Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2022 11:10 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
I don't usually comment on episodes, but this one was absolutely massive. This is how you do storytelling, people. No amount of fancy animation can top that, so arguments like "Too much CGI" are completely irrelevant imo. Best action episode of the year, no contest.
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 AM
Dec 2019
I was not ready for it.
Feb 2021
YES, this shit slaps hard af
Oct 2015
Am I the only one here who didn't know what was going to happen before this episode came out? but GD! I didn't know it was gonna be that kinda story! Half the cast... just gone! I'm sad about Himeno, but I really don't want Makima to be dead!

Also, htf did snake girl bring the sword guy back if he was supposed dead? Himeno made such a big deal out of curse sword when they were stuck in that hotel. Kinda underwhelming for it's debut to equate to nothing.
Nov 29, 2022 11:13 AM
Sep 2020
for real?this is for real? =)
Nov 29, 2022 11:13 AM
Jan 2015
What the heck is going on? Where will this go in 4 episodes only? The show was wild before, but this episode just doubled down even harder.
Nov 29, 2022 11:15 AM

Apr 2019
Friermiko said:
If at least the author crashed half of denji’s body and made him to not regenerate it (aka having consequences), then it would have been interesting. But no we can’t have that, the author only kills characters we don’t care about. I haven’t read the manga, but I can say for certain that denji will just return next episode with plot armor like nothing happened, which defeats the purpose of any threat in this anime/manga. Really disappointing episode.

So you just want the protagonist to die? How will the story continue if the protagonist just dies? Also this mangaka kills way more characters than whatever you are expecting and
. So I don't know how you are complaining about plot armour.
Nov 29, 2022 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shit. the ending.
Nov 29, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2021
King_KK said:
Friermiko said:
If at least the author crashed half of denji’s body and made him to not regenerate it (aka having consequences), then it would have been interesting. But no we can’t have that, the author only kills characters we don’t care about. I haven’t read the manga, but I can say for certain that denji will just return next episode with plot armor like nothing happened, which defeats the purpose of any threat in this anime/manga. Really disappointing episode.

So you just want the protagonist to die? How will the story continue if the protagonist just dies? Also this mangaka kills way more characters than whatever you are expecting and

I don't think he ever said killing the protagonist in his comment tho, but he is surely exagerating with the crushing half of his body and not making him regenerate. There is plot armour in this series tho, but plot is literally what moves any series, so eh.
Nov 29, 2022 11:18 AM
Feb 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
Friermiko said:
name one shonen anime without plot armor

Now, why would I compare chainsaw man that is supposed to be a masterpiece, peak fiction, unlike anything we have seen before to some generic shonen?
Nov 29, 2022 11:18 AM
Aug 2017
Legendary. This is probably the best episode of an anime this year.

Not just because of the INSANE twists, but because of the amazing episode director. This dude, made something that was already dark, become a nightmare with those screen shots, that slow pacing almost slice of life first half of the episode.

Dude, this episode is on the same lvl of Madara vs everybody, All Mighty vs Nomu, Tanjiro dragon dance episodes, AoT first episode and it goes.

Just legendary. Period. FInally i understand the HYPE behind this CHAINSAWMAN
Nov 29, 2022 11:21 AM

Sep 2016
Easily the best episode yet! The real CSM begins from here on out.

Apr 2019
Ionliosite2 said:
King_KK said:

I don't think he ever said killing the protagonist in his comment tho, but he is surely exagerating with the crushing half of his body and not making him regenerate. There is plot armour in this series tho, but plot is literally what moves any series, so eh.

People die if you crush half of their bodies though. Without any regenerative ability any person whose body is crushed in half will be killed immediately from blood loss, organ failure and shock.
Jan 2021
things took a TURN fr 😭
Nov 29, 2022 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
King_KK said:
Ionliosite2 said:

People die if you crush half of their bodies though. Without any regenerative ability any person whose body is crushed in half will be killed immediately from blood loss, organ failure and shock.

Again, I don't think he ever said killing the protagonist in his comment tho, but he is surely exagerating with the crushing half of his body and not making him regenerate
Nov 29, 2022 11:22 AM
Dec 2020
WhAT jUSt hAppENED?!
Nov 29, 2022 11:23 AM
Nov 2022
This was an amazing episode, and as a manga reader who has read every chapter up till now, it just keeps getting better
Dec 2021
RIP Himeno.... You will be missed
Feb 2021
ayoooooooo seeing the adaptations is unreal
pretty cool too many moments of the sexy time but thats why theres a skip button :D
Nov 29, 2022 11:24 AM

Oct 2019
What the hell happened?? OMG I have no word to describe this episode. Brilliant writing, amazing animation, good direction... This is a masterpiece.
Nov 29, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2020
Uhhhh...
EXCUSE ME, WHAT?

That was quite the episode. I think Himeno is really gone, but she might be the only one for now. Makima died very explicitly, but there's no way all the stuff with her ends here, so she for sure as a devil that resurrects her like we saw with ChainsawSword-Man or something like that. Kobeni and Arai feel like very disposible characters, but, with a cutaway like that, they're probably alive... But regardless, everyone is in quite the pickle, huh? I've been enjoying it quite a bit so far, but now I really can't wait for the next episode...
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Nov 29, 2022 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
That whole episode was like a mind trip, from the beginning sequence all the way to how quickly shit turned on its head and of course, the finish. I have read the manga twice and even after finishing it, I was just having that feeling of "Wtf happened". The direction from start to finish went hard to give me that bizarre and unsettling feeling from start to finish and the stuff that actually took place here cemented that. Just chaos was happening everywhere, and in a flash, Himeno's just dead like that. There were some death flags in previous episodes, but how quickly and abruptly it happened alongside the train scene made the series feel unchained as a whole. It's hard to exactly process my feelings here since there were definite issues that I could say that prevent it from being a perfect episode, like the opening scene being a nice addition but was way too long, and yeah the animation while solid with the effort and some cuts, had its iffy moments too. But it's definitely a noteworthy episode to say the least. Borrowing from Mushoku Tensei kinda here, this was definitely a Turning Point. Also, the music by Kensuke Ushio as a whole was fantastic for this episode, was a big part in making this whole episode feel like a trip, almost otherworldly like.
Nov 29, 2022 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
First thought of the new op: no one smokes sharing a lighter like that haha
Nov 29, 2022 11:29 AM
Jul 2017
After 7 ep i finally got good episode mostly because we got out our first long term villain(?), I hope so if they become another 1 or 2 episode Villains with no long term impact IM gonna really dissapointed.
Monster of the week trope is a sign inability of the author to write a good plot so they introduce random ass villain to distract viewer with action.

My English is not good.

Nov 29, 2022 11:29 AM

Mar 2011
Ionliosite2 said:
Oh, right, so here starts the episode where it shows that Chainsaw Man doesn't know how to do and how to handle deaths of characters.

Finally someone with the right mind and wise words.
Еveryone was saying that this episode should have broken the internet.
I am not impressed at all.
Nov 29, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2021
Man I refuse to believe Hemeno died just like that and same goes for Makima and the others who got shot what is happening rn
Nov 29, 2022 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Friermiko said:
Badguy_oncel said:
name one shonen anime without plot armor

Now, why would I compare chainsaw man that is supposed to be a masterpiece, peak fiction, unlike anything we have seen before to some generic shonen?
Cause basing an opinion on a work based entirely on the outside influence of what people said is dumb and going to get you caught up on pretty superficial stuff like this comparing apples to oranges and expecting things that are only 1/7th of the way through to already reach praised that are obviously directed at the overall work and now the prologue.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2022 11:31 AM
Feb 2021
King_KK said:
Ionliosite2 said:

What you are talking about here is all irrelevant. what I mean is there should be consequences. For example having physical scars, like losing a limb. But no, the author will continue to the next event like all of this never happened.
Nov 29, 2022 11:33 AM
Jul 2016

Seriously this episode WENT HARD. It was like a movie!
Nov 29, 2022 11:33 AM
Mar 2018
every second of the last ten minutes, just amazing!!!
Nov 29, 2022 11:35 AM

Jul 2021
himeno senpai ;((
Nov 29, 2022 11:36 AM

Aug 2022
Friermiko said:
King_KK said:

What you are talking about here is all irrelevant. what I mean is there should be consequences. For example having physical scars, like losing a limb. But no, the author will continue to the next event like all of this never happened.

don't bother with csm fans...they will shit on other shounen for having plot armor and so ...but defend their shit with heart and soul
Nov 29, 2022 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
Icebreaker93 said:
Ionliosite2 said:
Oh, right, so here starts the episode where it shows that Chainsaw Man doesn't know how to do and how to handle deaths of characters.

I think the problem here is that many people say break the internet as something lightly and easy thing to do. This episode has something relatively unexpected, and it definitely was one of the 2 scenes in Chainsaw Man I wasn't even close in predicting (even if this scene made a lot of others pretty easy). So I guess it is supposed to be impressive and leave people surprised, but I don't think killing a couple of basically irrelevant characters would "break the internet".
Nov 29, 2022 11:39 AM

Sep 2011
Friermiko said:
King_KK said:

Its been established and shown that fiends regenerate when they consume blood, Denji and power arent human. Theres ways to show consequences in ways that aren't literal physical damage and unless you just wanna spoil yourself on shit you best just moving on from this point cause your just asking for people to tell you shit way ahead of time at this point. Its like complaining about lack of progression at the start of a romance series where the couple gets together way before the end or saying theres no deaths in a series where no one survives, your just asking for people to blurt out shit that happens.
JizzyHitlerNov 29, 2022 12:01 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2022 11:40 AM
May 2021
cringe ep 8
Not worth tbh
Nov 29, 2022 11:48 AM

Dec 2020
Curse devil was bad, seggs was too drawn out, shadman looks neat.
Nov 29, 2022 11:51 AM
Feb 2016
This adaptation keeps one-upping itself. Absolutely gorgeous
Nov 29, 2022 11:52 AM
Jun 2021
The best ep by far. Omfg these animations and osts.
Nov 29, 2022 11:55 AM
Apr 2014
Icebreaker93 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

Can anyone explain how or why they feel this way about the deaths? Or what you felt could have made it better I am curious....

In regard to "break the internet" Thing I've not seen one person say that personally. I have however seen people say it will start to really pick up here and further on which factually it has.
Nov 29, 2022 11:55 AM
May 2022
Omg what was that, I can't believe Makima died so easily. I'm sure she's coming back.
Nov 29, 2022 11:56 AM
Jul 2019
Wlep that's it for Himeno...I wonder if she was able to popped Denji's cherries?
Nov 29, 2022 11:58 AM
Feb 2010
I didn't seem to particularly like it that much. himeno wasn't around long enough for her death to be that impactful and the girl that showed uo feels like evil mary sue.like i get they wanted to make her threatening but i was just rolling my eyes the whole time, definitely oculd have been handled in a better way.
Nov 29, 2022 11:59 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Another flawless episode from Chainsaw Man, I was actually worried about how they'll butcher Makima's and Himeno's deaths, I'm glad it was as abrupt and sudden as in the Manga.
Nov 29, 2022 12:00 PM
Aug 2022
this episode was kinda confusing but still really entertaining at the same time. annndd here we go. there's a tone shift considering himeno is most likely dead. i'm pretty sure whatever happening in this episode was meant to make you to ask questions as i'm assuming it'll be answered like it was in the hotel episodes.
i'm glad that atleast himeno wanting to have sex with denji wasn't glorified here unlike a lot of anime that are too comfortable with positively portraying an adult and a minor doing the nasty.
i seriously doubt that characters such as denji and makima are actually dead though. there's no way important characters like this are gonna die this sudden without some catch.
i was shocked to say the least when the katana devil was the grandson of the yakuza that attempted to kill denji. really cool way to connect the dots.
Nov 29, 2022 12:01 PM
Restless One

Apr 2016
I read the manga but still wasn´t quite ready.
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Nov 29, 2022 12:07 PM
Oct 2022
Had a rollercoaster of emotions, probably best episode so far. I’ll never understand people being toxic only cuz of cgi, like yeah it would be better without 3d stuff, but how tf you can ignore everything else? I never been so attached to characters only after 8 episodes, slaps hard!! Can’t wait for new onee..
Nov 29, 2022 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
What’s crazy is, despite how wild this episodes content is, it doesn’t even scratch the surface on how bat shit insane chainsaw man gets. These episodes will be top tier and it’s still one of the lower ranked arcs.
Nov 29, 2022 12:09 PM
Jul 2014
This episode was legit insane, one of the best episodes of anime as a whole in a long long time, the coloring as usual on point, the insane pov scenes, the flash switch into suddenly everyone getting shot, on top of that ending sequence, topped all of it with TK doing the ending with visuals about her funeral, wow, masterpiece.
Nov 29, 2022 12:10 PM
Apr 2022
Not having read the manga, I was not expecting this episode. Things have just taken an unexpected and interesting turn. Cannot wait to see how things unfold.
Nov 29, 2022 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
Looks like the turning point of the series has arrived and in such a bloody and brutal way that had me gripped.

The POV part of the drunk Himeno on Denji from last week was pretty nicely done and I'm glad that she finally succumbed to sleep pretty quickly, so Denji's virginity stays safe for now. I enjoyed their talk together the morning after over breakfast, agreeing to work with each other in trying to get together with the ones they like (Makima for Denji and Aki for Himeno).

However, things turned for the worst as pretty much everyone that we know from Makima's squad, including Makima herself, were targeted and shot at. Whether Makima's truly dead or not, who knows, although by face value, it does look like it. As an anime-only, I can only assume that the next episode or two will present the true answer to my confused mind.

Things were more brutal with Denji, Power, Aki and Himeno when they got targeted by two enemies where even Aki and Himeno's powers weren't enough. Seeing Himeno sacrifice herself in her attempt to save Aki was a sad sight to see. =(

While I'm not the biggest fan of TK, his song for the 8th ED was very good and it fits the brutal theme of this episode as a whole. Overall, this episode was great, with gripping and shocking moments paired up with great production values again.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

1014 by OnlyLukey »»
Sep 11, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

585 by phantom346 »»
Sep 6, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

735 by phantom346 »»
Sep 6, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

787 by phantom346 »»
Sep 5, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2659 by phantom346 »»
Sep 5, 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.