Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Aug 19, 2019 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
Kiryu_Kazuma said:
SwanQueen said:
I SEE A LOT OF HOMOPHOBIC PEOPLE HERE

Lots of weebs are from religious countries and can barely handle themselves when other weebs insult Oreimo/Eromanga/lolishit. They're not exactly bastions of liberal views.

I'm from a religious country and I know how they think but it's making me sick to see it even here
and I really hate when they talk about the gay scenes but they never talk about pedophilia in other animes
Nov 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Feb 2017
This romance and love polygon stuff is dumb, lol.
Jan 19, 2020 4:25 PM

May 2016
Everyone in this society is now gay?
Jan 31, 2020 6:06 AM

Dec 2018

Lol, this show lived up to its name: Shinsekai Yori = Shinsekai Yaoi + Shinsekai Yuri. And that's why this is categorized into 'horror'.

A dystopia indeed.

Although Saki and Shun are following the trend, they realized that it's weird for human to be like that. And it's obvious that Shun is going to be something mentioned in the story told in the beginning of the show.

1 thing that still bothered me is Mamoru's gender.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 7, 2020 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
hahaha.. sure this episode discussion is homophobic.. what a bunch of snowflakes
Apr 14, 2020 1:21 AM

Jul 2016
yay~ normalized lgbt couples!
Apr 26, 2020 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
I wasn't expecting that. It was creepy and disgusting.
May 5, 2020 6:40 PM

Apr 2016
All the homophobia on this thread is unnerving. Damn.
Jul 9, 2020 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
No offense but... tf I can't.. I keep skipping 10 seconds in any gay activities.. I hope i didn't miss anything.
Jul 9, 2020 9:30 AM
Feb 2020
JustPassingBy98 said:
No offense but... tf I can't.. I keep skipping 10 seconds in any gay activities.. I hope i didn't miss anything.

Ok Homophobe. Ya'll acting like it's something gruesome for a french kiss. Y'all never seen two guys and two girls kiss before?
Jul 13, 2020 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
I'm honestly shocked by all the homophobia on this thread lol
Aug 28, 2020 1:44 PM

Jul 2019
god this thread is embarassing

this is why anime fans have such a shit reputation. yall have issues fr
Sep 2, 2020 8:16 PM
Aug 2020
edeswen said:
dafuk yuri and yaoi scene ?
anime dropped~

Couldn't agree more!
Sep 3, 2020 12:43 PM
Feb 2020
wrs7 said:
edeswen said:
dafuk yuri and yaoi scene ?
anime dropped~

Couldn't agree more!

Yikes, y'all are embarrassing. The most neckbeardish shit I've seen recently lol
Nov 3, 2020 1:23 AM

Jan 2020
The yaoi and yuri scenes kinda startled me to be honest. Not that I dislike it, but I certainly didn't expect Shun and Satoru be couples. Well, they quickly broke up. But why, though?

It seems that the adults had found out about the kids' deeds a long time ago and now the kids are being punished for it. So, is Shun the first one to be punished? What are the adults intending to do to him?

Quite a few questions need to be answered here.
Nov 4, 2020 6:56 AM
Apr 2016
Love always has and will drive people to do stupid shit, it's ludicrous to think their society survived for this long while depending on that kind of thing to remain peaceful. A very interesting turn of events... the only reason that we aren't floating in space is the sheer weight of this show's balls stabilizing the gravitational field.
Nov 5, 2020 3:06 AM

Jul 2017
After the cliffhanger of the previous episode, this episode felt like it broke a lot of the pace and intensity that the last episode had produced by being this slow burner with a timeskip too. A lot of homosexuality was on display but made sense given how the show was showcasing the society needed to have love like the bonobos, where sexual activity takes place to relief stress and conflict as much as possible with not much restrictions regarding ages or genders at that particular time. It does make sense why it is in the anime suddenly, but I wish it was built up to it a bit better.
Dec 14, 2020 4:45 AM
Aug 2020
throughout that scene i was like no nonon ono please no guys, but it still happened :(
Dec 17, 2020 7:49 AM
Feb 2020
AmericanPendos said:
throughout that scene i was like no nonon ono please no guys, but it still happened :(

you have never seen someone makeout, or?
Jan 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2020
not yall being a bunch of narrow minded homophobics in this thread i hate it here
Feb 10, 2021 6:27 PM
Feb 2016
Wtf just happened ? One two year timeskip and everyone turned gay ? Is this some kind of punishment by the monks or just plain ole fanservice ? I also like it how we don't get to hear anything new until half way through where they decide to info dump everything about the king and those beasts. If this is the way the show is going further,then I'll drop it right here right now. What a disappointing decline from those excellent set of 3 eps earlier
Apr 3, 2021 1:22 AM

Jan 2020
Is this episode a reference to "Universe 25" experiment were an utopia of mouse civilizations destroy themselves because of demographic overexpansion, homosexuality and feminazis? If Saki becomes gyaru, I'm gonna punch someone lmao
Apr 15, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2019
was not expecting the yuri and yaoi even when it was foreshadowed before. them being 14 didnt help either

Apr 21, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2019
I mean what the fuck
Apr 21, 2021 3:22 AM

Jul 2019
itachimin said:
not yall being a bunch of narrow minded homophobics in this thread i hate it here

Still not as homophobic as Shun and Satoru lasting 3 seconds as a couple lol
Apr 21, 2021 3:28 AM

Jul 2019
LelPop said:
was not expecting the yuri and yaoi even when it was foreshadowed before. them being 14 didnt help either

I even read there would be some gay developments and color me surprised when it didn't even involve Mamoru lol

This would've made more sense had they given some scenes to Shun and Satoru and Saki and Maria. Before this it was only Saki and Satoru or Saki and Shun.

It felt like just messing with the audience on purpose because the baboon explanation doesn't explain why there were so many gay couples lol. Do they do it to not have many children?
Jun 3, 2021 5:32 PM

Feb 2021
Glad I was not the only one who got confused with the "everyone is gay" episode.

And the animation seems to have, somehow, gotten worse.

Still a good show though and I'll definitely keep watching.
Oct 24, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2021
Well, i don't even know why im suprised at all the homophobic comments. Great episode, I wasn't expecting everyone to be so open about their sexualities, love the fact that it's not an issue in this future, good representation :)
Nov 29, 2021 1:41 PM

Mar 2020
Kissing the homies isn't gay calm down guys
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 8, 2022 7:40 AM

Nov 2018
Finally, something original happened here. But I wasn't expecting a gay time skip ...
I hate everyone equally
Feb 6, 2022 10:20 AM
Nov 2020
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

HOW DOES HE KNOW THEIR BEING WATCHED?

WHAT HAPPENED IN THESE 2 YEARS?

WHY IS EVERYONE SUDDENLY G*Y NOW? (not that I'm complaining but still wtf)

WHATS UP WITH THE STROGEST USER GUY?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS AND 0 ANSWERS AAAAAAAA.....
Feb 8, 2022 8:01 AM
Nov 2020
Why are the kids in this anime so god damn horny ??!! It's creepy as fuck.
Apr 1, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2021
It was a good episode but I didn't expected yaoi and yuri themes in this anime.
Apr 12, 2022 2:12 PM

Oct 2018
Glad to see this thread is still full of kids freaking it over guys kissing, even after all these years later.
Apr 21, 2022 12:27 AM

Dec 2018
jimjimex said:
Remember. Our real world Oil-based-Industrial-Civilization was based on agricultural societies.
In agricultural societies, they hate people who do not have kids because the society needed as many people for labor as possible. So if you eat the food, sit around and be all homosexual and don't reproduce, you were hated.

Look at history. All societies that permit homosexuality like the Roman Empire, Liu Song Dynasty of China, had economies that were WAY out of their agricultural roots. They became trade-based economies before they permitted homosexuality.

Look at us in the 21st Century. Our trend to tolerate homosexuality is no exception.

it's always periods of decadence either during or right before a massive crash and the civilization is wiped off the earth. it always happens that way every time.
Apr 21, 2022 12:41 AM

Dec 2018
first part, completely pointless
second part, finally back to plot
Apr 27, 2022 5:00 PM

Jan 2020
A two year time-skip where seemingly nothing bad happened to anyone despite all that built up tension from the last episode. Also, everyone is banging each other now.

Saki can do better than Satoru anyway -- I guess she's with Maria, for some reason. It's odd that Saki is with anybody at all really. She definitely doesn't seem like a sexually driven character. She's even coming off as disgusted at herself here in this episode. Though, wanting to gasm could just be indoctrinated behavior just like in Brave New World.

I guess Saki was pining after Shun after all, equally weird.

If Shun is such a genius as this episode insisted, I can't imagine they'd readily kill him anyway. Especially if he's expected to take over in the future. The other kids probably won't get the same preferential treatment though.
commonxreactionApr 28, 2022 10:35 PM

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 17, 2022 5:38 PM
Sep 2016
-50 points for Hufflepuff
Jun 17, 2022 6:58 PM
Apr 2020
What tf is with the art/animation with this show? For 4 episodes it was gorgeous, the 5th was an atrocity, the 6-7th brought it back and now it's ugly again with the 8th?

At least only the first half of the episode had inconsistent art/animation and wasn't nearly as bad as episode 5, but what's going on?
Jul 4, 2022 10:03 AM
Apr 2021
while watching this episode all i thought was “What the fuck is going on”. Expected everything but that lmao. Two years passed and all of a sudden it’s yaoi and yuri heaven??? My mind is just full of question marks rn, but i’ll keep watching, maybe i’ll understand later on lol.
Jul 7, 2022 1:10 PM
May 2021
Wtf was that Gay shit scene??? I want to kill this mf author. This mf ruined the whole series for me. It was going so well with the horror, thrillee but introduced this gay shit. Oh god I need to pure my eyes I guess. Fck u author
Oct 30, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
oh wow that was soooo gay, id forgotten just how gay this episode was, now i see why back then this episode rustled some jimmies XD, me? it doesnt bother me in the least, im more annoying at how bad some parts of the episode looked, if i remember correctly the animation improved considerably after this
Feb 4, 2023 2:05 PM

May 2021
I expected this thread to have tons of butthurt comments and I wasn't disappointed lol what surprised me more is that so many people didn't even realize why the "gay stuff" was happening, even though it was literally explained several episodes prior. If you're going to complain about something so trivial, at least comprehend what you're watching, jeez. Well, I guess if you were watching it weekly, you could've easily forgotten some parts, but not like it applies to everyone who left those raging comments.
Feb 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2013
-YaoiBoy- said:
I expected this thread to have tons of butthurt comments and I wasn't disappointed lol what surprised me more is that so many people didn't even realize why the "gay stuff" was happening, even though it was literally explained several episodes prior. If you're going to complain about something so trivial, at least comprehend what you're watching, jeez. Well, I guess if you were watching it weekly, you could've easily forgotten some parts, but not like it applies to everyone who left those raging comments.

iv not watched this episode in ages since im far ahead, what was the reason, i don't remember?
i wasn't  complaining but i was definitely confused when i first watched this.
Feb 5, 2023 9:08 AM

May 2021
jnw93 said:
-YaoiBoy- said:

iv not watched this episode in ages since im far ahead, what was the reason, i don't remember?
i wasn't  complaining but i was definitely confused when i first watched this.
Several episodes prior, the false minoshiro thingy explained to the kids how the scientists (one of the major surviving groups upon which the current society we see in the anime is basically based) tried to replicate the society of bonobo monkeys, where they have sex with each other to relieve stress, regardless of whether they're male or female. Since relieving stress is an important part of keeping the psychic powers under control, we're shown how the characters during their teen years are engaging in homosexual activity + it helps to avoid pregnancies because kids are seen as a danger, since if they lose control, they can bring unspeakable destruction, as we've seen throughout the show. Sure, maybe they went a bit overboard with the fan service part and they could've included some heterosexual couples for contrast, but the whole point was to focus on the fact that this is how their society functions and also hint that most of the teens probably didn't even feel anything while they were doing it because of the engineered homosexuality aspect, even though a lot of them, including some of the main characters, had certainly formed at least some kind of a romantic attachment with people of the same sex and it can certainly be described as genuine. So, I decided to check what people were saying here and, of course, it was something like "nooo everyone turned gay without a reason and are now kissing, so evil, disgusting, will drop the show" etc. and I was kind of disheartened more by the fact that they didn't even understand what was happening, but their complaints knew no bounds :) and I decided to point that out because I felt like it (I don't usually comment in episode/chapter threads).
Feb 5, 2023 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
that makes sense, i do remember the monkey discussion now
Apr 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Feb 2014
I mean, sure, that yaoi and yuri scenes was a little bit surprising but my main concern the entire time was hoping there's not going to be any moaning sound because my cousin was with me and my headphone is broken lol. Overall, this episode is okay in my book.
Jun 14, 2023 7:10 PM

Nov 2019
Yeahhh im dropping this shit gay asf. Kinda disappointing honestly the shows premise was interesting and the previous episodes where fire but I did not sign up to see two men kissing this shits nasty as hell. 
Dec 9, 2023 3:41 PM
Jul 2021
It suddenly got gay!!!! <3
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
Disgusting. How did that kid went from being the typical energetic masculine youth to gay? Like this came completely out of left field, It does not make sense psychologically. The two kids the male and female had gone through tough shit with the rat monsters and even shared intimate moments, you would think their relationship would develop from there but noooo...

Now, I have nothing against gay people but when I see shit like this out of nowhere it just makes me puke and it makes no sense either. You can bring up the bonobo mojo jojo monkey theory all you want, the fact is you can't just delete the childhood friend factor who has faced a life or death situation and then from out of nowhere and make them gay.

Reminds me of Darling in the Franxx but the homosexuality and the horniness was justified and came natural. Mamoru is the sad kid that no one wants tho, at least that part is still realistic the less attractive men will always be overshadowed.
HansDevXDec 10, 2023 9:10 PM
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2012

299 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

517 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

364 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2012

281 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 5, 2012

322 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.