Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 20, 2022 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
This was probably the most generic way to conclude the show with its final battle. Hell, there's even a little bit of buildup in this finale. At least our main ninja girls survived this mess even if it was exhausting.

I guess the positive in this is that Ittoki did become strong enough to be a ninja after all. However, I felt the finale was underwhelming overall.
Dec 20, 2022 3:28 AM

Jul 2017
Koga's 2nd planned Iga attack with all pretenses taken away...and rather, Iga has the upper hand with Tokisada, Kousetsu and Ittoki all going straight for the kill, along with Kyoko and Kirei, and the traitorous Ban as support to make amends.

Especially for Ittoki, donning the Iga's secret Ninja Core has its benefits, though at the cost of wearing his stamina. And facing Kidou together with Kousetsu, the amount of Talk no Jutsu is quite fitting to get back at the Koga chief for all of the innocent lives lost for the plan at world domination, including his mother, all as testimony of evidence.

And talk about an intense confrontation to get all dirty and bloody, Kidou is just too strong being a human cyborg against a mere human like Ittoki. To the end, it only took Tokisada to take Kidou's life and escape on his own as a wanted fuigitve by taking the blame.

For real, there's even a timeskip, and everyone living their renewed lives...so what's the point of the whole show again?

Easily one of (if not) the worst show of the stacked season bar none, the ONLY good achievement acclaimed because at the very least, Farming Isekai was better than this by a mere point.

Everything was there just to incite coincidence and nothing more. What wasted talent.
KANLen09Dec 20, 2022 7:59 AM
Dec 20, 2022 5:07 AM

Apr 2022
ah damn its over :(( not just the worst this season but one of the worst i've ever seen. kind of an achievement considering how stacked this season was tbf.

if anything, i'll kinda miss seeing kousetsu.
Dec 20, 2022 5:13 AM

Apr 2014
In the end, Ittoki still needs to be protected by someone. oh gosh... It's the 12th episode but he still be the same ol' Ittoki. After I saw that gun, I knew in an instant that Kidou will pick it up and shoot at Ittoki. And I also thought that Kousetsu will protect him and die. Because Ittoki was not doing anything about Kidou and that gun! He just left it there and left Kidou lying down without any restraint like nothing happened there. But, well... oh well..., it was Tokisada who can kill Kidou in time and sacrificed himself as a fugitive for protecting Ittoki.

Honestly, this series has potential but Ittoki is too weak, too soft-hearted, and too optimistic in this cruel world. They also wasted their time on the first few episodes which were about the ninja high school playing.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 20, 2022 5:14 AM

Feb 2017
"Underwhelming" isn't even the word I would use to describe this series; it just felt like it was constantly fumbling all its attempts to be either profound, deep, thrilling, or fascinating.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Dec 20, 2022 5:59 AM
Jan 2020
What is the next anime original next season that's not gonna be not so original?
Dec 20, 2022 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
so kousetsu now become a wife of ittoki right ??

im so glad can see kousetsu without mask
Dec 20, 2022 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
So much wasted potential. So much Chekov's guns that turned out to be a dud. So many questions still unanswered. Shame, because visuals were already very good.
The only way for redemption is a sequel, but it's hard to imagine and it ended on "The End" note.

Dec 20, 2022 6:41 AM

Oct 2017
Kaga Tokisada remains a legend till the end. Quite a peaceful ending, good thing we got a timeskip and got to see how everyone's doing. Grown up Kousetsu is beautiful. No confirmation on Kousetsu x Ittoki except for the fact that she called Yumika mom which might be a hint at that but oh well.
Dec 20, 2022 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
Anime was slow and boring in its first half then it seemed to be getting more interesting, but the ending was underwhelming.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 20, 2022 7:15 AM

Mar 2020
The finale was an absolute joke, everything was just tied up with no care at all. Kidou's motives are so lazily written it's a head scratcher.

You're right Ittoki, ninjas don't actually exist, only ninja tech does.
Dec 20, 2022 7:16 AM
Jan 2017
Terrible series
-Ittoki is a shit mc, naive and weak.
-Kousetsu being trash(but everyone here simps over her, people have terrible taste)
-Story was terrible executed and why even have the school episodes, what was the point exept getting that annoying redhead guy
-Ittoki's mother made terrible decisions and as a whole is a bad mom who though more about kousetsu than ittoki
+ some nice animation here and there
+Ryoko and Kirei is the only good girls in the series, and got sorta? some development
+Tokisada is the best character in the series and is kinda like a ninja, and has balls to kill of the main villian.
Overall it's an 3/10 (i don't know why i watched this but since i still read the trash series rent a girlfriend and tormenting myself with that i can still handle shit like this)
Dec 20, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2021
This is now one of my worst anime of 2022.
Dec 20, 2022 7:38 AM
Oct 2012
this anime was bland to the very end...
Dec 20, 2022 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
I did expect a more spectacular ending, it was kinda meh tbh :(

That's a 6.5 to me, as I am not the complicated to satisfy regarding fictions ahah
Dec 20, 2022 8:09 AM
Nov 2020
Anime could have been a lot better if they cut out the ninja school part especially when the meat of the plot is the political tension. People seem to have low tolerance for an MC struggling to adapt to a radically new situation so having it skip to where he's good would do wonders. He did play us because of that ruse to catch the traitor and because he was planning to record Kidou's statements.

Uncle is best character and come on, we need that Uncle x Shione ship sailing. It was funny when she expressed frustration about being unable to catch him again. If uncle went like "but you captured my heart," that would be the smoothest confession of the year. I want a romcom spin off of them being cat and mouse.

All the animation budget went to the fist fight and I'm not even mad.
Dec 20, 2022 8:18 AM
Sep 2015
For the longest time no one want to produce another ninja anime due to the big fish in the pond (aka Naruto) and afraid of being compared with, so this anime is a brave attempt. Though it has questionable business strategy, 12 episodes of original anime, no manga, no videogame, no character song or whatsoever, do they really think this IP will survive in this economy?
Dec 20, 2022 8:51 AM
Oct 2021
All I'll say is that this is mid and I hate time skip endings.
Dec 20, 2022 8:53 AM
May 2017
Whole lotta mid, an original anime production. I usually would've dropped an anime like this this a lot sooner, but some reason I thought it was going to improve. A lapse of judgement on my end. Definitely my worst anime of the season.

My rating 5.5/10
MAL rating 6/10
Dec 20, 2022 9:01 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
hm atleast it was a happy ending for everyone.
So yeah. Hm. It was okay i guess. Haha.
The fight was good for the low money they had, so i will count this.
5/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 20, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2019
This was an interesting anime to watch for me as it started slow and was all over the place but around the halfway mark it started getting interesting, especially with the swerves including Kirei being a spy for Koga, finding out that both Satomi and Kousetsu had chips implanted in their brains, glasses wearing lady being a backstabber and killing Yumika, etc.

Also, finding out that Koga screwed every village and not just Iga was a little surprising since that helped bring Kidou's downfall. I do agree that Ittoki was too soft and his uncle ended up potentially saving his and Kousetsu's lives and now lives as a fugutive (who knows maybe he retired to a place like Hawaii and is living a more comforable life). Anyways, I give this a 7/10 as I still mostly enjoyed it and I think it was wrapped up decently showing what the surviving characters were doing.
Dec 20, 2022 9:06 AM

Mar 2015
Ugh, that epilogue was so lame. Whole show was lame..
Dec 20, 2022 9:10 AM
Jun 2020
huh. that's it ig!?
Ittoki's plan come to fruition, well almost, almost cuz' in the end Tokisada have to kill the Kouga head just because Ittoki is "too kind".
An anticlimactic end to an OK series, there's nothing to describe it other than its "OK".
gotta admit tho, that final battle was, tho short its good

there's a thin line between good and bad anime and this one is definitely crossing that.
6/10
Hiruuu_Dec 20, 2022 9:15 AM
Dec 20, 2022 9:13 AM

Nov 2017
Disappointing ending! 1) No kiss? Wtf, 2) Kousetsu didn't even laugh, 3) Uncle is lost without trace, he probably got lost in the village hidden in the leaves, 4) Ittoki now is a random office worker instead of using his skills productively. 😕

Overall, pretty lackluster show. Very few interesting ideas or characters.
Dec 20, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 2018
good stuff, had a blast with the plot
Dec 20, 2022 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
VenomEmperor said:
Anime could have been a lot better if they cut out the ninja school part especially when the meat of the plot is the political tension. People seem to have low tolerance for an MC struggling to adapt to a radically new situation so having it skip to where he's good would do wonders. He did play us because of that ruse to catch the traitor and because he was planning to record Kidou's statements.

Uncle is best character and come on, we need that Uncle x Shione ship sailing. It was funny when she expressed frustration about being unable to catch him again. If uncle went like "but you captured my heart," that would be the smoothest confession of the year. I want a romcom spin off of them being cat and mouse.

All the animation budget went to the fist fight and I'm not even mad.

I second every single thing you wrote here. The political tension aspect was quite interesting and led to the best moments of the series. The school was just some excuse they needed to not make the main character a "capable" ninja out of the blue.

I honestly didn't hate the series. It felt like it could be better if they had taken better decisions on the script.
Dec 20, 2022 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Koga's able to wipe out every ninja village but Iga with ease...but the non-affiliated NSC can somehow oppose them with no trouble.

NSC looks the other way as Koga murders every other Ninja, but Tokisada is branded a murderer for killing the Koga chief who is about to shoot Ittoki in the back.

Yeah, this show never made sense from the beginning, starting with keeping Ittoki in the dark for 15+ years, then forcing him to face the truth with almost no preparation, to trying to turn it into a battle school romcom for 2 episodes.
Dec 20, 2022 10:02 AM
Aug 2021
Only reason why I watched the showed was because of kousetsu. Didn’t really like how tokisada got his ending. 6/10.
Dec 20, 2022 10:03 AM
May 2021
final fight was good but overall the series was meh. Liked the starting episodes but went downhill after that. The ending was ok but could have been better!
Dec 20, 2022 10:23 AM

Sep 2019
Thank god it's over.
The only reason why i didn't drop the show is because i don't like dropping short shows.
Except the final fight (and even that was kinda generic) this show has absolutely nothing going for it.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Dec 20, 2022 11:10 AM
Dec 2021
I found this Anime OK. Phase diagrams.
Dec 20, 2022 11:12 AM

Jul 2021
there's something called overwhelming then there's underwhelming. this finale comes several levels below underwhelming. just tf was this? garbage generic cliche finale. no stakes. no tension. no emotions. just underwhelmness intensified at every moment.

and after all this they don't even bother to expand upon kousetsu's life and where she's going with that suitcase or what is ittoki's job or what happened to the secret ninja core or what happened to the iga village etc.

koga's chief turned out to be an extremely weak villain character. man was just edgy and indulging in self-pity which made him want to deprive others of what he never got.

and what a shitty treatment to give tokisada the goat character after all he did. he might as well be the mc of this show, he surely has done more than ittoki and was more revlevant and important than ittoki.

i still think that it was a shitty choice to give the secret core to ittoki. it would have been far more utlised if tokisada would have used it. man could have solo'd everyone and come back without a scratch.

that reminds me that i don't think ittoki has developed at all througout this anime. he's still the same person but with abilities of a ninja. that's the only thing that has changed. blandest and worst anime mc i've ever seen. even platinum end mc was tons better than ittoki man.

kirei becoming actress and her reason for becoming one is kinda hilarious but well nice i guess?

overall 6/10 for this after being generous and because i don't like to rate anything i even mildly enjoyed at some point below 6.
TsutanaiFuunDec 20, 2022 11:17 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 20, 2022 11:13 AM
Jul 2022
for a 12 episode Naruto it was a good run with cute moments
Dec 20, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2022
i would really like to know with whom ittoki ended up or married.
Dec 20, 2022 11:34 AM
Mar 2021
The show isn’t out right bad, but its just average at best.
Dec 20, 2022 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
unfortunately kousetsu wasnt enough to make this better, i will give it a 6 cause the plot got kinda better after the mother death.

this had potential tho, kinda wasted
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Dec 20, 2022 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
glad this mediocre mess is finally over. Stopped enjoying this at like episode 5 but I have too many dropped anime and decided to just bear with it. Kousetsu should have had WAY more screen time and focus, maybe it would have been a 6/10

Dec 20, 2022 1:14 PM
Oct 2008
Perfectly average, as all thing should be.
Dec 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Sep 2018
lmao, I must have missed the part where Itokki became such a badass, what a hilarious final episode. So glad this trash is over, 3/10. Worst anime of the season.
Dec 20, 2022 2:17 PM

Oct 2012
I was looking for rom ance in this anime but iw as disappointed oh well Theres no on going manga to read either just engage kiss this was disappointing
Dec 20, 2022 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
Expected ending, I just wanted Kousetsu to saty with Ittoki but it is what it is

My Candies:

Dec 20, 2022 2:38 PM

Feb 2018
I really wasn't expecting this to be the end honestly, thought there might be a season two.
I'd say as far as conclusions go they managed to wrap it up really quickly.
This might have been a better series if it wasn't restricted to the 12 episode structure.
Dec 20, 2022 4:06 PM

Feb 2019
Yea sorry, Troyca one good fight scene at the end couldn’t save this train wreck. Dude literally has the guy who had his mom killed and so many others at knifepoint and gives him some power of friendship shonen mc bullshit???? Event after everything he’s been through ittoki is still an idiot.

Best part of this show was kosetsu and I’m glad she got a happy ending. The short hair looks awesome on her and it seems like she’s been away from the village doing some travelling for a while. Kirei looked cute as an actress too.

Definitely a forgettable show.
Dec 20, 2022 4:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow so bland. Tokisada nailed it, but that's the only thing that matter. Kirei become an actress and lies to make people happy, she said. Lmfao such a truth. Redhead boy substitute my death man Tsuda, feelsbadman, and the redhead girl ofc substitute her father. While Kousetsu? Bruh why don't make her to be Ittoki wife for making thing more interesting?

Alas, they did this.

Wow its such a bland.

3/10, just because im a kind person.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 20, 2022 4:28 PM
Mar 2021
it was a so-so ending but had some closure to it
Dec 20, 2022 4:34 PM
Jun 2021
I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be but definitely had scope of improvements, what I think about it?

★ Plot was "just fine" especially after the episode number 7, but before that it felt like they didn't know what to do in the first six episodes XD! They just randomly gave us a ninja school arc & the main goal of that whole arc was just to introduce the characters which wasn't executed in the way it should have been especially considering the way it turned out to be at the end, they never gave us any clue of how Ittoki actually improved while training or how he tried to improve himself under these measures but rather choose to make the initial phase as filler which could have been used properly for a better build up (a main reason why it felt rushed at the end), and I don't know how is it possible that unhealthy Koga leader could have been the father of so many kids including Kousetsu, that really felt lame

★ The story also gave screentime to how Ittoki's thought process kept developing, now most of the people were annoyed by his "outdated" or I must say overused soft thinking but it was actually sensible considering he didn't even know he actually belonged to a ninja clan although that's kinda bland considering he was living with his mother all the time & still didn't have a single percent idea of this, then it took him almost five - six episodes to even get a grasp of his situation which was kinda lame considering we had an episode where he ranted about all the thoughts coming in his mind before joining that ninja school, although he surely got some brain cells by the end of the story where he put his clan above before his own very life & I will definitely give him some points for his last counter attack & planning but nonetheless that doesn't change the fact that he was quite ordinary throughout the series and had to rely on both the aces of his clan everytime

★ As I already predicted in the first ep, Tokisada was always the MVP of this series, he deserved some extra screentime imo & as for Kousetsu, despite being gorgeous, her character was kind of confusing till the end ,plus it seemed like she married Ittoki which indicated that she is still going to protect Ittoki just like she promised to his mother, it makes sense as well, so atleast these two characters never made me feel yawn

★ Artstyle, animation and even the soundtracks were pretty mediocre, although the ending was still above average

★ At the end, I won't be that harsh in my ratings, I will forget the first half and I will rate it according to the second half along with that generic but satisfying ending, it deserves 4.9/10 from my side & rounding off it

5/10, Being generous for their efforts of creating an original story of how ninja could exist in the modern world + Tokisada

Although definitely one of the worst of this season, it was still better than many shows aired in Summer
shash_sama18Dec 20, 2022 4:42 PM
Dec 20, 2022 5:21 PM
Jul 2015
6/10 for me, kousetsu is still a bitch to me
Dec 20, 2022 5:21 PM
Feb 2022
Kousetous hair :O
I think we wont get a 2nd season, I hate it, when u like some chars and u will never see them again, but it make sense.
Dec 20, 2022 5:26 PM
Aug 2022
The potential was super squandered throughout the series. What a letdown and a waste
Dec 20, 2022 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
Went from kids in ninja school to straight up murder and backstabbing. Honestly this anime was so over the place that it actually turned into an entertaining anime. Not that it makes it good however.

It was average at the end of the day. The budget definitely went into that last fight between Ittoki and Kidou which was really good.

Short hair Kousetsu is a W.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:10 PM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

50 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2022

82 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:34 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2022

48 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:01 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

54 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.