Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 24, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2008
The starting voice over was weird. Using the old OP feels cheap, almost like they ran out of budget... Pacing was off, animation a little stilted and I'm not sure I care for where the story is going. This could be my biggest let down of the year, damn.

Edit: not to mention the ED. What the fuck was that? It looks and sounds terrible, and not in a deliberate, artsy kind of way. If you told me this was someone's first Sony Vegas edit I'd believe it. Holy shit.
Oct 24, 2022 1:19 PM

Sep 2020
Even though it's the same op song, but with the visuals it's still really great op! Quite a surprise at the end, I though she is still on the island, also the pacing seems a bit fast.
Oct 24, 2022 1:20 PM

Feb 2021
Wistaire said:
The starting voice over was weird. Using the old OP feels cheap, almost like they ran out of budget... Pacing was off, animation a little stilted and I'm not sure I care for where the story is going. This could be my biggest let down of the year, damn.

Edit: not to mention the ED. What the fuck was that? It looks and sounds terrible, and not in a deliberate, artsy kind of way. If you told me this was someone's first Sony Vegas edit I'd believe it. Holy shit.

It was necessary to narrate as Fushi at the beginning to introduce us with how Fushi lived on an unhabited island for forty years. They don't ran out of budget, if you watch carefuly animation is very good, the same as in the first season. Pacing is normal, not off. Overall this season is as amazing as the first one! I can't comprehend all your pretensions.

Only in one I agree: the awful ED. It was like a kid did it. It really is bad looking.
takamono said:
Even though it's the same op song, but with the visuals it's still really great op! Quite a surprise at the end, I though she is still on the island, also the pacing seems a bit fast.

Pacing is normal, not fast. Maybe you forgot how it was in the first season. It was also paced a bit fast.

OP is great, I agree! Visuals are stunning!
MemoreOct 24, 2022 1:25 PM
Oct 24, 2022 1:22 PM

Mar 2020
western morning glory is indeed not so effective
Oct 24, 2022 1:26 PM

May 2020
Same opening for this season too.. like it'd be 40 episodes old by the end of this season xD

Talking about 40, that's the exact years of time skip we had coming from the first season to this season, means Fushi's a full grown man now. Though that doesn't change the fact he still fighting those Nokkers day in and day out. Reincarnated(lol) Hayase's here too and.. yes she's giving those western glories like her grandma.

Fushi didn't recognize Tonari though I think he'll by the next time, so looking forward to that atleast. At last hoping this season follows the footsteps of the first one.

ED was.. what again?
Oct 24, 2022 2:42 PM
Oct 2015
That whole Hayase reincarnation thing reminded me of what Hide did on Summertime Render
Oct 24, 2022 3:20 PM
Mar 2019
the tonari reveal made me so happy :>>
Oct 24, 2022 4:49 PM
Sep 2017
Realy great start of S2.
Oct 24, 2022 4:51 PM

Sep 2017
Really hitting the ground running here. Cool to be bringing Tonari back as like a 50 odd year old woman. Also fuck Hayase and her clan. Her grand daughter was giving massive sketchy vibes for sure
Oct 24, 2022 5:04 PM

Mar 2021
I already hate Hisame.

Also, how did Fushi not recognize Tonari lol
Oct 24, 2022 5:08 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode
Oct 24, 2022 5:33 PM
Oct 2022
Great intro to this season! I can't wait to see more of both the new characters and the returnees. I just hope that the kid doesnt bother Fushi
Oct 24, 2022 5:49 PM

Feb 2019
I’m so glad they didn’t try to replace pink blood. It was no topping that anyway. Utada Hikaru masterclass
Oct 24, 2022 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
Same old opening lol, this isn't 2002 anymore, anime change their openings frequently now. All the reasons I'm seeing are just pure cope. Good first episode though.
Oct 24, 2022 10:40 PM

Sep 2015
The interaction with Hisame felt off, is this really how someone would react after 40 years of no-contact? lol

Especially Tonari...

Surprisingly the Black Hood guy gets lip-synching movements?!Woah!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 24, 2022 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
If Hisame also wants to get impregnated by Fushi, I'm 100% done with this show.

But oh boy... less than 10 minutes into the episode and I'm already having such a bad feeling about this first arc/cour. As with Season 1, everything Hayase-related just screams bad writing and regarding Tonari, I honestly don't know what to think of her reappearing in the story. Especially after the disaster that was the Jananda arc.

But well, that was that. And on a final note, what... the... fuck... was that ED?
Oct 25, 2022 12:36 AM
Oct 2019
Ronninn said:
The pacing and the direction is just seriously off, knew this changing studio will be bad
You know it's the same staff working on it from season 1 besides the director and the manga was just as fast paced as the anime was in the chapters adapted
Oct 25, 2022 1:42 AM
Jan 2020
issy_walker88 said:
Ronninn said:
The pacing and the direction is just seriously off, knew this changing studio will be bad
You know it's the same staff working on it from season 1 besides the director and the manga was just as fast paced as the anime was in the chapters adapted

It still obviously looks worse and this has a new Director
Oct 25, 2022 1:43 AM
Dec 2021
Interesting first episode! I definitely agree with what a lot of people are saying about the pacing, it did feel a smidge weird when the guardians suddenly showed up out of nowhere, but hopefully it levels out as we go forward. Looking forward to the next episode for sure, I'm curious to see where the plot takes us, and what inevitable tragedies they have in store for us all XD
Oct 25, 2022 5:45 AM
Jul 2017
Forty years later...
What a great start.
Hisame super cute.
Oct 25, 2022 7:45 AM

Aug 2016
SouthRzVa said:
If Hisame also wants to get impregnated by Fushi, I'm 100% done with this show.

My feelings exactly! Going by the comments on the manga, Hayase seems to continue pursuing Fushi throughout the ages, and she's crazy about him, so... That does seem to be the way this is heading. What a shame, though, I like basically everything else about Fumetsu no Anata e, but if this whole "obsessive love chase" becomes the major plotline I'm so outta here. It was okay in S01 because it wasn't truly the focus, but with the way it was introduced so early on this time 'round, I feel like S02 is gonna put the pedal to the metal in that regard.

Gotta give it a few more episodes because I'm really interested in the other characters and their storylines. Damn you, Hayase, for getting in the way of my following Fushi's journey!
Oct 25, 2022 10:39 AM
Apr 2022
didn't realise how much i missed fushi until I saw him all grown up wearing gugu's pants, I've heard lots of exciting stuff to expect from manga readers so I'm obviously hyped for this season, s1 was my top5 spring-summer anime even tho it got a lil slow during jananda arc nonetheless i enjoyed it thoroughly so I have high hopes for s2. highlight of ep1 was fushi passing out after getting drugged by hayase's granddaughter a direct parallel to when hayase drugged fushi, pioran n march in s1 and ofc tonari's grand return!! so glad to know atleast someone who fushi knows is alive even after all these years! also idk how i feel abt op being same as previous season bc i love pink blood n it does a great job setting a familiar atmosphere for new season but maybe a completely new op would be more engaging
natsu0398Oct 25, 2022 10:49 AM
Oct 25, 2022 11:45 AM
Mar 2021
what a cliffhanger
Oct 25, 2022 12:22 PM
Apr 2021
OweynLupton said:
As much as I'm glad to see this come back, this first episode felt ridiculously fast-paced. A village gets attacked, Fushi spends forty whole years on his own on an island, Hayase's granddaughter Hisame and a whole knew faction are introduced, it's revealed that Hisame has a Nokker in her arm, the concept of Fye is introduced, the entire journey to the village is completed, and then Tonari makes her return, all within the space of a single episode. It almost felt as if nothing had time to breathe.
i mean this adapt 4 chapters and everything is adapted from these 4 chapters so
Oct 25, 2022 12:23 PM
Apr 2021
Ronninn said:
i mean literally adapt everything from these 4 chapters
Oct 25, 2022 12:26 PM
Apr 2021
UkRs said:
How many chapters did they skimmed thru.. God!
This felt a fast as fk paced episode.. Tho, I'm just happy that Fushi is back! Lets freaking gooo!

That Reveal of Tonari at the end.. HOLY SHIT! Never been so much happy..
The animation does feels like it has dipped in a bit.. But animation was never ever the strong point of To Your Eternity so its not that big of a problem..

anyways I'm just happy that its back..
they literally adapt 4 chapters all from these 4 chapters
Oct 25, 2022 1:11 PM
Sep 2021
Damn bro, I thought Hisame was different. So happy to see Tonari back.
Oct 25, 2022 1:49 PM
Feb 2022
We are back! Good to see Fushi and a few others! The ending got me very happy! Can't wait to see what's coming up next!
Oct 25, 2022 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
Am I the only one who thought this episode was one of the most rushed things ever in terms of pacing?
Why are they talking endlessly and theres nothing stopping them in the middle.
I feel the plot is moving way too fast and the reveals don't have any sort of impact thanks to it.
No clue why.
I love fumetsu and I hope this doesn't continue.
Oct 25, 2022 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
Can't get enough of that laugh Fushi did upon learning about Hayase's death.

So her Hayase's lineage set up the guardians where they preach about Fushi like a hero or maybe even a messiah?

Hiyame is doing all the tricks Hayase did including the poison and the jelly. She's pissed af when Tonari (lookin well 40 years later) has outwitted herb

Are the guardians a third faction since Hiyame keeps the same nokker in her body, did the nokker enter a symbiotic relationship instead of a parasitic one?

Also, Nokker jerky. Fushi's resourceful...
Fortress_MaximusOct 25, 2022 3:29 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 25, 2022 6:53 PM
Feb 2018
Belíssimo e incrível apenas
Oct 25, 2022 10:20 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! felt like a lot happened and Fushi became mature! he is more aloof because he doesn't want humans get involved with Nokkers...
4/5
but at least they should have made a new OP & ED...hmmm oh well

Oct 26, 2022 1:31 AM

May 2014
Seeing how Fushi has become this secluded, bitter old man who pushes everyone away that tries to come close honestly makes a lot of sense considering all that he's been through already. After March, Parona, Gugu, and most recently Pioran, I really can't blame him. As a manga reader, I'm really looking forward to the community's overall reaction to this arc being animated. I genuinely can't wait!
I am slightly disappointed that we didn't get a new OP since Pink Blood does get a bit repetitive, but the visuals were really nice.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Oct 26, 2022 5:49 AM

Oct 2018
KANLen09 said:
Once again, Hikaru Utada's repeat OP song is ONE MASSIVE SPOILER (like it should be), and it shouldn't be surprising at this stage.

Wait, what's meant by "like it should be" here?
Oct 26, 2022 4:15 PM
Jul 2021
ik hou zoveel van deze anime
Oct 26, 2022 7:20 PM
Dec 2009
Seeing Tonari revealing herself at the end makes us lose our anger for her lol
Oct 27, 2022 12:27 AM
Nov 2021
Disappointing first episode, pacing was wild. Hoping that episode 2 is better.
Oct 27, 2022 9:33 AM
Feb 2021
cant wait for it to become a 9/10 in the next episodes havent read the manga but im eager to watch the anime
Oct 27, 2022 3:50 PM
Mar 2019
Stopped reading the Manga after the 40 Year timeskip ( sick of timeskips ) so this will be new for me.
As usual everyone is vying for Fushi's attention, ulterior motives or not.
Good start.
Oct 27, 2022 8:46 PM
Oct 2019
Great start with storyline.
Oct 29, 2022 6:27 AM

Nov 2020
Great start to a new season! Damn 40 years has passed already... Fushi doesn't look like a boy anymore lmao. Opening is the same like in the 1st season and I fucking love it! Can't wait to see the rest of the show!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 29, 2022 12:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting first episode where Inmo was 40 years apart from everything, until.... kekeke
Oct 29, 2022 3:50 PM

Nov 2013
We watched the first episode of season 2 last night and I have mixed feelings. It is obvious that not the same level of care has been taken with the imagery of Fushi. He's the main character, yet it seems the quality control was lacking on his presentation. He comes across too ordinary now, like other anime characters--gone is that special charisma that made him magically special before. And in a lot of scenes, the anatomy is simply wrong, or deformed. Whomever is doing the animation here just doesn't know the human anatomy like the people that drew season one.
So they used a different studio? They should have stayed with the formula that worked. This is not Fushi as I knew him. This character seems alien to me.
The fact that they used the same op music and the less than moving end theme this time around left me feeling that the show was facing budget constraints.
I sure hope there's a Season 3 and that Brains Base is back in the driver seat for that. This season is somewhat disappointing. If they can't get the MC to look like himself, it's bad news.
Oct 29, 2022 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
Wistaire said:

I have mixed feelings about this new season. The biggest problem is the art. That is not the Fushi I know from the manga. Half the time he looks like an aging rock star on drugs. The other half they can't even draw his anatomy correctly. Why or why didn't Brains Base continue for this season? It almost seems like the first season was a happy accident of everything working together in perfect synergy.

An yeah, that opening voice over, who even WAS that??

I think the flagging Japanese economy plays a role here--there a cost cutting measures and unfortunately, they cut some of the most important things. Fushi's very soul does not seem present in this new design. The MC depicted reminds me of other anime characters. That does not seem like Fushi.

I signed up for Twitter last night and I found that I could follow Reiji Kawashima, so I did. And I messaged him just a few minutes ago. I wrote:

"I am a big fan of Fumetsu no Anata e. Fushi is my favorite character of all time. Your acting is perfect. You are Fushi.
Season 1 was great. Brains Base did a fantastic job. However, season 2 has lost a lot of the magic. The character design of Fushi is not up to the great standards that made his almost magical aura. I hope that you will share my feedback with the studio. Hoping they will bring back Brains Base for season 3. I really want to see Fushi in the modern world!"
Oct 29, 2022 5:50 PM
Feb 2022
This was a really interesting episode so it gets an A,the animation company is still in charge of the project so that's a plus.
The team working on this put a lot of effort into this and I can't wait to see next weeks episode.
Oct 30, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2021
Seeing Tonari reunite with Fushi makes me so happy ^^
Oct 30, 2022 10:12 AM
Dec 2013
Great! I'm so glad Fushi is back, the year gap is a bit shocking but I'm sure we are going to see even greater things from now on!
Oct 30, 2022 1:16 PM

Jun 2019
It's back and it looks better than ever. The OP is the same but still has the same impact, the ED is new and very good. I like it very much. I will try not to attach myself with any characters in this show because you know...

Also, will be interesting to see things from her on out and Fushi will handle things. It's been 40 years after all. Tonari has grown into a fine woman and she's here to protect Fushi.
Oct 30, 2022 6:08 PM

Oct 2019
I CRY EVERYTIMEEE
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

180 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Yesterday, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

99 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

101 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.