Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 3, 6:24 PM

Jul 2014
Hard to watch, weird mix of 2d and 3d with a bunch of different shading and texturing styles.
Fights are even worse than Demon Slayer, he's Superman but with a sword, but we're supposed to pretend he's not Superman and just really good with a sword. Zero effort to make the action look like anything but random nonsense.
Jan 3, 7:08 PM

Oct 2022
High marks for brutality. A good story needs a little darkness.
While it's an isekai, the world-building has some potential. Exploring what comes after is a relatively fresh idea.

Jan 3, 7:23 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Morcombe1990
dunno if i like this or not.

The SDH subs were nothing but a distraction, i dont want my attention taken away from whats happening to read [action music playing] and stupid stuff like people are chattering or gasping or panting, wtf were they thinking with that decision.

also is soujiro supposed to be likeable cause he's not, an entire city just died and all he cares about is fighting the big ass robot cause its fun.

what happened with the girl at the end too? does she blame him for what happened or not, is she planning to use one of the other built up characters to kill him or what? they didn't explain very well what her motive is other than I want to know more about him? why it looks like the only thing worthwhile about him is being a bodyguard for food, since he showed no empathy, compassion or any kind of likable charcter trait.
@Morcombe1990 It seems like the sword dude is pretty used to people dying around him tbh. He talked about fighting m1 abrams, so either he was so dangerous to people that the government of his world sent tanks to attack him or that he has experience in an active warzone. Either way it implies he's used to seeing lots of people die.

As for the girl, seems like she kinda just wants to find a reason for why the horrible tragedy happened and decides to blame it on the sword dude and people like him(people who are strong and have the ability to at any time step over the weak, like her).
Jan 3, 7:28 PM

Nov 2022
Off to a good start. The wide variety of characters shown in the OP looks soo diverse, we legit got an elf, a human, a gladiator, a priest, a fucking DRAGON/Wyvern that could probably speak, A SKELETON, a dark mage (the guy on the swamp big black robe), and so much more. I hope this anime won't disappoint.
Jan 3, 7:52 PM
Apr 2023
Looks interesting - aside from the build up of lore being too hasty I feel it has made a good first impression. Hopefully it gets to be consistent.
Jan 3, 8:02 PM

Oct 2022
The animation is quite epic IMO. The 3D is not junky at all. Fight scenes are amazing and the effects are astonishing. I'm in!
Jan 3, 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
Oopft that was brutal that girl getting ripped apart

The hybrid animation is interesting looking has that darker look of some older shows. Although it looked horrendous some scenes like with it being used on background people walking but it looks good on the golem.

I like how this was done from a perspective of some victim spectator to everything going on instead of this annoyingly detached isekai protagonist.

Embient said:
I wonder why is 黄都 (kouto) - "yellow/golden capital" is translated as "Aureatia". This seems to be the case in the LN too, and from Google searches, it doesn't appear to be a real word.

Aureus is Latin for "golden". There is a feminine given name Aurelia that means "golden one" that is derived from a Latin family name Aurelius. Apparently a Roman province had the name Raetia named after the Raeti People but meaning of the word is unknown. So those were just put together is my guess just something to sound Latin derived and have a similar intended meaning.

MegamiRem said:
So this is a reverse isekai with people from earth coming to this world. Reminded me of drifters with the similar setting and action.

Reverse isekai i thought was more like an urban fantasy where someone from another world goes into our world. This instead is rather an isekai from a perspective of someone other than the one who came from another world so far at least
traedJan 3, 8:44 PM
Jan 3, 8:44 PM

Dec 2022
This sounds exciting. The fight is kinda good but it sure worth to watch. Although the pacing is very confusing sometimes.
Jan 3, 8:44 PM
Apr 2022
oh no, not the rumbling! thought this's gonna be yuri couple surviving golem apocalypse instead got introduced to a battle junkie sword master with a heroine who may has ptsd, fine start
Jan 3, 8:50 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to Zaxphred
someone tell me from when robots started to bleed or is it oil doesnt seem like it

anyway seems like another isekai though the first impression was it was fantasy
@Zaxphred ah but you're slightly mistaken
It's not an Isekai per se
It has a character who was Isekaid but as you'll quickly learn
There isn't one main character here
Jan 3, 8:56 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to Mr_Fudgee
This sounds exciting. The fight is kinda good but it sure worth to watch. Although the pacing is very confusing sometimes.
@Mr_Fudgee I feel like
Knowing how this story is structured, the pacing is only going to get weirder cause boy do we have a lot of characters to introduce
Jan 3, 8:58 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to kuroneko99
  • Is the nasty simpering swordsman the protagonist?
  • "The world of Maroudo is under the law of physics." Apparently, the man was breaking the law. It's too much.
@kuroneko99 answer is sort of? The story from what I've read doesn't really have like 1 main protag rather following several different characters so we are going to be jumping between characters episode by episode
Jan 3, 9:02 PM
Aug 2019
My biggest concern, applified by how many volumes the ln took to introduce everyone, is I don't think we are getting into big part anytime soon cause theyre doing a chapter per episode it seems so there's so we are going to spend like the entire season being introduced to the characters lol
Jan 3, 9:04 PM
Apr 2022
Is it just me or does the MC’s character design resemble stain from mha?
Jan 3, 9:16 PM
Jun 2021
the episode was the most shounen first episode where the girl wants mc to leave or he will die...but the mc is op so kill the enemy instead
apart from that nice episode...I liked the dark gory theme and I also liked the character of soujiro but I can't say about yuno...maybe she is in the moment and we will character development later....
Jan 3, 9:23 PM

Oct 2022
The beginning was good until the poor white haired girl got butchered like a toy O_O
Guess this will turn even darker the next episodes.

Jan 3, 9:34 PM
Nov 2021
The fight scene was decent but I don't like the heroine so probably won't bother watching this.
It seems like it might have an interesting world build but at the same time I dont want to see any more content with Yuno in it so will pass on watching for now.
Jan 3, 10:06 PM

Dec 2022
The world and its inhabitants are really interesting to me so far. So let's see how this one does especially since this has a level of gore similar to Kingdoms of Ruin but a protagonist who's easier to get behind.
Jan 3, 10:19 PM

Nov 2010
Metrona said:
answer is sort of? The story from what I've read doesn't really have like 1 main protag rather following several different characters so we are going to be jumping between characters episode by episode
oh, I see. Thank you for the information.
Jan 3, 10:50 PM

Oct 2022
Finally someone that doesn´t fall to their knees when their savior shows up and also, I love how determined she is to find someone that´ll kill him lol.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 3, 10:51 PM
Aug 2019
This is pretty much a Drifters clone so far from what I can tell..

I really liked Drifters for what it was, so we will see how it goes from here..
Jan 3, 11:24 PM
Dec 2023
Pretty interesting so far. Gave me Souls vibe when she started naming strong beings of her world
Jan 4, 12:13 AM

Mar 2018
is this a battle shounen?
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jan 4, 12:37 AM

Dec 2022
Very interesting story. So far so good. The gore isn't too exaggerated, and the fights are fluid. Can't wait to meet all the other characters. Don't understand all the titles and labels they presented but will see if they explain more later.

I wonder how many aside from Soujiro were isekai'd to that world.

Jan 4, 12:45 AM
Jun 2023
i like the plot the vibe of the mc is kinda nice
Jan 4, 1:07 AM

Oct 2022
Well damn, that went dark real fast. Great start to the new year. Don't know exactly what's going on just yet but seems good.
Jan 4, 3:08 AM
Nov 2022
Interesting start. Wonder where it'll go from here.
Jan 4, 4:59 AM

Dec 2022
Woah. I was NOT expecting Lucelles to die that brutally. Still, a damn good first episode! Looking forward to meeting the rest of the cast.
Jan 4, 5:21 AM
Dec 2023
Reminds me of Guilty Gear
Jan 4, 5:34 AM
Jul 2015
who's the protagonist in this series??
Jan 4, 5:42 AM

Oct 2022
This anime is gonna be something, considering how just one dude and his sword took down a whole damn giant golem like it was paper. Insane.
Jan 4, 6:21 AM
May 2022
It’s… fine? It definitely seems like one of those edge fest fantasy anime like we got plenty of last season. But it could be ok maybe? Conflicted but I’ll keep watching for now
Jan 4, 6:46 AM

Apr 2021
Alright so I read the manga and was excited for this but then saw all the cgi (and I hate cgi) in the trailer so I had my doubts about the adaptation. After watching this illegally because it is only on Hulu and Disney + and I am currently in a country where both is unavailable, I was pleasantly surprised. The cgi is there and yes I hate it but it is still pretty good so far. The fight scene was very interesting and fun to watch. I think it can be decent/ good going further down. I just hope the cgi doesn’t get too bad to where I can’t focus on the show because of it.

Quick edit: how the hell is this on Disney+??? Isn’t Disney supposed to be kid friendly? Unless they took out the part where the girl gets literally ripped to pieces.
Jan 4, 6:57 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to winddevil1
5:10
i already expected to dislike the anime based on the synopsis, but seeing the girl dying like that... yeah nah, hard drop lmao

also don't bother telling me i'm wrong like every other time i dropped an anime, idc lol
@winddevil1 I usually don’t like to comment on veterans who’ve seen way more anime than me but I feel like seeeing from your favorites and what you mainly watch it seems you prefer fluffy lighthearted shows. This show is definitely not that. So maybe that’s why you wouldn’t enjoy an anime like this?
Jan 4, 7:16 AM
Feb 2023
I dont like Science vs Magic with gore as finishing

Too edgy like Ruin Kingdom
Jan 4, 7:21 AM

Oct 2015
Zerovor said:
who's the protagonist in this series??

I have read the first volume of the LN.
The answer is no protagonist.
This LN is similar to Fate/Zero.
A bunch of overpowered characters trying to kill each other.
I dropped the LN in Volume 2 because it introduced too many characters and it got too confusing for me to read~
Jan 4, 8:39 AM
Sep 2021
the girl was so annoying omg I lowered the volume just so I don't hear her screaming every second... the story sucks and very rushed like wtf is going on? and the girl looks like so lunatic with her way of thinking at the end.... animation is good.
Jan 4, 8:40 AM

Apr 2022
The budget was so scattered I don't know if I was more disgusted with the shitty CG or pleasantly surprised with the fight scenes. The soundtrack sucks ass though, and the pacing is all over the place. Not impressed so far, but let's see where it goes from here...
Jan 4, 9:14 AM
Oct 2019
Cool episode, I want to see how they will meet each other and what their relationship will be like
Jan 4, 10:10 AM

Jun 2016
first episode llooks promisingly good !!

surely added to wwatch list !!
Jan 4, 10:14 AM
Oct 2023
Mucha acción directo a lo que va
Jan 4, 10:30 AM
Jan 2019
So it was a good anime the only part I don't like is the whole announcing everything like the ground rambling if any of this makes sense.
Jan 4, 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
Holy Shit that was amazing. Might be one of the best Isekai's in a while. I love Yuno's character and motive for joining Soujirou on his journey. It's like if Genos wanted Saitama to die and tried to find enemies to get him killed. I love the use of CGI in this show. They use only on the crowds and when the golems move in mass but then change back to 2d when it's in focus combat time. The shockwaves spread out in 2 waves and the cgi mixes in with the 2d seamlessly when he fights on top of the giant robot. The narration is also kept as minimum as possible and is only added after the subject of the narration has performed it's job. Love it. Favorite anime of the season so far. The laser beam was amazing too.
Jan 4, 12:37 PM
Dec 2020
reavz said:
I liked the Dark Souls bosses at the end.

Glad I'm not the only one who got big time Elden Ring vibes from that ending sequence showing all the characters! Looking forward to another episode.
Jan 4, 1:27 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah not feeling this one at all, world building is a mess filled with all the popular tropes, cgi was pretty underwhelming, overall action was all over the place, there's just nothing engaging for me here, might give an episode or two more then drop, depends on how filled this anime season is i guess
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 4, 2:18 PM
Jun 2022
I really like this first episode ngl. But I don't want this anime to end up to be like Kingdom of Ruin, which was trash.
Jan 4, 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Amaterasu803
@winddevil1 I usually don’t like to comment on veterans who’ve seen way more anime than me but I feel like seeeing from your favorites and what you mainly watch it seems you prefer fluffy lighthearted shows. This show is definitely not that. So maybe that’s why you wouldn’t enjoy an anime like this?
@Amaterasu803
yes, that's why i expected to dislike it, but i also wasn't sure, so felt like checking (like i said, only like 3 anime this season so far at that moment and i watched the other 2), maybe it would change my mind ... but yeah, it didn't lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 4, 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
That Lena lookalike got killed by machines? Be honest, who had to think of 86 in that moment? Lol.

Here we go again with another edgy fantasy. Production is surprisingly nice, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 4:32 PM

Dec 2022
This first episode was fun, showed potential to be a little more mature and gorey than most, the intrigue is spot on with the inclusion of a non-Earth based primary world and other worldly visitors with special skills and the natives using a "Word" system which is pretty cool and the animation is perfectly fine.
Jan 4, 4:40 PM

Apr 2020
Didn't expect much from Passione but boy, it was bad. I think the only good anime this studio did was Ishuzoku Reviewers.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

66 by Leviata_Reis »»
Oct 13, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

61 by Kaizoku1989 »»
Oct 11, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 10

99 by Leviata_Reis »»
Oct 10, 9:56 AM

» Underrated

Naveen6662246 - Oct 1

12 by darwrin123 »»
Oct 3, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

46 by Garrett_Dark »»
Sep 10, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.