Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 »
Sep 22, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
Sep 24, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2020
Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults as main characters

Watch an anime that has two or more adaptations listed under Related Anime

Any recommendations for these two items? I would prefer something around 12 episodes long. Thanks in advance!
Sep 24, 2021 2:35 PM

Aug 2015
Hello, I'm unsure what the start date means. "Whatever date you started watching the first anime you use for the challenge."

Can I use any anime I watched this year and put down the earliest?
Sep 24, 2021 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
Ekhan175 said:
Hello, I'm unsure what the start date means. "Whatever date you started watching the first anime you use for the challenge."

Any anime you've watched this year and used for the challenge.
Sep 24, 2021 2:41 PM

Aug 2015
mozgow said:
Ekhan175 said:

Any anime you've watched this year and used for the challenge.

Thank you
Sep 25, 2021 10:39 AM

Feb 2017
(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

What i can use, i used Mushoku because pre-air and it was declined

Obs: need to be TV
_Yuki-sanSep 25, 2021 10:46 AM
Sep 25, 2021 1:34 PM

Sep 2016
Hi, I have a question about "(79) Watch an anime that has a one-word main title". Is Gintama° valid?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28977/Gintama°
Sep 25, 2021 2:00 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
_Yuki-san said:
(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

I have a list of stuff I've watched that are valid for this item, but you've already seen them all. All I can recommend is to look through 2020 anime, as several of them were delayed at some point by COVID, and would have skipped weeks. Make sure you check the Episodes tab on each anime. That's where we look at the dates.

Angeisa said:
Hi, I have a question about "(79) Watch an anime that has a one-word main title". Is Gintama° valid?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28977/Gintama°
That's valid.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Sep 26, 2021 4:39 PM

Sep 2016
dierubikdie said:
That's valid.

Thank you!
Sep 27, 2021 1:53 AM

Jan 2020

Any recommendations? I wouldn't mind something around 12 episodes long, and even better if it's a short. Thanks in advance!
Sep 27, 2021 2:26 AM

Jan 2011
IrrelevantGuy said:

Any recommendations? I wouldn't mind something around 12 episodes long, and even better if it's a short. Thanks in advance!

07-Ghost
ACCA (tho they are technically adults I can't find the proof for their ages)
Arcana Famiglia
Baccano (adults but can't find the proof)
Black Cat
Brothers Conflict
Gangsta
Kekkai Sensen
Nanbaka
(some One Piece movie perhaps??)

Sep 27, 2021 7:49 AM

Jan 2020
OhTsuru said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

07-Ghost
ACCA (tho they are technically adults I can't find the proof for their ages)
Arcana Famiglia
Baccano (adults but can't find the proof)
Black Cat
Brothers Conflict
Gangsta
Kekkai Sensen
Nanbaka
(some One Piece movie perhaps??)

Thanks! I think I will watch Kekkai Sensen.
Sep 29, 2021 7:29 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
(28) Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL

I joined on a 23rd day according to my timezone, but it was still the 22nd in the US timezone. I completed the item for a day 23, is it valid, or participants should align to the same timezone? Should I provide a screenshot to prove it's valid?

Also, I almost completed my challenge and I think that no item of mine was affected by the update of genres/themes/demographics. I would like to have the items checked by a staff member, just to be 100% sure. What should I do?
Sep 29, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Thrasher96 said:
(28) Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL

I joined on a 23rd day according to my timezone, but it was still the 22nd in the US timezone. I completed the item for a day 23, is it valid, or participants should align to the same timezone? Should I provide a screenshot to prove it's valid?
Yes, it must be your local time. The timezone information on the sign-up form is used to determine if this and similar items are valid if we see a different date (due to timezone difference).

Thrasher96 said:
Also, I almost completed my challenge and I think that no item of mine was affected by the update of genres/themes/demographics. I would like to have the items checked by a staff member, just to be 100% sure. What should I do?
The only change that could affect your items is the magic genre removal or if you've started watching item #76 on or after September 15th. Please refer to this post for more details.

We have a list of all the anime that had the magic genre (you can see it in this post) and will use it to verify the validity of an item. Other genres were just move to different categories and we can handle that, so there is nothing to worry about.
mozgowSep 29, 2021 10:13 AM
Sep 29, 2021 10:48 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
mozgow said:
Thrasher96 said:

Yes, it must be your local time. The timezone information on the sign-up form is used to determine if this and similar items are valid if we see a different date (due to timezone difference).

So there is the time zone included in the sign up form, admins thought about everything. Good to know.

Thrasher96 said:
The only change that could affect your items is the magic genre removal or if you've started watching item #76 on or after September 15th. Please refer to this post for more details.

We have a list of all the anime that had the magic genre (you can see it in this post) and will use it to verify the validity of an item. Other genres were just move to different categories and we can handle that, so there is nothing to worry about.

Perfect, thank you very much!
Sep 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
Hello! Can you please check if this entry of mine is valid? :)

Thank you already!
Sep 30, 2021 11:09 AM

Sep 2009
-Eva- said:
Hello! Can you please check if this entry of mine is valid? :)

Thank you already!

Yes, this is ok :)
Sep 30, 2021 11:02 PM

Aug 2010
I guess it's probably pretty impossible for me to participate - I have 1,786 completed series (29,367 episodes) on my list already, so I'm pretty sure that I would not be able to find stuff to watch for the challenges. Maybe it's just me, but excluding my extensive watch history seems a little unfair. Or am I misunderstanding what the rules say?
Oct 1, 2021 12:32 AM

Apr 2010
shukujo said:
I guess it's probably pretty impossible for me to participate - I have 1,786 completed series (29,367 episodes) on my list already, so I'm pretty sure that I would not be able to find stuff to watch for the challenges. Maybe it's just me, but excluding my extensive watch history seems a little unfair. Or am I misunderstanding what the rules say?

I had twice your number of completed anime (3,559) when I started up the challenge, and I still managed to do it at the maximum level with a TV-only restriction, so no it's not impossible to do at your level, merely quite challenging.

Here are a few things to keep in mind :
- While you would be starting up now with less than two months left to complete the challenge, you can actually use anything you started watching this year (from Jan 1st, 2021).
- Unless you're self-challenging yourself with further restrictions, you can use anything in the MAL database as long as it fits the requirements. Yes, even 2-minute-long specials/ONAs/Music Videos.
- The easiest difficulty for the challenge can be achieved with as few as 15 anime. You don't have to fill a full 64-anime card.
Oct 2, 2021 6:08 AM

Jan 2009
Hey, Is Bakuten!! valid for (79) Watch an anime that has a one-word main title? It has an exclamation mark but it not in the middle of two word, so I am not sure.
Oct 2, 2021 6:25 AM

Jan 2009
_Yuki-san said:

I used SK∞ - has a longer gap between 9th and 10th episode.
Oct 2, 2021 10:02 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
chii said:
Hey, Is Bakuten!! valid for (79) Watch an anime that has a one-word main title? It has an exclamation mark but it not in the middle of two word, so I am not sure.
That's valid.

Oct 3, 2021 6:25 AM

Dec 2016
Hello!
For this challenge item (82) Watch an anime with the word "Animation" in the main title
Is Daicon Opening Animations valid? Or does the word "Animation" have to be in singular form? Thanks
Oct 3, 2021 6:32 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello!
For this challenge item (82) Watch an anime with the word "Animation" in the main title
Is Daicon Opening Animations valid? Or does the word "Animation" have to be in singular form? Thanks
That's valid.

Oct 10, 2021 7:36 AM
Aug 2016
QUESTION
I finished (16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed back in march. However upon checking things again now, I noticed there is a licensor added. I did not make a screenshot at the time. Would a screenshot from wayback machine count with a capture made on may 17? The capture is from after I did the challenge and still shows no licersor at that time.
Oct 10, 2021 7:40 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
AkiKitazawa said:
QUESTION
I finished (16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed back in march. However upon checking things again now, I noticed there is a licensor added. I did not make a screenshot at the time. Would a screenshot from wayback machine count with a capture made on may 17? The capture is from after I did the challenge and still shows no licersor at that time.
That's fine. Just put the Wayback link where you would have put the screenshot link.

Oct 10, 2021 7:44 AM
Aug 2016
dierubikdie said:
That's fine. Just put the Wayback link where you would have put the screenshot link.

Awesome, that's a relief. Thanks!
Oct 10, 2021 9:47 AM
Mikuru Beam!

Apr 2011
Just wanted to check if an entry would be valid! for item 72 - Watch a listed themed anime: Mythology or TV Scum

I wanted to use Heaven's Feel, the third movie, but on the tag, it's listed as one entry with three episodes. Would this be usable? Thanks in advance!

Oct 10, 2021 10:00 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
battlewaitress said:
Just wanted to check if an entry would be valid! for item 72 - Watch a listed themed anime: Mythology or TV Scum

I wanted to use Heaven's Feel, the third movie, but on the tag, it's listed as one entry with three episodes. Would this be usable? Thanks in advance!
Yeah, AniDB groups movie series together like that. It's fine ๐Ÿ‘

Oct 10, 2021 10:00 AM

Sep 2009
battlewaitress said:

Yes, this is ok. :)
Oct 10, 2021 10:02 AM
Mikuru Beam!

Apr 2011
@dierubikdie @Kaylee_

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2021 1:29 PM

Oct 2017
Hi!

I was wondering if I can submit my card with some series not 100% completed as long as they are not part of my bingo rows/columns? For example, I decided to start some boxes on my card (example: #88) but now I realize there is no way I can finish the rows with those boxes before the end of November. If not, can I just remove the unfinished anime on my card?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)
CCC47Oct 10, 2021 1:35 PM
Oct 10, 2021 1:34 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
CCC47 said:
Hi!

I was wondering if I can submit my card with some series not 100% completed as long as they are not part of my bingo rows/columns? For example, I decided to start some boxes on my card but now I realize there is no way I can finish the rows with those boxes before the end of November. If not, can I just remove those unfinished anime on my card?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)
We do ask that you remove all items not used by your difficulty when you turn in. For example, if your level only requires four complete lines, then you should remove all the items in your form that are not part of those four lines.

Oct 10, 2021 1:37 PM

Oct 2017
dierubikdie said:
We do ask that you remove all items not used by your difficulty when you turn in. For example, if your level only requires four complete lines, then you should remove all the items in your form that are not part of those four lines.

Thank you for letting me know that! I somehow missed that memo - and I have quite a few completed that aren't part of my 4-in-a-row rows. Thank you for your help! :D
Oct 12, 2021 2:27 PM

Jul 2016
Can I use Kumoko for item #106 "Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character"?

Oct 12, 2021 2:30 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
extremeplant said:
Can I use Kumoko for item #106 "Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character"?
That's valid.

Oct 15, 2021 7:25 AM
็œŸ้ข็›ฎใซๅ‹‰ๅผทใ—ใฆใ‚‹

Jul 2014
"(Optional) Complete our [url=]inspections feedback form[/url] and let us know how we can improve this process.
ใ€€ใ€€— Will be available later on during January/February, depending on the first ones to turn in."

Is there a feedbacl form? Or does January/February mean 2022 when everyone has finished their challenge? I am just wondering because last year I remember there was a feedback form.

If there are no plans of supplying a feedback form, maybe the paragraph should be removed because it might look confusing?

And while I am at it I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone on the challenge team for their hard work they are contributing to the yearly challenge. I bet there are lots of unpleasant things to deal with as well. For example users asking the same quesitons over and over again (like me, because the question above for sure didn't came up for the first time just now - sorry)
BratiOct 15, 2021 7:33 AM
Forum signature
Oct 16, 2021 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Anyone use Gokushufudou Part 2 for their list?
Could use it for
(91) Watch an anime that an active participant has completed for this challenge

็ˆ†ใœใ‚ใƒชใ‚ขใƒซ๏ผ
ๅผพใ‘ใ‚ใ‚ทใƒŠใƒ—ใ‚น๏ผ
ใƒใƒ‹ใƒƒใ‚ทใƒฅใƒกใƒณใƒˆใƒปใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใ‚นใƒปใƒฏใƒผใƒซใƒ‰ !

Oct 16, 2021 2:49 AM

Dec 2016
Hello.
For this challenge item "(110) Watch an anime with more main characters than supporting characters" can I watch any entry that has 0 supporting characters?
Thanks.
Oct 16, 2021 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello.
For this challenge item "(110) Watch an anime with more main characters than supporting characters" can I watch any entry that has 0 supporting characters?
Thanks.
0 supporting characters is a valid option for this item.
Oct 16, 2021 5:41 AM

Apr 2011
UkePaChan said:
Anyone use Gokushufudou Part 2 for their list?
Could use it for
(91) Watch an anime that an active participant has completed for this challenge
I did a quick search, this person used it for item #44 https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1885985&show=50#msg61620276

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

โโโโโ

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Oct 21, 2021 2:06 PM
Aug 2019
I made my original post with the "Genre: Magic" restriction, but that's no longer a genre on this site. Should I just change genres? I haven't added any shows yet.
Oct 21, 2021 2:12 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
jiiniecat said:
I made my original post with the "Genre: Magic" restriction, but that's no longer a genre on this site. Should I just change genres? I haven't added any shows yet.
Here's a full list of anime that had the Magic tag before its removal. Anything on that page will count as having the "Magic" tag. Read this post for more info.

Of course, you're welcome to choose a different restriction if you want, but that's up to you.

Oct 21, 2021 2:13 PM
Aug 2019
dierubikdie said:
jiiniecat said:
Here's a full list of anime that had the Magic tag before its removal. Anything on that list will count as having the "Magic" genre. Read this post for more info.

Of course, you're welcome to choose a different restriction if you want, but that's up to you.

Thank you so much!!!
Oct 22, 2021 7:44 PM

Nov 2010
Is Kore ga Watashi no Goshujinsama valid for (85) (honorifics one)?
Oct 23, 2021 7:24 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Sh- said:
Is Kore ga Watashi no Goshujinsama valid for (85) (honorifics one)?
That's valid

Oct 23, 2021 9:08 AM
Big-Man Stoic

Mar 2021
Can someone suggest an entry for "Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with 6 Genres or more" ? Most of the anime I've found have a max of 5 genres.
Oct 23, 2021 10:00 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
cynical_tsunami said:
Can someone suggest an entry for "Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with 6 Genres or more" ? Most of the anime I've found have a max of 5 genres.
Since MAL did their big overhaul last month, we've modified the rules a bit for that item. Anything listed under "Genres", "Themes", or "Demographics" will count towards the six minimum needed for item 77.
    For example, Monster Musume would be valid:
      Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Ecchi
      Theme: Harem
      Demographic: Seinen
That should make your search a bit easier.

You can read this post for more info about how the overhaul affects the challenge.

Oct 24, 2021 2:49 PM
Big-Man Stoic

Mar 2021
Can I use Kingdom 3rd Season for (81) Watch an anime with the word "Season" in the main title? I started watching this last year, but production for the anime stopped due to COVID, so only 4 episodes were released in 2020. The remaining 19 episodes were released in 2021.
Oct 24, 2021 3:13 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
cynical_tsunami said:
Can I use Kingdom 3rd Season for (81) Watch an anime with the word "Season" in the main title? I started watching this last year, but production for the anime stopped due to COVID, so only 4 episodes were released in 2020. The remaining 19 episodes were released in 2021.
All anime used for the challenge must be watched entirely in 2021, so if you watched some of it before 2021 you won't be able to use it for any challenge item. (The only exception is item 100)
dierubikdieOct 24, 2021 3:16 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

112 by mozgow »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

546 by Lestat- »»
Yesterday, 7:05 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

549 by KazmiZain »»
Yesterday, 4:01 AM

Sticky: » ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿธ Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 ๐Ÿธ๐ŸŒท

Aeradae - Apr 28

21 by vemz21 »»
Jun 11, 4:02 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.