Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 14, 2023 7:45 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Animillion
I have no idea why this was so hyped by LN readers. This, Eminence in Shadow, and Mushoku were the most hyped LN series prior to anime imo, and the latter 2 actually lived up to that hype. Shame on me for thinking the same for this one. Overall not bad, but just mid
@Animillion, those two are very bad, thanks for reminding. Nanatsuma is great, I like it so much! Plan to read the light novel.
Oct 14, 2023 8:11 AM

Jun 2016
honestly the ending is so fucking bad !!!
the MC didnt show anything make it worse !!

the only good from this show is just episode 7 when the mc show us the revenge target !!

also the pacing story so slow AF !!!

5/10 maybe too high ..
Oct 14, 2023 8:52 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to NirvashX1
honestly the ending is so fucking bad !!!
the MC didnt show anything make it worse !!

the only good from this show is just episode 7 when the mc show us the revenge target !!

also the pacing story so slow AF !!!

5/10 maybe too high ..
@NirvashX1, it is the ending only in anime, not in light novel.
Oct 14, 2023 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
The only person I feel for here is Godfrey. Dude spends two months of his life to try to make Ophelia feel welcomed/accepted. She becomes part of the club but after getting bullied one time she goes complete sicko mode ending with an ultimate spell that essentially is a double suicide pack as Carlos took he part of the "final visitor" or whatever the terminology they used was. Your good friend Carlos taken from you by complete psycho where the conflict probably could have been completely avoided if you took even 1/10th the effort to communicate with Godfrey as he did with you over those six months. Compete clown character.
Oct 14, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2019
Eh, the finale was ok but overall I was not satisfied with this series since it felt rushed but it did not really end either. It felt jarring how halfway through the series it appeared that Oliver was going to get revenge on the teachers that used and either murdered or were accessories to her murder but instead we got an arc on Ophelia. Speaking of her, when her and Vera were fighting I thought Vera died but at the end she showed up alive, what happened there? Also, the spellblades that Oliver and Nanao possess were not used at all in the end either, in fact they were irrelevant as characters since it was Carlos that apparently sacrificed himself (and his gonads when he was young) to stop Ophelia.

Anyways, I thought that the animation was average and the pacing and change of the storyline was poor. The character designs were decent and so was the art style. I would watch a 2nd season especially if it went back to focusing on Oliver's revenge arc.

6/10
Alfredo-SauceOct 14, 2023 2:26 PM
Oct 14, 2023 12:37 PM

May 2018
It's just a shame seeing something with high production go to waste with a disappointing adaptation. I liked the concept as well... at least it was kinda interesting near the end

4/10
Oct 14, 2023 1:55 PM

Feb 2021
I wait for the second season announcement! I am one of the few who enjoyed this series! 10/10 from me!
Oct 14, 2023 3:16 PM
Jan 2023
What a great ending to this show, ending off with Pete being finally rescued. I just love how they tied in Carlos and Ophelia's family relations here with the pact that they had formed, I do appreciate the unique way of ending the fight.

I do feel like Milligan's death was brushed over a bit too quick though. I wish they could have made that a bit more impactful.

I did enjoy this show, especially in the later half, and I will certainly miss watching this every week. J.C.Staff did an excellent job in animating this, but both the pacing and the plot were a little lackluster, I wish they would have focused more on the plot with the teachers. I give this show a 7/10, I hope we get a second season and I hope it is better than this one.
Oct 14, 2023 5:15 PM

Mar 2008
In case none of you know, castratos are a real practice that existed in the past. Some choir boys were castrated so they could have a certain voice.

I feel like this anime adaptation leaves much to be desired. Without having read the source I continuously felt like there was a lot more that just is left out and the viewer is just left to figure things out.
Oct 14, 2023 5:36 PM

Nov 2012
Not going to lie, I honestly kept watching this because I love the opening animation and OP. It the music was perfect for a magic school setting. I enjoyed The 7 Spell blades. The characters were interesting. I wish we learned more about the gastronomic senpai that spends his time in the labyrinth hunting and eating rare ingredients. The world underneath the school was interesting and elaborate.

I kept trying to figure out who the 7th would be only for it to end with just 6. We also still don't know much about Oliver's story. I hope we get a 2nd season and this just wasn't an advert for the light novel. With that being said I'll probably start the novel if I can find it.
dragynfaerieOct 14, 2023 5:40 PM
Oct 14, 2023 11:33 PM

Jan 2020
Memore said:
@Animillion, those two are very bad, thanks for reminding. Nanatsuma is great, I like it so much! Plan to read the light novel.

Those two are NOT very bad. If you like this series then good for you I guess
Oct 15, 2023 12:12 AM
Feb 2021
what happened to Milligan senpai ?
Oct 15, 2023 12:33 AM
Sep 2023
Mid ending but the anime isnt bad overall
Oct 15, 2023 1:31 AM
Feb 2021
a bit disappointed with the ending, it felt very rushed. from what i heard from LN readers, the volume 3 ending is supposed to hit really hard. JC staff just didn't convey that. i'll pick up the novels sometime, just for the improvement that could be done.
Oct 15, 2023 1:53 AM

Aug 2019
Knowing the fact that this anime ends at episode 15 makes me a little disappointed, but I still like the story. I hope that if the anime gets a season 2, it will focus more on the main character's story rather than the other characters. But I guess it looks like it will still be the same.
Oct 15, 2023 3:38 AM

Jul 2020
One of the better shows from the summer season. Probably like top 5 from the ones I watched.

It was interesting to see the show occasionally explored the topics that you wouldn't typically find in anime. And I want to stress that it's not some "woke shit" as many retarded homophobes labeled it. I never once felt like some lgbt agenda or whatever was being imposed on me.

Also, I used to be a HP fan in childhood and seeing as this show copied some concepts from Harry Potter, that appealed to me as well.
And I found the ending pretty sweet.

So yeah, by any means it's not perfect but still a very enjoyable series, gets 8/10 for me, would be glad to watch another season
InexplicableOct 15, 2023 3:42 AM
Oct 15, 2023 9:14 AM

Mar 2011
I was hoping Salvadori got a happy ending, pretty emotional last episode.

Looking forward to season 2.
Oct 15, 2023 9:52 AM
Aug 2021
That was so utterly dumb. you can't get rid of the so called main bad by introducing some never mentioned before power of some third tier side character who we've seen for two minutes.

The group might as well not have gone because the ones who actually saved the day were only a couple of minutes behind.

Their entire journey was utterly pointless, it's not even as if they bonded more or gained any knowledge or power from the journey. Just an utterly pointless and uninteresting side quest.
Oct 15, 2023 6:06 PM
Jan 2021
have potencial for the future
Oct 16, 2023 12:11 PM
Sep 2016
It says that Vera Milligan is still alive I watched episode 15 and I didn’t notice them confirm she’s dead ,

Also I know it’s early but does anyone know about more episodes

Thank you
Oct 16, 2023 12:22 PM

Jul 2021
If I want to read the LN after the anime is over..which volume is it?
Oct 16, 2023 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
I had mixed feelings about this show. I like a good show with some revenge plot and I also like the Harry Potter like setting. But the story is all over the place. I wished we had more a of backstory about some of the characters to understand their motivations. Honestly Oliver doesn't even fit a good revenge protagonist because he cares too much for his friends and he already seems a little conflicted. I would rather prefer a character who is deceptive, cold and merciless. The whole Salvadori incident felt like a random dragged out event.
Oct 16, 2023 4:35 PM

Aug 2015
Well that was the shittiest fucking writing I've seen in a long time. How does this have 6.6 score? The opening was the only good thing about this anime
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 17, 2023 5:47 AM
Sep 2021
Sad to see Ophelia and Carlos die but was good visually, everything is back to normal and Oliver's revenge against the teachers who killed their mother has just begun. Overall, it was a decent season. But after episode 7/8 plot was boring & even the characters. Hope the next season if it comes will have better plot & execution.
Oct 18, 2023 3:10 PM

Jun 2019
My 248th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Oct 19, 2023 11:06 AM

May 2016
Ok, this anime was an absolute disaster. I lost count of the number of times I face palmed while binging this series. This show might take the top spot among the list of anime that I forced myself to watch hoping that it would get better to only end up getting utterly disappointed. The only part that got me interested was the main revenge plot. But anything related to that got less than 1 episode of screen time while everything else was dumb and boring af.

I haven't read the LN, so I can't tell whether the adaptation is terrible or whether the source material is absolute garbage. As someone who have read several light novels and got pissed off by horrible adaptations, I'm guessing they butchered the LN while adapting. But tbh, I don't feel like checking out the LN anymore coz the anime left such a bad taste in my mouth. I will just assume that our MC will eventually get his revenge by the end of the story through the power of friendship with the bird-brain samurai, worm loving girl and the rest of the dumb cast and live happily ever after.... or he'll end up dying while doing that. Either way I don't care anymore. I'm done with this series.

Whew, I feel a bit better after typing all that. Sorry for the rant. I probably got worked up a bit too much over this stupid anime. I can't remember the last time I got this dissatisfied after watching a show. Ah, come to think of it, I felt something similar after watching Re Zero season 2. Anyway, have a good day everyone.

Oct 20, 2023 7:38 AM
Jul 2023
Cliche ending, this anime is a 6/10, the design is somehow above medium but lacks every aspect that make you wanna watch the next episode, history is not good and is just another cliche magic school anime with cliche characters and the power of friendship that resolves anything in the end.

Conclusion: Can't believe I lost my time watching these 15 full episodes long.
Devyat_Oct 20, 2023 7:44 AM
Oct 20, 2023 9:50 PM
Apr 2013
EP 15

So I'm still a little confused but I think I get it now. Basically ophelia was (slowly?) losing control of her magic and this entire thing. Kind of weird how it took until the last ep for someone to actually get offed but hmm.

So they ended up with enough time to play the op twice and the ed once, kind of strange.
Its actually not bad for a final episode, though.
The main thing is it doesnt change the fact of the other issues of the whole anime (15 eps), very weird pacing, I think its because they felt/needed to cover all the way to end at a good spot, but they couldnt go too fast or too slow which caused this.

Content wise, the main issues of course is the treatment of the other four, oliver and nanao get most of the screentime, while chela got shafted quite a bit, katie, pete, and guy got shafted the most. And the other characters too.

The first 6 eps were ok I think, though the same issue is the pacing, since the big twist(s) dont happen for quite awhile, and then the rest had just really odd pacing

Its definitely a strange feeling where it boils down to the pacing and the content. Maybe it would have been less obvious if you only watched each episode weekly, since its definitely a different feeling compared to watching the whole anime in like a week

A secondary factor (for other people) is that due to the nonstandard length it overlaps with the start of october, which a lot of people might have gotten distracted from.

I'm not really sure myself, due to the nature of the individual eps, at the same time, it boils down to the characters, supporting cast and (lack of)

Supposedly if/when we get a s2 it might be better, but uh I dunno. I mean for once we do see that nanao actually does not save the day, and to be honest they were almost lost. Sort of.

EDIT: The main thing is that, since this is the last episode it didnt really sink in that ophelia and carlos are dead.
I'm honestly not a big fan of when the author kills off characters just because.
Like it was one thing when the teacher died in ep 6 since its actually somewhat plot relevant.
Here it just feels like a waste of two perfectly good characters.
If/when it gets a s2 I'll just be spending the whole time wondering if miligan or godfrey are going to be offed next.
CocoaGalaxyOct 21, 2023 1:22 AM
Oct 21, 2023 10:37 AM

Jun 2019
AngelofFrost said:
with the bird-brain samurai

Why do you assume that she is stupid? She's from Azia (Asia stand-in/equivalent in the world of the show). Isn't she just culturally ignorant?
Oct 22, 2023 2:49 AM

May 2016
Reply to WatchTillTandava
AngelofFrost said:
with the bird-brain samurai

Why do you assume that she is stupid? She's from Azia (Asia stand-in/equivalent in the world of the show). Isn't she just culturally ignorant?
WatchTillTandava said:

Well, that's the impression I got while watching this anime. To begin with, her entire character background doesn't make any sense. She seems naïve, stupid and extremely childish for a samurai who took several lives and 'supposedly' experienced hell in her home country. She's such a badly written character, like almost all the other characters in this anime. A child battling an entire army and killing the best warrior of their country without even knowing it, like wtf? Taking bath in the public school fountain naked? Having no clue about the intricacies of male-female relationship? Always charging straight into a fight like a battle crazy idiot without thinking first? Wanting to kill the person she likes and respect? Or wanting to be killed by someone she respects? Forget about people from Azia, her block-headedness is beyond human comprehension. Comparing the likes of her to irl people from Asia, who are some of the smartest people I know, is an insult to them. Instead of calling her culturally ignorant, she might as well be compared to some alien species.

Ugh, I didn't mean to come off this strong. No offense to you. It's just that I was extremely frustrated by this anime that I can't seem to remember any of her good points.

Oct 22, 2023 7:54 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to AngelofFrost
Ok, this anime was an absolute disaster. I lost count of the number of times I face palmed while binging this series. This show might take the top spot among the list of anime that I forced myself to watch hoping that it would get better to only end up getting utterly disappointed. The only part that got me interested was the main revenge plot. But anything related to that got less than 1 episode of screen time while everything else was dumb and boring af.

I haven't read the LN, so I can't tell whether the adaptation is terrible or whether the source material is absolute garbage. As someone who have read several light novels and got pissed off by horrible adaptations, I'm guessing they butchered the LN while adapting. But tbh, I don't feel like checking out the LN anymore coz the anime left such a bad taste in my mouth. I will just assume that our MC will eventually get his revenge by the end of the story through the power of friendship with the bird-brain samurai, worm loving girl and the rest of the dumb cast and live happily ever after.... or he'll end up dying while doing that. Either way I don't care anymore. I'm done with this series.

Whew, I feel a bit better after typing all that. Sorry for the rant. I probably got worked up a bit too much over this stupid anime. I can't remember the last time I got this dissatisfied after watching a show. Ah, come to think of it, I felt something similar after watching Re Zero season 2. Anyway, have a good day everyone.
@AngelofFrost

I have read up to LN Volume 9, you are right with JC Staff butchering the adaptation.
The adaptation is treated similarly to Seirei Gensouki's adaptation. LN and anime having very different vibe.
In Seirei Gensouki, the LN goes more in-depth to the protagonist's multiple personality disorder while the anime makes the protagonist godlike.
In Reign Of The Seven Spellblades, the LN is more focused on the dystopic world while the anime is more of a happy Harry Potter story. It adapts 3 volumes. The anime focused too much on the first 2 volumes instead of volume 3, which goes more in depth into Carlos and Ophelia, describing the dystopia.

There is no power of friendship in the LN. Nanao will remain as an airhead samurai who sticks closely to Oliver. Chela attempts to mend her relationship with her half-sister. While the other three train themselves to not be a burden to the other three.

I think Oliver will die at the end, based on my experience with this author's previous series, Tenkyou No Alderamin. Well, I have already lost count the number of people that gets killed off as of volume 9. I am sensing more deaths in volume 10. >_>
Oct 22, 2023 10:21 AM

Jun 2019
AngelofFrost said:
Well, that's the impression I got while watching this anime. To begin with, her entire character background doesn't make any sense. She seems naïve, stupid and extremely childish for a samurai who took several lives and 'supposedly' experienced hell in her home country. She's such a badly written character, like almost all the other characters in this anime. A child battling an entire army and killing the best warrior of their country without even knowing it, like wtf? Taking bath in the public school fountain naked? Having no clue about the intricacies of male-female relationship? Always charging straight into a fight like a battle crazy idiot without thinking first? Wanting to kill the person she likes and respect? Or wanting to be killed by someone she respects? Forget about people from Azia, her block-headedness is beyond human comprehension. Comparing the likes of her to irl people from Asia, who are some of the smartest people I know, is an insult to them. Instead of calling her culturally ignorant, she might as well be compared to some alien species.

Ugh, I didn't mean to come off this strong. No offense to you. It's just that I was extremely frustrated by this anime that I can't seem to remember any of her good points.

No no; no offense taken. I appreciate you sharing your opinion. I think the reason in-universe in the show given for her seemingly alien attitude and behaviors displayed is cultural, but the reason it comes across more extreme is just both the natural exaggeration and caricature that many anime, like cartoons, do of certain characters and character traits to really hammer it in and drive home the point, and also partially for comedic effect. It reminded me of some live action sitcoms from decades ago where there would be a foreign exchange student or guest worker from the Middle East, East Asia, or some unspecified/fictional country washing underneath their armpits with toothbrushes or committing some major social faux-pas they were unaware of getting them thrown out of school, a job, or thrown into jail, played up for comedy. I can't even think of any one specific example right now off the top of my head, but I just know I have seen many depictions like that across media.

I rated this series a 6/10, which is my lower side of average-decent (ideally, I'd like to give every series I watch a 7/10 or above, but that is often not the case). I think the reason I didn't get similarly worked up or disappointed by it as you did is because I didn't really expect anything going into it, other than it probably being just average/serviceable/watchable, like most things. I had no high expectations. And nothing I saw in the first episode or first few episodes did anything of consequence to dispel that notion. Most anime, like most cartoons, live action series, American and European films, etc. is just average or mediocre, but it is the existence of the mass of average ones which makes you appreciate the gems and truly exceptional ones. This series was just quite paint-by-the-numbers from the get-go and never really did anything to dramatically rise or fall in my estimation.

Characters were basic, your basic tropes and archetypes, you can tell the plot and character development was extremely abridged and rushed to fit into the famous one cour, typically 11 - 13 episode (although this had 15) formula which has become so popular among a majority of series being released in recent years, and consequently there wasn't really a lot of time, nor great use of the time and space they did have, to develop the characters or any of the ideas of its premise on a deeper level which became impactful. It kind of just felt like a shallow romp, like reading a Wikipedia or IMDB overview of the plot of a series or film and getting the same or a similar experience, like a list of bullet points and summary. In other words, it felt shallow in its execution from start to finish, but maybe I just set my expectations too low when that is what I have come to expect from most things. Especially when most things more and more lately seem rushed to me. I have a big problem with the one-cour season series on a structural and fundamental level, outside of a minority of types it works for (typically ones like Slice of Life and dense extremely well-written or avant-garde-esque series).

I am interested by the premise or some points within it laid out in the synopses of far more anime series, including ones like Reign of the Seven Spellblades, than I am impressed with the final product and experience after actually watching them.
WatchTillTandavaOct 22, 2023 10:29 AM
Oct 22, 2023 12:41 PM

May 2016
Reply to WatchTillTandava
AngelofFrost said:

No no; no offense taken. I appreciate you sharing your opinion. I think the reason in-universe in the show given for her seemingly alien attitude and behaviors displayed is cultural, but the reason it comes across more extreme is just both the natural exaggeration and caricature that many anime, like cartoons, do of certain characters and character traits to really hammer it in and drive home the point, and also partially for comedic effect. It reminded me of some live action sitcoms from decades ago where there would be a foreign exchange student or guest worker from the Middle East, East Asia, or some unspecified/fictional country washing underneath their armpits with toothbrushes or committing some major social faux-pas they were unaware of getting them thrown out of school, a job, or thrown into jail, played up for comedy. I can't even think of any one specific example right now off the top of my head, but I just know I have seen many depictions like that across media.

I rated this series a 6/10, which is my lower side of average-decent (ideally, I'd like to give every series I watch a 7/10 or above, but that is often not the case). I think the reason I didn't get similarly worked up or disappointed by it as you did is because I didn't really expect anything going into it, other than it probably being just average/serviceable/watchable, like most things. I had no high expectations. And nothing I saw in the first episode or first few episodes did anything of consequence to dispel that notion. Most anime, like most cartoons, live action series, American and European films, etc. is just average or mediocre, but it is the existence of the mass of average ones which makes you appreciate the gems and truly exceptional ones. This series was just quite paint-by-the-numbers from the get-go and never really did anything to dramatically rise or fall in my estimation.

Characters were basic, your basic tropes and archetypes, you can tell the plot and character development was extremely abridged and rushed to fit into the famous one cour, typically 11 - 13 episode (although this had 15) formula which has become so popular among a majority of series being released in recent years, and consequently there wasn't really a lot of time, nor great use of the time and space they did have, to develop the characters or any of the ideas of its premise on a deeper level which became impactful. It kind of just felt like a shallow romp, like reading a Wikipedia or IMDB overview of the plot of a series or film and getting the same or a similar experience, like a list of bullet points and summary. In other words, it felt shallow in its execution from start to finish, but maybe I just set my expectations too low when that is what I have come to expect from most things. Especially when most things more and more lately seem rushed to me. I have a big problem with the one-cour season series on a structural and fundamental level, outside of a minority of types it works for (typically ones like Slice of Life and dense extremely well-written or avant-garde-esque series).

I am interested by the premise or some points within it laid out in the synopses of far more anime series, including ones like Reign of the Seven Spellblades, than I am impressed with the final product and experience after actually watching them.
@WatchTillTandava

I get what you're saying. Anime often exaggerates stuff as part of its humor and it works well in rom-coms or anime of the ecchi genre. But it falls flat in anime with a serious undertone like this one. And you might be right about me having high expectations which made my disappointment even worse. Usually, I drop shows that annoy me by episode 4 and move on. On hindsight, I should've done the same for this anime. But I've seen people mentioning that it gets better when they reveal the MC's past in episode 6 or something, so I forced myself through the first 5 episodes. And to my surprise, I actually enjoyed the revenge part. Then my expectations got even higher as I thought the anime would focus on revealing more info about the villains, on why his mother had to go through such a horrifying ending and more details related to the main plot. But what we got after that was some next level bs.

Oct 22, 2023 12:45 PM

May 2016
Reply to NewestPersonHere
@AngelofFrost

I have read up to LN Volume 9, you are right with JC Staff butchering the adaptation.
The adaptation is treated similarly to Seirei Gensouki's adaptation. LN and anime having very different vibe.
In Seirei Gensouki, the LN goes more in-depth to the protagonist's multiple personality disorder while the anime makes the protagonist godlike.
In Reign Of The Seven Spellblades, the LN is more focused on the dystopic world while the anime is more of a happy Harry Potter story. It adapts 3 volumes. The anime focused too much on the first 2 volumes instead of volume 3, which goes more in depth into Carlos and Ophelia, describing the dystopia.

There is no power of friendship in the LN. Nanao will remain as an airhead samurai who sticks closely to Oliver. Chela attempts to mend her relationship with her half-sister. While the other three train themselves to not be a burden to the other three.

I think Oliver will die at the end, based on my experience with this author's previous series, Tenkyou No Alderamin. Well, I have already lost count the number of people that gets killed off as of volume 9. I am sensing more deaths in volume 10. >_>
@NewestPersonHere

Actually, I thought the Seirei Gensouki adaptation was decent and had fun watching it even though it skipped a lot of stuff like hero summons, meeting Miharu and went straight for the Celia rescue arc. The LNs were also an enjoyable read and it was very satisfying to see Rio finally avenging his parents plus rescuing the princesses while doing that. It has been a few years since I read that series tho. I heard that he's forgotten by everyone in the current story arc or something. I hope to catch up to the LNs sometime in near the future.

Anyway, enough about that. Nejimaki anime was actually pretty good. I didn't know that the author of that wrote the Seven Spellblades. I wasn't planning to check out the LN of this anime anyways, but now there is an absolute 0% chance that I'm gonna read it. I was flabbergasted when I learned that the author killed off literally the best female character in Nejimaki Seirei Senki. I'm not into reading depressing sh*t like that. Thanks for mentioning this info, you saved someone a lot of time.

Oct 23, 2023 12:24 PM
Apr 2023
It was an underwhelming second half. The story was good until Nanao got her spellblade. The animation started to drop from there. I hope a different studio animates the second season.
Oct 24, 2023 5:37 AM
May 2021
I wanted Ophelia to stay alive bruhh. Disappointed. After Ep 6 this series went downhill and was boring. All that hype for more teacher kill gone lol. I don't think there will be any S2
Oct 25, 2023 7:23 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Dawizz
Finally this piece of disgusting pandering is over. Now be a good sport and play dead for like ever! Don't you come back you hear!
@Dawizz Well, nobody is forcing you to watch.

Anyways, I am waiting for the 2nd season. I hope there is going to be one. There is so much in plot.
Oct 25, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2014
Hm, I think this anime was a waste of potential. The story/plot wasn´t nicely presented... it was as if I was reading random chapters of a book xD

This anime was mostly fed on unwanted/cliche bullying and random characters wanting to show off.

This last arc was the only one that somewhat caught my attention -becauses Succubus-chan was actually the only character that truly interersted me- but I was already very uninterested/bored on everything in this anime.

Troll arc showed some potential but.. okay I guess.

5/10

TechOtakuOct 25, 2023 12:29 PM
Oct 27, 2023 2:55 AM
Jul 2017
Wait...that was the last episode?
Oct 27, 2023 7:36 AM
Apr 2023
There was too much to pack even in a 15-episode cour. They tried to establish world-building but somehow I can feel they had trouble pulling things together. There are too many things, as in things from even outside the academy that are at play within the dynamics of the academy, that might confuse a lot of viewers of what really is happening.
Also, though understandable, this had too many cheesy moments. Animation and voice acting is really good though but overall story direction was not delivered that well. This is at best suited to be just either a manga or its source material format, a light novel. I can't help but say they really just made this as a true advertisement for the source material, to make you say "What in the world did I watch, but I am curious enough to want to check the LN to know what really is happening".
Oct 27, 2023 9:50 AM
Mar 2020
Ending was kinda rushed (probably season 2) but the most dissapointing is that ophelia and carlos just disappeared like ashes, also im sad for miligan senpai
Oct 28, 2023 7:48 AM
Mar 2020
what happen to milligan? is she died? if so how come they just end it like no one cares.
Let me know if i missed something about that milligan "sacrifice" death
Oct 29, 2023 11:54 AM
Aug 2022
Ophelia She was truly a kind woman & always wanted to be loved (which she didn't got till now) hope their journey after life would be a better one.
finally Completed this anime.
Oct 29, 2023 10:03 PM
Oct 2023
Fast plot, but still acceptable
Oct 30, 2023 5:04 AM

Jan 2016

Well its MAL after all but I didn't think that people had that bad of a taste.
Nov 1, 2023 9:00 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah I dunno. I wanted to like this but I just couldn't. I felt like they kept throwing in more chaos left and right. They have this kinda setting where anything terribly awful can happen at any time, so you're just expecting that. What ends up happening because of that for me at least is that each situation loses impact. You keep your eyes peeled for threats, but if everything is a threat then at some point it's like... who cares? Oh, this character is about to get killed? Okay but that character's friends were about to get killed last week too, so what?

I think one of the best parts of this anime just happened to be the little secret gathering they had with the singing. It was something where it was just allowed to be. No ridiculous monster or big bad came in during the singing or anything like that. No one came around to try to slaughter anyone who attended or anything. It was just a nice gathering of magic users who just wanted to have a good time. It was still magical and added to the world while not following the need to constantly up the stakes. Like yes, thank you for letting us breathe. I feel the main squad was supposed to be that for the watcher as well, but when it started to spiral into pretty much harem territory it was just uncomfortable rather than a bunch of new buddies having a good time in this deadly magic school where they might not even survive.

Amazingly, I liked the character designs of characters outside of our main squad instead of the designs of the main squad itself. I honestly can't stand Pete's design. Katie is bland. I'm admittedly not fond of blond hair with tan skin on most characters for Michela-- yes, it's possible in real life, but hair texture is usually different so it just seems odd in hime-curls. Guy is bland. Oliver is bland. Nanao is... okay design-wise. And then you see other characters who look a lot more interesting and it just makes me wonder why they went about the designs like that.

Couldn't really get behind the humor either. Just overall, I wasn't fond of this anime. How unfortunate.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 2, 2023 1:21 PM
Oct 2023
It was interesting, I like that the MC was not an OP from the beginning and the mystery of the story is compelling, though I didn't care much for most of the main cast (other than the MC).
Nov 2, 2023 10:15 PM
Dec 2019
Enjoyable 8/10

But what happened to that Carlos guy? And Milligan senpai?
Nov 5, 2023 1:43 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Viewland
Enjoyable 8/10

But what happened to that Carlos guy? And Milligan senpai?
@Viewland Miligan is safe, Carlos died together with Ophelia.
Nov 6, 2023 1:27 PM
Mar 2023
its was so good the art work was on point it reminded me of harry potter it only a little
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

» In which way this is an LGBT anime?

Dije - Apr 22

37 by RioAl »»
Jul 8, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.