Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jul 4, 2021 11:16 AM

May 2017
Man.. I got no words. What just happened. What a beautiful and heart-wrenching episode. Can't believe Gugu is gone, but at the same time not fully gone? I really hope that he is able to converse with Fushi and March. Also was he able to jump into Fushi's body for a second? man the idea that the people that fushi loved and cherished whom's forms he has taken are able to communicate in his little spirit realm is just beautiful. The idea of him not being alone on his journey, always having his loved ones beside him spiritually is beautiful. I mean I don't know if that is how it is going to work from now on but I'd love that concept.

10/10 art and animation this episode. We're more than halfway through the show and they still deliver the quality as if it was the first episode. I love that.

shayed__Jul 4, 2021 11:54 AM
Jul 4, 2021 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is pure agony and depression!
Farewell Gugu!
5/5.

Jul 5, 2021 1:44 AM
Jan 2021
This ep was damn good!
Jul 5, 2021 7:07 PM

Feb 2021
Fushi sets off to find the Nokker that took March and the giant bear. Good episode and Fushi grows everyday
Jul 5, 2021 11:57 PM

Mar 2019
You know, Gugu's death didn't make me cry as much as March's, but the pain I felt seeing his final moments with Rynn should be illegal. A deep pain in my chest with no tears. I finally teared up when I saw Gugu's brother witness his little brother's dead body.

It's honestly insane how well this show is written. I know these characters will die, it's the misfortune of being immortal. Mushi will never escape from mortal deaths, bearing witness to each one, developing himself as time passes. It's just crazy how I know this, yet I still get so attached to the characters only to feel the same pain Mushi felt. God I love this show.
Jul 6, 2021 5:01 AM

Feb 2020
rean placed the ring on her left hand ring finger T^T

i cried so much this ep..
Jul 6, 2021 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
I knew this gonna happen but I still cried.

Jul 6, 2021 6:01 PM
Oct 2016
The moment he transformed into Gugu I let out a tearful "oh no...", this show has destroyed me multiple times, I think Gugu was my favourite character so far, I was so invested in him and his story this one really got to me.

I'm amazed at how the series has managed to introduce multiple sets of characters for each arc and make them feel like they could carry it for way longer than they actually end up doing, giving them solid endings each time. While it feels like some might make a return I'm very impressed with how bold and forward it is, can't wait to meet the next group of characters and see how it'll end up breaking my heart again.
Jul 6, 2021 9:35 PM

Apr 2018
Damn I fucking cried when Gugu died..... FUSHI and GUGU were real bros together and I was so damn sad when he died. The end got me the most depressed when Rean actually knew that Gugu died and just played along with Fushi..... I actually got depressed from that.
Jul 7, 2021 2:20 PM

Dec 2016
It happened again. My eyes hurt from crying in almost all the episodes of this anime. Especially Gugu, he had the longest character development than the other characters which made his death more impactful. Never gonna forget all those moments where Gugu motivated himself whenever he wanted to give up, his strength of enduring everything, it was truly beautiful.

It's really sad to see Rean. She at least got the idea that Gugu is no more.

It was really hard for Fushi too. Fushi and Gugu's bond grew so much as time passed, it was an irreplaceable bond. It was heartbreaking to see Fushi scream “Gugu isn't dead” multiple times. I wonder what impact will this death have on Fushi and how will it help him evolve.
Jul 8, 2021 12:29 AM

Apr 2015
PastUchiha98 said:
NUOOOOOO OBIT- GUGU Y-Y Damn even with fire ball jutsu he could nothing... Also the opening spoiled it but as a drama this was foreseeable that it would happen.

Yo I knew Gugu felt really familiar. The mask, the fire jutsu, even his personality is similar. Even ended with a tragic love.

I was sleeping on this show. Tokyo Revengers was my favorite this season but now that I'm binging this, it's definitely one of the best anime airing.
Jul 8, 2021 10:43 AM
Aug 2015
This episode hurt too much..
I'm glad she realised the truth, but the heartbreak.. :(
Jul 8, 2021 2:04 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit wtf, AHHH MY GAWD.. jesus fucking christ,,,, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ah my gawd why why WHRYYYY

best couple and just like that... just like that,,, this fucking anime has left me in DISPAIR!!!

Gugu RIP and RIP best couple of the decade... ;______; fuck this anime lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 8, 2021 11:21 PM

Mar 2016
i am sobbing uncontrollably wow
Jul 10, 2021 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
:) This hit hard, seriously damn it.
Jul 10, 2021 6:19 PM
Jan 2021
Even though I knew it, it made me cry like a little girl. WOW. Its fascinating how they bring us the character closer to just let him die. And it really works very well. Not gonna lie its the saddest anime Ive ever seen.
Jul 11, 2021 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
Fucking Meer, the fat dog just vibing and eating his chicken drumstick while his owner's mansion is collapsing and lots of people almost died.

Gugu's new helmet though, he's even more badass than ever before. However, it was inevitable he was going to die. They kept showing that drawing of all the people, animals, etc. that died and became a part of Fushi. I was anticipating it. I don't know why but I still feel like Gugu had a better life than March. March was young and wanted to grow up but never did. At least Gugu had his brother come back apologetic, had a new family that loved him, Rean found out his secret and loved him back and he had a great four years with Fushi and everyone before he died.

That moment when Rean kissed him as he protected her before he died was everything and one of the best scenes. Also, that scene where Fushi transformed into Gugu and was walking away with gramps, Pioran and Rean seeing him off was very touching too.
臭い-
Jul 11, 2021 6:30 PM
Apr 2018
This episode is so heart-wrenching for me. It breaks my heart to see Gugu die, having seen him and Fushi getting so close together.
Jul 12, 2021 3:10 AM
Mar 2021
shit, no more death please..
Jul 12, 2021 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
God damn it, this Anime keep making ke cry...
This is what you called good writing.

When Fushi suddenly Transform into Gugu, i was like NOOOOO fcking wayy...

This is so emotional, it hits harder than March...
RIP Gugu, you will be forever within Fushi.
davidyodo24Jul 12, 2021 9:26 AM
Jul 12, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2016
DAMN BRUH THIS EPISODE MADE ME CRY

I THOUGHT REAN WOULD JUST REMAIN BLISSFULLY IGNORANT OF GUGU'S DEATH

but ig she could probably tell Fushi disguised themself as Gugu so she wouldn't be sad
Jul 12, 2021 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Since the Nokker tentacle touched Gugu as he was hanging on to another at the cliff, I thought it would infest him and force him to fight Fushi or something.

Fushi's first hint that Gugu's dead. Fushi tries so hard to deny it. Being able to transform into him. So are the ghosts
that originally own his forms lingering within Fushi? A spirit-like March (without yellow eyes) is seen at house.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 14, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2016
That was too much for me.
I thought this anime could finally become just another team adventure of 2+ heroes who fight the evil monsters trying to erase everything. I even imagined how they defeat monster after monster until the end of anime and their team growing.
But no, I got my lone wolf (literally) anime back. Ooima commits crimes against humanity.
Jul 15, 2021 10:03 AM
Jun 2020
DoctorWasabi said:
The show finally got me to cry, and boy did it hit fucking hard

this easily raised my score from a 8 to a 9, at this rate it's possible it could be a 10/10

What an amazing first half of To Your Eternity

Almost got me. Not yet though.
Jul 15, 2021 10:03 AM
Jun 2020
DoctorWasabi said:
The show finally got me to cry, and boy did it hit fucking hard

this easily raised my score from a 8 to a 9, at this rate it's possible it could be a 10/10

What an amazing first half of To Your Eternity

Almost got me. Not yet though.
Jul 16, 2021 9:42 PM

Jan 2020
I'm not crying, I'm not crying, I didn't cry.

I don't even know what to be sad about, Gugu dying? Fushi getting torn over his death? Fushi starting to hate himself? Rean losing two close friends?

Knowing it would happen didn't make it any less painful or sad. Fuck this. 5 stars.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 20, 2021 12:06 AM
Nov 2010
Sigh. That was so precious...I was kinda expecting the worst, that they'd both be crushed that second. I wish Gugu could've been with her longer. What's Fushi going to do now that he's been caught. And why didn't he want to be seen by Rean as Fushi? I"m so confused about that last part- why cause so much additional angst. Poor girl. And wtf was that ending...does she think he ran off with Fushi??? lolol omg
Jul 22, 2021 11:15 AM
May 2020
good episode however the pacing ruined the impact in my opinion. it didn't feel like there was a catalyst made in order to exert all those sad emotions if you get me. but damn Gugu wasn't meant to die fam
Jul 24, 2021 4:10 AM
Apr 2017
I mean, I kinda expected that.. But man, I'm crying my heart out. Please someone tell me it won't be always like this, idk if I can continue

And March, baby... It's too much for me </3
Aug 2, 2021 3:44 PM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
I swear, every episode is emotional rollercoaster. I haven't felt this since Clannad: after story. What a mastepriece.
Aug 5, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2021
I don't think I've ever vried this hard from an anime...
Aug 10, 2021 4:36 PM

Jul 2015
I can't. I cried so much watching this anime. and even tho I felt that this is coming, I wasn't ready and still can't get over it....
I am sleepy
Aug 10, 2021 4:36 PM

Jul 2015
I can't. I cried so much watching this anime. and even tho I felt that this is coming, I wasn't ready and still can't get over it....
I am sleepy
Aug 14, 2021 2:33 AM
Nov 2020
I admit that just for a moment, I hoped that Gugu would survive, even though I knew it wouldn't happen. I waited before watching the episode for this reason. I thought something like: "until I watch the episode, Gugu will survive."
Well, now I'm heartbroken.
Aug 17, 2021 12:56 PM
Jul 2021
Esmera said:
Really? The author just had to kill off another character just to give Fushi character development, this time someone I actually liked and cared for. His death just made me feel more frustrated than sad. This repetitive structure of having Fushi meet someone and then killing him/her off to have Fushi assume him/her form is already getting tiresome, I would've been more pleasantly surprised if Gugu *didn't* die. If this happens one more time, I'm gonna throw hands.

Yeah I totally agree, and the show has gone downhill since this episode big time for me. But seriously the thing that bothered me THE most out of all of this is that he had Rean survive! If you are going to kill Gugu and make everyone feel like shit AND never talk about Rean again then the LEAST you can do is let them die together so they can be together in the afterlife! There's no reason other than wanting to hurt people emotionally to have her stay alive if she's going to be gone anyway. Then we could have at LEAST had some comfort after that awful scene. It would have been so nice to show them walking off together holding hands as spirits! And I won't say anything but there's even more reason(in my opinion) why she should have died with him.
Aug 17, 2021 1:11 PM
Jul 2021
Zean_9435 said:
So they are going to introduce a new character every arc just to kill them after 3 to 4 episodes.

This show need to stop killing so many characters I got soo angry and sad when they killed Gugu I thought of dropping this show .

Seriously if you kill EVERYONE then people are going to care less and less every time. And that's exactly what happened with me for the prison Arc, I didn't care about the loss of any of them. If he kept SOME of them Alive with him and let some die of natural causes then maybe the ones who died too soon in horrible ways might be sad but more tolerable but unfortunately everyone has a death flag.
Aug 18, 2021 2:13 AM

Dec 2013
Fushi being in denial about Gugu's hit me hard.

Too bad Rin quickly saw through Fushi's act. RIP Gugu.
Aug 18, 2021 2:34 AM

Mar 2017
Arrexus said:
PastUchiha98 said:
NUOOOOOO OBIT- GUGU Y-Y Damn even with fire ball jutsu he could nothing... Also the opening spoiled it but as a drama this was foreseeable that it would happen.

Yo I knew Gugu felt really familiar. The mask, the fire jutsu, even his personality is similar. Even ended with a tragic love.

I was sleeping on this show. Tokyo Revengers was my favorite this season but now that I'm binging this, it's definitely one of the best anime airing.
Fr pal that feeling was just like Obito one as a broken hero with all ref but the show is not empatize all previus characters and this is a waste of potential... i still think that this 2021 will bring others flex btw and we are just in the first half B))
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Aug 18, 2021 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
And it happened again... This episode was amazingly difficult to watch, especially with the romance part where they finally speak one to each other, and the relation Imm/Gougou as brothers. I can imagine the pain in Imm heart's right know, he grew so much as the human being with his latest family, and lived well, it's hard to accept that this life is beyond him right now.

I hope he will be able to overcame his pain soon with is next family and don't start to be obessed to hunt this ennemy.
The ost is this episode was stunning too and add a lot of emotions to theses moments.
Kenshin-swordAug 19, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 22, 2021 10:48 PM

Sep 2017
I was thinking througout the episode that Under Gugus mask was just a small cut all this time.

sad to see Gugu gone. he was a good soul.
Aug 28, 2021 10:34 PM

Nov 2013
Very intense episode. This is one of my all-time favorite anime now, despite being outside my genre preferences. It's just THAT good.
Fushi has turned out to be a compassionate, courageous person with a great deal of empathy. He's come so far in four years.
Gugu will live on inside of him.
Sep 5, 2021 5:36 AM

Dec 2014
pain the animation.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Sep 6, 2021 6:35 AM
Mar 2012
Man that's the densest dog ever usually they're sensitive to earthquakes. That's amzing the ground shaking fight, Gugu & Rean's last moment, & farewell of brothers. So much regret, Fushi made a big misstep, but Rean is perceptive enough to realize the truth. Character growth of all these characters been strong.
Sep 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
Jesus fucking christ.......this was masterfully executed. I was pissing tears by the end, it's been a while since something moved me so much.

I wished so bad that Gugu would get his happy ending, he deserved it more than anyone. I've never wished for a happy ending more in my life. But it happened.. Gugu and Rean's final conversation and kiss were extremely heartbreaking to watch but it was also an excellent send-off for their relationship.

And it's so cruel for Fushi to be faced with the fact that the people he bonds with are dying because of the enemy who's after him.

ight I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now
DanaeSep 6, 2021 5:26 PM
Sep 7, 2021 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
Everyone knew, everyone does not doubt it, every one of us as the audience knows the time has come for this part of the story to turn to its last pages... Oh, how reality hurts...

The Nokkers has come to knock on the party as it too knocks down the mansion of the Cropp family. Fushi and Gugu without any hesitation or fear swiftly evacuated every one else, including Rean's parents followed by them heroically fighting against the tough new variant for the nokkers. Their teamwork is outstanding as they coordinate with one another excellently like the brothers they are. As Gugu put it; "I've always got your back when you need help. That's what it means to be brothers." A noble responsibility, but one that ultimately leads to his downfall. Despite knowing that Fushi is immortal, Gugu cannot help but falter upon seeing Fushi being crushed down to a messy puddle of blood, and with that Rean comes in clutch to the rescue. This is it, the final countdown to an inevitable end...

Perhaps, Rean will come whether it be to rescue Gugu or not, but the reality of the situation is that she came for him, but under the ensuing battle, the building crumbles into the ground, countless rubbles fall upon them both, but what use is a muscular physique other than for times like this, sheltering Rean from the overwhelming weight of the rubbles, Gugu made his last valiant stand to yet again save Rean's life. In these last precious moments, with a lucid perception and from the bottom of his heart, Gugu the man conveyed his love for Rean. This confession is worthy of an unadulterated, affectionate kiss, a perfect reward for a fallen hero.

There is no doubt in my mind, in ALL OUR MINDS, that Gugu has fallen where he laid his life for Rean. Nonetheless, I shouted and screamed as did Fushi, denying the horrors of reality, holding onto the nonexistent hope that he somehow made it out alive. How does a sane being not do so when someone so loveable has ceased to exist? It's painful, the pain is so excruciating, my heart grew erratic with eyelids halting the outburst of tears from exploding forth... The aftermath is the most depressing battle Fushi has fought, not only did the nokkers escaped taking a part of him, but it also took from him a precious brother, from Rean a loving lover, from the Old Man and Pioran a caring grandson, and from the world a wonderful human being.

Seeing Fushi transform into Gugu the great before Rean's eyes, I am immediately aware of how the rest of the ep will unfold.
Isn't it fantastic? Gugu has obtained a body he would be proud to have, a family who would accept him for who he is, a brother who would never abandon him, and finally, a charming girl that he has forever loved. Such a dazzling future is awaiting Gugu, an utterly perfect future, fit for a noble, great man such as himself. Why. WHY! WHY must such a life come to an end merely steps away from attaining everything he had always dreamt of having?!?!?

The ending to this ep is the zenith of emotion, Fushi has embarked upon his journey yet again, leaving behind the pages of this story... As do Rean herself. Laying atop the flower beds where Gugu once saved her life, she had always known that Gugu died by her arms, to form an everlasting reminder for the man whom Rean truly loved, she has resolved to not marry any man, for she is already in love with Gugu, a man who no longer lingers within this Earth alive. A fitting conviction to be made alongside the dream Bellflower as the flowers themselves symbolizes everlasting love but is also associated with death...

With that end, my eyelids can no longer hold back the immense pressure as my tears flow restlessly for many minutes afterwards, heartbroken and in immense denial, I can only do them justice by encapsulating this masterpiece of an episode by my very own words.

ShadowkillZSep 7, 2021 12:29 PM
Sep 10, 2021 11:59 AM
Oct 2020
I said I wasn't going to get attached to Gugu but the show lured into a false sense of ease. My heart can't take this anymore.
Sep 12, 2021 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
Wtf??
Why do that to Rean?
She would've accepted the truth about Fushi, should've just been honest and said his goodbyes. At least then Rean would have had a better closure..that just pissed me off. :'<
AozureSep 12, 2021 10:39 AM
Sep 16, 2021 5:14 PM
Nov 2015
What an episode
All the build up led to a tearjerker ending
#never_forget_gugu
Sep 22, 2021 2:37 PM
Jun 2020
This is the episode that made me despise this Anime. Not only because they keep killing people just for drama and then go into the next adventure to F up. They made this guy's death completely pointless when he took his form and lied to Rean. So now GuGu won't even be missed NICE. If you're a sadistic bastard that loves cheap deaths with no purpose then you would love this Anime.
Sep 26, 2021 6:30 PM

Apr 2007
Honestly with how strong Gugu became and how much he helped Fushi, I thought he'd be able to survive and maybe even travel with Fushi. Sadly, it was not meant to be :( Stupid show tricked me.

Gugu is truly the best character so far, such beautiful development. RIP
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

240 by poscula »»
Jun 2, 2:39 AM

» Hayase is getting too much plot armor

Andrekrep - May 19, 2021

30 by Dirittoprocedura »»
May 28, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.