Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 2, 2021 4:36 AM
Apr 2021
alex_foss689 said:
KingCanute said:
This thread is filled with zoomers that can't wait to coomsume everything at the maximum speed and forget the next day, what has MAL become...
This dude pressed that people get to watch their show faster than he did.
ikr niggas mad bc we got 12 episodes all at once instead of it being released weekly, this whole thread is a clown thread too cause homie is making it seem like Stone Ocean is completely ruined or some shit LMAO niggas stay hating when something is popular just like how ppl are hating on Ranking of KingsπŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Dec 2, 2021 4:46 AM
May 2017
Treyv0n said:
alex_foss689 said:
ikr niggas mad bc we got 12 episodes all at once instead of it being released weekly, this whole thread is a clown thread too cause homie is making it seem like Stone Ocean is completely ruined or some shit LMAO niggas stay hating when something is popular just like how ppl are hating on Ranking of KingsπŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

If you had paid attention they're all so complaining about scene and dialogue getting cut from the Anime even though DP don't do this much cutting. They also argue about lot more still animation than usual.
Dec 2, 2021 4:47 AM
Nov 2021
GGPoke said:
As someone who doesn't care about watching shows weekly, I don't really care about it tbh. It's more fun for me to binge chunks with my gf than watching one ep a week and then doing nothing. And I also never care about seasonal stuff to begin with, I just watch what interests me. If it's seasonal then I may watch it as it airs week to week, but I also might just wait until another time to. Either way, Netflix didn't ruin SO in any way by releasing it in chunks. I get that you might like the weekly experience of it more, since I also like the weekly experience of shows like AoT, but it's not a bad thing that it isn't weekly, just different from how it was.
actually the point is bad schedule results in bland animation even if most talented staff is on board that's why i made this post we can clearly see the effect of bad schedule on animation it is not as good compared to previous seasons
Crcaker69420Dec 2, 2021 5:11 AM
Dec 2, 2021 4:48 AM
Nov 2021
Hentai_heaven said:
almightybismarck said:

No, they have a say in the airing schedule. People have argue this airing is much profitable. Thus might effect the end product.
correct me if I'm wrong .I dont think licensor has anything to do with schedule,just like crunchyroll.unless they're in production committee
Netflix is in production comitee with warner bros i think
Dec 2, 2021 4:50 AM
Nov 2021
LiamLeine said:
How? They release half and wait like 20 days and release the next half. What's so sitty about that scedule??
im not talking about release schedule I'm talking about time given to animatiors for animating stuff if they relased eps on weekly basis there was chance that the final product will be way better than what it currently is sorry for any grammatical errors
Dec 2, 2021 4:51 AM
Nov 2021
Treyv0n said:
alex_foss689 said:
please bother reading the Twitter thread i linked
Dec 2, 2021 5:03 AM

Dec 2019
The twitter link isn't even about Netflix though? It's about David Production's internal issues.
Dec 2, 2021 5:05 AM
Nov 2021
xCorvus96 said:
Crcaker69420 said:
Netflix really should stay away from producing anime they gave this show a really reatrded schedule the very talented director had to rush through everything they are having and 5 animations directors per ep and tons of 2nd key animation which is just ridiculous here is a bit of insight from kvin the guy who writes article at sakugablog https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1466177776059400193?s=19
netflix bought the rights to have it be released on their platform, they have nothing to do with all that, they simply release it the way it was done by the animation studio - david production.
bruh you have no knowledge about how stuff works in the industry studio have to comply with the deadlines decided by producers time constraints can heavily affect output of animators
Dec 2, 2021 5:08 AM
Nov 2021
Xendr said:
Useless thread imo
Netflix doesn't handle production. The quality is just as good as the previous adaptations. If you have a problem with binge watching, just pace yourself however you want, one episode a week, or whatever. First world problems man
netfilx do plays a role in deciding schedule which affects production a lot
Dec 2, 2021 5:17 AM
Nov 2021
Shozaro said:
The twitter link isn't even about Netflix though? It's about David Production's internal issues.
notice the word silly streaming demands
Dec 2, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
almightybismarck said:
GGPoke said:
As someone who doesn't care about watching shows weekly, I don't really care about it tbh. It's more fun for me to binge chunks with my gf than watching one ep a week and then doing nothing. And I also never care about seasonal stuff to begin with, I just watch what interests me. If it's seasonal then I may watch it as it airs week to week, but I also might just wait until another time to. Either way, Netflix didn't ruin SO in any way by releasing it in chunks. I get that you might like the weekly experience of it more, since I also like the weekly experience of shows like AoT, but it's not a bad thing that it isn't weekly, just different from how it was.

But this method of their applies to rest Anime as well. Imagine if 10 Anime will air weekly for the next 24 week. They will wait until 12 have been aired then wait another 12 weeks to release the second half.

So, for 10 weeks we have no new Anime. They only had older shows that they don't have which many might have already watched.

I already do that with them lmao, it doesn't phase me
Dec 2, 2021 6:30 AM

Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
Uh oh, yeah. Netflix ain't gonna stop even if they read your comment.
Anyways, if Netflix is gonna handle Steel Ball Run then I'm 90% sure it's gonna end up like Berserk 2016

That's the overexaggeration of the century, tbh.
Dec 2, 2021 6:33 AM

Apr 2021
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:

Are you sure it's even being ruined in the first place? I've watched 4 episodes of a JoJo that is on par with all the previous series. Better in some regards, actually, since it doesn't have a shoestring budget like it did in the first season.

Just seems to me like more of Twitter crying over self-constructed issues.
I've watched all 12 episodes and I can confirm the production quality is not on par with the previous seasons. There were many still scenes and animation wasn't stable.

Have you ever actually watched any previous seasons? Because literally every part in the anime has that.
Dec 2, 2021 6:50 AM

Nov 2019
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:

Are you sure it's even being ruined in the first place? I've watched 4 episodes of a JoJo that is on par with all the previous series. Better in some regards, actually, since it doesn't have a shoestring budget like it did in the first season.

Just seems to me like more of Twitter crying over self-constructed issues.
I've watched all 12 episodes and I can confirm the production quality is not on par with the previous seasons. There were many still scenes and animation wasn't stable.
Idk if you have read the manga but those still shots were fanservicy type of callbacks to manga panels like when Jolyne ran on the water which I loved personally.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Dec 2, 2021 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
Copious amounts of misinformation, terrible takes and bad grammar in this thread. Users spouting bullshit that you can debunk with a quick internet search or by thinking for more than three consecutive seconds left and right.

That said, as inconsequential as Netflix is in the grand scheme of things (the remaining episodes will probably go back to following the Japanese broadcast schedule in 2022), fuck them and their subscribers right in the ear.
あγͺたはθͺ°οΌŸ
Dec 2, 2021 7:36 AM
Nov 2019
T
Scordolo said:
Uh oh, yeah. Netflix ain't gonna stop even if they read your comment.
Anyways, if Netflix is gonna handle Steel Ball Run then I'm 90% sure it's gonna end up like Berserk 2016
Thinking abt this scares me so much
Dec 2, 2021 8:07 AM
Nov 2021
backdoornight said:
Copious amounts of misinformation, terrible takes and bad grammar in this thread. Users spouting bullshit that you can debunk with a quick internet search or by thinking for more than three consecutive seconds left and right.

That said, as inconsequential as Netflix is in the grand scheme of things (the remaining episodes will probably go back to following the Japanese broadcast schedule in 2022), fuck them and their subscribers right in the ear.
what are you trying to imply by this mister you can clearly see in the tweet he said director have to rush things cause of silly streaming demans so please can you bother to "debunk" stuff
Dec 2, 2021 9:06 AM

May 2015
So many Netflix shills in here xD

Dec 2, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2020
I'd have to agree that weekly is better. Though, I do see why some people might like to have it all out at once.
Dec 2, 2021 11:30 AM
May 2010
I have no issue with this release. Animation seems fine, and the release schedule doesnt bother me in the slightest.
Dec 2, 2021 12:21 PM
Oct 2019
I actually wait for the animes to finish airing or atleast pile up decent chunk of episodes and then i watch them all at once.
I don't like this weekly 16 min bullsh*!
I can watch 12 ep now, good job Netflix.
Every other anime publisher should learn from Netflix lol.
Dec 2, 2021 12:47 PM

Jun 2020
It would've been cool to experience JoJo fridays for the first time, but then again I like to binge shows way more than wait weekly so I'm cool with this.

This is a really good adaptation and that's all I care about in the end.
Dec 2, 2021 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched the part 6 anime nor do I use Netflix, still I feel as if Netflix and binging culture in general is ruining a bit of my enjoyment of newly releasing media. I just really dislike the idea of releasing a series all at once, isn't part of what makes watching a new series fun being able to watch it episode by episode as it releases?
Dec 2, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
Is it 12 episodes every month or every 3 months?
Dec 2, 2021 3:30 PM

Jul 2014
Cant believe so many people denying the obvious fact that is: Stone Ocean: Netflix ver. is LOW quality compared to Golden Wind. I'm an all-time JoJo fan, I aint a hater of Netflix either, but SHIT. I watched 4 eps with a friend today, both of us waited years for this shit, and both were demoralized. Should this happen to Konosuba S03 or the eternal "next Overlord season", I'd feel there's no hope in mankind.
Dec 2, 2021 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
MegamiRem said:
Mattinator95 said:

Other seasons have had stiff animation and still scenes
I watched the first four seasons long ago so I dun remember em clearly but it hasn't been that long since Golden Wind aired and I dun remember the stiff animation/still scenes bothering me this much.

At least there's one or two actual honest observers gibbin opinions... man.
Dec 2, 2021 4:10 PM

Aug 2017
Can't wait to start with Part 1.

KingCanute said:
This thread is filled with zoomers that can't wait to coomsume everything at the maximum speed and forget the next day, what has MAL become...

But 1998 borns are zoomers too :d
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 2, 2021 6:32 PM

Jul 2021
well, Netflix is shit and always will be. they have made only 2 above average shows and that's it. the only reason they're popular is because they buy the rights to everything not because of anything they make (besides squid game and stranger things)

Dec 2, 2021 6:47 PM

May 2009
ZetaSoujiro said:
Cant believe so many people denying the obvious fact that is: Stone Ocean: Netflix ver. is LOW quality compared to Golden Wind. I'm an all-time JoJo fan, I aint a hater of Netflix either, but SHIT. I watched 4 eps with a friend today, both of us waited years for this shit, and both were demoralized. Should this happen to Konosuba S03 or the eternal "next Overlord season", I'd feel there's no hope in mankind.

Seriously, WHAT is different about the production value I geniunly wonder. This part is so well animated, the whole manhattan transfer fight was perfectly done. The stand disc being stole from Jotaro was amazing. WHAT exactly is bad?
Dec 2, 2021 7:56 PM

Sep 2018
yeah i definitely miss jojo fridays and the anticipation and hype every week but i don't mind this schedule either

the sun is my enemy,
but the moon has
been good to me
Dec 2, 2021 7:59 PM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
ZetaSoujiro said:

Seriously, WHAT is different about the production value I geniunly wonder. This part is so well animated, the whole manhattan transfer fight was perfectly done. The stand disc being stole from Jotaro was amazing. WHAT exactly is bad?
lack of inspired storyboards and fun quriky animation which defined jojo kato the series director has storyboarded really nice sequences previously but this time it all feels like yeah they are just trying to animate stuff (which is still not that good compared to prev seasons) instead of doing crafty and inspired storyboarding which works even with very limited animation which we've seen in previous seasons
Dec 2, 2021 8:03 PM
Nov 2021
Bakemon232 said:
I actually wait for the animes to finish airing or atleast pile up decent chunk of episodes and then i watch them all at once.
I don't like this weekly 16 min bullsh*!
I can watch 12 ep now, good job Netflix.
Every other anime publisher should learn from Netflix lol.
working in this shitty schedule many animators prolly have to work for hours and get a sleep of 4 hours at best at their animation desk looks like you love animators working in sweat shop like conditions didn't you
Dec 2, 2021 8:04 PM
Nov 2021
shqdy said:
It would've been cool to experience JoJo fridays for the first time, but then again I like to binge shows way more than wait weekly so I'm cool with this.

This is a really good adaptation and that's all I care about in the end.
i will say that certainly adaptation is far from bad but still jojo desrves better
Dec 2, 2021 8:15 PM

Oct 2017
People are getting too hung up on weekly release vs releasing 12 episodes at once which is not really the crux of the issue that's being laid out in that Twitter post.

You have a pre-production phase that is to short
You have a studio that is on the smaller end in regards to employees
You have a studio in some amount of upheavel since the President stepped down as he assigned staff to every project. Now you have multiple people filling that role some of which are not very experienced.
You have a studio working on multiple projects with the problems above.
You have a deadline to meet that's agreed upon between Netflix and the Production Committe, that even if you wanted to move back, it would mean working longer for the same amount.

And a myriad of other things that go into production meltdowns and issue's. David Production has handled this better then companies that work with aniplex have lately, but it's certainly not the ideal situation for them and there will be many, many corrections in the bluray.
Dec 2, 2021 8:25 PM
Jan 2017
It's astounding how many people really think it's normal for a studio to have 12 episodes completed of a 2/3 cour anime at the time of airing. There is a reason why 99% anime releases weekly. Now I'm not saying the first cour looks bad at all, it's actually much better than I expected. The reason... well we will get to see that when the next batch drops xD.

https://twitter.com/PurpleGeth/status/1466133061821685763?t=QuvYj_wb02Kaa0qG6d7dtw&s=19

https://twitter.com/JMulli02/status/1466603605104934918?t=9UmPxQM2BnQbqecMLirDAA&s=19

It's also very funny to see random nobodies on Twitter trying to prove the dudes who work closely with the industry
as animators and production assistants - wrong.
Dec 2, 2021 8:46 PM
Nov 2021
XCF_Konzarn said:
It's astounding how many people really think it's normal for a studio to have 12 episodes completed of a 2/3 cour anime at the time of airing. There is a reason why 99% anime releases weekly. Now I'm not saying the first cour looks bad at all, it's actually much better than I expected. The reason... well we will get to see that when the next batch drops xD.

https://twitter.com/PurpleGeth/status/1466133061821685763?t=QuvYj_wb02Kaa0qG6d7dtw&s=19

https://twitter.com/JMulli02/status/1466603605104934918?t=9UmPxQM2BnQbqecMLirDAA&s=19

It's also very funny to see random nobodies on Twitter trying to prove the dudes who work closely with the industry
as animators and production assistants - wrong.
man these stans in the replies spit whatever they want without any knowledge
Dec 2, 2021 8:48 PM
Nov 2021
Sleepy_Yoshi said:
People are getting too hung up on weekly release vs releasing 12 episodes at once which is not really the crux of the issue that's being laid out in that Twitter post.

You have a pre-production phase that is to short
You have a studio that is on the smaller end in regards to employees
You have a studio in some amount of upheavel since the President stepped down as he assigned staff to every project. Now you have multiple people filling that role some of which are not very experienced.
You have a studio working on multiple projects with the problems above.
You have a deadline to meet that's agreed upon between Netflix and the Production Committe, that even if you wanted to move back, it would mean working longer for the same amount.

And a myriad of other things that go into production meltdowns and issue's. David Production has handled this better then companies that work with aniplex have lately, but it's certainly not the ideal situation for them and there will be many, many corrections in the bluray.
best reply in this thread
Dec 3, 2021 12:14 AM

Apr 2020
Yep, they are not great with handling this kind of thing like Record of Ragnarok, the animation was not that great. Many still-shots were used and the frame rates are lower than your average battle anime which is the result of Netflix's tight schedule to the studio and shitty budget. This can be said with the current situation with Stone Ocean. The animation has degraded unlike the previous parts 4 and 5 which have superb animation. With that all being said, I'm still enjoying part 6 but this is a bad sign.
Dec 3, 2021 2:45 AM

Sep 2020
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:
Weekly sucks for battle shounen that end on cliffhangers and have fights lasting multiple episodes. 12 episodes every 3 months is vastly superior.
Even if it ruins the schedule and u get a much inferior product as a result? You'd like to watch 12 bad quality episodes in a day instead of watching good quality stuff every week? WOW.

how is it bad, just because it's a netflix anime original and the reputation is often bad so you shit on it? the theatrics were more of the same, i know there are some of them that might be weird like downgrade in cgi especially manhattan transfer, but it doesn't matter much

but i'll admit, i liked part 4 and 5 artstyle because i already used to it
Dec 3, 2021 4:04 AM
Jan 2018
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

lack of inspired storyboards and fun quriky animation which defined jojo kato the series director has storyboarded really nice sequences previously but this time it all feels like yeah they are just trying to animate stuff (which is still not that good compared to prev seasons) instead of doing crafty and inspired storyboarding which works even with very limited animation which we've seen in previous seasons

Guessing he and many others had to do other work instead of focusing on this which should have had more priority given that it needed 12 complete episodes by a certain date.
If what I understood from that tweet
Mattinator95Dec 3, 2021 4:54 AM
Dec 3, 2021 7:57 AM

Nov 2019
Do people not realize that part 6 is an ONA and the previous parts were TV series? When Netflix licensed the production it was bound to be a mass release of episodes just like its previous productions (correct me if I'm wrong I've seen like 3/4 Netflix shows) Plus with TV series they are made weekly for television broadcasts for the next week VS Netflix pumping out ONA before a deadline and since they don't adhere to the same constraints as Japanese television broadcasts they don't need to artificially release weekly.
Dec 3, 2021 8:04 AM
Nov 2021
ST63LTH said:
Do people not realize that part 6 is an ONA and the previous parts were TV series? When Netflix licensed the production it was bound to be a mass release of episodes just like its previous productions (correct me if I'm wrong I've seen like 3/4 Netflix shows) Plus with TV series they are made weekly for television broadcasts for the next week VS Netflix pumping out ONA before a deadline and since they don't adhere to the same constraints as Japanese television broadcasts they don't need to artificially release weekly.
this isn't the reason i made this thread if you wanna relase iy relase in whatever format you want but please give animators good amount of time to work with it or in other words give them a good schedule
Dec 3, 2021 8:07 AM
Nov 2021
Morvick said:
MegamiRem said:
Even if it ruins the schedule and u get a much inferior product as a result? You'd like to watch 12 bad quality episodes in a day instead of watching good quality stuff every week? WOW.

how is it bad, just because it's a netflix anime original and the reputation is often bad so you shit on it? the theatrics were more of the same, i know there are some of them that might be weird like downgrade in cgi especially manhattan transfer, but it doesn't matter much

but i'll admit, i liked part 4 and 5 artstyle because i already used to it
hello please bother to read some previous replies just above your reply especially from the guy sleepy yoshi before saying something in the thread
Crcaker69420Dec 3, 2021 8:14 AM
Dec 3, 2021 8:08 AM

Nov 2019
Crcaker69420 said:
ST63LTH said:
this isn't the reason i made this thread if you wanna relase iy relase in whatever format you want but please give animators good amount of time to work with it or in other words give them a good schedule

Yeah I agree with that, Netflix forcing these animators under intense deadlines doesn't help the industry at all.
Dec 3, 2021 12:16 PM
Nov 2021
humantwig said:
Oh no I can't watch my anime weekly as it should be! First World Problems... cry about it.
I see nothing wrong with it as I thoroughly enjoyed the first 12 episodes and can't wait for next batch to come.
happens when you didn't get the point if the thread and still wanna say something
Dec 3, 2021 12:18 PM
Nov 2021
SaberHotMikasa said:
MegamiRem said:

Nah mate. You’re overthinking it & the rest of these Twitter crybabies thinking Part 6 is rushed πŸ˜‚
"crybabies" lmao he is tge most reputed animation commentator rn who's in contact with many industry professionals
Dec 3, 2021 12:27 PM
Sep 2015
Weebs will finally notice, after years, the fact that we're experiencing a total collapse of the anime industry brought forth by the exploitative practices of capitalism and Japanese work culture, and will blame it on Netflix as if Japan isn't the country where overworking is a leading cause of death (Karoshi).
Dec 3, 2021 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
As a manga reader, I have the feeling that all is rushed, there's no breathing times. The little scenes where the characters interact and get more characterisation are all cut.
It's very sad imo

The battles just follow another battle, without any real payoff, we just get the same still image (not long enough imo) for all the "weekly villains" if we can still call them that

Part 6 in the manga was my favorite but its adaptation might end up being my least fav (in term of adaptation judgment dunno if I'm being clear)

Also maybe it's the fact that I already know how this all ends but I can't enjoy watching the anime. I couldn't re-read this part for this reason.

I'm just so depressed by the story, I want to cry everytime something happens on screen that reminds me of the end tbh T_T
Dec 3, 2021 2:46 PM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

I don't see any of the problems you've listed, animation wise it matches 5 if not better. But you're entitled to your view, too bad you're not enjoying it
Dec 3, 2021 2:59 PM
Nov 2019
Crcaker69420 said:
Netflix really should stay away from producing anime they gave this show a really reatrded schedule the very talented director had to rush through everything they are having and 5 animations directors per ep and tons of 2nd key animation which is just ridiculous here is a bit of insight from kvin the guy who writes article at sakugablog https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1466177776059400193?s=19

Exactly what my concern was...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krptic_ - Dec 1, 2021

56 by ahhellno »»
May 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

79 by vankoshtorata »»
May 12, 3:04 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

155 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 24, 3:11 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aoo-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.