Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 14, 2022 6:09 PM
Jan 2022
Silymorn said:
Only 2 episodes are out. already 8.75 score. This is MAL for you guys.
And this have quite bad CGI, let's see this will have the fate SH S2 had or not
Jul 14, 2022 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode in so many ways but...

did anyone else expect the geothermal bubbles to sound like that? lol. I did not expect a screech, that's for sure. Thought it would be more rumbling and ominous sounding.
Jul 14, 2022 8:25 PM
Nov 2016
I'm not a fan of S01 nor the movies but I will watch this season anyways, hopefully, it will be better.

So far I'm enjoying it, I do wish they go easy with those forced emotional scenes, that's one of the things I disliked about S01 and the movie, the emotional scenes seemed way too forced for my taste there and the OST wasn't that good in those moments either.

I like my emotional moments subtle, not forced, and I want those moments followed by a good sad OST, those are the things I enjoy the most in an anime, hopefully, this season won't disappoint me in those moments again.
Jul 14, 2022 9:35 PM
Jun 2019
An interesting episode. Now I wonder about the significance of those cave raiders shown in the first episode? And the real identity of the hollows show in the episode.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 14, 2022 10:24 PM
May 2016
I'm not looking forward to all of the CG.
There are a lot of big and complex creatures in this season and I don't think they have the budget to do them justice in 2D :/
I hope I'm wrong but seeing they already CG'd Majikaja, then I don't have too much faith.
Jul 14, 2022 11:11 PM

May 2010
why doesn't reg have his arm? didn't riko shoot baldworth with it in the movie?
Jul 15, 2022 1:14 AM

Apr 2017
i think we are watching a true masterpiece
Jul 15, 2022 3:17 AM

Nov 2007
Casperkid15 said:

They don't have the means to re-attach it I think. It was quite hard to cut off in the movie as well. I'm not sure what they did with it though... maybe its in some backpack of theirs?
Jul 15, 2022 5:45 AM
Feb 2014
The OST that plays in the first scene is it new?

Jul 15, 2022 7:43 AM

Mar 2020
xZabuzax said:
I'm not a fan of S01 nor the movies but I will watch this season anyways, hopefully, it will be better.

So far I'm enjoying it, I do wish they go easy with those forced emotional scenes, that's one of the things I disliked about S01 and the movie, the emotional scenes seemed way too forced for my taste there and the OST wasn't that good in those moments either.

I like my emotional moments subtle, not forced, and I want those moments followed by a good sad OST, those are the things I enjoy the most in an anime, hopefully, this season won't disappoint me in those moments again.

I don't think emotional scenes in the first season were forced. That being said, I do think that ost is kinda off this season, especially the beginning of ep1, it didn't quite fit the visuals
Jul 15, 2022 8:07 AM
Jan 2020
Casperkid15 said:

Reg's arm is attached to Riko's back. It never got reattached.
Jul 15, 2022 8:54 AM
Nov 2016
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
xZabuzax said:

I don't think emotional scenes in the first season were forced. That being said, I do think that ost is kinda off this season, especially the beginning of ep1, it didn't quite fit the visuals

Fair enough, I respect your opinion about it. I've found the emotional scenes in S01 and the movie forced though, to me they were trying too hard to force all that melodrama and instead of feeling emotional I was cringing a bit, the OST wasn't helping those moments either but I will admit that the emotional scenes of Mitty in S01 almost got me a bit though, anyway, I need a good, emotional, sad OST with melody to get in the mood for those scenes and S01 and the movie didn't cut it in that department, I hope S02 bring a better OST to the table in those scenes.

An example of the sad, emotional OST that I really love in emotional moments are:

01 - Steins;Gate (My best anime, has extremely good emotional moments and they are subtle, just the way I like it, the OST in those moments are really good too)

02 - Naruto (to me Naruto is a mediocre anime but they really nailed it in the OST, the emotional moments and hype scenes with Rock Lee vs Gaara , they are one of the best IMHO and that's why I still have xZabuzax in m name, even though it's a mediocre anime I respect Naruto for those moments that I enjoyed)

03 - Attack on Titan (My 2nd best anime, it has nice emotional moments and a really good OST in those scenes and hype moments, the best emotional moment happened in the 1st episode IMHO with Eren's mom at the ending, that scene always makes me tear up and I re-watched it dozens of times)

04 - Bleach (another mediocre anime but it has some nice OST in the emotional moments as well)

05 - ReZero (It's an ok anime but the OST is amazing and the OST in the emotional moments are extremely good too)

06 - Rurouni Kenshin (The emotional moments are ok, but this anime has the best OST around in the anime industry, period, the OST in Rurouni Kenshin from the Anime, OVA, Movies, etc... is extremely underrated, this anime has the best OST around IMHO and the sad, emotional OST are extremely good too)

If Made in Abyss have these types of OST in the emotional moments then I will definitely enjoy those moments a lot more, the animes I mentioned have the type of OST that I enjoy in the emotional moments and if an OST is not up to those standards then I may not enjoy the emotional moments that much.

Don't know if you will read that wall of text but that's my opinion of the things I love in OST and emotional moments.
Jul 15, 2022 9:19 AM
Aug 2020
From here on out, Made in Abyss is going to get weirder. Hell a lot of interesting though! Anime watchers, if you cannot wait for next week already? The Manga is always there for you to check out and see what will happen further! I guarantee to read it! You'll be surprised by the difference of the size of the Turbinid Dragon in the manga compared to the anime adaptation ;)
Jul 15, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2010
Belafu said:
Casperkid15 said:

Reg's arm is attached to Riko's back. It never got reattached.

Ohhhh hahaha i thought they could just like glue it back on or something well as long as they just didn't leave it there XD
Jul 15, 2022 3:08 PM

May 2018
Sutured anuses yay.
Seriously, I really worry about author's mental health lol.
Jul 15, 2022 3:45 PM

Sep 2017
So they stayed all in the present this episode. Makes sense. I feel there is a still a bunch they need to tell in the present before they jump back to continue the flashback arc. It's been a while since I read the early chapters of the 6th layer arc, but I don't think there was anything obviously wrong or messed up. This was pretty good.

One of the things I noticed with the OP was the color of all the villages creatures (at least prominent ones that actually do something in the story). I feel I had a different image of their color palette in my head. I can't quite remember if they were every shown with color in the manga but it threw me off a little.
Jul 15, 2022 5:03 PM

May 2021
Very weak chapter, reminiscent of others from the 1st season, nothing big happened and we didnt get to see the flashback story, Riko got saved by 27th time, 3/10 episode. At least the OP and ED are better than the 1st season ones
Jul 16, 2022 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Riko sending the mail from the 6th layers had me confused. She is clearly confident there is a path for the mail to reach the surface but isn’t the 5th layer the sea? I’m not even sure what the area between the 5th and 6th layer looks like.

Also, Reg mentions that the mysterious building they are entering looks like a large carcass but it just looks like a large stem from outside. Is there a photo showing the full form of that structure?
Jul 16, 2022 9:55 AM

Mar 2015
The flora and the fauna of Layer Six has so far not disappointed. Absolutely gorgeous scenes.

...."HADIMAE....HADIMAE..." ..."SOSU!...sosu..." 😉
Jul 16, 2022 1:33 PM

May 2021
Ardi8 said:
Silymorn said:
Only 2 episodes are out. already 8.75 score. This is MAL for you guys.
And this have quite bad CGI, let's see this will have the fate SH S2 had or not
Its because nobody gives a fuck about the cgi lmfaoooo MIA clears your favs the OST alone clears your favs lmfao cry it'll only continue to rise
Jul 16, 2022 5:01 PM

Sep 2012
Gonna be so good to watch this arc without it taking YEARS like in the manga. That unregular release has me forgetting plot points as the story goes on.

ShanaFlame said:
Riko sending the mail from the 6th layers had me confused. She is clearly confident there is a path for the mail to reach the surface but isn’t the 5th layer the sea? I’m not even sure what the area between the 5th and 6th layer looks like.

The mail can cross the sea of corpses. It's very hard, which makes mail from 6th layer very rare, but it happens.
Jul 17, 2022 4:05 AM

Dec 2008
As much as I like Made in Abyss, this season already had a number of unappetizing things.

First Riko pooping in the "elevator" in episode 1, in this episode someone put hair in the bloody ass of a chicken and sewed it shut, I mean seriously wtf!? You don't get such ideas out of nowhere. Fortunately the setting is really interesting so I can ignore that the author is a pervert.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2022 7:21 AM
Oct 2019
TweedleDane said:
Only one question I want to ask before I watch the ep :

Is it safe to watch the op ? Is there a risk of getting spoiled ?

Maybe, it is full of spoilers, but without context most are meaningless shots.
Jul 17, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2015
What can i say. One of cutest show that exist
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 17, 2022 8:08 AM

Mar 2018
Boring ass episode. Nothing interests me besides the creatures in the end. And then Reg goes and spoils their mystery
Jul 17, 2022 10:58 AM

Dec 2017
Palme-Tree said:
'relevant to the story', technically it's season 1.5. Season 2 is a sequel to the film, not to season 1. The film is essentially eps 14-19 of Season 1, only with far superior production values

What I was saying is that the order is season 1 -> 3rd movie -> season 2, which I think is the same what you're telling me here.
Although I don't know what you mean by the film being eps 14-19 of season 1, since the 3rd movie didn't cover anything that we've already seen in season 1. Unless you're talking about one of the other two movies?
Jul 17, 2022 11:05 AM

Dec 2017
DoubleR said:
-Jiyuu- said:

Have you watched the third movie? It's the direct prequel to this season and absolutely relevant to the story. If you haven't already, definitely watch it!

I did watch it, I just forgot. I remember they fought the helmet guy and all and the kid there. Was she the one who transformed and if so who is the pink creature then?

Yeah, Prushka was the daughter of Bondrewd (helmet guy) that got stuffed into the cartridge and who then turned into the white stone that Riko is now carrying. Meinya is the flying animal and was Prushka's pet but is now accompanying Riko's group. The pink creature is Nanachi who went with Riko and Reg at the end of season 1, whose friend Mitty got turned into that blob thanks to Bondrewd that was terminated by Reg at the end of season 1.
Jul 17, 2022 12:18 PM
Oct 2021
Palme-Tree said:
Aritra_Choudhuri said:
id give it 4.9/5 . the animals the scenery were on point . the plot twist and suspense are killing me + the music is best .
the highlights of the episode are :
1) rikos letter scene
2) bridge scene
3) the theif

(spoiler) it'd have been flawless execpt for these 3 moments
1) the team escape from geo thermal vents didn't felt smooth at a moment they were running from volcanos next moment they are next to a water fall.
2) rikos panic for her White whistle wasn't properly shown (it was way too fast + no expression).
3) Majika's introduction the team should have shown a bit more uncomfort while meeting majika + majika coming out of the village and talking smooth & straightforward to the team is just a bit too rushed .

The nonchalant/inconsistent attitudes & reactions of the kids in the face mindblowing entities, is what really irks me about this series & this franchise in general.

The non-reaction to the colossal seahorse-dragon hybrid, and as you alluded to, the mild reaction to finding a city of demons inside of a gargantuan flesh tree, the entrance of which is adorned with human body parts, etc. Their reactions are somewhat more severe in the manga, but still not to where they should be, so that the audience can really feel the dread & awe of what they (we) are witnessing

I think that's a good example of well used plot convenience , what makes this series good is the awe , the child's eye view & nostalgia , it feels like being on some safari trip minus safety measures+ reserving the horrified expression till later on helps.
Now on why this works for audiences / most of the audience accepts it easily beacuse :-
1) character design :- makes it look less terrifying
2)they are kids + reg is an aubade
3) the Sol aesthetic kind of gives a false plot armour , the feeling of nothing bad can happen
Jul 17, 2022 1:48 PM
Jun 2022
DoubleR said:
Holy fuck that very ending was out of no where and caught me by surprise. Stuff is about to get dark.
It seems that the mechanical guy is at least aware of Prushka. But I can't remember exactly who is she, I thought she was Meinya (who I don't remember who is she either)

Prushka is introduced in the 3rd movie. It should be warched before this current season.
Jul 17, 2022 11:19 PM
Nov 2017
v well done ep. v excited to see the next ep.
Jul 18, 2022 6:23 AM
Jan 2022
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ.
Nextar1123Jul 18, 2022 7:04 AM
Jul 18, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2015
Oh God, that moving tentacle thingy is edible,😣. Any moving food post-cooked isn't for me.

An abbys stalker huh? Pretty hectic. Cant wait for the next.

Where's the story from the previous episode 🤔
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 18, 2022 8:04 PM

May 2021
I love how casually Reg saves his danger-prone idiot of a companion from falling down. That edible egg though ... I like chicken but certainly not one that can move after being cooked.

Wouldn't be surprised if all those strange CGI creatures were the people we were shown in the flashback. Its just MIA things.

New OP is fine but the ED is really good.

Jul 19, 2022 6:26 AM
Oct 2015
Amazing episode. Just one question: if Team Riku came from the 5th layer on that “elevator”, from where the explorers of Vuelko came, since they arrived by the sea? They were already at the 6th layer? Did I missed something?
Jul 19, 2022 7:06 AM

Mar 2020
danielpm said:
Amazing episode. Just one question: if Team Riku came from the 5th layer on that “elevator”, from where the explorers of Vuelko came, since they arrived by the sea? They were already at the 6th layer? Did I missed something?

They took the elevator too, it was in the middle of ancient temple that idofront was later build on, and the place where riko took a dump had a narehate with a white whistle sitting there.

all of that was shown in ep1 flashback, although rather quickly so you might have missed it or misunderstood it
Jul 19, 2022 7:08 AM
Oct 2015
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
danielpm said:

They took the elevator too, it was in the middle of ancient temple that idofront was later build on, and the place where riko took a dump had a narehate with a white whistle sitting there.

all of that was shown in ep1 flashback, although rather quickly so you might have missed it or misunderstood it

Thank you. I will rewatch it :D
Jul 20, 2022 7:16 AM

May 2020
Kind of a slow episode but okay, can't be a human if i want child abuse or blood shower every next episode.
Jul 20, 2022 3:40 PM
Aug 2018
LETS GO AMAZING EPISODE AND MYTH AND ROID DOES THE ENDING SONG BABY
Jul 20, 2022 5:02 PM
Mar 2019
Riko gets the runs again, will she ever learn??
Jul 21, 2022 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
Wow... what an episode. Both OP and ED were incredible. Also, the OST is so fucking beautiful. On top of that, the things appearing in front of them are getting creepier and more interesting. But, my God, I love Nanachi so much. She's so adorable and fluffy. And, her voice is so precious as well. LOL. Regu and Riko are adorable as well but as much as Nanachi. I hope they get Prushka back.
Jul 22, 2022 6:21 AM

Jul 2008
Fenryr19 said:
Gonna be so good to watch this arc without it taking YEARS like in the manga. That unregular release has me forgetting plot points as the story goes on.

ShanaFlame said:

The mail can cross the sea of corpses. It's very hard, which makes mail from 6th layer very rare, but it happens.
That would mean there is actually a large hole in the middle of the sea of corpses as well?
Jul 22, 2022 8:37 AM
Apr 2022
DoubleR said:
Holy fuck that very ending was out of no where and caught me by surprise. Stuff is about to get dark.
It seems that the mechanical guy is at least aware of Prushka. But I can't remember exactly who is she, I thought she was Meinya (who I don't remember who is she either)

u can rewatch the 3rd movie.. they 1st saw prushka in the old ritual site..
Jul 22, 2022 8:39 AM
Apr 2022
ShanaFlame said:
Fenryr19 said:

That would mean there is actually a large hole in the middle of the sea of corpses as well?

i was hoping that since it was literally a see.. then the balloon would float in the water.. passing through the corpses or bones then reaching the previous layer.. but yea too bad it was caught..
Jul 22, 2022 8:42 AM
Apr 2022
danielpm said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

Thank you. I will rewatch it :D

have you watched the 3rd movie? alot of things happened after they left Nanachi's house.. they went to the old ritual site etc.. that's where the "elevator" was.. and where they 1st met Prushka..
Jul 23, 2022 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, it is really nice to see these chapters animated. Also, oof. I hope Prushka the White Life Reverberating Whistle is safe, how dare they take it away from Riko without permission.
Jul 24, 2022 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
Imagine knowing that someone stuffed parts of your body hair inside a random small animal and sewn their butt shut...

Is it more disturbing for the body hair? or the animal's butt? LOL

___ ___ ___

yukihanahime09 said:
ShanaFlame said:

i was hoping that since it was literally a see.. then the balloon would float in the water.. passing through the corpses or bones then reaching the previous layer.. but yea too bad it was caught..

Well... there's a giant hole, as it's the same path the Sphere took to travel between 5th and 6th layer.

___ ___ ___

And looks like the truth about "never return" isn't actually cause they can't travel above.

But rather the curse changes their appearance to non-humans and can't be reversed.

(tho... I guess they also somehow can now live forever?) (it's been how long since the group we've saw in ep 1 til now?)
amlgJul 24, 2022 11:56 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 28, 2022 9:25 AM
Dec 2019
The scenery in this episode was beautiful. Also how is Riko going to stay human if people that leave lose their human form. This was a great episode can't wait to watch the next one.
Aug 2, 2022 12:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'ma bit repetitive at this point but I cannot help but say it. The world building is absolutely astonishing. I cannot think of any other tv series of the last two decades that has created such an immersive and belieavable world. Simply amazing.
Regardless of sawn butts or not, lol.
Edit: I get the feeling the inhabitants of the new village are going to be a violent lot.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 21, 2022 7:04 AM
May 2020
the 6th layer is very mesmerising. feels more calming compared to the other layers. that strange creature does seems suspicious
Aug 29, 2022 5:21 PM
Dec 2019
Interesting premise
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

248 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 13, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.