Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 14, 2023 9:08 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
einstorage6691 said:
CorayyAnime said:
Like save some slaves what the hell?
Weird episode tbh.
bruh... they buy slave not because they want to save her. but because they want to find someone who can make figure for Zanoba. watch the episode smh....

yeah i was just frustrated :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 14, 2023 10:14 AM
Feb 2020
Loved the episode where Rudeus empathizes with dwarf slave.
Aug 14, 2023 10:26 AM
Dec 2015
IDK maybe this anime is starting to fall off. The writing and originality in portraying a very cliche genre/plot has all but disappeared and the plot feels like it now centres around sex essentially. Not to mention mans bought a whole slave. I was kinda hoping that we would see Rudeus grow a bit more into a decent person like we saw in season 1. The way he overcame his past and stuff was refreshing. Now I feel like he has gotten to a plateau in his character development. Also please let's not do anything panty related with the child.
Aug 14, 2023 10:51 AM

Jan 2021
Love that this ep isn´t about
¨hey slavery is bad let´s save all¨

no...
that happens often in that world, is a business and you can´t do anything about it
not like others isekais where the mc is a god of salvation
rudeus is just trying to save A LIFE in his own and by his own methods

Aug 14, 2023 11:09 AM
Aug 2011
Episodio muito bom, mesmo com um certo rush, tivemos mais desenvolvimento do nosso querido protagonista e claro a adição da Julie que é uma fofa.
Aug 14, 2023 11:20 AM

May 2015
Fantasylord2205 said:

Did you watch the first season? Genuinely asking because there's a whole arc establishing that slavery is bad with Rudeus acting like "a god of salvation" (aka a normal 21st century human being).
Aug 14, 2023 11:51 AM

Jan 2021
El-Melloi said:
Fantasylord2205 said:

Did you watch the first season? Genuinely asking because there's a whole arc establishing that slavery is bad with Rudeus acting like "a god of salvation" (aka a normal 21st century human being).
yeah but in this arc he don´t do it cuz he learns how works the world, the slavery won't ends, nothing of that will change, he accepted it and moved on, no like others mc who just try to do good ALL TIME

Aug 14, 2023 12:16 PM

May 2021
Leave it to MT to subvert our expectations of a Magic Academy arc to an "Am I possibly gay(yes, you are)?" arc.

Aug 14, 2023 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
El-Melloi said:
Fantasylord2205 said:

The circumstances surrounding that were a bit more complex I feel. First he had Ruijerd as moral compass with his hardliner attitude. Then he was contracted to free those children. And then those slaves weren't "slaves" as in they couldn't pay their debt and were enslaved or the parents sold their children because they couldnt provide for them and hoped that they would at least survive like this. No they were abducted children. The slave part was somewhat irrelevant for that plotline. Slavery in that world is normalized and Rudy is no paragon of virtue.
Just to make sure I'm not misunderstodd. This is obviously not a pro-slavery take. It's abhorent in real life but the show is going out of its way to show that this is something very common and therefore it doesn't ruffle any feathers of anyone involved.
ArkanietAug 14, 2023 12:39 PM
Aug 14, 2023 1:24 PM
Feb 2021
I Loved this episode.
Aug 14, 2023 1:25 PM
Apr 2023
I feel bad for the new slave I wonder what kind of sculptures he will have her make I wouldn’t put it past him to do somrhing mature
Aug 14, 2023 1:48 PM
Feb 2023
pretty chill ep but its slice-of-life done well
Aug 14, 2023 3:15 PM

Apr 2022
This episode went by really freaking fast, can't wait to see what Juliette cooks up
Aug 14, 2023 3:31 PM
May 2023
The episodes fly by so quick. Julie was cute
Aug 14, 2023 4:11 PM
Mar 2019
what the actual fuck was this episode????? I can't believe they're doing a slave bit with such a lack of self awareness. Seriously, buying a slave child to help a horny otaku make figurines being played off as such a normal thing without a single acknowledgement of how fucked up it is. It's weird and gross.

It also just feels really out of place for the characters, why would Rudy just not care about the literal slavery when he was murdering slave traders in the demi-human village. You're telling me the guy who first hand saw the cruelty of how slaves were taken from their homes is just going to make a casual day out of literally buying a slave??????????????????? And a fucking child at that?????? Same thing with Sylphie, you're telling me the elf has no reaction to going out of their way to buy a nonhuman slave because they're more naturally dexterous? This isn't even the story being "grimdark" or "just part of the time period" because it's treated so flippantly without any actual thought or care put into the way it's being portrayed. Seriously, the medieval salve market has window stalls where people stand perfectly still and expressionless? Sorry that's not how that shit worked, and it's really weird of the show to try and portray SLAVERY as some kind of clean and sterile storefront.

Absolute embarrassment. I guess fool on me for thinking this show had the self respect to actually care for it's characters instead of focusing a huge portion of this arc on a lame otaku bit character in a bland ass anime highschool setting.
Aug 14, 2023 4:26 PM
Sep 2021
Solid Episode. Did a great job of showing how far the characters have come. Redues's approach to Julia conveys that he truly has grown and learned to manage his own depression, but at the same ttime, that he's still flawed and figuring things out. Sylphie having fun with her mysteriousness, has been enjoyable, it's marked a nice change in theri dynamic that expresses how much more self assured she has become as an individual, i especially love how she's initiating. We haven't gotten much about how she has grown but this was a really good way to do it. The show's appraoch to the Slave Market was interesting, it made sure to show it was a messed up place, and allowed us to feel sympathy for the individuals in there, but also showed how normal it was by having the characters approach it and talk about the market so casually. I love the nuance in this show!
Aug 14, 2023 4:57 PM

May 2015
Thicc_Ink said:
what the actual fuck was this episode????? I can't believe they're doing a slave bit with such a lack of self awareness. Seriously, buying a slave child to help a horny otaku make figurines being played off as such a normal thing without a single acknowledgement of how fucked up it is. It's weird and gross.

It also just feels really out of place for the characters, why would Rudy just not care about the literal slavery when he was murdering slave traders in the demi-human village. You're telling me the guy who first hand saw the cruelty of how slaves were taken from their homes is just going to make a casual day out of literally buying a slave??????????????????? And a fucking child at that?????? Same thing with Sylphie, you're telling me the elf has no reaction to going out of their way to buy a nonhuman slave because they're more naturally dexterous? This isn't even the story being "grimdark" or "just part of the time period" because it's treated so flippantly without any actual thought or care put into the way it's being portrayed. Seriously, the medieval salve market has window stalls where people stand perfectly still and expressionless? Sorry that's not how that shit worked, and it's really weird of the show to try and portray SLAVERY as some kind of clean and sterile storefront.

Absolute embarrassment. I guess fool on me for thinking this show had the self respect to actually care for it's characters instead of focusing a huge portion of this arc on a lame otaku bit character in a bland ass anime highschool setting.

Oh look more faux outrage from another tourist, how original
Aug 14, 2023 5:07 PM
Jan 2017
mt bom anime, pena que o rudeus fica de viadagem com calcinha mas blz
Aug 14, 2023 5:49 PM
Mar 2019
billybub said:
Thicc_Ink said:

Oh look more faux outrage from another tourist, how original
oh, my bad for thinking it's weird that they bought a child slave so the obnoxious otaku bit character could make horny anime figures. This was totally in good taste and a necessary element for the story. I'm positive this detail of Rudy buying a child slave for such a superficial reason will have a really increadible payoff later on and not be handwaved or forgotten about.
Aug 14, 2023 5:59 PM
May 2020
Thicc_Ink said:

where were you when bro was lusting after his mom and fucking a 14 year old lmao
Aug 14, 2023 6:04 PM

Jan 2018
FrozenRaider said:
Ahhh yes. Slaves market....my favourite.

No no guys. Don't think about the fact that rudeus is, with no convincing, taking part in one of the most evil systems humans can think of, because like.... he's really nice and gonna be really nice to her.

Really we need to think of her more as his daughter or younger sister... that he legally owns as property. And shes like a dwarf so, really that's not all that different than like... well having a dog isn't slavery...

Yeah it's like... if your daughter was a dog. Property rights. Gotta love em!

Plus they are keeping the puppy busy by letting her make hentai figures for his down bad friend. And who knows it might even be compensated labor! Truthfully that is the cliff hanger here. I am biting my nails waiting for that answer.

If there was a better reason to get a slave, I mean pet than making hentai figures I'd like to hear it!
Aug 14, 2023 6:06 PM
Mar 2019
senebris said:
Thicc_Ink said:

where were you when bro was lusting after his mom and fucking a 14 year old lmao
I mean I didn't like that either and it was really hard to watch, but I figured the whole point was to make him super flawed so there was a lot of room to allow him to improve. It at least felt necessary for what the story was trying to do. This just feels tone-deaf. Any other reason than "so they can make anime figures" would feel more appropriate. 
Aug 14, 2023 6:10 PM

Jan 2018
senebris said:
Thicc_Ink said:

There are two types of people who watch this show and as far as I have seen there are no moderates. People hate watching the fuck out of this, apauled that it keeps getting worst and worst. Such as me and this guy, and apparently people who think the show is a masterpiece. Thankfully some of the people who like the show at least understand that acts of heroism does not excuse an otherwise morally bankrupt and repugnant personality such as that of rudeus greyrat.
Aug 14, 2023 6:12 PM

Jan 2018
nobody886 said:
I feel bad for the new slave I wonder what kind of sculptures he will have her make I wouldn’t put it past him to do somrhing mature

I thought making figures that at least border r18 was actually the whole reason they got the slave. Given zanobas inspiration was the undressable Roxy one.
Aug 14, 2023 6:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Zanoba just casually drops the fact that he had accidentally killed his younger brother wtf lool

Speaking of, do we really go slave-shopping for him to find someone who can learn to sculpt figures? Is Zanoba's figure-making really that important a plot element to have a whole episode dedicated to it?? Only reason I can think of is that Juliette here will become an important character later on and they need a way to introduce her. Just a bit of an odd way to introduce her, that's all.

On an unrelated note, I really like how we can see through Sylph- I mean Fitz's, "sunglasses". We can see all of those cute expressions and if she was actually a boy she'd be making me gay fr.

Also no Elina sightings today, and I'm still confused as to why she's here. I mean we all know WHY, just, why? Not that I'm complaining IN THE SLIGHTEST. We men welcome her with open arms into this arc. But she initially showed up to find Rudeus and give him the good news of his mother being alive, right? And she just stuck around getting railed, and now she's with him at school for some reason. Again, no complaints WHATSOEVER, but it's still kind of weird lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 14, 2023 7:26 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Rudeus and Fitts/Sylphiette together is great and contributes for his cure... Easy to picture Rudeus and Sylphiette as a happy and loving couple. Curious about Juliette... she and Rudeus will have a strong friendship in their future. This episode should remember people slavery still exists on planet Earth in 2023.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 14, 2023 10:48 PM
Nov 2018
Struggling at this point. Strong sense of who cares about this arc. 

The modern American hysteria about slavery is kinda funny. It’s like we’ve banished all of our old fantasy themes. Hope no one likes harem girls in their fiction. The weird panties obsession is more harmful if we’re gonna whine. 
Aug 15, 2023 12:33 AM

May 2015
Arkaniet said:
It's abhorent in real life but the show is going out of its way to show that this is something very common and therefore it doesn't ruffle any feathers of anyone involved.

It's not "a show" for Rudeus though. If it was, he would still be sexually assaulting every female character he encounters. One of the points of the story is that it is so real for him that the people who used to be scattered around the world are considered his actual family. I'm not stupid and can tell he couldn't abolish slavery by himself right there right now, but the way it's portrayed in the episode overnormalized it with little criticism coming from Rudeus or his inner thoughts.
Aug 15, 2023 1:40 AM
Sep 2017
Uhhh... slavery.

Why is no one batting an eye? Shouldn't Rudeus at least have narrated that he had reservations about buying a slave, given that slavery was taboo in his past life? In most isekais with slavery, the protagonist puts up at least some resistance to slavery, even completely opposing it, before playing Jesus and buying and freeing a cute girl slave, who is so enthralled that she decides to follow and serve him anyway, adding to his harem. Not so here -- where other protagonists would offer freedom, the escape that Rudeus offered was a quick and painless death. So merciful lol. The possibility of freeing her was not ever mentioned.

Also, didn't Rudeus himself play hero against slavery last season, along with Dead End, rescuing some girls who got kidnapped and were going to be sold as slaves? I don't totally remember if slavery was the intent there. But if so, how hypocritical of Rudeus to help his friend buy and use a slave now.

Either way, I'm surprised at the way this episode went, and that everyone is just okay with keeping the little slave girl a slave. And that the author was bold enough to unceremoniously and unapologetically plop slavery in like this and have no characters object. Maybe my western culture perspective is interfering, idk. To be clear, I don't dislike the fact that slavery is a part of the anime -- in fact, I've said before that I appreciate this show's commitment to realism. It's just weird where the characters went with it, in comparison with other isekais.
SelionAug 15, 2023 1:57 AM
Aug 15, 2023 1:43 AM

Jan 2019
All the isekai tropes really do come from mushoku tensei don't they. Didn't realise even the kind child slave owner trope started here too.

Aug 15, 2023 2:04 AM

Jan 2021
It seems like Rudeus is beginning to enjoy the school life while Zenoba begs him to teach him how to make sculptures.

Sylph decides to help Rudeus with the mass teleportation or to do research on it but this dude still doesn't know that its Sylph. I feel like Sylph gives many hints but he still doesn't realize or something, even though he blushes most of the times. Also he thinks that Sylph is a male for some reason. Sylph patiently waiting for Rudeus to invite her alongside with Zenoba. The slave market was rather disturbing to see tbh, i just didn't feel comfortable looking at all those people being chained up in cages. At least Rudeus rescued one girl out of the cage. I'm glad that she has a safer place now. Juliette is a nice name for her. Seeing her smile after so long made me feel happy. Rudeus even teaching her languages, man he really has grown up i feel like, almost looks like parenting.
__andre__Aug 15, 2023 2:08 AM
Aug 15, 2023 5:48 AM
Apr 2023
Selion said:
Uhhh... slavery.

Why is no one batting an eye? Shouldn't Rudeus at least have narrated that he had reservations about buying a slave, given that slavery was taboo in his past life? In most isekais with slavery, the protagonist puts up at least some resistance to slavery, even completely opposing it, before playing Jesus and buying and freeing a cute girl slave, who is so enthralled that she decides to follow and serve him anyway, adding to his harem. Not so here -- where other protagonists would offer freedom, the escape that Rudeus offered was a quick and painless death. So merciful lol. The possibility of freeing her was not ever mentioned.

Also, didn't Rudeus himself play hero against slavery last season, along with Dead End, rescuing some girls who got kidnapped and were going to be sold as slaves? I don't totally remember if slavery was the intent there. But if so, how hypocritical of Rudeus to help his friend buy and use a slave now.

Either way, I'm surprised at the way this episode went, and that everyone is just okay with keeping the little slave girl a slave. And that the author was bold enough to unceremoniously and unapologetically plop slavery in like this and have no characters object. Maybe my western culture perspective is interfering, idk. To be clear, I don't dislike the fact that slavery is a part of the anime -- in fact, I've said before that I appreciate this show's commitment to realism. It's just weird where the characters went with it, in comparison with other isekais.

I quite liked how he reacted breaking away from the common theme it feels different and It works well because he is being realistic about to this world and I meen he understood how she felt in a way ig that’s why he offered to off her I do think later in the story she will be more important
Aug 15, 2023 5:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor little girl being a slave, I guess I should be happy they didn't kill her, at least...
Aug 15, 2023 6:11 AM
Oct 2021
It doesn't even feel like 20 minutes. I miss this kind of feeling when watching anime.
Aug 15, 2023 11:14 AM
Jul 2022
bro is getting catfished againđź’€
Aug 15, 2023 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
MOFOS Bait and switched us!!!! Rudeus is into boys only. Im not into BL anime...dropping
Aug 15, 2023 2:49 PM

Sep 2014
timeforward said:
Comander-07 said:
Even with everything going on in this show I have to say even if I disagree with it I can atleast understand it, well you can probably guess the very specific issue I am talking about, but Rudeus just naturally beeing okay with slavery is something I really dont buy.
Not even a single line about the moral issue of slavery from him? He was an adult in modern japan and he doesnt see any issue with slavery? Thats the most disgusting thing I have seen from this show, which is really something considering the disgusting things he already tried in S1..
This is really surprising to me, I thought his bad behaviour was supposed to be a thing from the past which he is aware about, but this wasnt even portrayed like a big deal?
Yes he wasnt a fan of the individuals situations once he saw them but he really had 0 issue with the concept itself..

Ps: The cure for ED are traps, this anime confirmed it
As far as story telling goes, the fact he had a previous life seems to serve only the purpose of having the viewers angry at him.
It's kinda funny how he has this history with him but it doesn't affect at all how the people in his world view him, no attempt to translate any real world influence or morals through him.
Heck for the purpose of the story you could remove the past life entirely and it would work just the same, all his problems could very well be the same in a regular troubled youth.
The only difference would be the moral questions that the viewers have, his private life and past as far as the story went so far in the anime exists only for us.
yeah this story could have just been a normal fantasy setting for the most part with the MC having a troubled childhood for trauma and they could have even scrapped the pedo stuff by making everything else happen a few years later.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 15, 2023 5:45 PM
Dec 2018
This episode felt weird as hell.
Not really because of the slave thing, since that's practically expected from the genre as this point.
Rather, the way they acted about it just felt weird.
"I'm trying to teach this guy how to do something, but he sucks at it" "Oh, you should have him buy a slave to do it for him *tehe*" "great idea." "umm... can I come with you?" *blushes*
As if going to a dingy dirty place to buy a slave is a romantic idea at all.
Aug 15, 2023 5:49 PM
May 2017
The chemistry between Rudeus and Sylphy is insane, got bro thinking he swinging both ways because of it. This is the one anime where I actually ship mc with the childhood friend. I need her to win
Aug 15, 2023 8:25 PM
Sep 2014
It is funny this episode kind of felt slow, but at the sametime it was the quickest 24 minutes I have had for an anime in a long time
Aug 16, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 2021

Rudeus' inner monologue about being cured of his ED by a man is the finniest thing.

jabot925 said:
when will rudeus find out who fitz is? id like some kind of episode estimate

They'll probably "do it" in ep 12.  The next 12 ep will focus on something else entirely.

Aug 16, 2023 6:59 AM
Dec 2021
Rudeus suffers emotionally from a breakup with a 15yo for 2 years but then emotionlessly and indifferently strolls through a slave market like its a shopping mall and buys himself one though i guess it makes sense considering the character. In his 50 years of life eris was his first ever girl.

Also im starting to find the over-politeness and lack of humor in the show somewhat annoying. People simply dont talk like that in life. Its odd. The pacing of the show so far is super weird too. From rapid acceleration to stalling to a halt. For an episode where they buy a slave nothing meaningful really happened. Instead of showing us things they choose to narrate it to us. For a school setting it immerses worse than a casual shitsekai. We havent even seen student interactions or teacher interactions yet. Atleast make us feel like hes studying instead of him narrating to us how hes studying lmao
Aug 16, 2023 7:38 AM
Jun 2007
Hmm more development between Rudeus and Fitz.
Aug 16, 2023 8:47 AM

Jan 2011
MangagnaM said:
silversaint said:
this dude compared his old life to that of a child slave like WHAT? that aside this scene at the slave market is easily the most interesting one in this second season so far which TBH has been quite boring for the most part

also i dont get this plan, he cant make a figurine on his own so he buys a child to teach them how to make them for him? huh
Zanoba is a Blessed Child and has superhuman strength and is clumsy when the job requires a lot of precision and dexterity, which he just does not have whatsoever (hell his clumsiness basically killed his brother with a lack of control over himself nor his power). He won't ever be able to learn to make anything close to figurines, let alone what Rudeus showed him basically. The dwarf girl being young and having good dexterity could develop her mana pool and practice enough earth magic to do basically what Zanoba cant. Obviously he knows Rudeus cant just help him with that all the time either since he has his own things to do so that was his alternate, somewhat.
i did understood that the guy cant make any figurines, the thing was his plan, it seems odd to me, maybe its normal there but i thought if he can just find a scultor to make the figurines, getting a slave to do it for him instead is something i wasnt expecting
Aug 16, 2023 9:30 AM
Jan 2015
good stuff!
so far so good
Aug 16, 2023 10:15 AM
Dec 2021
CautiousShadow said:

Rudeus' inner monologue about being cured of his ED by a man is the finniest thing.

jabot925 said:
when will rudeus find out who fitz is? id like some kind of episode estimate

They'll probably "do it" in ep 12.  The next 12 ep will focus on something else entirely.

unfortunate (character limit)
Aug 16, 2023 1:16 PM
Dec 2019
Very good series actuallu
Aug 16, 2023 2:37 PM
Jul 2020
That time I bought a child-slave to make me waifu figures
Aug 16, 2023 11:08 PM
Feb 2023
I love it very much
Aug 17, 2023 3:21 AM

Feb 2020
ya just love to see a isekai'd individual buy a loli slave

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

458 by NeoGeoSin »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

226 by euuzaik »»
Jun 22, 10:29 PM

» Bad Animation ( 1 2 3 )

OroficB06 - Jun 10

146 by 2ndEscape »»
Jun 19, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

238 by Bezaleel »»
Jun 14, 10:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Giorgosman13 - Aug 27, 2023

194 by Bezaleel »»
Jun 14, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.