Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 30, 2022 2:40 AM

Oct 2022
Love how this show at adds comedy during its serious moments, Despite me being sad about Ranko death they just keep throwing curve ball that had me in tears for the wrong reasons lol.

9/10
Dec 30, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, I don't know how to feel about this anime.

Up until episode 10 it was nearly all 10/10 episodes. But episode 11 & 12 is just bad in my opinion. Episode 11 started out great until that moment between Ranko, Uzuko, and Nagomi.
Ranko should've killed this bitch Uzuko at episode 11, I know there's this "I will feel guilty if I killed my dear friend" from Ranko, but damn son, that Uzuko is just cold blooded bitch, one way or another she'll try to kill everyone from Oinky Doink Café anyway, she was the one who ordered to kill your dear Miss Michiyo, she's not your "friend" anymore.You don't have any problem killing those maids before so why don't you just kill Uzuko there and end it all.

So I felt like Ranko's & Ramen guy death are totally unecessary, and so does Nagomi going disabled.

Anyway, this anime is very entertaining up until near the end of episode 11, but the end of episode 11 and episode 12 are just dissapointing (for me). So this anime for me is at least 6/10 or 7/10. Really, I don't know how to feel about this, in one hand I love this anime so much, I think the characters are very interesting, but in another hand that last two episodes just ruin it all for me.
a
Dec 30, 2022 9:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
What a wild ending. I have to give this show props, I really wasn't sure how it was going to end, or if anyone would even survive. I was really worried that Nagomi would forsake her character development from the midseason with Nerula dying and asking her to stay as she was. I actually think the way this ended was really clever, and stayed true to Nogami's character. She defeats the big bad by being the best maid she can be, along with every one else at Oinky Doink, while not killing anyone. I actually don't think we saw any Oinky Doink maid kill anyone after Nerula's death and Nagomi promising she'll never kill. It was really nice to see and solidified Nagomi as a terrific character.

I do think the end was pretty abrupt though. I also think Ranko's death felt pretty contrived. It's like they needed an excuse to have one final confrontation to end the series on. I do find it also clever that Nagi ended up being killed by the hitman or in this case, hit-maid, that started this whole thing when she assassinated Michiyo. I was a little worried that Naogomi wouldn't make it after being shot, but in the end, she was able to keep her promise with Nerula, make Ranko proud, and end the Maid War once and for all. Akiba is a peaceful place and she is still a maid to this day. 

This was a Yakuza story in a maid's outfit. It was an absolutely wild, insane, and hilarious ride full of gratuitous death and at times, total unpredictability. All the times it poked fun at Yakuza tropes and clichés by adding a maid twist almost left me laughing. I think the ending could've been done better, even with just 10 more minutes, it could've helped give us some closure with the other characters, as we don't see them after Nagi getting killed.

Overall, I had a blast with this one, and PA Works really went all out with creativity and insanity. This will most surely be a cult classic, and be remembered for years to come. 8/10
Dec 30, 2022 11:11 PM
Aug 2018
As someone who hates depressing endings, FUCK this anime man, I get triggered by this shit easily. It's legit bad for my mental wellbeing man. But I guess I should have waited til it was over to read if the ending was bad or not

Seriosuly fuck this anime for investing in these characters and then ripping my heart out at the end

It's actually the worst anime I've ever watched because it legit made me upset. Never going to watch another anime before finding out if the anime isn't needlessly fucking depressing

Was working on a fanart but now I have to trash it because I've no desire to finish it now

Sorry just needed to vent.

Went from 8.5 to 1/10
Dec 31, 2022 2:17 AM

Oct 2022
After killing Nagi, All or most the Creatureland maids turned themselves in and surrender to police. Most receive jail terms sentences and few get heavy life sentences. Nagomi ended this bloodshed maid war and begins the new era of peace for maids. Great happy ending

9/10

Dec 31, 2022 5:33 AM
Apr 2020
The ending was very abrupt and the time skip was too much. It's more likely that this will be a non-sequel anime.

Overall the story was rather peculiar with maids having two personalities, a cute side and bitch side. It was giving yakuza vibes with female Domination. Nagomi's dream to become a cute maid, and then facing a harsh reality of maids. Despite that getting along with maids at the cafe and character development were decent.

I guess everyone definitely loved ranko as a great character with her stiff way of talking and self-sacrificing attitude. The one thing that hit me hard was the death of this wonderful character.

Other characters were also good. The scenes with the manager were extremely funny. The Russian girl joining as a maid was really a surprise to me. The rivals maid were also great characters. Anyways this anime had a buttload of maids than all other anime together.

Throughout the anime I think the progress was decent The only disappointment being the ending with abrupt time skip.
Jan 1, 2023 2:33 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! i was so shocked seeing Nagomi alive!!! please explain the exposition symbolism what ever!!!
Nagi surely isn't thinking straight, she thinks she's a god!?
RIP to the ichiraku ramen vendor!
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 1, 2023 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
"WTF did I watch?!" type anime of the year.

What was the author smoking when writing this..? 

1 thing for sure, walking in Akihabara won't be same again :D

Glad Nagomi survived after getting shot multiple times. Bound to wheelchair. Sucks, though she's happy so there's no need to feel sad. 

Glad Nagomi's message reached the minds of other maids and the fighting stopped (most likely). 

Weird anime...
Jan 1, 2023 2:16 PM

Nov 2009
Considering how she survived and is in a wheelchair, I would assume she was shot all over her chest and abdomen area (which is most often the easiest to target as well as the place most tempting to shoot at in panic or anger)

Very happy Nagomi survived
Jan 1, 2023 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was very abrupt got a revenge arc and redemption all in one, very happy Nagomi survived and made the best of her situation!
Jan 1, 2023 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
This was something else....the ending was unexpected and abrupt but that's how the show started. 7/10 overall
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 1, 2023 11:05 PM

Sep 2021
Kinda abrupt ending. I thought the anime was going towards the no-killing (or just the minimal amount of killing) route after the middle episodes only to have characters dying left and right in the last few episodes. Well, at least Nagomi survived and managed to change the meaning of being a maid, though it would have been better if more time were spent on how that happened after Uzuko died...
Jan 2, 2023 12:15 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm sobbing profusely and I'm like not okay like I'm gasping for air in between sobs. Like how dare this anime make me feel this way? The friggen ending too just killed me. Like wtf is wrong with me. I just-- I don't even know why I'm getting so emotional about this. OTL

Let me breathe for a sec. Had to watch an episode of another anime to get my thoughts together. This anime just did really well to make me care about the characters. For a while, I wasn't sure if Ranko or Nagomi was the main character. It should be Nagomi, but we did spend a lot of time on Ranko for a while. I don't dislike this choice though, as it made Ranko's death come more as a surprise for me. I adore the idea that Nagomi kept her ideals even till the end though her ideals did seem threatened for a bit. I thought that was a good touch, but I respect that she had to kinda get reeled in and fight the way she felt she needed to fight as a maid... with maid service instead of bloodshed. And I couldn't help but cry along with the others as Nagomi was performing. Honestly, they must have been a bit scared but it was kinda beautiful to see them also feel strongly about keeping that ideal. This group was so beautiful-- I'm crying again. Like there's a lot to be said about the teamwork and the determination to not make money and death be what being a maid is about. And they felt they'd rather die on that hill. I love that. And even in a wheel chair and at 36 years old, Nagomi being considered people's favorite maid mainly because she kept those ideals is just beautiful too. Alright I'm crying even more. Like it's just an oddly beautiful story. And they mixed some comedy in there, but it's actually something that I feel was done well enough to be good. I'm glad I took a chance on this anime pretty much just because I like maids and the idea behind maid culture and exceptional customer service. I might be crying, but I'm not disappointed. Ranko and Nagomi are both legendary.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 4, 2023 10:57 PM
Oct 2009
Never thought I'd enjoy a show about maids this much!
Jan 5, 2023 12:18 AM

Jan 2021
I almost thought Nagomi had completely went down the path of violence, but her breakdown fits her a lot better I think.

I don't know why, but this was funny

Also, RIP Ramen guy, bro did not deserve that

Jan 6, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2022
ok i'm very confused was this episode supposed to be funny or sad? very weird stuff man
well overall a good anime 8/10
Jan 6, 2023 4:15 PM
Dec 2022
Best episode of the anime. The character development was amazing.
Jan 7, 2023 6:59 PM
Mar 2012
Angry space bunny hmm, surprise a rando killed both top characters.
Nagomi's development been astounding. Black pork phase was gritty cool, but returning to her ideals with the dance was great & even tanking bullets.
rip Lion leader was on a nice turnaround path, kept alive after being hostage, praised oinky drink, & clapped for her dance. Nagomi's true power is moving the crowd.
well that's one cry-eating ramen puking scene
Big timeskip to umamusume poster?
So nice the two old fans revisit oinky & Nagomi's alive.
It's hard to sustain the wacky energy premise mixed with heartwarming drama, but this show really reached home base. The cool goofy lines, references & clean animation nicely adds to the show.
Jan 9, 2023 2:34 AM

Aug 2021
The moe ended in a bittersweet ending, but according to what this anime always was: eccentric.

Akiba Maid War grabbed me with its spectacular first episode, but sadly it lost me little by little. Still, it's impossible to deny that I was entertained.

MOE MOE KYUN FOREVER
Jan 9, 2023 10:17 PM

Jul 2014
What an amazing final episode. I was totally engrossed.
Jan 10, 2023 1:58 PM

May 2016
Just binged the show in one sitting. 

The only thing that punches harder than the anime itself, is seeing an originally written, unique, strong black comedy get ignored for all the adaptaions of she same shit we've seen a million times. We were eating good last season. This was the cherry on top, and probably the only show I'll actually remember.
Jan 11, 2023 5:05 PM
Sep 2016
kinda retarded but cool
Jan 12, 2023 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
The abruptness of the ending reminded me of some Japanese movies, like The Sword of Doom lol. I made a comment around episode 3 wondering if the show would ever depict Nagomi going down a road of violence before seeing the light, and didn't think it would actually happen lol. I love that for the most part people stayed dead too. Great show. I'll probably get it on bluray. Do we know if there'll be a second season?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 15, 2023 7:03 AM
Aug 2014
it was a really Japanese gang story lol
Jan 18, 2023 2:47 AM
Dec 2020
Its so good, like i couldnt believe it. changed my life
Jan 18, 2023 10:28 AM

Nov 2017
Ton toko ton/10!!
Jan 23, 2023 4:51 PM
Aug 2022
The series was fine up until the end scene, it was easily what killed all of the built up emotion and straight up ruined the whole thing. So glad i never have to watch this again.
Jan 27, 2023 7:04 PM

Dec 2014
I was thinking that Nagomi will be like Majima and attack everyone but she show how a maid had to be. I like that she don't want to fight and i'm relieved that sh'e survived but the ending was really fast. Surprising that the violence stop after the death of Nagi and Nagomi is really lucky to survive but well this anime is full of surprises.
The anime is one of the WTF anime i have seen and i love it, that is the kind of anime i will not forget.
Jan 28, 2023 2:03 PM

Mar 2018
Dark horse of 2022

I'll remember this anime for a long time. 9/10
ZoshlogJan 28, 2023 5:27 PM
Feb 2, 2023 12:48 PM

Feb 2017
i will take a while to psychologically recover 
also just think none of that shit would've happened if the manager didn't fuck up and throw out the festival guidelines
9/10
young_kappaFeb 2, 2023 12:52 PM
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Feb 7, 2023 2:25 AM
Oct 2012
Beginning is unremarkable, the ending is strong and proper.
Feb 9, 2023 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
Now that was some ending.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 11, 2023 2:58 PM
Apr 2021
Amo este anime excelente a su modo
Feb 13, 2023 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
This was a roller coaster of a show.
Even though it was all over the place it still somehow managed to make some sort of sense.
I would say that as far as shows that are about maids this definitely takes it in another direction.
Whilst I liked how over the top it was, I still don't think it saved the plot of the show.
I found some of the episodes a little boring with pace, which couldn't be saved with how unpredictable it would be.
Even then, I still really liked watching for characters like Ranko.
Had an ending that was just as chaotic as the series.
What a way to go...
Feb 15, 2023 7:31 PM
Jan 2018
I thought I was watching Akiba Meido Sensou off of pure recommendation, and a moment in this episode completely reminded me why I started watching this series. They did a great job, I'm so glad maid war is.
Feb 16, 2023 4:22 AM
May 2022
different anime, i like it
Feb 21, 2023 3:53 PM
Mar 2021
depressing. i love it.
Feb 22, 2023 5:44 PM
Aug 2010
What a wild show. It really is just like normal Japanese Yakuza drama shows. A bit more amped up admittedly, and of course animated. Quite the fun ride. Ranko was definitely the best though. Okachimachi getting the kill on Uzuko/Nagi...nice. 
Feb 28, 2023 9:52 PM
Oct 2016
Incrível, todos os episódios me surpreenderam, e o final foi TOP, todos os personagens são muito bem desenvolvidos, amei toda obra, terminei batendo palma. Agradeço o Mother's Basement pela recomendação, valeu muito assistir!!! Suoper recomendo!!!
Mar 6, 2023 8:09 AM
Jan 2021
I don't know why people hating it but this show was one of the best P.A produced .....the whole anime was unexpected and after watching so many anime this anime gave me different vibes that feels so much good .....
8/10 show fully
Mar 13, 2023 6:26 AM

Feb 2021
The photo of Ranko really hilarious XD

Never expected the ending will be like that...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 13, 2023 6:04 PM
Jan 2018
I'm glad I watched something different, everything popular is just so by the books but to see a Yakuza, mob, spaghetti western inspired anime with Maids as the feature was interesting.black comedy was on point and it was just refreshing. Those pictures of ranko were pretty hilarious. But I guess people want more shonen, light novel, and Isekai adaptions. I need more anime like this that plays with different mediums.
Mar 14, 2023 8:57 PM

Jan 2021
So absurd but I really enjoyed it.

Mar 16, 2023 2:36 PM
Mar 2023
I love this chapter, and the ending surprised me
Mar 25, 2023 3:59 PM

Oct 2020
It was a great show that got better and better until episode 11. Killing off Ranko was a major mistake and I didn’t like what happened to Nagomi either. I think that took it from a 9/10 show to a 6/10. Oh well. 🙁
Mar 29, 2023 8:21 PM
Apr 2022
Best anime ever made
Apr 3, 2023 4:39 AM

Oct 2021
This was shaping up to be one of my favourite anime ever, but the ending kind of missed the mark for me and felt too rushed. I think it should've been 13 episodes.

And, where the heck did the manager go at the end? I thought she was hiding out during the performance to get a sneak attack on Nagi, but she never shows up again.

SaltyCookieApr 3, 2023 3:43 PM
Apr 3, 2023 5:40 PM
Jul 2022
That ending........
Apr 5, 2023 9:26 AM
Jul 2022
Wheelchair arc. NGU!
Apr 9, 2023 7:25 AM
Apr 2022
gah damn nagomi is badass
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

132 by red1130 »»
Aug 25, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

165 by red1130 »»
Jul 29, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

174 by red1130 »»
Jul 29, 4:15 PM

» Would you recommend sub or dub for this show?

Moonshine_cookie - Jul 12

11 by SabkaMama »»
Jul 18, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2022

176 by Muow »»
Jun 13, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.