Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »
Jan 18, 2015 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
trebmeg said:
PyrrosDrake said:
"People die if they are killed!" (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

And F*ck Slaine
Jan 18, 2015 8:49 PM

Jan 2010
I am so confused from ep 1. Nothing Slaine did make any sense to me. If he is loyal to the princess, why wouldn't he kill Saazbaum for fatally wounding the princess. In addition, even if he has an ultimate plan to take revenge behind his back, why wouldn't Saazbaum kill Slaine after they get back to the base since pointing a gun and threatening your superior is enough to deem him as a traitor

In Code Geass 2, even though it has its own share of problem, the empire let Lelouch lived with his mind brainwashed was to lure the Black Knight out so they could capture them. Here, there is literally no benefit for him to keep Slaine or the princess alive. Seriously, if he just kill them both, he could push the blame onto the earthlings of how they kept the princess alive from the initial bombing in season 1 ep 1 and torture her into lying to the martians of stopping the war. Not only this will bring the war to his favor, but anyone who drew skepticism of him would be gone.
polke45Jan 18, 2015 9:11 PM
Jan 19, 2015 1:03 AM
Mar 2012
All alive, as expected. The only surprise was the wheelchair princess is actually fake/sister, and real one is in coma.
Inaho using heat from explosive rounds and that shotgun loading were quite cool. His cybernetic eye seems to help measure distance better?
Princess Lemrina sounds like a reasonable character.
Part of the huge Slaine hate was for his indecisiveness. At least now he made up his mind to give loyalty to the Martians.
Yes Saazbaum kept alive was odd. Perhaps Slaine wanted to put Saazbaum in his debt for saving him, and the Count has high enough status to pull Slaine closer to the Martian royalty and positions of power. If Slaine escaped without Count, he might've been branded as traitor who killed Saazbaum and kept hime alive (which most Martians wanted dead). In any case his Martian status would remain low.
His motivation seems to be power & (possibly faked) loyalty. Not sure on his true motives, maybe he only cares for hime and wouldn't care to betray both sides.
Jan 19, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2015
No, they're explicitly selfish. He started a war because he was jealous of Earth and because he hated the imperial family for how it manipulated him. Along side vengeance for his wife, which is frankly a stupid reason to restart the war that killed her in the first place.
No he wasn't.

He outright admits he got all his men killed for nothing and defines Hero as a tyrant who lives purely for his own satisfaction.

And then his appearance ends with Gilgamesh crushing everything he stands for in seconds.
Now you've crossed the line from misinformed to blatant lies. I can only assume you're referring to his use of Material Burst, but last I checked "Invasion Fleet" =/= "Innocents".
No. A scapegoat is a fall guy, who is usually innocent or at least had a lesser role. Saazbaum explicitly put everything in motion by his own will, making him the primary instigator.
.........the war. He's responsible for the war. Without Saazbaum, there is no war. How are you not getting this?
They didn't. Everyone involved in the Holocaust and similar activities that the Allies got their hands on had an....unpleasant time. Including regular soldiers, who are normally not considered responsible for their orders.
He attempted to assassinate his own head of state, murdered his allies, bombed a civilian target without authorization, and deliberately defied the orders of someone of higher rank of him. Any more questions?
I'll give you a hint. When someone starts stomping around laughing their ass off inside an invincible machine while destroying everything in sight, they're generally doing so of their own free will.
For all those directly involved in the conspiracy, yes.
Nice. Very mature. Now put your hands over your ears and sing "Lalalalala" at the top of your lungs to complete the image.
I do believe he was trying to convey the meaning of genocide to you, since you keep throwing it around without any apparent understanding.

The military base? That was harboring a fleet of warships preparing to invade Japan? That isn't mentioned once to have a civilian presence?

Because of the way he did it. He murdered a member of his own royal family, or tried to but he fails as hard as Slaine at killing single targets. He has plenty of success dropping meteors on his own men, though, so he's got that going for him!

So killing millions of civilist is not a war crime, and trying to exterminate another group of humans is not genocide?

Saazbaum is responsible for this and Slaine is his minion. Is that not true? So who started this War in the first place? Who is the mastermind behind all that?

Fair point. I'll go ahead and put them up now.

War Crimes - A war crime is a serious violation of the laws and customs of war (also known as international humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility.

Genocide - Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Though this definition sounds more like "hate crime" than what I was assuming.

Anyway, Saazbaum is guilty of both. War Crimes through his attacks on civilians and unnecessary destruction, and genocide because he's doing it with the intent of destroying "Terrans".
Jan 19, 2015 3:34 AM
Jan 2015
polke45 said:
I am so confused from ep 1. Nothing Slaine did make any sense to me. If he is loyal to the princess, why wouldn't he kill Saazbaum for fatally wounding the princess. In addition, even if he has an ultimate plan to take revenge behind his back, why wouldn't Saazbaum kill Slaine after they get back to the base since pointing a gun and threatening your superior is enough to deem him as a traitor

In Code Geass 2, even though it has its own share of problem, the empire let Lelouch lived with his mind brainwashed was to lure the Black Knight out so they could capture them. Here, there is literally no benefit for him to keep Slaine or the princess alive. Seriously, if he just kill them both, he could push the blame onto the earthlings of how they kept the princess alive from the initial bombing in season 1 ep 1 and torture her into lying to the martians of stopping the war. Not only this will bring the war to his favor, but anyone who drew skepticism of him would be gone.

Slaine wants to save the princess, may want the princess for himself and he wants to be a martian.

Everything he's done makes sense, to get what he wants.

Slaine is currently helping Saazbaum and Seylum's no current threat to Saazbaum, plus he probably has plans to get rid of Seylum if there are any signs of her waking - or either Slaine or Saazbaum or both are drugging her to keep her out.

based on self interest it looks to me like Slaine and Saazbaum are behaving completely logically.
Jan 19, 2015 4:15 AM

Apr 2009
It's painful reading some of these comments, but i'm glad nobody died. Can't discuss anything properly without the hate-filled perfectionists filling up anime forums. Still waiting for them to get into the anime industry and fulfill their own desires.
Jan 19, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2015
awditty said:
polke45 said:

Slaine wants to save the princess, may want the princess for himself and he wants to be a martian.

Everything he's done makes sense, to get what he wants.

Slaine is currently helping Saazbaum and Seylum's no current threat to Saazbaum, plus he probably has plans to get rid of Seylum if there are any signs of her waking - or either Slaine or Saazbaum or both are drugging her to keep her out.

based on self interest it looks to me like Slaine and Saazbaum are behaving completely logically.

you noticed in the final scene, the episode, compared to Slaine speak the name of Inaho, Eddelrittuo would speak the name, and before seriously looked at the princess. Then Slaine spoke the name.
Sera that at the opening, the scene of Princessa with Inaho, it leaves the gun down and disappears, does not suit she left that gun to Inaho, power to Stop Slaine, as the princess appears behind of Slaine crying, allusion that she does not agree with their methods
Jan 19, 2015 9:13 PM

Jul 2008
Watching this first episode almost feels like someone hit the 'reset' button and people just change sides. Slaine looks like a badass now but a few things from the previous season remained unchanged > Inaho is still OP and the knights are still rubbish :) The ratings for this episode is understandable and I wonder how will the war even end? with the truth between both sides revealed or concealed forever?
Jan 20, 2015 3:00 AM

Feb 2014
Well this was to be expected no way they where going to kill off the main people of the show.
Jan 21, 2015 5:48 AM

May 2013
"We don't have time to die." Well said, Rayet. That is how everyone is still alive, but...
What. The. Fuck. Why are they still alive? I'll accept the explanations for now.

So nineteen months later, Slaine's all badass riding in his Tharsis. He became a Knight and all.
And then we move to a fanservice scene of Inko, Rayet, and Nina. Glad to see they're doing well.
Count Saazbaum's alive because Slaine saved him. There's also Princess Lemrina, pretending to be Princess Asseylum.
Mizusaki still has no date.

Inaho's still alive too yet he's even more badass because of his robotic eye. Also, he can talk more.
Not only that, but he also gained the light of Aldnoah.
Hopefully he can use that power and save Princess Asseylum from her water tank.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 21, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2014
lmaoo this show just went from decent to "bottom of the barrel" with this episode. Plot convenience Inaho by giving him the Alnoah for a kiss or blood? Are you serious with this shit?
Slaine doesn't have a personality. He's just an inconsistent mess
And of course we need a beach scene right guys?
Jan 22, 2015 5:48 AM
Jun 2014
Seta19 said:
It's painful reading some of these comments, but i'm glad nobody died. Can't discuss anything properly without the hate-filled perfectionists filling up anime forums. Still waiting for them to get into the anime industry and fulfill their own desires.

''Hate filled-perfectionists''

Lmao. This show has bland characters, bad writing, many plotholes and brings its cast back to life via bullshit explanation. Anyone hating on this piece of shit is simply being reasonable. And the classic ''Don't like it, then do it better'' response. Are you 12 or something?

Actually, based on your post and avatar you MUST be 12. Otherwise this is just sad.
Jan 23, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2009
Slaine-sama wtf. Slaine has picked a side and now we know who he really is. Saaubaum seemed like the true antagonist, but really Slaine is the one who was meant to be Inaho's opposite all along.

Speaking of which, Inaho is alive. Thank god. Nice robot eye too. He knows something is up with the princess.

And so everyone is alive. Great...... really you couldn't kill Saaubaum atleast? Common.....
Jan 23, 2015 10:59 AM
Sep 2014
blazehero said:
Slaine-sama wtf. Slaine has picked a side and now we know who he really is. Saaubaum seemed like the true antagonist, but really Slaine is the one who was meant to be Inaho's opposite all along.

Speaking of which, Inaho is alive. Thank god. Nice robot eye too. He knows something is up with the princess.

And so everyone is alive. Great...... really you couldn't kill Saaubaum atleast? Common.....

They'll Kill Saazbaum's Dumbass In this Season even if we have to Send Someone to do it
Jan 24, 2015 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
Primus2x said:
seujair31 said:

in F. C. Barcelona site. the doctor explains the barcelona about it, Leonel Messi was accused of the same things that speaks of Inaho. shortages of emotions and be a robot.
The doctor said it clear, people have a tendency to confuse emotions with facial expressions. Having no facial expressions, and different from being emotions.
The doctor ends the interview saying. Let those who have no talent, seek defects in having
Yeah, he could have had emotions before because just because you don't display emotions does not mean you do not have them (and he did display emotion last season after he defeated Vlad and Rayet rescued him for example).

But in this seen, the creators are showing that now Inaho can display emotion, he can engage in polite small talk as Rayet says before Inko hugs him.

He looks so cute.
Jan 25, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that everyone is alive. I might have to change my S1 score. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 26, 2015 10:22 PM
Dec 2008
I don't even know how to properly express how pissed and disappointed I am. I mean, there were no other options other than bringing them ALL back? Really? And the dude is even more of a teenage genius killing machine than before? *silent scream*
Jan 27, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2015
missinglnk said:
I don't even know how to properly express how pissed and disappointed I am. I mean, there were no other options other than bringing them ALL back? Really? And the dude is even more of a teenage genius killing machine than before? *silent scream*

I agree with you the deuteragonist is, dumber and stupid than ever, as taught wrong Asseylum, about why the sky is blue again taught Lemrina the same wrong way.
So with Saazbaum, made it clear he would do something against Asseylum now Lemrina also makes it clear that will do something against
Asseylum.
Now he also has a super-robot that predicts the future, and Harklight his servant, doing the calculations, plans, and tactical battles, from behind the curtains.
I agree with you, there is no way leave the Slaine deuteragonist, with the protagonist. * silent scream *
Jan 29, 2015 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
Convincing pick up from what was shown last season they all seem to be still alive after 19 months
I like the starting scene in space with the mech battles
Also the one with Inaho on earth neating the Ice mech

The 'manservant' comment coming from Harklight was kind of creepy
Jan 29, 2015 8:00 PM

Nov 2012
This remains pretty bad.
Jan 31, 2015 7:10 PM

Sep 2010
Really glad everyone is alive, don't like the direction they're going. The writing for this show just isn't very good, but the art and concept are right up my ally so I keep watching..
Feb 8, 2015 9:23 PM

Jul 2014
this f*cking show...
How do I signature?
Feb 12, 2015 2:20 AM

Mar 2013
So.

How many people here realized immediately that the "winds" were really atmospheric drag from the fact that they were in LEO (Low Earth Orbit)? In other words, they were still technically inside the atmosphere of the Earth.
*raises hand*

... Anyone else?
Wow.
Feb 12, 2015 3:08 AM

May 2014
JerichoDeath said:
So.

How many people here realized immediately that the "winds" were really atmospheric drag from the fact that they were in LEO (Low Earth Orbit)? In other words, they were still technically inside the atmosphere of the Earth.
*raises hand*

... Anyone else?
Wow.

I assumed they were referring to solar winds. Given how exaggerated the effect on round trajectories was, I don't think it really matters either way :)
Feb 13, 2015 10:54 AM

Sep 2014
Oh sheet , they didn't die , it's ok :) Hope they don't die in the very end...
Feb 13, 2015 1:50 PM

Dec 2010
Should've guessed they don't have the guts to kill off an important character. Basically the final arc of S1 didn't happen.

And even the ED sucks.
Feb 13, 2015 3:12 PM
Jul 2014
leelee619 said:
kei78 said:
All i will remember from this episode is the confirmation that slaine in a necrophile Do-Hentai

HAHAHA Very funny But How can she be dead if she's In a regeneration Chamber?

O.O omg, dirty thoughts in my head.
Mar 8, 2015 9:00 AM

Feb 2015
Such contrived fucking bullshit. Why couldn't the dead characters just stay dead? I feel cheated.
Maximum Honking
Mar 8, 2015 9:07 AM

Apr 2008
aweeb said:
Such contrived fucking bullshit. Why couldn't the dead characters just stay dead? I feel cheated.

They were never confirmed dead. You just wished they were
Mar 8, 2015 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
aweeb said:

True. Like I said it feels very contrived to me.
Maximum Honking
Mar 8, 2015 3:15 PM

May 2014
aweeb said:
Darklight0303 said:

True. Like I said it feels very contrived to me.

That's because it was contrived. Asseylum shot three times, Inaho badly wounded and then shot point blank in the head. It was a total copout so the writers could have the cool and bold ending, but not deal with the consequences.
Mar 17, 2015 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Slaine my main man is back. Leave it to this stud to worship and talk to Asseylum's corpse in a test tube. He's pretty much got Lemrina wrapped around his finger while making Saazbum his little bitch.

I'm not really sure what to think about Inaho surviving. The princess is more plausible given the state she's in, but the whole Aldnoah Drive saving him just seems really ridiculous. Inaho really is a robot and Asseylum recharged his batteries. I won't write off what's in store yet, but I think they could have taken a more interesting path by killing them off.
Mar 17, 2015 3:25 PM
May 2013
I... I don't even... what ?
I would love this but it seems so forced , like everything is happening for the plot's sake .
If Slaine's gun would be a toy everything would make sense , but after that episode where he "slained" the martian pilot (the martian guns look too strong to not be able to ohko from 1 shot)
So Inaho is still alive uh ? I thought I'm watching A/Z not DBZ ffs .
Mar 17, 2015 4:52 PM

Apr 2008
Zarnaav said:
I... I don't even... what ?
I would love this but it seems so forced , like everything is happening for the plot's sake .
If Slaine's gun would be a toy everything would make sense , but after that episode where he "slained" the martian pilot (the martian guns look too strong to not be able to ohko from 1 shot)
So Inaho is still alive uh ? I thought I'm watching A/Z not DBZ ffs .

What are you talking about. Every kill and almost kill Slaine got other than on Inaho took multiple shot because he's a shitty shooter.
Mar 23, 2015 12:10 AM

Jun 2013
Did this guy just say that there is wind in space . .holy shit
Mar 25, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
wtf? nobody's dead
Apr 6, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
wtf.... all 3 people who shouldve died last episode of S1 are alive. anime in a nutshell
Apr 18, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
They're all alive and apparently slaine out of love for princess who wants to protect terrans decided to kill terrans. Legit.
Apr 19, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, Hell this confused me to no end until near the ending of the first episode.
Everything was starting to make a bit more sense now.
In the first season, I had wondered how Inaho got the robotic eye sensor. I didn't see it anywhere else in that first season until the second season, just now.

Sooo.... Inaho and the Princess aren't dead. I was wondering about that because in the first season, her little sister went up to the tube-like thing and had the body of what looked like the Princess in there. That's why it made me so confused whenever we saw Slaine's past to where he shared the water kiss with that one girl (who I now know is the Princess).

The first and second seasons are overlapping each other and I guess that's cool. It just made me hella confused for the longest time. I had to pause in between some sections and scream "THIS ALREADY HAPPENED".

Things are starting to get clearer and clearer.

Man... I thought that I liked Slaine but it's wavering now. WHO ARE YOU FIGHTING FOR, MANG?!

The Princess. Duh.
Apr 20, 2015 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
Grrr I hate Inaho. He better turn out to be a robot sent from future in the end or I'll rate this show 1/10... Though the way that freezing mecha was standing still while Inaho was attacking suggests that I should already rate this at 1/10. This anime is stupid, I've never seen such lame writing before, ew.
Apr 28, 2015 11:46 AM

Jun 2012
S1 plot twist that kills off main characters was surprising, but created suspense and excitement for S2 (imagine the season-long wait).
They're alive anyway. . potential. . aaaaaannnndddd it's gone.

May 1, 2015 1:11 PM

May 2012
Decent catch up from where we left off in the first season! Let's see what this season will offer us though.
May 3, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
Fun episode to watch, though I feel like it was really stupid...
Like 3 people were almost "declared" dead in the season 1 finale.
Now it seems that everyone is alive and well. I mean wtf..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2015 12:31 PM

May 2014
They all survived ... so disappointing. Now Slaine is a knight, Inaho is a terminator and Asseylum is replaced by her evil sister(?). Oh well, I hope this season will be more entertaining than the first one.
Jun 23, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2011
INAHO!!!! TAT (tears of joy)

Other than the pointless girl fanservice part at the beach, the overall buildup at the beginning is quite nice.

Slaine Troyard is easily the worst character in this series. Now I see him siding with the Martians and manipulating (formerly Princess) Asseylum into the vile intentions of the Martians. We really need this traitor to suffer a fate worse than death.
Jun 24, 2015 12:29 AM

Jan 2015
That was the good way to pick up a story from the Last season really enjoyed and the OST was Awesome
Aug 10, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2009
Inaho will eventually get to the point where hes a bloody terminator.
Sep 15, 2015 8:36 PM

Sep 2012
I...... I honestly thought S1 was ... OK, with a few pretty cool parts. And I was actually impressed that they killed off the Princess and Inoha. Interesting twist. 6/10.

I watch this, subbed, realize how they essentially started over, and just read through the forums glancing over occasionally.... I might have to drop this. I really might. Otherwise I will have to lower my score on S1, and I don't want to do that.
Sep 16, 2015 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
why does everyone want the MC's to be dead?

also, fuck slain.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Dec 23, 2015 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO Wow. That was just bad. Inaho returning in a badass way was awesome, but come on. Asseylum is alive, too, after getting a headshot.

It's clear Slaine went to the Stormtrooper academy for shooting since he couldn't kill Inaho at point blank range.

Nice beach scene. Bless you for that.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »

More topics from this board

» SPOILER - Question regarding the end of the anime

Joshuam303 - Apr 6, 2016

25 by Masterbos175 »»
Jun 29, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.