Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 14, 2023 6:51 PM
Jun 2012
Another great episode.
Nov 15, 2023 10:56 PM
Feb 2020
what a great episode
this show started out so boring and then it was still boring but it was good and now its great and not boring at all
im excited to see what happens next
Nov 17, 2023 7:04 AM
Apr 2023
Опять хайп
Nov 17, 2023 6:53 PM
Mar 2023
When Frieren was wandering through his memories of the origin of the statues and heard Himmel say: "But I think the biggest reason is to prevent you from being alone in the future, perhaps," that was when I became convinced again of the wisdom and Aware as everyone in the group of heroes was about what the future would hold for them and for Frieren herself, they always worried about her, even after death. On the other hand, if Frieren, who has seen almost the beginning of all humanity, gives the verdict that demons are repulsive beings, who only seek to take advantage of humans by using their weak points in order to prey on them, then I believe that the most appropriate thing would be to take their opinion into account. See you next week, I'm looking forward to the fight in prison, because when someone crosses our protagonist, it never ends well.
Nov 19, 2023 11:38 AM

Apr 2018
Total Demon Death.
Nov 21, 2023 9:22 AM
Nov 2023
PEAK NATIVE ISEKAI WITH PEAK MUSIC
Nov 21, 2023 4:02 PM

Sep 2021
Looks like Johan Liebert and is called "Liar". I'm sure we should trust this guy.

Nov 23, 2023 1:49 AM

Oct 2020
The demon "peace envoys" seemed a little overtly moustache-twirling but I guess that's just to show how simple minded demons are
Anyway I like how things are ramping up
Nov 23, 2023 6:34 PM
Apr 2018
Now things are starting to get interesting. Introducing a main protagonist. Still in love with the soundtrack I do have to say! I cannot wait to see what happens next :D
Nov 25, 2023 5:16 AM

Mar 2014
Finally an anime where demons are bad. Not misunderstood, not cute helpless girls with horns but true demons who prey on humans. So refreshing.
Also religion was shown in positive light, even atheist dwarf was converted and he started believe in heavens. Based anime.

Nov 25, 2023 1:16 PM

May 2020
OMG, Frieren woke up early, what a twist!! We start to learn more about the demons, they cannot be trusted it seems, that backstory with the demon girl is a good example of why lol

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Nov 28, 2023 6:46 AM
Dec 2019
The mentor gets pressed down on the ground and the other two nitwits just stand there and do nothing, yeah sure, the characters got less emotional depth than a wet rag. Lazy ass plot device
Nov 29, 2023 5:31 PM

Jan 2021
THIS ANIME GOT VILLAINS???

Dec 2, 2023 6:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A bit of talk about other elven, and how they're about to go extinct from Frieren perspective. But still curious to see hows the true elven community holds out with those peace of era. Shall they truly gonna go to extinction, or there should be a hidden part of the elf that even Frieren unable to understand it as well, since she's coming as the adventurer, wanderer, from the day one?

Also, alongside those part of interesting takes about elf, finally they focused more into this series villain race. Ofc its no other than Demons. Same general-like Qual still lurking around, terrorized nearby humans settlement. But some of their obvious strategy to lure out human weaknesses, been caught on by person with no other than our cold-looking baba, Frieren. A peace envoy, huh?

Good lore time and worldbuilding element been laid out. Especially there's no mistaking part about where demons just said it out well enough how their true nature works out in this series. Lot at those foolish youngster demon so-called 'executioneer' trying to act tough in front of Frieren, the almighty cold-blooded mage elf. Time for more action, shall we, baba Frieren?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 2, 2023 9:12 PM

Mar 2012
it's pretty interesting how they characterized the demons as these cold creatures when you put them side by side with an elf, frieren. i'm not saying she's bad, but probably not only because of her lifespan, she's not human. sometimes i think she's immature, sometimes selfish, sometimes too cold... she's a different creature too. and i haven't thought that deep about it to get to a conclusion, so i'll leave it at that for now. but the episode certainly made me reflective...
Dec 2, 2023 10:16 PM

Aug 2014
nice ending, but why she let her be locked?..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 7, 2023 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
I felt bad when the episode ended, once again, proof of what a show this is.
Dec 11, 2023 11:21 AM

Aug 2019
The demons in this show remind me a lot of the shiki from Shiki, except these ones are completely malicious whereas the Shiki were originally humans.
Dec 16, 2023 7:17 AM

May 2015
Maybe the next episode will make sense of it, but what I have seen of the her magic capabilities until now doesn't make it believable that Frieren couldn't escape from that cell easily if she wanted to. So why is she sitting there so peacefully? Don't tell me just because she has all the time of the world on her hands, because she had to realize already that her apprentice doesn't have the same luxury.
IshitatesoDec 16, 2023 7:21 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Dec 16, 2023 2:38 PM
Oct 2019
I'm not sure this is the best anime all time as its score would suggest, but surely prettu good stuff.
The flashback story of the demon girl gave me the creeps. Characterization of human, elven, and demonic kinds is developing fast.
Dec 18, 2023 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
creepy ass demons... even if they're cute little girls still a whole lot of evil
really like the way they are in this.

elves should've developed magic or potions to give themselves more of a sex drive lol

Dec 26, 2023 8:38 PM

Feb 2017
It's interesting that the demons in this world are depicted similar to sociopaths wherein the main thing that separates them from humans seems to be just lacking a capacity for empathy. The show seems to be leaning towards the idea that they are completely iredeemable and can't be reasoned with but I kinda still wonder about it. Especially since they have otherwise human reasoning and intelligence to them. And one of the towns people said that they don't have to eat humans to survive. If they didn't have other incentives to kill humans maybe there could be some form of peace? The child demon killed the man because she wanted to make amends in a way but just didn't realize what was wrong about it. Could she eventually been taught things like wrong and right? Kinda like how real life sociopaths can live normal lives and adjust to society if there is effort taken to treat them through behavioral therapy.

I'd kinda like it if the show developed a bit more nuance or explored it further but it seems to be going in a more black and white direction. oh well lol.
Dec 27, 2023 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
So all demons must die.
Dec 30, 2023 11:20 PM
Jan 2023
Happy New Year's Eve! 🥳
Jan 1, 8:22 PM
Oct 2023
great episode! loved it !
Jan 4, 4:35 PM
Jan 2019
So we arrive to the first story mini arc
Jan 4, 7:00 PM
May 2018
One of my favorite anime of the past few years
Jan 6, 4:03 AM

Jan 2011
Hey look a major conflict! This will be fun.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 8, 10:53 PM
Jul 2016
A lot of potential. I thought for a time that they would leave the episode ambiguous. That a culture incapable of understanding human concepts of family or relationships could still desire peace would have been an interesting idea.

It took a more straightforward route for the sake of having future antagonists, but it seemed like the start of an interesting idea.

All in all, the show is a step above.
Jan 19, 7:48 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 22, 1:47 AM

Oct 2010
JSYK, I'm pretty stong.
Stronger than me?
Stronger than Aura the Guillotine.

ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ
*Friren looms menacingly*
Jan 23, 7:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The demons are creepy, especially how they use the human language to manipulate them... they really think they can kill Frieren just like that though? lol
Jan 28, 3:07 PM

Aug 2020
I like the interpretation of demons in this series.

Lügner is kinda hot.
Jan 29, 10:51 PM

Feb 2016
The way this episode ended... Frieren is so sick when she wants to.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Feb 3, 5:16 PM
Dec 2023
It was amazing, awesome, and cool
Feb 11, 2:43 AM
Dec 2022
Frieren still acts like a child despite being the oldest amongst them all. Still need tending to when wakes up and more. Lol.
Feb 13, 3:52 PM

Jul 2023
Enemies appear and there's killing, yet this still feels relaxing like slice of life.

Perhaps this us due to not hearing tension-inducing background music. I'm afraid the battle between Frieren and Aura might not be epic and only be an afterthought.

That said, this highlights the cynicism from the fact that 'there's nothing new under the sun.' Frieren, who has a long life, has been there, done that. Nothing surprises her.
Feb 21, 2:44 PM

May 2016
That demon don't know who they facing, the flash with Himmel was good, also I been listening to the opening and the lyrics are so well chosen
Feb 28, 10:26 AM
Jan 2016
A little bit sad that the demons died kind of liked them :(
Mar 6, 6:16 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Moral of the story: Be like Frieren, be aware of the deception and hidden scheme but above all...
Be cautious, be a RACIST

And the plot thickens...
Frieren is in the wrong town at the wrong time, an old adventurer such as herself cares little for peace envoys if it's a demon. Afterall, out of everyone in this town, she herself is the only one to know the demon's true nature as it proved itself over and over and over again. The demons' desire for peace is not a lie, but their pursuit of peace leaves no room for other beings to coexist. A truly selfish species.

Had Frieren stated her identity, she wouldn't be taken so lightly. This young demon has no clue what he's getting himself into. If Aura is strong then Frieren is a transcended entity. We just haven't seen her full power yet.

p.s. Lugner the demon looked eerily similar to Johan... In fact, he literally is identical to Johan safe for the external decorations...
Mar 8, 3:18 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 10:20 PM
Feb 2024
I like demon in this series they just evil
Mar 16, 10:39 PM

Dec 2022
ah this is a fun arc, first real introduction to the heavy drama of the series
Mar 17, 5:02 PM
Apr 2023
demon guy kinda looks like johan from monster ngl
Mar 22, 4:44 AM
May 2018
I think the whole message the anime brings about the demons is the following:
"Dont have empathy, some people are just evil, and need to be destroyed", which is okay.
But when you bring this representating a race, where everyone is born evil, this matches very well some kinds of f@sc1st thinking of dehumanization of entire groups of people. It really worried me seeing this in this anime. We are seeing this way of thinking right now about Palestinians by Zionists. And Japan has an history of doing this against many peoples, specially Koreans and Chinese people, so dont tell me "I'm bringuing bias from the western thinking". No, this worry me specially because I know Japan's f@sc1sm history.
Mar 22, 4:14 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing I Love this anime
Mar 23, 9:24 AM
Jul 2023
um dos melhores animes que eu já vi, animes assim como frieren, one pice, vinland saga e entre outros vão ser eternos
Mar 24, 2:06 PM

Aug 2019
hmm. this is an unique depiction of demons or at least i havent came accross a similiar one. usually they either want to kill humans or understand them but these ones are actually plotting against them and they dont have a concept of family
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 4:00 PM
Dec 2021
Bộ phim rất hay
Mar 26, 12:00 AM
Jan 2023
Here's one thing I absolutely love about this anime, The depiction of demons. Many anime (not implying that those anime are bad, they are great in their own way) Overcomplicate their nature and oftentimes make them sympathetic, but this anime ain't afraid to make them cruel and true to their intended nature, predators of humans.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Does Fern lift her boobs with levitation magic? ( 1 2 )

Cory0905 - Oct 16

56 by -DxP- »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16

312 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

282 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

257 by Gambolium »»
Oct 17, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

247 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 16, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.