cast. Not sure what the aim of this show is yet but more peculiar characters like Dannoura getting screen time made my eyes roll.

I still mixed thoughts on this show. Just reall wish they made the character personalities more likable than what they've shown so far. Plot seems to have a strange pacing too but I guess they're trying to flesh this out as a fantasy adventure.

Jan 11, 9:13 AM
Jul 2023
Things seems to be too random and out of place at times.
Jan 11, 9:19 AM

Apr 2022
This is in the territory of being so bad it loops around and is good again
Jan 11, 9:31 AM
May 2021
This show is Trash....... things are all over the place. Not a single character is likeable till now, comedy lacking by a mile. Idk what weed the author was smoking while writing this story
Jan 11, 9:34 AM

Mar 2021
This story is all over the place its almost impossible to follow it
Jan 11, 9:37 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Apratim
This show is Trash....... things are all over the place. Not a single character is likeable till now, comedy lacking by a mile. Idk what weed the author was smoking while writing this story
@Apratim your comment is trash,show is good
Jan 11, 9:41 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Reecey91
This story is all over the place its almost impossible to follow it
@Reecey91 its simple,all isekais put together
Jan 11, 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
Man, all the people in this world, Braves and Sages, who have powers such as gifts recklessly fight others even by killing innocent bystanders... this is freaking crazy... 🤔
It goes to show how immature they were when they were recruited... 😏
I'd say the only sane people here are the main MCs. 🥲

Dannoura's new clothes really suit her. How lovely... 🥰

Btw, I love the ED but the OP is just decent, if only they changed the lyrics a bit, it could've been better. Just saying IMO. 😅

I'm enjoying the pacing so far. 😖
I just hope they're not skipping little things. 😕
Well, tbh, I think they're skipping a lot or a bit of things...

P.S. That guy at the gate earlier was trying to get Dannoura to his house, alone... 😑 There's a lot of creepy dudes trying to get to her.

CrazyButNot4UJan 11, 10:20 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 11, 9:54 AM

Dec 2022
well he is getting attention the bad kind of attention he should try to lay low about why would he if he can insta kill anyone so what does it matter if he gets bad attention
Jan 11, 10:01 AM

Jul 2021
Am I the only one who hates the voice acting and character design? Why are they so hell bent on making them look and sound braindead? The round, constantly wide open eyes, the goofy upper teeth small circular mouth. Talking like they're sucking a dick, a tone of perpetual confusion and dumbfoundedness, then suddenly screaming unfunny lines.

That ghost is straight out of Conception, absolutely damaged.
Jan 11, 10:05 AM

Jul 2020
everything was so random and hard to follow, almost gave me a headache
Jan 11, 10:16 AM
Nov 2016
Not gonna lie, the pacing is weird.
They cut so many content in between to push the introduction of Sage Lain and Santarou.

I like to unpack some content that are being cut from LN-Manga in this episode.

First of all, notice the guard was speaking gibberish in the first scene? Surprise-surprise, unlike most Isekai setting out there, this world doesn't coincidentally speak japanese nor the summoned people magically speak the native language.

Second, Mireiyu scene. She actually add quite a bit of world building in her introduction. After knowing that native people in this world speak another language, she came to the duo speaking japanese. Of course this is being questioned by the duo and she answered, because "Japanese people have good future so many native woman in this world learn japanese to get on the good side of japanese men." LOL

Why this important? The implication is telling us that people are regularly isekai to this world and most of them are freakin' japanese people and most of them usually end up living a good life, so good that people are sucking up to them. Yes, it taking jab at the isekai trope.

Oh, they also cut the mundane scene of them shopping. This complimented my previous point that Japanese people are put in high regard because of their OP ability after getting isekai. Removing this scene makes the pacing strange.

The scene of the duo getting mugged in the alleyway.

The fans is robbed out of the famous scene.

The manga did a better job at conveying the inevitable end to those that receive Yogiri "Instant Death"

Next cut content is actually what most people have problem with this series. Yes, I'm talking about some of you guys complained. The reason the student act like psychopath and their lack of sympathy/empathy. The reason should have been told by Mokomoko in this episode, but they left it being vague.

The battlesong system, the power system in this series could decrease someone's morality and make them more aggressive.

Next scene is Takatou moving to protect Tomochika. It explained in other media, he can sense when an attack is coming even if it doesn't directly target him.

Last thing I want to cover. In the anime they don't show it exactly and left more desired. Lain overpowered ability, she is an immortal vampire that could regenerate even after all of her body get erased without leaving a trace. Yes, she literally said she was nothing after getting hit by the explosive power of the holy sword but quickly regenerate back, essentially she could not die.
Overlord-The-ENDJan 11, 3:35 PM
Jan 11, 10:21 AM
Oct 2023
The anime is good it's not great or top tier but it's good I mean watchable. There are some isekai that I don't like but other people like that anime and I don't mind that It's depend on taste and it's not like every isekai have to be great I have watched some great isekai like Overlord, mushoku tensei, Rising of the shield hero, That time I got reincarnated as a slime, Gate and many more but still enjoyed this type of anime
Jan 11, 10:25 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to Overlord-The-END
They cut so many content in between to push the introduction of Sage Lain and Santarou.

First of all, notice the guard was speaking gibberish in the first scene? Surprise-surprise, unlike most Isekai setting out there, this world doesn't coincidentally speak japanese nor the summoned people magically speak the native language.

Second, Mireiyu scene. She actually add quite a bit of world building in her introduction. After knowing that native people in this world speak another language, she came to the duo speaking japanese. Of course this is being questioned by the duo and she answered, because "Japanese people have good future so many native woman in this world learn japanese to get on the good side of japanese men." LOL

Why this important? The implication is telling us that people are regularly isekai to this world and most of them are freakin' japanese people and most of them usually end up living a good life, so good that people are sucking up to them. Yes, it taking jab at the isekai trope.

Oh, they also cut the mundane scene of them shopping. This complimented my previous point that Japanese people are put in high regard because of their OP ability after getting isekai. Removing this scene makes the pacing strange.

The manga did a better job at conveying the inevitable end to those that receive Yogiri "Instant Death"

Next cut content is actually what most people have problem with this series. Yes, I'm talking about some of you guys complained. The reason the student act like psychopath and their lack of sympathy/empathy. The reason should have been told by Mokomoko in this episode, but they left it being vague.

The battlesong system, the power system in this series could decrease someone's morality and make them more aggressive.

Next scene is Takatou moving to protect Tomochika. It explained in other media, he can sense when an attack is coming even if it doesn't directly target him.

Last thing I want to cover. In the anime they don't show it exactly and left more desired. Lain overpowered ability, she is an immortal vampire that could regenerate even after all of her body get erased without leaving a trace. Yes, she literally said she was nothing after getting hit by the explosive power of the holy sword but quickly regenerate back, essentially she could not die.
@Dios_nevan Considering the content they have to cover, how the anime portrays things is done well enough. One doesn't need to waste words when implied visuals are enough.

But things aren't even confusing either. Sages are the bad guys. Sages are incredibly OP, but so is Yogiri so its a question of who wins out. Especially when anti-death magic doesn't stop it. Yogiri and Tomochika are trying to get to the Capitol to meet up with everyone. But the world moves on regardless of their actions.

Now if only the DARKNESS can stop interfering with the anime...
Jan 11, 10:30 AM
May 2021
Seeker1995 said:

Lol only amateur kids can like this
Jan 11, 10:30 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Man, all the people in this world, Braves and Sages, who have powers such as gifts recklessly fight others even by killing innocent bystanders... this is freaking crazy... 🤔
I'd say the only sane people here are the main MCs. 🥲

Dannoura's new clothes really suit her. How lovely... 🥰

Btw, I love the ED but the OP is just decent, if only they changed the lyrics a bit, it could've been better. Just saying IMO. 😅

I'm enjoying the pacing so far. 😖
I just hope they're not skipping little things. 😕
Well, tbh, I think they're skipping a lot or a bit of things...

P.S. That guy at the gate earlier was trying to get Dannoura to his house, alone... 😑 There's a lot of creepy dudes trying to get to her.

astralkill00 said:

They don't care about personality, all they care about is their talent (ability/gift). If you have strong ability such as Santarou ability to utilize all elemental magic, they let you become a sage. The second highest position in this world.
Jan 11, 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
Dios_nevan said:

First of all, notice the guard was speaking gibberish in the first scene? Surprise-surprise, unlike most Isekai setting out there, this world doesn't coincidentally speak japanese nor the summoned people magically speak japanese.

Nice effort defending the series.
So the anime adaptation is actually getting ruined....😖 how saddening.
I definitely agree that all those scenes you pointed out are actually important, at least for me.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 11, 10:33 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Apratim
Seeker1995 said:

Lol only amateur kids can like this
@Apratim just like you
Jan 11, 10:33 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Dios_nevan said:

First of all, notice the guard was speaking gibberish in the first scene? Surprise-surprise, unlike most Isekai setting out there, this world doesn't coincidentally speak japanese nor the summoned people magically speak japanese.

Nice effort defending the series.
So the anime adaptation is actually getting ruined....😖 how saddening.
I definitely agree that all those scenes you pointed out are actually important, at least for me.
@astralkill00
I don't mind people hating on the series if they have read everything there is to offer, but I just get sad that people conclude their dislike or hate over something incomplete. It simply not fair in my opinion.
Overlord-The-ENDJan 11, 10:59 AM
Jan 11, 10:35 AM
Sep 2020
Tbh, it is kinda a freestyle story. Until now, it has barely explained the dynamics and rules of these worlds, and the main motivation of the main characters is not clear yet.

It is a pretty bad introduction that surely is going to wipe away a lot of people who started watching it (seems like the author is a beginner or he's just bad).

But, I really liked the story tho, I'ma continue watching it anyways, it surely has potential
Jan 11, 10:36 AM

Jun 2013
This is so random.
Jan 11, 10:42 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Arrow02
Tbh, it is kinda a freestyle story. Until now, it has barely explained the dynamics and rules of these worlds, and the main motivation of the main characters is not clear yet.

It is a pretty bad introduction that surely is going to wipe away a lot of people who started watching it (seems like the author is a beginner or he's just bad).

But, I really liked the story tho, I'ma continue watching it anyways, it surely has potential
Arrow02 said:
main motivation of the main characters is not clear yet.

They make it quite clear I think (?)
They simply just want to go back to their original world.

Since they don't know how, they've decided to go and find their classmates in hope of meeting Shion again (She after all is the person that summoned everyone).
Jan 11, 10:49 AM

Aug 2017
Like others already stated this is so random and over the place, hard to follow. The setting doesn't really seem interesting with barely anything to look forward to and most characters except for the main duo are kinda annoying. Will give it another episode to see if it'll improve. Also what are those black edges that sometimes appeared..
Jan 11, 11:03 AM

Dec 2010
You know, the first episode was a bit odd because they add to it some parts you only will know later, but this second episode was much better and was full of action (and deaths). Moreover i like a lot the mc because is not a damn justice warrior like 90% of isekai mcs, but he kill for real anyone that is a threat, no matter who is, even a cute catgirl.

This show with Villainess 99 and Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete are in my top list of winter season.
Jan 11, 11:06 AM

Dec 2021
Oh man... he can just say "half die," and everyone in the background kicks the bucket? Well, GG, you're all in deep trouble. Nothing can top that.

Chasing after their classmates, Yogiri and Tomochika visited a certain town one night. In that town, the two were deceived by seemingly friendly beastmen and fell victim to a criminal group. Using the "Instant Death Cheat," Yogiri and Tomochika killed their attackers and escaped the dire situation. However, having witnessed the whole ordeal, they were apprehended by the town guards. Though they managed to bluff their way out and were released, suddenly, an apparition resembling Tomochika's older sister, Dannoura Mokomoko, appeared.

This power just keeps getting more ridiculous, and I sort of... enjoy it..?

Jan 11, 11:16 AM
May 2015
So when they arrived at the gate no one understood Japanese and they had to go get someone that understood it. From then on everyone seemed to understand Japanese? This show has so many issues. Don't know why I even gave it a second episode.
Jan 11, 11:25 AM
Sep 2015
That spirit is quite annoying.
Jan 11, 11:31 AM
Jan 2020
Does any body know where to watch it uncensored the dark lights censorship makes my eyes bleed hidive isn't available in my country so can sombody give link to uncensored site
Jan 11, 11:34 AM

Aug 2021
this show is random and all over the place so far, there's literaly 0 likeable characters + spirit, who is annoying as hell.
Jan 11, 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
The bizarre and ridiculous was off the charts in this episode and it gets even weirder later. They skipped some things but that wasn't a bad decision since we get less of the annoying ghost on screen.
Jan 11, 11:54 AM

Nov 2014
Honestly, this shit is entertaining in some weird way. And that girl even had some good moments, like nonchalantly suggesting to kill sage and robot just because they stand in the way lol
Jan 11, 11:54 AM

Feb 2019
I genuinely have no idea what’s going on in this show. It feels like we skipped an episode. When I criticised some aspects of the story last week people got upset and downvoted me saying it’s a lovecraftian parody type set up and a comedy.. I’m not seeing it so far. Story seems all over the place. Lot of characters introduced and random conflicts. Just hard to follow

And I’m not a hard rater obviously so it’s not like I high standards for enjoyment, but I gotta at least be able to follow along or have some good fanservice lmao.. also what’s up with all the black bars on the edges of the screen during seemingly random scenes? During the train scene it happened, during the last scene with vampire waifu and a couple other times.

On the positive side of things, I do like that the MC has no issue with killing and doesn’t try to be a good guy in the traditional sense. I think Dannoura is cute and her being as lost as I am at times is hilarious. Seems like she’ll have some sort of ability to manifest at some point which will make things interesting.

Show is meh so far but it is only two episodes so I’ll let em cook. Could be like Jitsuore where I don’t like it at first and then it grows on me
Marinate1016Jan 11, 12:09 PM
Jan 11, 12:07 PM
Feb 2021
It's a pile a trash and terrible story the Mc is just a plank of wood with no emotion and to over powered and story s dull
Jan 11, 1:02 PM

May 2021
Another one of those shows where authors think annoying loud screaming = funny.
Jan 11, 1:16 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Raarz
So when they arrived at the gate no one understood Japanese and they had to go get someone that understood it. From then on everyone seemed to understand Japanese? This show has so many issues. Don't know why I even gave it a second episode.
Raarz said:
From then on everyone seemed to understand Japanese?

As I said above, some people in this world decide to learn japanese. Think of it as people from non-speaking english country simply decided to adopt english as their second language because they get visited quite frequently by english speaking people.

Eldegarde and Jorge (The guards captain and vice-captain) looks to be well educated, so it is not farfetch if they study japanese for the sake of looking after Sage Candidates (People summoned from Japan).

And if you paid attention, after Yogiri and Tomochika stayed in the hotel. Yogiri had gone to buy them pair of Auto-translation accessories.
Jan 11, 1:29 PM
Feb 2022
Not the greatest adaptation so far. I don’t think skipping things is the end of the world, but some things do need explaining. The robots explanation of the worlds and why returning isn’t easy I felt was much more fleshed out in the manga and needed a little more time spent on it since it’s basically why they set out on the journey ahead of them. Also.. what have they done with Mokomoko? In the manga I found her lovably annoying, here she’s just annoying..
Jan 11, 1:31 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Overlord-The-END

@Overlord-The-END
It’s also worth adding that the mecha, due to the level of danger from SCP Yogiri, even changed his voice from a robotic male to a cute female one, but I’m glad that the joke about the concierge, which could have done anything, was not cut out. Although the black lines are still annoying.
Jan 11, 1:43 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to ShiroAlex
@Overlord-The-END
It’s also worth adding that the mecha, due to the level of danger from SCP Yogiri, even changed his voice from a robotic male to a cute female one, but I’m glad that the joke about the concierge, which could have done anything, was not cut out. Although the black lines are still annoying.
@ShiroAlex
I didn't make a comment on that cuz I don't think it's important enough to tell other people.

Though it is funny AF cuz in most Isekai, for some reason, they manage to introduce female characters in all shape or form. Undead, monster, hologram, so why not a robot that speak in a girly voice? Turns out the robot is trying to catfish Yogiri so he spare him 😂
Jan 11, 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
Please could someone explain what we are looking at!!!! 😂🤣🤣🤣
Jan 11, 2:08 PM

Jul 2014

So far, so good. I like Takatou and Dannoura, I'm having fun with them. Also, the world/setting is interesting enough, I want to know more.

The fact that they used the cat girl who died as an eyecatch sure is something.

By the way, what's with the darkness in the corners of the screen? I've seen it more than once and it's not really censorship, it's just there.
Jan 11, 2:20 PM
Aug 2021
I can’t stand the voice of the spirit, it’s so annoying
Jan 11, 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
This feels like the anime version of an AI art with messed up fingers and extra limbs.
Jan 11, 4:40 PM
Jul 2015
Am I the only one struggling to figure out if this is supposed to be a parody? This seems harder to discern than the first season of the misfit at demon lord academy. For those that know the source material, is this a bad adaptation or is the story meant to be this broken and mixed up?
Jan 11, 5:22 PM

Dec 2017
It's like a fever dream. This is probably a show best enjoyed in one sitting with a lot of popcorn and company. I won't remember who any of the side characters were next week let alone two months from now.

Anyways 6/5. Could use a more avant-garde visual style to really sell the randomness. I like the main duo but that ghost got to be the worst mascot character ever.
Jan 11, 5:27 PM

Feb 2019
Remember that girl we just killed off a few minutes ago...here's an eye catch of her in a cute pose. This show doesn't have almost any redeeming value at the moment.
Jan 11, 6:08 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Ready_Player_1
Am I the only one struggling to figure out if this is supposed to be a parody? This seems harder to discern than the first season of the misfit at demon lord academy. For those that know the source material, is this a bad adaptation or is the story meant to be this broken and mixed up?
@Ready_Player_1
It is suppose to be a satire Isekai, created to take a jab at those archetype of Power Fantasy Isekai by having the MC the power of Instant Death.

You have our first antagonist as "Returner Isekai Hero," then finding out that people are regularly summoned into this world (most are japanese too and they usually have OP ability, no surprise there), then the first native friend that suppose to be the "cute heroine guide" turns out to be a kidnapper.

Yes, all of this is parody.

Heck later on we will get Rimuru, Hajime, Subaru, even Anos type of characters as parody character.

However is the anime a good adaptation? Nope, episode 2 is pretty bad in pacing.

Refer to my previous post covering what they have cut for the Anime.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2140313&id=70416456
Jan 11, 6:42 PM
Sep 2019
Is every sage just a complete a******? 🤨😰
Jan 11, 7:12 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Marinate1016
I genuinely have no idea what’s going on in this show. It feels like we skipped an episode. When I criticised some aspects of the story last week people got upset and downvoted me saying it’s a lovecraftian parody type set up and a comedy.. I’m not seeing it so far. Story seems all over the place. Lot of characters introduced and random conflicts. Just hard to follow

And I’m not a hard rater obviously so it’s not like I high standards for enjoyment, but I gotta at least be able to follow along or have some good fanservice lmao.. also what’s up with all the black bars on the edges of the screen during seemingly random scenes? During the train scene it happened, during the last scene with vampire waifu and a couple other times.

On the positive side of things, I do like that the MC has no issue with killing and doesn’t try to be a good guy in the traditional sense. I think Dannoura is cute and her being as lost as I am at times is hilarious. Seems like she’ll have some sort of ability to manifest at some point which will make things interesting.

Show is meh so far but it is only two episodes so I’ll let em cook. Could be like Jitsuore where I don’t like it at first and then it grows on me
@Marinate1016

About Dannoura, did you pay attention to the episode dialogue, xD?
In this episode the spirit literally told her that she was going to receive the abilities from her ancestor, because she is a descendant (of Minamoto no Yoshitsune/Ushiwakamaru, most likely, considering her very peculiar last name, Dannoura, comes from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dan-no-ura where said samurai fought).
She even received a sword at the end of the episode, that fit with her receiving the abilities of a legendary samurai.
So she will become a legendary samurai.
(only to still get outshined by MC instant killing anyone and ending up being useless anyway, of course)
bruh
Jan 11, 7:16 PM

Feb 2019
FullyCharged said:
@Marinate1016

In this episode the spirit literally told her that she was going to receive the abilities from her ancestor, because she is a descendant (of Minamoto no Yoshitsune/Ushiwakamaru, most likely, considering her very peculiar last name, Dannoura, comes from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dan-no-ura where said samurai fought).
She even received a sword at the end of the episode, that fit with her receiving the abilities of a legendary samurai.
(only to still get outshined by MC instant killing anyone and ending up being useless anyway, of course)

You’ve clearly read the books so that’s what’s up.
Jan 11, 7:20 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Marinate1016
FullyCharged said:
@Marinate1016

You’ve clearly read the books so that’s what’s up.
@Marinate1016

mmmm, nope, still haven't touched the manga, it was in the episode.

mmmm, maybe it was the english localization being different from the language I watched the ep subbed in? maybe they worded it weird in english

because in my (italian) sub it was clearly said by the spirit that she was going to receive her ancestor's ability.
the ancestor name was not mentioned, but her last name is very peculiar, as I said, and that pretty much leaves no other option, oh well, maybe me playing FGO made it easier to recognize, but outside of that, what would you remember dannoura for lol, it either just sounds random or it doesn't and if it doesn't, it refers to the battle of dannoura, where a legendary samurai fought, and she received a katana, so I make 2+2 = 4, lol.

FullyChargedJan 11, 7:26 PM
bruh
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

129 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:11 AM

» I wish this got a season 2

Infinite23 - Mar 25

22 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4

182 by Lolicon »»
Oct 6, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

50 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 30, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22

49 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 6, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.