Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2021 2:43 AM
Apr 2018
PaninaManina said:
Someone pointed this on a comment on YT, Lu Guang "death" was foreshadowed in the opening:

ok what the fuckk?!
Aug 7, 2021 3:23 AM

Apr 2010
hwangjaeyeol said:
PaninaManina said:
Someone pointed this on a comment on YT, Lu Guang "death" was foreshadowed in the opening:

ok what the fuckk?!

how is this foreshadowing death ?
Aug 7, 2021 5:21 AM
Apr 2018
h33r said:
hwangjaeyeol said:

ok what the fuckk?!

how is this foreshadowing death ?

that thing looks like a halo above his head. idk what's it supposed to be, a roundabout?
Aug 7, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2021
PaninaManina said:

What I think is that the writer is trying to confuse us here. Link click has many hints and foreshadowing but they are hidden under disguises like this. I ofc might be wrong here.
As for lu Guang dying, I don't see any 'benefit' to the plot by doing that. Death is a node that can't be changed. This has been repeated again and again throughout the episodes.
It will just get more complicated with his death. Worse he'll go in a comatose state.
But again, this is just my conjecture.
Aug 8, 2021 9:36 AM

Apr 2010
EverlastingChaos said:
PaninaManina said:

What I think is that the writer is trying to confuse us here. Link click has many hints and foreshadowing but they are hidden under disguises like this. I ofc might be wrong here.
As for lu Guang dying, I don't see any 'benefit' to the plot by doing that. Death is a node that can't be changed. This has been repeated again and again throughout the episodes.
It will just get more complicated with his death. Worse he'll go in a comatose state.

Maybe he will recover in first few episodes.

I also think its a roundabout..not a halo
Aug 8, 2021 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
Goddamn the ending was so exciting. I knew it there had to be another person with a supernatural ability.

It was heartbreaking that Emma died though, after that speech and the colorful montage I expected her to be saved, even though as Lu Guang said, the node of death cannot be changed T_T Seeing her regain consciousness as she was falling was so sad man, she had decided to keep living instead of jumping.

And I hope my boy Lu Guang will be saved after that stab wound wtffff. Needless to say cant wait for s2, the wait is gonna be long but i am sure it will be worth it <33
Aug 8, 2021 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
PaninaManina said:

Yeah I was expecting something to happen to him after noticing that in the OP. But man, I didn't think that this Chinese anime was gonna live up to the hype.
Aug 8, 2021 2:03 PM

Mar 2008
EverlastingChaos said:
PaninaManina said:

"Dead Humans" don't actually have halos, right?
Except, I think, if they're in some sort of "limbo", in transition (like Haibane Renmei).
So, while Lu's body may be dead, his soul is still here and can be reached.
Aug 11, 2021 8:21 AM
May 2014
finally finished watching this series, I think the current score is a bit overhyped, I give it a solid 8 (but a 10/10 excitement/enjoyment), but many things I feel mixed and nitpicked.

nickzz235Aug 11, 2021 3:56 PM
Aug 11, 2021 4:05 PM

Mar 2019
Beautifully crafted story with fantastic twists and thrilling moments, as well as perfectly executed emotional moments with build up that will have you care for characters you've only known for a few episodes. Not to mention, the way emotion is conveyed through the actions and facial expressions of the characters is superb.

I cannot emphasize enough just how excited I am for a season 2. I truly hope the momentum of this series keeps up until the very end.

10/10
Aug 11, 2021 4:13 PM

Apr 2020
Looks like it's one of those that deserve it's high score. 9/10
A few episodes were a bit weaker that's why I can't give it a 10/10. Hoping the S2 is even better.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 15, 2021 11:59 AM
Jun 2021
This is better than Steins;Gate, a lot more mature and realistic. Especially for the story and characters.
Aug 17, 2021 8:23 AM
Jun 2021
It was definitely a interesting episode! Especially the ending!!
Aug 17, 2021 11:46 PM

May 2013
Holy shit what an ending. Lots of turns this took.

Can't wait for a S2.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Aug 18, 2021 1:00 AM

Nov 2020
For god fking sake give me S2. I need answers I NEED ANSWERSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Anyways a really good show. It peaked at the Basketball arc for me. 8/10.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Aug 18, 2021 4:19 AM

Mar 2016
why did it not occur to me that they are not the only ones that can go in the photos and go back in time...? that was the most shocked i've ever been in a show. 10/10
semi-casual.
Aug 19, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2017
HOLY SHIT the score this rose to though. Well deserved!
Aug 19, 2021 5:53 PM

Mar 2008
vatown said:
why did it not occur to me that they are not the only ones that can go in the photos and go back in time...? that was the most shocked i've ever been in a show. 10/10

As far as we know they're the only ones that can enter photos, it's not clear if the killer did the same (controlling people by the same trick).
Aug 24, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2014
No, you can't do this to me! Noooooooooooooooo

On that note, it's really hard to have any final thoughts on something that literally ended at a climax point. I did enjoy all the previous cases though, I really want to know how this ends now...
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 24, 2021 4:53 PM

Jun 2015
This series sure likes to put multiple flashbacks of things that happened in the previous episode or even in the same episode not once but multiple times, as help to put two things together and make a simple 1+1 correlation. I'd appreciate it if it didn't take the audience as stupid. And while it does that, it still leaves some things unnecessarily vague because muh time travel.

In that regard the nature of the antagonist power seems to not be time-related, since when he manipulates Emma he says something about not being aware of a witness. Ever since the first episode you could make an educated guess that that blonde dude would reappear, and that Emma's story wouldn't be a stand-alone, because that ending of hers dying would be way too gratuitous otherwise. So it's a lingering suspicion that that would be the main plot, which indeed turns out to be the case, but using it as the major cliffhanger between this entry and a potential sequel does detract value from this one as a stand-alone title, particularly considering the genre.

Either way my major gripe is not being able to appreciate the prefabricated melodrama in nearly every episode. It tries too hard to be manipulative with similar build-ups around family drama or loss, even the natural disaster part (which is a big one to hide from the audience until it's convenient). Perhaps one less case and using that time to flesh out our main three characters in some other way would've helped, but then again the very few slice of life-type scenes between them had some awkward comedic placement, so it'd most likely been counterproductive as well.
Aug 24, 2021 5:48 PM

Jun 2012
Why in the last episode did they changed the future when their friend was going t be killed in the apartment? Wasn't that forbidden, why did Lu(white hair dude) went alng with that?
Aug 24, 2021 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
Snaita said:
Why in the last episode did they changed the future when their friend was going t be killed in the apartment? Wasn't that forbidden, why did Lu(white hair dude) went alng with that?
Because of the message of the killer earlier that morning saying he'd meet up with them, he deduced they're already in a modified timeline in which he entered and challenged him like that. Actually so far no matter what he does it seems like those things were always meant to be, rendering his ability to actually change things useless so far in the story. And it's not like they didn't tease into the potential effects of those things, like with the cliffhanger of winning the basketball game or the cliffhanger of him running into Ling Qiao in the past.

Other times is just peak convenience, like making the kidnapper take care of the kid for 3 entire years in complete secrecy only because the kid needed to be gone for 3 years for the timeline to not be disrupted. Hard to believe no domino effects start from there, or that a mentally unstable kidnapper would magically fulfil her word perfectly for that long.
UnowenAug 24, 2021 6:08 PM
Aug 24, 2021 6:46 PM

Jun 2012
Unowen said:
Snaita said:
Because of the message of the killer earlier that morning saying he'd meet up with them, he deduced they're already in a modified timeline in which he entered and challenged him like that. Actually so far no matter what he does it seems like those things were always meant to be, rendering his ability to actually change things useless so far in the story. And it's not like they didn't tease into the potential effects of those things, like with the cliffhanger of winning the basketball game or the cliffhanger of him running into Ling Qiao in the past.

Other times is just peak convenience, like making the kidnapper take care of the kid for 3 entire years in complete secrecy only because the kid needed to be gone for 3 years for the timeline to not be disrupted. Hard to believe no domino effects start from there, or that a mentally unstable kidnapper would magically fulfil her word perfectly for that long.

Oh ok, I get it, forgot that thing about the message they received of the challenge. Me too, the kdnapper thing was pretty weird... might as well return the kid, but I suppose that would go against the theory of the inability to change the past outcome.
Aug 25, 2021 12:26 AM
Aug 2021
Oyashka said:
I didn't understand how the guys sent the suspect a hint to find a photo studio. The subtitles said it was done with Emma's phone, but I think it's a mistake because she threw her phone off the bridge. Who understood how they did it?

It was through the photo which that girl who was their lover friend took.
Aug 28, 2021 10:31 AM
Jul 2021
NAH WHAT JUST HAPPENED, looks like season 2 is 100% gonnah be a thing
Sep 1, 2021 4:24 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
WHAT?! I-i... wow what an unexpected finale. Towards the end I was having this nagging feeling that they were gonna miss the explanation of how Emma would die in order to not change the present. Turns out they didn’t and in a really unexpected way made the real antagonist show up for the definitive cliffhanger towards the next season.

Gotta say, I don't know how those who watched it weekly waited patiently for the next episode. The number of cliffhangers should be illegal and the way each story was conveyed was really something else. Though I may have not empathized as much as other people with all the characters, I felt pretty emotional by the end of each story and just couldn't stop watching.

Where this show really delivered is the presentation. Both animation and soundtrack were right on the money for each scene and both the opening and ending sequences. I honestly can’t decide on which one I prefer the most since the former has better animation while the latter gave me an ironic earworm considering its title.

All in all, a very solid recommendation and I'm looking forward to seeing what will come of season 2.

PS: Don’t worry about the voice acting and the names in case this is your first donghua, as was my case. It may throw you off at the beginning but it’s easy to get used to them.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 1, 2021 7:39 PM

Oct 2020
Masterpiece, s2 should be 11/10, hope s2 will be like s1 and even better. Masterpiece again
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Sep 9, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2021
Of course it would end with a cliffhanger I’m definitely looking forward to season 2 but until then we’ll wait
Sep 15, 2021 7:47 AM
Jul 2019
Wha— what the hell was that ending? I was expecting some twist to happen because plot was too simple but I didn't expect that kind of shit to happen. We were left wondering why they have powers while others don't and it looks like we have another one. There's more to this than meets the eye. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

Probably the best show of the season. Very refreshing. Easy 9.5/10.
Sep 15, 2021 7:47 AM
Jul 2019
Wha— what the hell was that ending? I was expecting some twist to happen because plot was too simple but I didn't expect that kind of shit to happen. We were left wondering why they have powers while others don't and it looks like we have another one. There's more to this than meets the eye. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

Probably the best show of the season. Very refreshing. Easy 9.5/10.
Sep 15, 2021 12:33 PM

May 2018
What the fuck is going on here?! Wow! Emma wasn't as innocent as I thought. She accepted the dirty money. So, is Liu paralyzed because of the car accident he had with Emma? Was his desire for revenge so strong that he created a powerful alter ego?

The game has been reset. Please don't let Lu Guang die!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 16, 2021 7:23 PM

Feb 2014
I mean, there was not reason to think they would be the only ones with superpowers.
And yeah, someone who can control others is defo a scary opponent.

RIP Emma.
Sep 19, 2021 8:33 AM

Jan 2018
I'm quite confuse... was there an episode of this old guy?

Sep 21, 2021 6:01 PM

May 2017
oh hell NAH what an episode.

I was thinking how was Liu Min able to commit these crimes when he was paralyzed all this time? Xiaoshi mentioned a different timeline being created because of them jumping back in time and changing things or maybe Liu Min was also able to go back in time to change his own future in order for him to not be charged for the crimes he got caught on, I don't fucking know.. but the idea that he was just possessed by another person never crossed my mind.

Crazy good episode. The scene where Xiaoshi constantly jumped back and forth in time during the fight was wild. The expressive animation in the Emma scene was brilliant.

Why did they show the different scenes of Xiaoshi at the end? The basketball match where he said "Why do my glasses make my eyes worse" I feel like the show is trying to tell me that the red eyed villain had something to do with these events. I'm not sure though, can anyone help?

Sep 21, 2021 7:15 PM

Dec 2020
Touch_Me-sama said:

this is from an extra filler-like episode, it has its own respective listing on mal as a side-story! it's basically called ep 5.5, but it took place before the earthquake client
Sep 21, 2021 7:18 PM

Dec 2020
shayed__ said:

I was thinking how was Liu Min able to commit these crimes when he was paralyzed all this time? Xiaoshi mentioned a different timeline being created because of them jumping back in time and changing things or maybe Liu Min was also able to go back in time to change his own future in order for him to not be charged for the crimes he got caught on, I don't fucking know.. but the idea that he was just possessed by another person never crossed my mind.

Crazy good episode. The scene where Xiaoshi constantly jumped back and forth in time during the fight was wild. The expressive animation in the Emma scene was brilliant.

Why did they show the different scenes of Xiaoshi at the end? The basketball match where he said "Why do my glasses make my eyes worse" I feel like the show is trying to tell me that the red eyed villain had something to do with these events. I'm not sure though, can anyone help?

it's as you previously said! the reasoning why we had a flashback scene to previous clients that xiaoshi possessed (basketball guy and the kidnapped kid) was to show that if one were to possess another person, then the possessors power will carry over. for those specific scenes, xiaoshi took off the dudes glasses because he could see perfectly fine without them and the kid punching the child kidnapper with xiaoshi's adult strength! it ties into how this unknown red-eyed possessor (with similar powers to xiaoshi) took over liu min and made him temporarily able-bodied
Sep 21, 2021 7:46 PM

Jan 2018
soughtflower said:
Touch_Me-sama said:

this is from an extra filler-like episode, it has its own respective listing on mal as a side-story! it's basically called ep 5.5, but it took place before the earthquake client

Thanks I thought that was just a recap episode
Sep 21, 2021 10:00 PM

May 2017
soughtflower said:
shayed__ said:

it's as you previously said! the reasoning why we had a flashback scene to previous clients that xiaoshi possessed (basketball guy and the kidnapped kid) was to show that if one were to possess another person, then the possessors power will carry over. for those specific scenes, xiaoshi took off the dudes glasses because he could see perfectly fine without them and the kid punching the child kidnapper with xiaoshi's adult strength! it ties into how this unknown red-eyed possessor (with similar powers to xiaoshi) took over liu min and made him temporarily able-bodied

oh okay that makes sense thank you very much
Sep 22, 2021 2:32 PM

Nov 2019
I'm completely speechless about this animation and with this episode? It's a MASTERPIECE! Always keeping in hold with so many plot twists you would never EVER find out.
Sep 27, 2021 6:42 PM
May 2019
One of the best anime i've seen lately ♥
Can't wait for a S2.
9/10
Sep 28, 2021 11:32 PM
Dec 2019
Lmao holy fucking shit euphemia moment flashbacks
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Oct 4, 2021 11:15 AM
Apr 2021
I have watched this TV series Forever, which is not similar at all but its cliffhanger was also to introduce an antagonist with similar power to the main guy's. That is why I was kinda expecting that cliffhanger but damn I really thought Emma will be saved for a second :( Not to mention Lu Guang might die. I hope not but still.... Probably he will be severely wounded.

Is there any info on when the second season might air?

Oct 4, 2021 12:05 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
This is by far one of the greatest shows of all time.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Oct 16, 2021 6:57 AM

Dec 2016
I knew there would be a villain of a similar skill but damn, I am still caught by surprise. That cliffhanger is so painful and you only have the donghua as the source!
Oct 19, 2021 2:00 AM
Aug 2021
im so hyped for season 2
Oct 26, 2021 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
Just finished watching it and... HOLY SHIT! This show is crazy good!!! Definitely one of the best of this year! I need the second season NOW!
Oct 26, 2021 9:44 PM
May 2021
Damm that was such a cliff hanger can't wait of 2nd season
Oct 28, 2021 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful show and another addition to my favorites list. I know how they wrapped things up really well with this.
Nov 12, 2021 4:50 PM

Jun 2019
I spent the last 5 minutes or so crying to then having my jaw open at the cliffhanger. What an amazing show! I loved every minute of it and can't wait for season 2.
Nov 16, 2021 3:43 PM

Jan 2021
OMG THAT CLIFFHANGER

thats makes 2 anime this year with cliffhangers

cant wait for season 2
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

173 by erturko »»
Sep 23, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

160 by fakku48 »»
Aug 18, 7:26 AM

» For anyone who hasn't yet seen this show and is about to watch it in Japanese Dub

kizumi91 - May 3, 2022

25 by Sera_m0613 »»
Aug 7, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jul 1, 2021

92 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jul 30, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 24, 2021

81 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jul 30, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.