Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 2, 2011 4:41 AM

Sep 2008
I was severely disappointed that there was a huge lack of Zess throughout the 6 movies. I guess it makes sense that he sustained damage so he couldn't go into battle, but I'm still disappointed.

The ending was a little ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh? and the weapon Rygard had sure looked lame... everything just felt a little rushed for some reason. I guess I should start the manga some time. Either way, the 6 movies were a good watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2011 12:52 PM

Mar 2010
The ending is quite good. Overall I give 9/10 score with keeping each movie score personal :)
Its good to know Rygart 's litlle brother is safe, and he later then with his laugh. haha*
watched this at 3:30am though...*sleepy* xD
I serieslylike all the movies , and I hope a second season will be out soon either movies or episode series :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2011 3:29 AM

Dec 2009
I loved when Rygart "snapped", I think I might start reading the manga now ... 10/10
Aug 10, 2011 12:50 PM

Feb 2009
Hmm,maybe not as good as some of the previous parts but still very good. The music,at least,was awesome once again.
Overall,great series.Really enjoyable!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 10, 2011 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
i was liek...

when the ending credits popup...
Aug 11, 2011 1:04 PM

Nov 2008
The whole thing with that Chloe chick or whatever her name is was completely pointless. To think her resolve as a soldier would be shaken so much in such a short time by some nice chick is plainly moronic. But it should be expected - this is anime, after all. A little realism is never seems to be taken into consideration when developing a story it seems these days.
Aug 12, 2011 1:40 PM
Sep 2009
first few epps were ok, but last ones... horrible
Aug 14, 2011 11:17 PM

Dec 2007
Well that was a disappointing ending, the fight scenes weren't even that good.

The whole movie was just Rygart making his stupid screaming sounds
Aug 18, 2011 3:00 AM

Dec 2007
And I'm finally done with Gundam Delphine.I'm very proud I've somehow managed not to fall asleep during these excruciatingly long 6 movies because(except the beautiful backgrounds)they had nothing to offer in terms of story,action and characters.Everything was average and cliche.
Aug 22, 2011 12:04 AM
Dec 2007
Average ending. The build up in movie 2 to 4 has been excellent, so it's a but dissapointing to see movies 5 and 6 being so slow and going nowhere. Still a good amount of (not really necessary) fights.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 31, 2011 4:19 AM

Oct 2010
Since Break Blade isn't your average shounen super robot mecha anime, I interpret most of the events as being anti-war. Sure, Krisna survived the war and averted the prospect of immediate total conquest but they lost a lot in the process.

Same goes for Athens. No-one really escapes physically or emotionally unscathed. Zess walks in crutches from a (hopefully temporary) injury. Rygart has to change his personality in order to get the courage to fight and kill. Sigyn's stressed about Rygart staying alive and Hodr still doesn't want to be king.

Guess the open ending shows that a big war doesn't necessarily resolve anything.
Aug 31, 2011 3:56 PM

Aug 2008
^I agree with Deagle_zero, it might have been more fun if one of the sides ended up truly victorious and capable of solving everything by winning the war, but the overall atmosphere always transmitted an anti-war message.

Yet still... that last fight barely kept me awake, and that whole thing with the new weapon which Sigyn simply handed Rygarth in the middle of a fight with the most powerful enemy general...just... seriously D:

Well, at least for Gram, Girghe and mostly Kokia, the movies were nice.
Sep 5, 2011 12:27 AM

Sep 2010
Well, that was pleasing I'd say.
Sep 11, 2011 6:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
If they had the budget then they should have been faithful to the manga and adapted the first part of the story in 8 movies instead of 6. That would have been exactly enough to fully cover the manga version of the story.

So yea, the manga is still ongoing and the war is not over. However, I doubt there will be any movies in the future...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2011 8:03 PM
Nov 2008
Sesshoseki said:
Zero_sama said:
I seriously don't know what to make out of Rigart's little brother appearing out of nowhere at the end, plus Rygart laughing was really weird, and if you look at the faces of Sigyn and Hodr they are kinda depressed and down when Rygart was laughing at the end and then we get a fade out, credits roll. I personally didn't like the ending, they could have done much more instead of that.

Anyways first 4 movies where very entertaining and good, but the last 2 (5 and 6) failed to delivered and didn't stick to the formula the first 4 had. At least Break Blade had one of the best openings to have come out recently, and the BGM/Score was great. Overall it was entertaining but a big let down at the end.

Exactly what I though as up til 4 it kept to the original. But completely went off track for no apparent reason or trace of why they did that. Still wishing they animated the original end... If they had one, but I think they went with that ending for 5 and 6 due to the fact the manga wasn't complete?

My thoughts exactly. Why they had to deviate after 4 perfectly adapted movies to mess up the ending for the manga readers and create an overall inferior experience is beyond me. They could've just ended it with Krishna winning and not going into the whole Orlando business the manga follows now. Then, if they wanted to make a sequel they could've used flashbacks to explain what went on in politics while Rygart was kicking ass.
MalestelSep 22, 2011 8:06 PM
Oct 15, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
so even at the end, he doesnt end up with the queen???? wtf..., can this ending be any worst!!!! why did i waste my time on this.......
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 26, 2011 3:46 AM

Sep 2010
I wouldn't call this a "bad" end, but it certainly left a lot unanswered and left up to us, which I dislike. Last movie was surely the weakest of the 6 movies. The whole "What the fuck was I even fighting for" laugh he did in the end just was not the kind of ending I wanted. But it couldn't be helped I guess. Maybe I should read the manga.

Overall a good set of movies, I did enjoy it. Good music too. Kokia never fails to impress.

Hopefully they will do a epilogue or something, like what the Kara no Kyoukai movies did. I'd change my opinion if this was done.
Oct 29, 2011 7:13 AM

Oct 2009
-Quasar said:

Though I don't understand how Borcuse was defeated. In the final scene, he was shot on the leg part or something and I didn't know who did it. It wasn't Rygart cause all he did was throw that boomerang. It didn't look like it just broke or something.

Indeed, and they he just still there ''kill me''
Oct 29, 2011 7:04 PM

May 2008
it was good i guess 7/10

shall read the manga now probably since that ending wasn't satisfying enough
Oct 30, 2011 12:05 PM

Jul 2007
Awsome ending - "Broken blade" indeed. It show that war changes people, at least it has fucked up Raigard pretty good.
Nov 6, 2011 2:25 PM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
If they had the budget then they should have been faithful to the manga and adapted the first part of the story in 8 movies instead of 6. That would have been exactly enough to fully cover the manga version of the story.

So yea, the manga is still ongoing and the war is not over. However, I doubt there will be any movies in the future...
A man can always dream, right?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 5, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
even if the story is cliche, as long as the characters are likable and the animation is stunning beautiful. you will enjoy this anime. i know i did.

BUT i want more Rygart and Sigyn romance development. :(
Jan 5, 2012 2:33 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was totally amazing, only hardcore battles at all the time. For the sake of interestingness Nile and Logen survived and I'm happy about this. Most of Krisna's units sucks asses but when it comes down to elite soldiers they're probably better than even Athens. I disagree with the guys who say that the anime and this part specifically was poorly executed. I haven't read the manga but it was totally enjoyable stuff for me. I only disliked the ending in a way that it wasn't an actual ending despite I expected one. I'll score it nine for this, but I really expect more sequels to come. Else... Actually I can't really imagine anything besides more sequels :D

9/10 ep.
9/10 overall score ^__^.
Jan 5, 2012 3:20 PM
Dec 2009
lol.. the ending is ... such a joke..
well since im comparing it to the manga in how they ended with the fight with borcuse, its no wonder its a joke.. and his weapon was pretty lame.. oh well.. break blade is still entertaining.. especially 1-5..
tag©.androgynous
Jan 11, 2012 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
*Sigh*

I was fairly excited about this when I was watching episodes 1 through 5. Now I'm waiting until I get off work so that I can watch #6 but I just learned of the fact this is based on an ongoing manga so now I know it'll be just another frustrating disappointment in the end.

Engaging stories should NEVER be adapted into anime until they can be concluded in my opinion. Those reading the manga will be able to follow the story every time a chapter is released. Those getting hooked by the anime adaptation however will have to wait several years before being able to see how it continues, if they ever get to experience the continuation that is, which in this case seems quite unlikely but I'd love to be proven wrong.

As one who has zero interest in manga as a medium I'm getting sick and tired of this. I've tried to get into manga but I just can't force myself to enjoy it. I know that this is highly subjective, I'm just stating my personal opinion, but I find manga as a medium to be like the worst aspects of movies and the worst aspects of novels mixed together. The good things about movies and TV series are (though not limited to) stuff like, sound, voice acting and soundtracks that emphasize what's going on, not to mention what moving images do for a visual medium as long as it's properly handled. The good thing about novels is the fact that everything in terms of storytelling, character depth and development can be taken to a level that no other medium is even remotely close of being able to reach, which of course adds a lot of pressure on the writer as it's completely up to him or her to satisfy you as a reader.

I feel that manga as a medium doesn't have any of these strengths, it only has the weaknesses from both mediums; the lack of room for what I consider proper storytelling, development and character depth (from movies) as well as the lack of certain things such as voice acting, music, sound and the sheer emotional impact that moving images can have on you as a viewer in the hands of a capable director (from novels).

Crap, I didn't mean to go on a rant but in the end I guess I kind of did. It's just that I'm getting really tired of stumbling upon something with a fairly interesting set of characters and a decent story only to find out along the way that I probably won't get to see how it really ends without turning to what I personally think is a vastly inferior medium. Oh well... it was pretty entertaining to watch 1 through 5 while thinking that an actual conclusion would be reached, that I wouldn't be left with just a bunch of loose ends.

I know, I could have avoided the problem by checking whether it was based on an ongoing manga or not before I started watching. I always do that before watching a TV series but this time I didn't, partly due to the way it was distributed.
Jan 18, 2012 9:46 PM
Apr 2010
someone needs to talk to a mod or something and have the six "Movies" combined into a OVA listing or something
Jan 26, 2012 5:31 PM

Jul 2010
well, that was anti-climactic oh well.

Feb 1, 2012 9:58 PM

Sep 2008
I knew this movie wasn't going to tie everything up. Very glad it didn't, or it would have ended up being a horrible mess.

Awesome movie. I really want them to continue these movies since there is still so much more story to tell.
Feb 10, 2012 2:46 PM

Jun 2010
Deagle_zero said:
Since Break Blade isn't your average shounen super robot mecha anime, I interpret most of the events as being anti-war.

Break Blade is very average. Most "real robot" series are anti-war, sometimes very bluntly. This did a somewhat better job at having some subtlety on that angle at least.

I'd say that this is the only kind of show that Sunrise is capable of making, but it was based on a manga, after all. I guess it the fault of the author that it's so lacking in imagination (the ancient setting and magic robots aren't made use of at all) and is content to imitate Gundam with just a few refinements.
Mar 4, 2012 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
That was anti-climax and open ended. Overall, a very enjoyable movie set. Got me back to like watching mecha. Before I forgot, the OP is just so beautiful, animation is superb, nice chara designs, and with a good plot overall.
Mar 7, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2011
Well well... potential sequel??
Mar 14, 2012 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
Liked the movies overall. Too bad the ending was anti-climactic, now onto the manga....
Mar 25, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2009
I wish they had covered everything and answered all unanswered questions.
All six episodes were great and intense.
As soon as Regarz showed up, everything just became great and happy. :3
Apr 19, 2012 1:55 AM

Jul 2008
Pretty much agree with TEWG. They could easily add 3-4 movies to add more depth and fill some holes. I was expecting Zess to come back, i was expecting a REAL ending, like who really won?
I was expecting more plot twist. There's so much that could be done. :/
More answers regarding Rygart's "ability" or plot regarding he being the real descendent, not the magic-wielders.

I was a little disappointed with Sigyn's "gift" to Rygart - a shuriken? ... Was expecting a new robot/outer or inner frame / sword.
Apr 25, 2012 4:13 AM
Apr 2012
For me I still really don't get why Borcuse got out of his golem and tried to shoot Rygart in the end, and finally dies.
The part where his golem's leg or foot breaks, I think after these repetitive attacks of Rygart, the golem's parts set loose or breaks maybe? Or perhaps the weight of Delphine deals impact to his golem and caused the malfunction.
And back to what I said earlier, it's still unreasonable for him to commit suicide indirectly, getting outside of the golem shooting which is taking a high risk.
Well, that's just how I think, guess I'll need to read the manga to get an answer.

The fifth movie was alright for me, about what Grighe said, guess there's no much different from what he always say in previous scenes. Notice that Rygart brought up what General Baldr's words, accusing him and Grighe said the same thing. Guilty conscience in Grighe caused him to help Rygart to escape.

Plus, I really enjoyed how Nike was killed.
Sorry to bring up episode 5's event since I saw other talked about what was Grighe's last words.
Aug 4, 2012 10:28 PM

Sep 2009
....That's the end?
Aug 7, 2012 7:32 PM

Jan 2010
Lesson learned:

Winners write history books.

We don't have a real antagonist. One country thinks they are right. The other thinks they are wrong. In the end, it's fought over land. I think this series portrays how pointless war is and how warped history can be.

This quote sums it up pretty good.
"History is written by the victors." - Winston Churchill

The opening song is so beautiful.
Kan_BiiruAug 7, 2012 7:35 PM
Sep 29, 2012 10:28 PM

Apr 2010
woah WOah! they just dropped the married bomb out of no where!
zesse is MARRIED?! ... and with a child?! .....AND THEN IT'S THE END?!

care to explain?! anywayz i'm just very very surprised and sad that there's no sequel, i guess deep somewhere i kinda wanted to see some zess and sigyn moments ;p
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Nov 1, 2012 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
Not... really... sure... what just happened.

So thats the end? (waits for response) I guess thats the end then.

If someone knows that they are making more movies or if you can tell me how that Rygrat/Sigyn thing shakes out in the manga, send me a message please. Overall I enjoyed it but the story is unfinished!
NickyCharismaNov 29, 2012 9:33 AM
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Nov 29, 2012 6:26 AM

May 2012
I like the ending a lot imo, it contains many meaning in it. And the ending song too, go check the lyrics out .

I read the manga long before I watched the anime btw.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 2, 2012 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
Lots of mecha action I like.

Sucks that Borcuse had to die I sorta liked him too.

Zess's daughter is adorable too bad we didn't see his wife's face I bet she is smokin hot. xD

9/10 for the final movie.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 4, 2012 5:38 AM
Dec 2010
Great anime (movies) . E.g. i really liked that piloting mecha seemed believable. Machine got destroyed , pilots were crushed, sounds were really reminding me of heavy metal made machinery. Story was also interesting .. They practically reversed usual "boy has hidden power" and made "everyone except boy has a power"
However it was too short or incomplete. Seems like there were supposed to be another like 2-4 movies to get everything solved and explained. Maybe they'll add some sequel in future who knows..

Mod Edit: Merged into the existing thread.
greenmartyMay 4, 2013 3:56 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 11, 2012 9:51 PM

May 2012
The manga in the other hand was way better .

Reasons why I like Break Blade manga :
It show us what is the outcome of war, How war changed a person personality/attitude, the concept kill or be killed, Great main character progression, and no powerups/hacks/laser in the manga, just pure strategy, willpower and skills to win the battle

Reasons why I think break blade manga is better than the anime :
-Girge storyline destroyed,lack of explanation,even how he died and brought an impact to rygart was cancelled off too
-The final fight in krishna was ruined in the anime too. the strategy ''sacrifice'' was cancelled in the anime too, we didn't get to see some heroic deeds of the noble and the awesome strategy they put into
-The fight with borucuse was ruined too, Rygart was way better in the manga.
-The storyline/plot points were cut out in the anime.
-I'm fairly dissapointed in the anime except for the OST/songs/art.
-Cliffhanger +10000

But i found the ending of the anime to be quite good + the nice timing/lyrics of the ending song. THE LYRICS

'Every time I try to protect something...
...someone becomes a sacrifice.
Wondering for what I've been fighting for, my heart sighs in the silence.''
Broken Blade
''I'll believe, for now, that the future is something worth thinking about.
I had escaped from it to protect a single love.
I'll believe that there was meaning to everything...''
FALLOUT4Dec 11, 2012 9:57 PM
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 15, 2012 6:15 PM

May 2008
MOAR .... I NEED MOAR!

8/10
Jan 14, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2009
Now that's desperate urban warfare. Complete with bitter house-to-house fighting and long duels between the better skilled personnel. Good if they were aiming for a drawn-out final battle, but detrimental to just about everything else. The huge fuuma shuriken that Sigyn ordered made for Rygart to use was certainly an unexpected weapon. I was expecting something like an armor upgrade or a new sword, though.

As expected by others, though one last movie just isn't enough to tie up all the loose ends of the story. The romantic subplot is left hanging, the war plot is unresolved, the friends' story unfinished. Also, the show took pains to present Zess and Cleo as important characters in the early half, but in the second half they just... lost relevance. In the end, Hodr didn't do anything that important either.

I guess the point of it all was best summarized in the words carved into the Broken Blade. It's all about fighting against destiny, overcoming the odds. That they did with Rygart. Still, I would have liked everything concluded neatly. Needs a sequel to tie up the loose ends, the series had approximately one cour worth of total screentime.

The series was fairly enjoyable overall, but memorable? Maybe not. Time will tell for me. Maybe I should check out the manga for a continuation.
Apr 2, 2013 11:39 AM

Aug 2012
Well that was a unsatisfying ending, too many loss ends. Overrall I found this anime to be great, I haven't read the manga so I can't compare them to each other tho~
Apr 7, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2010
WHAT ENDING? Nothing happened. Where the hell did the little brother come from? No resolution between the queen and the MC.

No Girge either, a worthless a ending.

6/10
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 3, 2013 12:38 PM
Aug 2011
That ending though whattttttttttttttttttttttttt?
Rygart jumped on the cray cray train!
That laughter and those faces at the end weren't normal.

>brother comes out of nowhere
>basically tells Rygart to screw himself
>walks away
>random crazy laughter

I kinda stopped paying attention at times because there was lots of mecha action and there's only so much of it I can take. Never been one of my strongest genres.

Anyway the only thing I can make out of this is that this movie was worse than the other 5 but i'll still give it a 6 like I did to most of the others.
The ending was amusing that's for sure.
standMay 3, 2013 12:45 PM
Aug 12, 2013 8:27 AM

Dec 2008
I don't think he went crazy. More so, the realization of all that he did hit him hard when his brother rejected him.

Honestly, this was rather unsatisfying. Gave 1-5 an 8/10. This one gets a 7. I do hope they continue one day as that ending was rather...bland and lacking.
Aug 26, 2013 1:18 PM

Aug 2010
Good film with a bad ending, I would say.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» most likely a different end...?

Xawddre - Apr 10, 2011

23 by NwAurion »»
Oct 14, 2012 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.