Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2023 3:16 AM

Aug 2022
The dragon fight was amazing. The animation was really outstanding.
Oct 14, 2023 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
Damn the fight sequence was phenomenal. That's how you do CGI moves without the CGI.

Also poor Frieren. She had to move again for being famous.XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 14, 2023 4:04 AM

Jul 2014
Stark showed everyone that he’s the boss fr, imagine being so strong that your boss fears you
Oct 14, 2023 4:44 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Damn, Fern is mean! lol

I do like her expressions though like her pouting in previous episodes and I laughed when she was relieved that Stark is normal because he also didn't want to wait 2 years to go to the Northern Lands.

Frieren had her cute and funny moments too such as when the dragon was killed and she excitedly ran towards the treasure and later on when she thought the guards were after her and she tried "hiding" behind a book.
@Alfredo-Sauce Imagine if that was the other way around. We would have been knee-deep in sex-harassment shit all over the web and the show would have been flamed to no end.
Also Fern in general rubs me the wrong way all the time. I hope she improves, because right now she acts like a total bitch, judging herself and others unequally. Like, she was just as scared fighting monsters and would not even fight the dragon herself. Why is this shit being ignored so easily?
Oct 14, 2023 5:12 AM
Aug 2017
Fern is a savage, murdering him with words on every step, love it! :D
Oct 14, 2023 5:17 AM

Jul 2017
Thought this was a great episode, especially with the first half. The dragon was drawn beautifully and the action with it and Stark was dynamic and awesome to look at, even if brief. This, Mushoku Tensei and maybe a couple other series have really done well with dragon action scenes which feel rare so this was cool. I'm not the biggest fan of Stark's character overall but the way the anime spent time in building his character, his experiences with Eisen and his feelings of respect towards him throughout the episode was nice, and he and Fern did have some fun interactions together as well, even if Fern can have a deadpan presence to her. Just in general, the adaptation has been pretty flawless of the manga, literally feels like I'm seeing the manga's designs and facial expressions come to life here and look so great while animated. The second half was a bit weaker than the first but it was still good and did spend some time with Fern and Stark together so that was good. Felt like this was better than the previous episode. The animation continues to just be extremely consistent and the direction is super detailed as a whole again, and I appreciate the same level of detail was applied to the non-action scenes as much as the action ones, whether general conversations or flashbacks, it's top notch.
Oct 14, 2023 6:11 AM
Apr 2023
They really became the 3 stooges in this episode.
Fren being cute in all her moods, while Stark being a strong kid enjoying and trying to get as much moments in his new adventure.

And Frieren being the magic otaku that she always is.
Oct 14, 2023 6:21 AM

Jun 2013
The Stark and Solar Dragon fight was epic! Thank you Madhouse! I felt bad for the poor dragon tho. Also, Fern and Stark’s chemistry is cute. This series perfectly captures the humaneness of everything, OST is incredible for fleshing it out. I don’t think I won’t ever be emotional whenever they show the Hero’s party. TT
Oct 14, 2023 6:30 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep, peak storytelling & peak animation. I want more!
Oct 14, 2023 7:09 AM

May 2015
Stark OP! Plz nerf!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 14, 2023 7:18 AM
Jan 2016
I was waiting so hard for this episode, it was the turning point for me in the manga where I decided that yeah, I'm gonna keep reading this.
Oct 14, 2023 8:21 AM
Dec 2015
stark intro was worth the wait
Oct 14, 2023 8:35 AM
Aug 2017
I don't like episodes where everything feels like a filler in the end of the day.

While i do understand, that the Frieren avoiding to tell that she was actually a huge hero and have the right to pass the gates anytime she wants, is a narrative tool to introduce the dynamic beetween Stark and Fern, never entertains me realising that everything could be avoided.

But, since the first half of the episode was about Stark getting the bravery to defeat with easy the Dragon, was very cool.

Adventure animes have this power to make awesome and lame stuff in the same episodes.
Oct 14, 2023 9:33 AM

Sep 2018
ótimo, distração incrível!
Oct 14, 2023 9:35 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to -Sleek-
Can any manga reader tell me how many chapters are MH adapting per episode? and how chapters long is next arc and how many episode we can expect for that arc
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN almost every episode adapt 2-3 chapter. this episode adapt 2 chapters only. next episode we gonna straight hop to the next arc. but the arc probably will start at the B part of the episode (A part being stand alone chapter). the next arc actually really exciting, since it is the first introduction of proper villain in the anime. and it's been foreshadowed in this episode too.
if you want to know more, you can see the new KV on frieren twitter. they already teased the next arc with new KV. excited to see what fukushi, keichiro saito, and iwasawa team will bring to the table for this arc. it's gonna be good i guaranteed it
Oct 14, 2023 9:43 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to the_assasins
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN almost every episode adapt 2-3 chapter. this episode adapt 2 chapters only. next episode we gonna straight hop to the next arc. but the arc probably will start at the B part of the episode (A part being stand alone chapter). the next arc actually really exciting, since it is the first introduction of proper villain in the anime. and it's been foreshadowed in this episode too.
if you want to know more, you can see the new KV on frieren twitter. they already teased the next arc with new KV. excited to see what fukushi, keichiro saito, and iwasawa team will bring to the table for this arc. it's gonna be good i guaranteed it
@the_assasins thanks i am even more excited
Oct 14, 2023 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
I dont like how this anime constantly remind me "time". What a start !
Oct 14, 2023 11:25 AM

Apr 2015
Wow every episode so far has been just amazing!
Oct 14, 2023 12:39 PM
Feb 2013
A internet reaction meme for dumb stuff on the internet. Use wisely.
Oct 14, 2023 12:42 PM
Feb 2013
Reaction meme for dumb stuff on the internet. Use wisely.
Oct 14, 2023 1:12 PM
May 2020
Great to see a lovable goof warrior join the parody. Looking forward to the new dynamic of antics to come.
Oct 14, 2023 2:20 PM

May 2019
Reply to AlexGK
@Alfredo-Sauce Imagine if that was the other way around. We would have been knee-deep in sex-harassment shit all over the web and the show would have been flamed to no end.
Also Fern in general rubs me the wrong way all the time. I hope she improves, because right now she acts like a total bitch, judging herself and others unequally. Like, she was just as scared fighting monsters and would not even fight the dragon herself. Why is this shit being ignored so easily?
@AlexGK

Well Fern did also scan Frieren before Stark and said something like not much there but yeah if Stark would've done the scanning I'm sure it would've creating some uproar.

I'm mostly indifferent with Fern since she was an orphan that almost killed herself until Heiter stopped her but I do like her expressions and reactions. It does look like Fern is opening up to Stark a bit such as when she seeked him out and was relieved that he also would have a problem if they had to wait 2 years to proceed. In a way she's been the catalyst to keep the group going otherwise Frieren would take even longer to move on.
Oct 14, 2023 3:00 PM
Sep 2020
the animation was great also the sound the best ep so far
Oct 14, 2023 3:48 PM

Jan 2011
i know action isnt the point of this anime but still i wanted a longer fight
Oct 14, 2023 4:54 PM
Jan 2022
God 😱 the animation
Oct 14, 2023 5:25 PM
Aug 2016
The scene when Eisen's hands are shaking. I tear up when I see it. Just feeling his resolve.
Oct 14, 2023 5:57 PM

Nov 2018
My God, look at this animation of the fight, what a beautiful thing
Oct 14, 2023 9:34 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi killed the dragon all by himself Eisen was right to be afraid of him Frieren does not like ticker-tape parades
Oct 15, 2023 12:02 AM
Feb 2021
This episode was, in my opinion, probably the best one in all the episodes released this far. The first reason for this is the Animation, they simply exploded the budget that scene with the dragon was seriously breathtakingn it's very cinematic in a kind of way, all those zoom-ins, Zoom-out, I would honestly love to see the storyboard for this episode. The lore of the episode was cool too, I like where the developpement of the character of Stark is going.

Hence to resume it, This was my favourite Frieren Episode, mostly because of the dragon fight scene of course, but also because the story was quite interesting.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou shindeiru
Oct 15, 2023 12:28 AM
Oct 2023
Name drops are the best keys to anywhere
Oct 15, 2023 3:12 AM
Jul 2021

I understand not being able to fly over the town, but how about going East for a few miles, then go around the town?????????????????/
Oct 15, 2023 4:28 AM
Jul 2021
Me está encantado la manera en que están adaptando el manga.
Oct 15, 2023 7:04 AM
Feb 2017
Stark versus the Solar Dragon was more than I couldve hoped for
Oct 15, 2023 9:19 AM

Mar 2017
Tfw the dragon isn't CGI. That's rare!

Loved the episode. Further driving the similarities between Eisen and Stark was beautiful. Great to see a drawback turned into a strength. Also, great to see Frieren be the comic relief character of the party. Makes sense that the oldest/most experienced character is the one making the journey easier by lightening the mood.
Oct 15, 2023 9:31 AM
Jul 2021
I’m loving the dynamic between Stark and Fern and watching them grow friendlier. I think Fern appreciated having someone in their party who understands how significant a two-year setback could be. Him wanting to see Eisen again before he dies is nice motivation for that too which should make it easy to appeal to Frieren that they not waste too much time. It seems like Frieren taught her original party indirectly to take things slower and not rush into things, but now their apprentices are helping Frieren learn indirectly to value her time with humans and their short lives.
Oct 15, 2023 9:41 AM

Apr 2022
I'm liking it so far, kinda reminds me of Haibane Renmei with the calm, relaxing vibes and whatnot.

Not everything needs to be a hypefest to be good.
Oct 15, 2023 9:41 AM
Nov 2022
it is the gorgious anime!!!
Oct 15, 2023 4:04 PM
Mar 2019
I have an idea for later. I will re-watch 'Record of Lodoss War' again, then I'll re-watch 'Frieren'. Beginning, and End. That should be one hell of a ride.
Oct 15, 2023 4:15 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to BrettWatchesTV
I’m loving the dynamic between Stark and Fern and watching them grow friendlier. I think Fern appreciated having someone in their party who understands how significant a two-year setback could be. Him wanting to see Eisen again before he dies is nice motivation for that too which should make it easy to appeal to Frieren that they not waste too much time. It seems like Frieren taught her original party indirectly to take things slower and not rush into things, but now their apprentices are helping Frieren learn indirectly to value her time with humans and their short lives.
@BrettWatchesTV damm that's a good point. Didn't realize Frieren's current group teaches her what she taught in her old group
Oct 15, 2023 4:23 PM

Sep 2014
The dragon fight was ok, second half went exactly as I expected. Of course they would not deny Frieren passage.

I was looking forward to read the manga at some point and I really try to like this show but its just so boring.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 15, 2023 5:34 PM
Apr 2021
Aprecia la vida, los momentos y las personas con quien los vives
Oct 15, 2023 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
Nicely animated episode. Even the dragon was actually drawn even in battle which is a rarity these days. I actually didn't expect Stark would take it down all by himself so quickly.

Don't be so savage Fern, some guys are growers not showers. Though maybe she was just diverting away from the fact she glanced down at his crotch and Stark noticed.

Good thing they weren't stuck there for two years.
Oct 15, 2023 7:17 PM
May 2016
every episode is great
Oct 15, 2023 8:05 PM

May 2022
The animation is so good! That dragon in 2D was awesome.

OMG Stark is so strong, I wasn1t waiting for that.

As always, the anime is showing a lot of beautiful scenarios. The direction of this anime is doing great with it.
Oct 15, 2023 10:25 PM
Jul 2015
Stark vs Red Dragon
Oct 16, 2023 9:31 AM

Dec 2020
MADHOUSE'S EYEGASM ANIMATION IS BACK

MADHOUSE THAT I USED TO KNOW IS BACK
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

Oct 16, 2023 12:55 PM

May 2015
It's really pleasant to see but maybe a little bit slow.
Oct 16, 2023 4:08 PM
Mar 2020
Un minuto de silencio y gracias a los animadores de MADHOUSE, se la sacaron con la animación este episodio, 10/10. Al final Stark, no era ningún débil, solamente era un poco cobarde, y por esto mismo es que pienso que Eisen de cierta forma se sintió frustrado al ver tanto potencial "desperdiciado" cuando Stark no quería pelear contra monstruos, aunque, en el presente, habla muy bien de él el hecho de querer emprender un viaje con el fin de poder "devolverle" de alguna manera a Eisen todas las anécdotas que le regaló a él cuando era pequeño, ya que se dio cuenta que es una de las pocas cosas que su maestro recuerda con tanto cariño y realmente demuestra haberlas disfrutado al máximo. Por otro lado, parece que Fern descubrió por qué el hacha de Stark es tan grande cuando usó el hechizo para ver a través de la ropa, "no es tan pequeño" decía jajaja. Nos vemos la sgte semana, F por Freiren que quería tomarse unas vacaciones y le salió el tiro por la culata.

Oct 16, 2023 7:25 PM
Jan 2023
WWOOOHH GOOOO WOOO WAAHHH SOO GOOD
Oct 16, 2023 8:20 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Madhouse went crazy this episode, not just with the dragon fight lol
死だけが確実
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

258 by rathashira »»
3 hours ago

» Does Fern lift her boobs with levitation magic? ( 1 2 )

Cory0905 - Oct 16

56 by -DxP- »»
Today, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16

312 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

282 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

247 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 16, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.