Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Oct 22, 2021 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
Animendez said:
I don’t care, you think the show is shit I think your opinion is shit. I don’t think is free of criticism but the hate it gets is silly so yeah I still think most negative comments are full of shit deal with it.
Funny, I thought that most positive comments were filled with it.

Animendez said:
ok dude don’t care go re watch the OG higurashi
Tbh, you probably should..
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Oct 22, 2021 4:14 PM
May 2018
Hulio said:
Animendez said:
I don’t care, you think the show is shit I think your opinion is shit. I don’t think is free of criticism but the hate it gets is silly so yeah I still think most negative comments are full of shit deal with it.
Funny, I thought that most positive comments were filled with it.

Animendez said:
ok dude don’t care go re watch the OG higurashi
Tbh, you probably should..
I did lmao right before watching the final 6 eps, you do it and then I’ll respect your opinion a bit more, mfs watched this show 10 yrs ago and then wonder why this doesn’t feel as good as that. I stand by my words, this isn’t perfect but the amount of hate it gets by some people is just silly specially because (although i absolutely love it) the OG shows isn’t even perfect itself lol.
Oct 23, 2021 5:04 AM

Oct 2014
Animendez said:
I did lmao right before watching the final 6 eps
I know.
And you still should probably rewatch it ._.
Oct 23, 2021 6:09 AM
May 2018
Hulio said:
Animendez said:
I did lmao right before watching the final 6 eps
I know.
And you still should probably rewatch it ._.
a ok dude good to know I just thought maybe you forgot I mention it.
Oct 23, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
OMG ok i just watched the last episode and it was soooooo much bullshit i couldn't restrain myself from watching it in x1.5 speed.

Nobody in the would forgive satoko. No arguments needed.

At this level of psychosis there is no way back. You don't just turn around and say "You know what i really want to be with you after all maybe i should stop killing you"

I mean... no !
Nope
Absolutely not, F that.

I don't know why they choses to put a shonen's fight inside that either.

I did read the Umineko manga all the way and it was a masterpiece and i was hoping the same for the continuation of higurashi in the anime setup but i ddon't what they were thinking about. It just doesn't amke any sense.

I don't know maybe they could have convinced Satoko in some way, or go for a bad ending with a permanently psychotic Rika who just starts going crazy.

But nope, rika and satoko go full Fate/zero style and end up forgiving each other and they stop looping around and everybody is happy. Hooray !!!!

The whole serie was like 8/10 but now it's not. I just cannot not change my rating after those last episodes.
I was so disappointed i came here to speak about it !
Oct 24, 2021 6:04 PM

Jun 2019
shakespear123 said:
The whole serie was like 8/10 but now it's not. I just cannot not change my rating after those last episodes.
I was so disappointed i came here to speak about it !

Since the original series - the first two seasons - are already a fully complete and self-contained story, it's better for your enjoyment level and sanity to just consider those (+ the 1 episode Nekogoroshi-hen OVA + the 3 episode Saikoroshi-hen arc of Rei, if you want) as the original Higurashi series and this as a sequel.

Lots of movies and TV shows have vastly inferior sequels. It's increasingly more the rule rather than the exception. A lot of people just choose to discard them and stick with the original.
Oct 25, 2021 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah but it's still a sequel and the author himself was involved.

I think there was a rush somewhere and they cut it down to 15 ep instead of 24 and that made it terrible and lack explanation for MANY things.

But it's not less disappointing.
Oct 25, 2021 10:18 AM

Aug 2009
shakespear123 said:

I think there was a rush somewhere and they cut it down to 15 ep instead of 24 and that made it terrible and lack explanation for MANY things.

You can always read the manga version and hope that it will be better.

Gou's manga was pretty much the same story but the execution was better.

Oct 25, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
shakespear123 said:

Ryukishi wrote an outline, and an outline that's turning out to be so vague that although Rena attacking Keiichi at the end of Onidamashi was there, the whole knife vs clock thing was pure Passione, Ryukishi's outline just mentioned they had a "violent fight" with no details. Writing style doesn't really come off in something so vague.

There is a reason that official R07 only gets the "original creator" credit while Naoki Hayashi is the one with series composition.
Oct 26, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2020
Benisuzume said:
shakespear123 said:

Ryukishi wrote an outline, and an outline that's turning out to be so vague that although Rena attacking Keiichi at the end of Onidamashi was there, the whole knife vs clock thing was pure Passione, Ryukishi's outline just mentioned they had a "violent fight" with no details. Writing style doesn't really come off in something so vague.

There is a reason that official R07 only gets the "original creator" credit while Naoki Hayashi is the one with series composition.

We know that Ryu supervised it so there's that. So he definitely had more control than just the plot outline.
Most of Sotsu's Problems come from the general plot and not from the finer details. I.e the club would have been worthless whether Hayashi took some liberties or not.

If Ryuukishis plot was so barebones. Wonder why he had to write a 'telephone book' worth of stuff. Surely that should have been more detailed. Maybe he was just lying, which kinda makes him look worse.

I expect the manga to not change the overall plot either. At most Meguri will flesh Rika and Satoko out a bit more. More like using a different route to get to the same destination. Although we'll have to wait and see.
ChargecoulombOct 26, 2021 8:08 AM
Oct 26, 2021 9:22 AM
Apr 2021
Chargecoulomb said:

If Ryuukishis plot was so barebones. Wonder why he had to write a 'telephone book' worth of stuff. Surely that should have been more detailed. Maybe he was just lying, which kinda makes him look worse.

Are you forgot the fact that he was saying "I had idea of Gou when I was finishing OG" before Gou aired, and that he told that "Idea of Gou came up suddenly 2 years ago, when someone told me that pure remake would be boring, and that changing plot we can spice things up" in an interview after Gou ended airing?
In the past year he lied so much, that I start to think that he is not a writer, but a liar lmao
Oct 26, 2021 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
Chargecoulomb said:
We know that Ryu supervised it so there's that.
With all due respect, we don't.
It all falls under the trick of Devil's Proof.

But yeah, from the sounds of it he's at least agreeing, if not enjoying all the results GouSotsu has done, so guess that's a minus for him.

I expect the manga to not change the overall plot either. At most Meguri will flesh Rika and Satoko out a bit more. More like using a different route to get to the same destination. Although we'll have to wait and see.
Def waiting to see how much, if, the manga actually starts to meaningfully deviate from the Anime version.
Time for some Big Brain Moves Author-San.
Oct 27, 2021 2:09 AM

May 2020
Hulio said:
With all due respect, we don't.
It all falls under the trick of Devil's Proof.

According to Ryuukishi, he looked through the storyboards and gave feedback on it. Everything's by his own admission, but then again he does lie about stuff, so I guess that's it. Considering that Passione and the director had little knowledge of WTC I get the impression that this entire thing hinges on what Ryuukishi wrote in that book he gave to Passione.

Considering Tomato is a HUGE Satoko Rika shipper, he'll probably focus on them. Probably for the best since the club has no real relevance in Sotsu to begin with.
Oct 27, 2021 12:57 PM

Oct 2014
Chargecoulomb said:
Considering Tomato is a HUGE Satoko Rika shipper, he'll probably focus on them. Probably for the best since the club has no real relevance in Sotsu to begin with.
Sorry.. Tomato what? ._.

Speaking of shipping, when will we get to this fragment?

Oct 27, 2021 10:26 PM

May 2020
Hulio said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Sorry.. Tomato what?

I'll be surprised if this dude doesn't add a Satoko Rika H scene with how much they seem to like the pairing.

If we keep believing, I'm sure we'll get there someday. The Higurashi Lemonparty dream will come true.
Nov 2, 2021 12:36 PM

Mar 2015
Sure took them long to realize than you can be friends and go to different schools.

So Eua isn't Featherine? Did 07 just make them look the same for the lulz?
Nov 5, 2021 4:39 AM

Oct 2010
Chargecoulomb said:
According to Ryuukishi, he looked through the storyboards and gave feedback on it. Everything's by his own admission, but then again he does lie about stuff, so I guess that's it. Considering that Passione and the director had little knowledge of WTC I get the impression that this entire thing hinges on what Ryuukishi wrote in that book he gave to Passione.

He might have looked through it, but the director has outright talked about R07 giving them complete freedom, so it seems he mostly let them do their own thing.

https://febri.jp/topics/higurashianime_director_interview/
--What kind of talks did you have with the original author, Ryukishi07?

Kawaguchi: I had received a very detailed plot in the beginning, so I was prepared to receive detailed orders for the animation afterwards, but as soon as I met him, he said, "Please adapt it freely. Feel free to make it your own." Ryuukishi07 had enjoyed watching the anime as a viewer when it was animated before, and said, "I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be flavored this time". As for me, I was under a lot of pressure, but I'm very grateful that I was allowed to work with freedom.

That said, it seems R07's plot wasn't very detailed at all, in spite of R07 and the director claiming it was (although the director also said he read it in a single night, which always made the claim about it being large sound suspicious). For example,apparently it didn't give the staff any info about Eua, according to a newer interview with the director.

https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1635383032

Kawaguchi: We hadn't received any details about Eua, so we didn't know what kind of person she would be at first. I remember we even talked about whether she had a cane or not... even after we received the rough draft. However, talking with the author, he introduced me to the character as a complete version of Hanyu.

--They are very close in appearance, aren't they?

Kawaguchi: That's right. I remember being surprised by the floating horns around her head. Maybe Hanyu will also lose those horns as she grows up (laughs).

And that's kind of crazy when you realize they'd need to write her actual scenes/dialogue and R07 didn't give them info about her until they actually went to talk with him because it was a problem.

Mirai said:

What? If anything the final episode directly confirmed she's Featherine. Her staff breaks and becomes Featherine's cane.
NeonDZNov 5, 2021 4:43 AM
Nov 5, 2021 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
NeonDZ said:
Chargecoulomb said:

He might have looked through it, but the director has outright talked about R07 giving them complete freedom, so it seems he mostly let them do their own thing.

Kawaguchi: I had received a very detailed plot in the beginning, so I was prepared to receive detailed orders for the animation afterwards, but as soon as I met him, he said, "Please adapt it freely. Feel free to make it your own." Ryuukishi07 had enjoyed watching the anime as a viewer when it was animated before, and said, "I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be flavored this time". As for me, I was under a lot of pressure, but I'm very grateful that I was allowed to work with freedom.

That said, it seems R07's plot wasn't very detailed at all, in spite of R07 and the director claiming it was (although the director also said he read it in a single night, which always made the claim about it being large sound suspicious). For example,apparently it didn't give the staff any info about Eua, according to a newer interview with the director.

Kawaguchi: We hadn't received any details about Eua, so we didn't know what kind of person she would be at first. I remember we even talked about whether she had a cane or not... even after we received the rough draft. However, talking with the author, he introduced me to the character as a complete version of Hanyu.

Kawaguchi: That's right. I remember being surprised by the floating horns around her head. Maybe Hanyu will also lose those horns as she grows up (laughs).

And that's kind of crazy when you realize they'd need to write her actual scenes/dialogue and R07 didn't give them info about her until they actually went to talk with him because it was a problem.

Mirai said:

What? If anything the final episode directly confirmed she's Featherine. Her staff breaks and becomes Featherine's cane.
So that's why she only had "This is so interesting" lines.

And lol no the staff breaking isnt reason for her to be Featherine. Why would she be unable to fix it anyway?

And why would Featherine even lose to Hanyuu anyway?

The more you think about it the more senseless it becomes.
Nov 5, 2021 5:01 PM

Oct 2014
NeonDZ said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Mirai said:

Well look at that... I was right?
Who would have guessed.
Nov 6, 2021 1:13 AM
Apr 2021
NeonDZ said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Mirai said:

>However, talking with the author, he introduced me to the character as a complete version of Hanyu.

So you're telling me that complete and very powerful version of Hanyu had lost to incomplete version that has little to no powers? Hmmm.... I sense a lot of bullshit in both Kawaguchi and Ryukishi words
Nov 6, 2021 8:59 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Utter trash. Stop funding 07th Expansion, can't write for shit.

2/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 7, 2021 10:25 AM

May 2020
I'll just add that even if Ryuukishi only gave Passione a one page summary of the story. It still makes both him and Passione idiots.

Ryuukishi - Overall problems with the plot (such as the club being irrelevant, and misc inconsistencies) will still exist. And him giving Passione the tasks of making a Sequel to his most famous work without any due diligence.

Passione - Not getting a detailed script from Ryuukishi, and The recap filled 12 / 13 EPs of Sotsu.

None of them are exempt from blame. Sotsu is both Ryuukishis and Passiones burden to bear. The thought of Ryuukishi letting Passione create a sequel with him not caring is even worse tbh.
Specially if he follows the same approach for a Umineko Anime Adaptation.
ChargecoulombNov 7, 2021 10:31 AM
Nov 7, 2021 5:21 PM

Oct 2010
Si1verR0se said:
So you're telling me that complete and very powerful version of Hanyu had lost to incomplete version that has little to no powers? Hmmm.... I sense a lot of bullshit in both Kawaguchi and Ryukishi words

Well, if you go by -another- interview, this one from Ryukishi himself, Eua basically let herself be beaten at that point because Hanyuu was right, and she was wrong about Rika. She thought Rika would just kill herself or die alongside Satoko, rather than compromising on her dream at the end. Since she was wrong about they'd do, she accepted her defeat to Hanyuu.

https://07th-expansion.fandom.com/wiki/October_8,_2021_Livestream

She wanted to see something unexpected. If Hanyuu was able to show something that Eua never expected then she lets Hanyuu win. Rika and Satoko chase for the Onigari-no-ryuou that is able to kill loopers but Eua knows they can't use it against each other because they love each other so much. Eua predicted that this story would end with Rika and Satoko agreeing to both die at once, due to their love and not giving up both of their dreams. Eua is almighty but she is too far from the human world and she lost the simulation of human mind, and her assumption only counts on the savage nature of humanity. Hanyuu thought the opposite and as she saw Rika, Satoko, the club members and others who related to them for very long time and she knew they can think about opponent more than Eua expect. The problem with St. Lucia and Hinamizawa is that there is no middle ground in this. Yet, by the end of the long fight, Rika and Satoko were able to accept that both of them can't make their dreams become true. It was an unexpected outcome for Eua so she counts it as a miracle, and she played the clown to lose against Hanyuu. Eua was actually able to avoid Hanyuu's attack as well, but it was the agreement so she just took the stab.

Nov 8, 2021 3:47 AM

Aug 2009
NeonDZ said:
Si1verR0se said:

Well, if you go by -another- interview, this one from Ryukishi himself, Eua basically let herself be beaten at that point because Hanyuu was right, and she was wrong about Rika. She thought Rika would just kill herself or die alongside Satoko, rather than compromising on her dream at the end. Since she was wrong about they'd do, she accepted her defeat to Hanyuu.

https://07th-expansion.fandom.com/wiki/October_8,_2021_Livestream

She wanted to see something unexpected. If Hanyuu was able to show something that Eua never expected then she lets Hanyuu win. Rika and Satoko chase for the Onigari-no-ryuou that is able to kill loopers but Eua knows they can't use it against each other because they love each other so much. Eua predicted that this story would end with Rika and Satoko agreeing to both die at once, due to their love and not giving up both of their dreams. Eua is almighty but she is too far from the human world and she lost the simulation of human mind, and her assumption only counts on the savage nature of humanity. Hanyuu thought the opposite and as she saw Rika, Satoko, the club members and others who related to them for very long time and she knew they can think about opponent more than Eua expect. The problem with St. Lucia and Hinamizawa is that there is no middle ground in this. Yet, by the end of the long fight, Rika and Satoko were able to accept that both of them can't make their dreams become true. It was an unexpected outcome for Eua so she counts it as a miracle, and she played the clown to lose against Hanyuu. Eua was actually able to avoid Hanyuu's attack as well, but it was the agreement so she just took the stab.

Thank god all of that made it to the anime right?

> The problem with St. Lucia and Hinamizawa is that there is no middle ground in this.

You mean Rika going alone and meeting with Satoko on her free days isnt a middle ground?

Nov 8, 2021 8:36 AM
Apr 2021
NeonDZ said:

Wait a minute. What does he meant with "She wanted to see something unexpected"? Did he forget that the reason why Eua make Satoko into looper is because "ENTERTAINMENT" not because "She thought Rika would just kill herself or die alongside Satoko, rather than compromising on her dream at the end" lmao
Also, "it was an agreement so she just took the stab" was not even hinted in the anime.
Man I just love those interviews(that most of the viewers will never even read btw) where creators explaining to you WHAT and WHY happened, instead of just, you know, ADDING IT IN THE FUCKING ANIME.
Are they that braindead or what? Instead of spending 12-13 episodes for recaps, they should've spent more time on Eua. But all we got was "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M THE STRONGEST HERE" and then this clown bitch just lost to an asspull because... just because
Nov 18, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2019
Almost 2 months since the ending of this arrived and it's somewhat relieving that the common understanding of this is that....it was very bad (softly said).
At least Gou was interesting and entertaining whereas Sotsu was the exact opposite.
I guess it is what it is...just remember, if you have any cow while milking it stop before you get to the bitter part or even worse if you reach to the blood. Disappointing.

Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Nov 30, 2021 1:02 PM

Sep 2007
What the fuck did I sit through Rika's organs getting ripped out for, TWICE, if we don't even get a revenge scene. What the hell Higurashi.
Nov 30, 2021 1:23 PM

Oct 2017
Verty_ said:
To tell you that I'm immesurably disappointed would be the understatement of the century.

Facts, thats the face of anger lol - and while im not that angry i am that disappoointed, it was kinda like saying, yeah they've lived for centuries, just admitted they were immortal, but still can't grow up? - and even if she hates studying, they couldn't just spend a loop teaching her some other way then the next loop being friends, - like wait till your 30, travel the world, then sotsu won't be stupid, then go to school together, or she could get a part time job or some shit nearby and they could commute, idfk, it was a dumb ending and the fact they're still semi mad at each other is even dumber...
Dec 27, 2021 7:23 PM

Nov 2010
IMO, it's not a bad show. It was interesting to see another perspective during the events of Gou.

As for that ridiculous fight between Satoko and Rika, IMO I think it's normal since they are both immortal teenage girls. They don't really care about their lives so they'll resort to brutal and violent means to get their point across. I've seen people kill for something even pettier, so the happenings in this show is acceptable enough for me. I guess this is what happens when Gods play around with humans for their entertainment. 7/10
Jan 15, 2022 6:41 AM

Aug 2018
Who's that smug loli 0_0

Anyway, is that all?? Is this the true ending?? Everyone's happy?? (Or is it?) Really?! Good!
Jan 15, 2022 9:33 AM
Aug 2021
I really appreciate the first two seasons of Higurashi. It has its moment, and everything leads to the conclusion.

But I just can't see why this sequel exists in the first place. Most of the elements I like about Higurashi barely exist in these sequels too. Especially this season, it's just 13 episodes of Gou recap and the last two new episodes, which is rushed as hell.

I would be ok if the sequel is a canon of the timeline Higurashi Kai ends with but damn this one is extremely disappointing.
Jan 21, 2022 8:23 AM
Feb 2014
I feel if i can't forget Gou and Sotsu, i'll never be able to enjoy Higurashi again.

Feb 10, 2022 1:49 AM

Mar 2016
There's way too much cynicism around this show. If you don't like it, consider it to be extended universe, it's as simple as that. There were some parallels to Umineko and I enjoyed it for that alone. Real fans wanted more Higurashi and got more Higurashi.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Apr 7, 2022 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
Weird but still make sense i guess lol, this insert song is really a banger and help to appreciate the other character ending.
May 13, 2022 4:03 PM

Feb 2009
how to ruin all the themes higurashi stood for? make it into umineko lol
May 27, 2022 4:53 PM

May 2018
I must say that the reason I enjoyed Gou and Sotsu is because Eua and Looper Satoko exists, it gives a complete different kind of story to Higurashi making it at least interesting to watch.

I can see how many people hate the new seasons, but here I am just sitting and watching Higurashi Gou and Sotsu with a sad, happy and surprise face.

May 29, 2022 11:47 PM

Sep 2020
EsieEyen said:
I must say that the reason I enjoyed Gou and Sotsu is because Eua and Looper Satoko exists, it gives a complete different kind of story to Higurashi making it at least interesting to watch.

I can see how many people hate the new seasons, but here I am just sitting and watching Higurashi Gou and Sotsu with a sad, happy and surprise face.

people were just hypping and simping hard for Eua and the connection of Umineko with Higurashi and they got dissapointed badly with that ending. That's what they get for asking too damn much for inserting umineko in Higurashi. Well deserved next time don't ask that much and just wait for the next Umineko season, or even a Cicconia anime instead of just inserting it in Higurashi anything of the instead of being standalone of 07th expansion (When They Cry)
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Jun 10, 2022 4:22 AM

Dec 2018
the real horror and torture of this show was having to watch all the shit you already saw over again, all based on such a flimsy motivation like "i don't want to study" when you can just see her in the summer and then she's back hopefully in three years
also if they're eternal why do they age
Jun 15, 2022 11:29 AM
May 2022
The reason that Gou and Sotsu exists is because Satoko can't study, I want my time back.
Jul 8, 2022 11:20 PM
Mar 2022
man I wish there was more episode. overall 8/10
Aug 19, 2022 5:19 PM
Jun 2022
Higurashi gou and sotsu where quite all right for me (note I haven't read the vns, manga or seen anything umineko, so maybe I'm missing out on something) but watching all of higurashi it ties together all right. Saying that the ending is kind of nonsense, they're both still living in loops so why does it matter if rika goes to st Lucia now if when she dies there could be another tragedy? I hope we get an interesting series after but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Aug 25, 2022 9:48 PM
Sep 2008
mahou shoujo fighting... just... why?
Sep 12, 2022 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
wow... that ending was absolute bullshit.

after completely losing faith in satoko in the last episodes of gou, I figured I wouldn't sit through another few hours on the "answers" of this setup that would probably turn out to be shit anyway, and I'm glad I at least spared myself from personally witnessing sotsu (I just read summaries from the wiki)

It would sound like I'm going back on myself, but objectively speaking, the ending itself wasn't that half bad. what made it absolutely horrendous is that it comes after all the disgusting violence and gore we saw in the previous arcs, which brings me to question - what was the point of all it??? there was no meaning for all that if it was going to be brushed away as if it was nothing in the end and satoko is suddenly cured of her crazy that made her kill people tens if not hundreds of times over...

This "sequel" really destroyed everything that was built up and made to be in the original season, kai, and rei; it ended completely unapologetically and was delivered in the most haphazard way possible.
maybe I really should have listened to the people that were saying that gou and sotsu is a mistake. because after watching gou, and even as I only really saw the last episode of sotsu (nothing substantial happens in most of sotsu anyways), I can say for myself that I wish these sequels didn't exist, as they only completely ruin a good story. I'll just proceed to wipe these "sequels" out of my mind...
Oct 20, 2022 1:27 AM

Oct 2010
this is basically like rei, as in rika loops again, she discovers that she needs to do something, she does that thing, end of story, no major repercussions in the end
gou gave us horror and mystery fanservice and sotsu was basically useless because we already knew that satoko created the incidents by injecting the people close to rika, making us see it from satoko's POV was boring though, they could've kept that to a minimum.
the last two episodes had the confrontation, lots of umineko fanservice here but like I said, no impact in the plot, the girls made up, the end, rika goes to st lucia and satoko lives in the village, we got the same happy ending that kai gave us, what's to argue here.
If it were me, I would've make gousotsu 24 episodes long, writing 2-3 mystery arcs, then let the viewers know about satoko and make the answer arcs like 2 episodes or something, there is nothing to gain in showing the same thing, satoko injected the people, that it. I would've deleted the witch fight irl and keep that in the fragmented world where it makes sense to happen. The add a lot of sexy fanservice with rena, mion and shion, happy end
Dec 18, 2022 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
Higurashi Sotsu (Answers) was very enjoyable for what it was. Just like Gou was enjoyable, so was Sotsu, so I dont know why the negative scores.

Sure, episode 14 and 15 of Sotsu were different with the fighting, but that shouldn't sour the whole experience of this Sotsu season 2

As someone who watched the whole Higurashi franchise this 2022, thumbs up.
oooo3333Dec 18, 2022 7:41 PM
Jan 21, 2023 10:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
high school exams drive people crazy!!! kekeke
Jan 28, 2023 1:32 AM
Jan 2021
compared to prequels, this answer arc is dud
Jan 30, 2023 10:48 PM

May 2020
I enjoyed getting a good ending. And i liked this episode.
っ◔◡◔)っ ♥Average gamer and anime enjoyer♥
Feb 1, 2023 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm I'm torn about that last episode. Satoko was not punished a lot for all the shit she did (though was that even the real Satoko?). The conclusion doesn't really make a lot of sense either. But somehow I still don't see this as that bad of an ending.

Most of the season was just recapping stuff and in episode 14 they went full Dragonball Z. But I can still accept that ending and Gou and Sotsu are still the better seasons of all the Higurashi I watched. So... this is fine. 6/10
Feb 5, 2023 7:29 AM
Jan 2018
Doesn't matter if it killed Higurashi franchise, it's still 10/10 for me!! Recommended!!
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.