Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 13, 2013 1:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I have no idea what this has become and where it's going, but I have a morbid fascination with it and will keep watching.

I wanted Diamond to shut up and get a comeuppance, but this was pretty brutal. King Torture completely broke her in more ways than one.

Mizuki is really beautiful.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 13, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2012
Well this show has definitely put itself back on track.

That finger crush. Ouch.

I don't like the cheesy speeches with the cheesy music, but i guess he is a superhero, what do i expect. I also hope we don't just get king torture coming back over and over again.

I guess real super villains wouldn't exist if the heroes didn't. kinda makes you question heroes >.>

I think that mari is the most interesting thing here though, she got fucked in every way, she is brokeded.

Please no more cheesy ass villains, king torture was a step in the right direction at least :) Though i guess he's gonna be back...

I will continue to stick around though, i did enjoy this episode a lot actually and i feel the characters will continue to get more interesting especially with the mari situation and masayoshi revealing his identity. I wish he wouldn't fight with stationary though, he needs to start using some lethal weapons, hopefully he realises that, because swinging from a building with a tape measure is so cringy its unreal xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 13, 2013 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
At first I was like "Noooo! Not Moe-chan!"

Then I was like "Alright! Moe-chan is the best!" and also "You're pretty alright for a psychotic evil maniac, KT"

Mari might not be the most likeable character, but right now I feel she's probably the most interesting. They say "Pride cometh before a fall", and she has those two bases covered. But now that she's fallen where will she go? She's wearing her Flamenco Diamond suit on stage, so it's pretty safe to assume everyone also knows who the Flamenco Girls are at this point. Will she give up? Will she turn evil? Will she reflect and change? I'm excited to see where she goes from here.

Here's a thought for everyone: What if Gotou's girlfriend is the Power behind King Torture's throne? That would mean that she knew exactly what Gotou was doing when she sent that text and she just wanted to mess with him...
Dec 13, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
I still have no idea what is happening but this time i like it...very much.
Dec 13, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
Poor Moe >:
Dec 13, 2013 8:15 PM

Jun 2007
I want to believe the ending was a complete and total reference to Iron Man, but it was probably just a coincidence.
Dec 13, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2013
Satire said:
Sourire said:
good news guys, its a 2 cour!

I think everyone knew this already.
captain obvious eh?
Dec 13, 2013 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I think they just broke Mari. I don't care for her that much, but that ED song was kinda painful.
That scene when Mari and Moe got captured.... reminded me so much of part of Higurashi....
Does anyone else think that the way it's told is to try to make us feel like someone in the story? like OMG there's monsters in the real world! two months later: oh there's another one...
just a thought.
Dec 13, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2012
03:01 pwned

04:44 just do her already

06:09 ERABE

08:17 they are filming tokusatsu, ...right?

12:05 tokusatsu otaku VS tokusatsu otaku

12:43 ERABE II

15:02 giant monster? they'd hafta call for Urutoraman's help

Still going downhil.
5/10 for this ep.

Mari won't turn into the next villian, Queen Majikkugaaru, right?
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 13, 2013 10:55 PM
Mar 2011
anyone notice masayoshi didn't destroy the green glowing rock
bad idea!
maybe king torture is getting a comeback
Dec 13, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2011
This show fills me with nostalgia for things like Power Rangers. The way it is so absolutely serious within the goofiness. Even though it would seem absolutely crazy and even funny to other people who don't feel the same way as those characters there are still so many of them that stick to what they believe in.
Dec 13, 2013 11:33 PM

May 2012
It's funny how can a car push down a very big rocket.. But this show still makes me laugh with its goofiness and I even screamed with what Torture did with that nail!! Damn..
Dec 14, 2013 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
I'm glad Jouji wasn't King Torture, it would have been too obvious... Also, dat revelation.
Dec 14, 2013 1:13 AM

Dec 2012
Although I enjoyed this episode, I'm still a bit skeptical of the direction this series is going. I think episode 7 will forever remain a black mark on SF for me, but I still want to see what the rest has to offer.

Marzan said:

I wanted Diamond to shut up and get a comeuppance, but this was pretty brutal. King Torture completely broke her in more ways than one.

I was honestly waiting for Mari to get put in her place, but it was like damn, I couldn't help but feel for her when she was on the stage as a physical and psychological mess. I want to guess that she'll recover eventually, but with how unexpectedly dark this series has become, I wouldn't be surprised if she goes full crazy.
Dec 14, 2013 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
draker said:
Wow, this is just getting worse and worse.
Yes.

rederoin said:
This is just getting better and better.
Yes.
Dec 14, 2013 2:15 AM

Oct 2009
HMMmmmmm.................its so bad that its so good.

Looks like Mari is broken :/
Are we finally gonna see Gotou's gf next week, since her text could mean they were gonna meet?
Dec 14, 2013 2:56 AM
Jan 2013
So, King Torture becomes Freddie Kurger, poor Mari, so what's now for her?

And, who's gonna be the next villain?
Dec 14, 2013 3:08 AM

Jan 2011
now time to explain where king torture gets the technology to do all these things
Dec 14, 2013 3:36 AM
Oct 2013
It's funny how Kono fell down from a missile silo and came back like nothing happened.

This shouldn't be tagged as action rather comedy is befitting for how goofy and comical each episode have been coming.
Dec 14, 2013 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
All the cliche lines are homage to power ranger stuff
Am I the only one here who think King torture using a a chainsaw on (current date) Dec 13th , Friday is a reference to Jason from Friday the 13th
Dec 14, 2013 4:20 AM
May 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Konno surviving was nice. Well, I guess seeing how Torture respects that type of people I guess he let him go.

Wait a minute!

HOW THE HELL THAT GUY SCOTTS FREE AT THE END OF EPISODE 10?! I'm afraid that King Torture makes him evil soon...
Dec 14, 2013 7:09 AM

Oct 2011
Poor Moe !!! T__T

King Totture will be back?

Goto was awesome.

I feel for Mari T___T
Dec 14, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
This is a joke right? DROPPED
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 14, 2013 8:22 AM
Mar 2013
klaymore said:
now time to explain where king torture gets the technology to do all these things

lol, he mad scientist in my mind
this development is so weird

and that blue rock still lying there too, bad
Dec 14, 2013 8:44 AM
Feb 2010
That awkward moment when you are blown away at how weird the whole episode is and you see that 77 (out of 128) people loved this episode. Or when you think this may be the last episode and you realised there are 22 episodes in total.

At least that's for me.

Erh, I hate to say this but, it's beyond Power Rangers now. I really do not like the idea of cells turning into monsters and how the producer made Hazama turn into really a superhero when he almost turned crazy over wanting to be a hero. Cause what he did in this episode is really like a superhero especially when he was in danger.

And I do not really study physics but can anyone explain how a car could topple a rocket?

And finally, the mind-breaking scenes of Mari were quite bad since I think the atmosphere turned from one of superhero-ish to the innate ugliness of humans (the dilemma between survival and sacrifice). That part actually was very dark, and the producers had to add one more last part of singing.
DunkjoeDec 14, 2013 8:47 AM
Dec 14, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2012
rederoin said:
This is just getting better and better.
Tutturu ~
Dec 14, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
I'm actually digging this show more than anything else this season, and DEFINITELY more than anything from last season. Started slow, but it's become a must watch.

Really interested in what they'll do with the show now that everything is revealed, and King Torture is dead for the moment. Also HIGHLY interested in how they'll handle Moe and Mari now that Moe's crush isn't just a 'played for laughs' deal, but she's also seen that there's really no chance with Mari. Perhaps shifting her affections towards Mizuki, after that gesture during the concert? Either way, I just want that gal to be happy, gatdammit.
Dec 14, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
Oh, the things this show could do with Mari and Moe...that it won't.

Still wanting Mari to become the final villain, still think it's possible. I'll forgive everything else in the show if they do that.
Dec 14, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
Redfoxoffire said:

There's a lot of potential. I mentioned Moe falling for Mizuki, but I wouldn't mind them handling it in other ways. Maybe Moe's the one who brings Mari out of her BSOD? There's a million ways they could handle that sort of scenario, and every single one of em is cute as fuck, in my head at least.

I'm worried that they might just throw that plot to the wayside too, since I've seen other series/games/etc. take a perfectly good potential-yuri situation and just ignore it after building it up, but I've had a lot of doubts about this show and it's proven each one wrong so far, so hopefully it does it again here too.
Dec 15, 2013 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Redfoxoffire said:

Still wanting Mari to become the final villain, still think it's possible. I'll forgive everything else in the show if they do that.

If it turns out that the Last Boss is also or Hazama himself, I'll give the series a 9.

Mari has a lot of potential not to cave in. The last scene kind of invokes the "Are you not entertained?!" vibes and her defeat was in line with the frustration of another idol, who decided to change her employ (Perfect Blue). King Torture was pleased with Moe's reassuring calculations - regardless she followed Mari's whim to become Samumenco Girls, she responded to reality as a dark minion, knowing what was best for her in the situation. The idol scene is Dark Side enough for the girls to aspire for something heroic and different.
Well, Mari might disagree, after all - neither being detracted from her wishes, nor accepting the implied "we were bitches to each other all along" in regards to the girls in the trio.

But see how good the torture incident went for Hazama, lol. The man who was beaten by middle schoolers, who has been repeatedly pushed aside by music idols and forgotten action heroes, whom a policeman continuously pulls out of his own messes and shrivels of horror in front of his own manager, walks out in glory and receives his proper publicity ... :L Well, King Torture might be an independent agency as a catalyst in the world of entertainment, but Hazama (I think) spirals in a very strange direction the more his blabbering heroes' catchphrases intensifies.
Dec 15, 2013 4:47 AM

Dec 2010
StopDropAndBowl said:
dest-roy96 said:
Imo, it is getting better and better, but if you look at the rating most people think that it is getting worse.

It's because they're a bunch of philistines.

And they think they know what constitutes good story-telling, which makes it even worse.

Awww, well done you, your mum must have been so proud when they appointed you sole arbitrator of what is cultured and "good".
Dec 15, 2013 11:56 AM
Mar 2012
dreadknightnero said:
My journey so far with Samurai Flamenco has been erratic.
From I should watch this to I'm sooo watching this to I don't know what am I watching anymore to why am I still watching this.
This.
WTF?!
Dec 15, 2013 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
deVacto said:
klaymore said:

lol, he mad scientist in my mind
this development is so weird

and that blue rock still lying there too, bad

I think it's obvious that the Illuminati of this universe are involved here.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Dec 15, 2013 11:54 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was by far one of the best. Everyone hates Mari loll but i cant seem to find myself to dislike her but that ending tho!! ;p love how King torture got to her mentally it was seriously the best part to me loll Although i don't hate her i found that particular part to be seriously satisfying in every way. I was in pure bliss~~~~

Im glad that king tortured didnt kill Konno because i kinda like him especially when he teases and messes with Ishihara

I was a bit surprised that Masayoshi revealed himself becuase i thought he wouldve continued to keep his identity a secret but he didnt sooo -shrugs- :3

I overly love Goto i hope we get to see his gf in later eps Im just overly curious about how she looks and why is it that they only text :3
Dec 16, 2013 12:13 PM
Aug 2011
What the fuck is this show?
What am I watching?
Am I even alive, what is this feeling?

Mari's terrible singing in the credits pretty much confirmed that this the highest degree of trolling but even then this is just so odd and awkward.

This was one of my most anticipated shows of the season but now I don't even know what life is.
Dec 16, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2010
That was interesting! Now I'm curious as to what will happen next. I'm surprised that they killed off King Torture so quickly. The torture scene with Moe and Mari was actually quite hard to watch. I'm interested in seeing how this showdown affects all the characters.

As for why she's singing so badly at the end, she's in the middle of crying after being tortured, can't really blame her!
Dec 16, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
parfaited said:
Mari's terrible singing in the credits pretty much confirmed that this the highest degree of trolling but even then this is just so odd and awkward.

Buddy, I think you missed the point of that entire ending.
Dec 16, 2013 2:37 PM
Aug 2011
SuzakuRainmaker said:
parfaited said:

Buddy, I think you missed the point of that entire ending.

You kind of missed the entire point of what I was trying to say (which is that I can't help but feel they are going to say "LOL JUST KIDDING" somewhere down the line) but yes I know that she was singing like that because she was depressed. Crying=broken voice, i'm not that stupid.
Dec 16, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2012
WTF is this I don't even
I hope they explain everything.. probably will just introduce another evil villain though
Dec 16, 2013 6:31 PM
Oct 2011
I bet the whole point of the show is to just introduce a new young annoying "moe" voice actress. That'd make a lot of sense.
Dec 16, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2012
This anime. It just keeps bringing the crazy. I never know what to expect from it; and that's why I'm enjoying it so much.
Dec 17, 2013 6:57 AM
May 2012
I thought that identity of King Torture was, you know.

But apparently who exactly is that mysterious guy (King Torture) who knews Flamenco all along anyway.
Dec 17, 2013 7:25 PM
Nov 2013
I don't understand why anyone who didn't like this ep kept watching after ep 8, because it was pretty much perfect. Masayoshi goes from becoming a legit actual superhero who fights evil monsters to killing the big bad and unmasking in the course of 3 episodes and there's still 12 left to go.
Dec 18, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
Looks like Flamenco Diamond learned her lesson while at the same time revealing her genuine insincerety as a champion for justice. Serves her right!

Can't wait to see what the next villain is going to be like and how things will be for Samurai Flamenco now that he has revealed his identity.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 18, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2010
The only thing I expect from the next episodes is real character development for Mari. Besides that, we have no idea of what will happen next, and that's good.

PS: The bit with Goto's girlfriend texting him right at the most critical moment was great.
Dec 19, 2013 12:54 AM
Jun 2012
I am actually perfectly fine with the plot change and i think what king torture said about what people think of villains is true.People are use to thinking that the goverment,police and other people will help when a villain appears but they say that because they have never met a true villain.And if we think about it,human itself now is destroying the earth.
*Shit i when from virtual to reality.....
Dec 19, 2013 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
Candor said:
This is trying too hard.
draker said:
Wow, this is just getting worse and worse.

You need to not
Dec 20, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2012
Hahaha at this point the show has just forced me to say fuck it and just sit back and accept everything thats happening. Someone once said on last episode it was like the writers were high and yeah I don't know it seems like they just really didn't give a fuck when writing this and I just love how ridiculous it has become.

This episode was the ultimate battle of the nerds. Loved it.

http://i.imgur.com/PSeJKSy.png These guys have been through so much weird shit.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Dec 21, 2013 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
Tomatsu Haruka, why are you so GREAT?!

Dec 22, 2013 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode, King Torture has been defeated.

Finally Samurai Flamenco reveal his face.

I felt sad when Mari sung.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.