Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2021 9:18 PM
Nov 2021
Netflix really should stay away from producing anime they gave this show a really reatrded schedule the very talented director had to rush through everything they are having and 5 animations directors per ep and tons of 2nd key animation which is just ridiculous here is a bit of insight from kvin the guy who writes article at sakugablog https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1466177776059400193?s=19
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2021 9:25 PM

Jul 2020
Uh oh, yeah. Netflix ain't gonna stop even if they read your comment.
Anyways, if Netflix is gonna handle Steel Ball Run then I'm 90% sure it's gonna end up like Berserk 2016

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 1, 2021 9:26 PM
Jan 2021
I think the schedule is a bit annoying and I wish Jojo Fridays were still thing. The main thing I'm struggling with is pacing it out right now. Idk if I want to watch all 12 episode in a day or 2 and then be left without Jojo for a month
Dec 1, 2021 9:31 PM

Jan 2020
Indeed. Pretty sad but I'm not very surprised

Dec 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Jul 2020
oddeyez said:
I think the schedule is a bit annoying and I wish Jojo Fridays were still thing. The main thing I'm struggling with is pacing it out right now. Idk if I want to watch all 12 episode in a day or 2 and then be left without Jojo for a month

OR, just wait for the entire Anime to get uploaded and watch it all at once? I do agree their schedule is weird and annoying. I don't get why their schedule just be like any other streaming platform like Crunchyroll.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 1, 2021 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
As someone who doesn't care about watching shows weekly, I don't really care about it tbh. It's more fun for me to binge chunks with my gf than watching one ep a week and then doing nothing. And I also never care about seasonal stuff to begin with, I just watch what interests me. If it's seasonal then I may watch it as it airs week to week, but I also might just wait until another time to. Either way, Netflix didn't ruin SO in any way by releasing it in chunks. I get that you might like the weekly experience of it more, since I also like the weekly experience of shows like AoT, but it's not a bad thing that it isn't weekly, just different from how it was.
Dec 1, 2021 9:39 PM
Jan 2020
To me it really doesnt matter i think its better there is no way in hell im gonna wait over half a year watching jojo weekly again yeah the schedule is not that good but atleast its better than weekly
Dec 1, 2021 9:42 PM
Feb 2021
At least the animation is good.
Dec 1, 2021 9:42 PM
Aug 2016
Netflix doesn’t produce/adapt or animate JOJO—it’s still david production. They are releasing the episodes in batches which is controversial. Personally i dont mind it as i prefer to binge watch than wait every week. And it seems the next batch with come every month and a half. Someone said its gonna end up like berserk 2016…thats just…wrong… the studio tried CG and failed and yes for part 7 we will most definitely need CG for the horses
Dec 1, 2021 9:58 PM

Jul 2020
RooWrld said:
Netflix doesn’t produce/adapt or animate JOJO—it’s still david production. They are releasing the episodes in batches which is controversial. Personally i dont mind it as i prefer to binge watch than wait every week. And it seems the next batch with come every month and a half. Someone said its gonna end up like berserk 2016…thats just…wrong… the studio tried CG and failed and yes for part 7 we will most definitely need CG for the horses

Yeah, I'm aware the studio is still David Pro I said that because if Netflix gives them even more fucked up schedule for Steel Ball Run it's gonna end up like Berserk 2016 and the staff at David Pro has nothing to say about the schedule.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 1, 2021 10:01 PM
Feb 2021
The production are held COMPLETELY by Warner Bros Japan. Netflix is only licensing it. And releasing it in batch is their decision. They don’t do anything to the production committee.
Saw lots of people say SBR will ended up like Berserk 2016. This is not correct at all. The studio tried CGI and failed while DP already have used CGI for JoJo since part 1.
Dec 1, 2021 10:04 PM

Sep 2020
how shame, i miss jojo fridays, hope they don't fucked up the 2nd cour,
Dec 1, 2021 10:17 PM

Jul 2019
I mean, I do like binging stuff but also wish there was a discussion every week instead. I feel like they should've release the episode like with Arcane, 3 episodes a week seems somewhat better but it's just my opinion.
Dec 1, 2021 10:19 PM
Nov 2014
Crcaker69420 said:
Netflix really should stay away from producing anime they gave this show a really reatrded schedule the very talented director had to rush through everything they are having and 5 animations directors per ep and tons of 2nd key animation which is just ridiculous here is a bit of insight from kvin the guy who writes article at sakugablog https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1466177776059400193?s=19

Netflix is just licensing it. They literally have nothing to do with production.
Dec 1, 2021 10:23 PM

Mar 2019
What's the problem? I'm only three episodes in but it seems as good quality wise as the previous adaptations.

Batch release fucking blows, but that's my only problem with it.
Dec 1, 2021 10:28 PM

May 2020
guy is mad that netflix released 12 episodes at once instead of doing it weekly which would take nearly a year.

genius over here
Dec 1, 2021 10:35 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I'll never understand Netflix's release schedules. I'm just waiting until it's over to binge it.
Dec 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Feb 2008
Weekly sucks for battle shounen that end on cliffhangers and have fights lasting multiple episodes. 12 episodes every 3 months is vastly superior.
Dec 1, 2021 11:11 PM
Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
Uh oh, yeah. Netflix ain't gonna stop even if they read your comment.
Anyways, if Netflix is gonna handle Steel Ball Run then I'm 90% sure it's gonna end up like Berserk 2016

I honestly don’t know how you can really mess up jojo, I was dissatisfied with all the cgi from Manhattan transfer, as far as I can remember I do t think there’s been that much cgi in jojo, but I pray sbr does end up like that. I know dp isn’t wit but it’d be cool to get the horses and steel balls.
Dec 1, 2021 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
Veronin said:
Weekly sucks for battle shounen that end on cliffhangers and have fights lasting multiple episodes. 12 episodes every 3 months is vastly superior.
Even if it ruins the schedule and u get a much inferior product as a result? You'd like to watch 12 bad quality episodes in a day instead of watching good quality stuff every week? WOW.
Dec 1, 2021 11:31 PM
Mar 2021
Netflix is utter dog railed shit when it comes to anime I hope Netflix never think bout touching anime but I not like my say can do shit still fuck Netflix.
Dec 1, 2021 11:37 PM

Feb 2008
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:
Even if it ruins the schedule and u get a much inferior product as a result? You'd like to watch 12 bad quality episodes in a day instead of watching good quality stuff every week? WOW.

Are you sure it's even being ruined in the first place? I've watched 4 episodes of a JoJo that is on par with all the previous series. Better in some regards, actually, since it doesn't have a shoestring budget like it did in the first season.

Just seems to me like more of Twitter crying over self-constructed issues.
Dec 1, 2021 11:41 PM
Jan 2021
Jojo part 6 isn't ruined by the schedule. Clown thread
Dec 1, 2021 11:42 PM
May 2017
Why do they release in this binge format? It take away the weekly hype of a episode.

And plus why do they cut the episode in half? They release second halves like 6-8 month later of their Anime. Because they license it they might release it earlier.

This whole schedule is messed up.
Dec 1, 2021 11:45 PM
May 2017
GGPoke said:
As someone who doesn't care about watching shows weekly, I don't really care about it tbh. It's more fun for me to binge chunks with my gf than watching one ep a week and then doing nothing. And I also never care about seasonal stuff to begin with, I just watch what interests me. If it's seasonal then I may watch it as it airs week to week, but I also might just wait until another time to. Either way, Netflix didn't ruin SO in any way by releasing it in chunks. I get that you might like the weekly experience of it more, since I also like the weekly experience of shows like AoT, but it's not a bad thing that it isn't weekly, just different from how it was.

But this method of their applies to rest Anime as well. Imagine if 10 Anime will air weekly for the next 24 week. They will wait until 12 have been aired then wait another 12 weeks to release the second half.

So, for 10 weeks we have no new Anime. They only had older shows that they don't have which many might have already watched.
Dec 1, 2021 11:45 PM

Oct 2017
Veronin said:
MegamiRem said:

Are you sure it's even being ruined in the first place? I've watched 4 episodes of a JoJo that is on par with all the previous series. Better in some regards, actually, since it doesn't have a shoestring budget like it did in the first season.

I've watched all 12 episodes and I can confirm the production quality is not on par with the previous seasons. There were many still scenes and animation wasn't stable.
Dec 1, 2021 11:47 PM
May 2017
Veronin said:
MegamiRem said:

But most of their shows are ruined by bad script writing or rushed animation. So, even though this time it haven't happen maybe next time quality of the script writing decline.
Dec 2, 2021 12:17 AM
Dec 2019
Scordolo said:
RooWrld said:

Yeah, I'm aware the studio is still David Pro I said that because if Netflix gives them even more fucked up schedule for Steel Ball Run it's gonna end up like Berserk 2016 and the staff at David Pro has nothing to say about the schedule.
Netflix is just licensing the show.they have nothing to do with production.
Dec 2, 2021 12:21 AM
May 2017
Hentai_heaven said:
Scordolo said:

No, they have a say in the airing schedule. People have argue this airing is much profitable. Thus might effect the end product.
Dec 2, 2021 12:21 AM
Mar 2018
from what ive read online, at least the first 12 ep has really good animation. as long as the final product is good, then its fine
Dec 2, 2021 12:22 AM
Oct 2020
Alternatively; Netflix produced an actually great anime adaptation that can be binged or watched weekly.
Dec 2, 2021 12:24 AM
Dec 2019
almightybismarck said:
Hentai_heaven said:

No, they have a say in the airing schedule. People have argue this airing is much profitable. Thus might effect the end product.
correct me if I'm wrong .I dont think licensor has anything to do with schedule,just like crunchyroll.unless they're in production committee
Dec 2, 2021 12:39 AM
Feb 2021
Crcaker69420 said:
netflix bought the rights to have it be released on their platform, they have nothing to do with all that, they simply release it the way it was done by the animation studio - david production.
Dec 2, 2021 12:45 AM
Nov 2021
How? They release half and wait like 20 days and release the next half. What's so sitty about that scedule??
Dec 2, 2021 1:05 AM

Mar 2020
Scordolo said:
RooWrld said:

Well I hope they (Netflix) wouldn't fucked DavPro's schedule to produce SBR in the future though. From what I heard, mostly the staff in DavPro are Jojo fans and I'm sure that they don't want their own favorite series to be fucked up. Personally I don't mind with the 12 episode binge release, but at least gives DavPro their times to make the best result when producing Jojo especially SBR as possible, heck even they (DavPro) needs 3 years to make jojo part 6 has an incredible result.
Dec 2, 2021 1:24 AM

Oct 2010
Here's a pro tip to all the whiners, you can just watch 1 episode per week nothing is preventing you from doing so.
Dec 2, 2021 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't noticed any drops in quality, minus the CGI in one episode which still looked good.
If they release next batch of 12 episodes in 3-4 months, I think the quality will stay really solid for the rest of the show.
However, if they gonna do it monthly, there's no way in hell that David Productions can keep up.
Dec 2, 2021 1:54 AM

Feb 2019
Oh no I can't watch my anime weekly as it should be! First World Problems... cry about it.
I see nothing wrong with it as I thoroughly enjoyed the first 12 episodes and can't wait for next batch to come.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 2, 2021 2:22 AM
Jan 2020
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:

I've watched all 12 episodes and I can confirm the production quality is not on par with the previous seasons. There were many still scenes and animation wasn't stable.

Nah mate. You’re overthinking it & the rest of these Twitter crybabies thinking Part 6 is rushed 😂
Dec 2, 2021 2:25 AM
Sep 2021
Hate how netflix took jjba stone ocean and made it a netflix exclusive when it wasn't even a netflix exclusive to begin with they should have just made their own original anime.
Dec 2, 2021 2:26 AM

Jun 2016
This thread is filled with zoomers that can't wait to coomsume everything at the maximum speed and forget the next day, what has MAL become...
Dec 2, 2021 2:41 AM
May 2017
Hentai_heaven said:
almightybismarck said:

correct me if I'm wrong .I dont think licensor has anything to do with schedule,just like crunchyroll.unless they're in production committee

Netflix is a huge company of course they would push themselves into the production committee for their benefit.
Dec 2, 2021 3:06 AM
Jan 2018
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:

Other seasons have had stiff animation and still scenes
Mattinator95Dec 2, 2021 3:15 AM
Dec 2, 2021 3:20 AM

Oct 2017
SaberHotMikasa said:
MegamiRem said:

Nah mate. You’re overthinking it & the rest of these Twitter crybabies thinking Part 6 is rushed 😂
says the guy who can't even read what I wrote. Where did I say anything about it being rushed?
Dec 2, 2021 3:24 AM
Mar 2020
Crcaker69420 said:
even the subs are bad :/
Dec 2, 2021 3:25 AM

Oct 2017
Mattinator95 said:
MegamiRem said:

Other seasons have had stiff animation and still scenes
I watched the first four seasons long ago so I dun remember em clearly but it hasn't been that long since Golden Wind aired and I dun remember the stiff animation/still scenes bothering me this much.
Dec 2, 2021 3:33 AM
Jun 2016
GGPoke said:

It's not about the watching experience, it's about the production/schedule for animators
Dec 2, 2021 3:52 AM

Jun 2016
Xendr said:
KingCanute said:
This thread is filled with zoomers that can't wait to coomsume everything at the maximum speed and forget the next day, what has MAL become...

More like, people complaining about wanting to watch 1 ep a week, and others telling them "chill bro, just watch 1 a week if you want", and I don't think it has anything to do with the year they were born in

So you are one of them, it's fine, coomsum faster, forget faster.
Dec 2, 2021 4:19 AM
May 2020
KingCanute said:
This dude pressed that people get to watch their show faster than he did.
Dec 2, 2021 4:23 AM
Nov 2020
Crcaker69420 said:
man, almost shed a tear. Netflix stay away from anime-kun!!!
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

155 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 24, 3:11 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

78 by aod-kun »»
Feb 23, 2:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aod-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

75 by aod-kun »»
Feb 21, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.