Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2008
This whole thing sure was pointless.

Anyway.
Sep 30, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2010
And they all lived happily ever after!
What a travesty. Honestly, this sequel didn't even need to be made. My biggest problem with Gou, when it was airing, had been that the real overarching mystery essentially was "Why did a Higruashi squeal need to be made?" And, it turns out it didn't. Honestly, this was one of the worst things I've ever seen, it took a crap on the original, and I'm now far less inclined to read or watch anything else Ryukishi07 has made.

I will say though, I did quite enjoy coming into these threads and reading what everyone had to say each episode. For as bad as Gou and Sotsu where, I'm going to miss these threads. Catch you all another time hopefully.
Now, count up your sins!
Sep 30, 2021 10:16 AM

Nov 2012
Well, I loved Gou so much, but Sotsu was huge let down, recaps and no effort ending. Still I noticed, they opened some paths in ending to make even more Higurashi in future if they would like to. Overall Im disappointed and sad 😔

Gou 9/10
Sotsu 4/10
Sep 30, 2021 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
Best episode in whole Gou and Sotsu series, Hanyu vs Eua part was weakest part in episode, but all after that was nice and heartwarming :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 30, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2021
Gou y sotsu son mi introducción a esta saga y tras el final tengo algunas cosas que decir.
Gou me pareció una serie increíble y me voló la cabeza descubrir que no era un reboot sino que era una continuación de una serie que no conocía y claro mis expectativas sobre sotsu eran muy altas.
¿Que pasó? No es que me haya gustado, me alegró que se hayan enfocado en satoko para darle algunas respuestas sobre Gou, aunque fue algo tedioso que la mayoría de la serie fuera eso. Los dos últimos capítulos estuvieron bien pero la resolución en el último...ya lo esperaba y aún así se sintió decepcionante.
No sé, quizá si necesito ver las dos series originales y umineko ya que hubo algunas cosas que no entendí, de ahí en fuera sentí que fue un lindo final aunque claro, esperaba algo más.
7.5/10
Sep 30, 2021 10:27 AM
Sep 2021
I hope for Bern and lamda birth in the ending...but get nothing lol.
If Higurashi was slice of life and fantasy series without mystery horror the ending will be perfect.
Overall after long years the nostalgia feelings is rewards but not the storyline and ending.
Never give anime score below 5 because is hard to make animation...will give gou-sotsu 6-7 because I love Yuri in all of form.
See you again...when something cry...my heart is crying now lol.
Sep 30, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
Digimon 2020 was more disappointing.
Sep 30, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2015
Well the story is now over. Satoko and Rika had their epic battle, talked it out in words and agreed to take a break. Everything is well, and they shall loop again when they cry. 8/10. Dear You really won me over, and I have a much stronger desire to read Umineko!
Sep 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Jun 2021
I really wish they showed more of everyone grown up. Maybe some university Hugurashi wouldve been sick!! Oh well, maybe they can try again if they continue it
Sep 30, 2021 10:35 AM
Apr 2021
iiKrina said:
before anyone falls for the 'happy ending' of satoshi waking up just remember, we know that he is supposed to wake up all the time and be extremely violent so he is strapped into the bed at all times. it is literally impossible for that scene to have actually happened. this show doesn't even know its own lore.

Actually no, do you forget that Irie said that "Syndrome is gone" around 16-17 episode of Gou? He will wake up but already cured. SotsuGou kinda consistent within its own sometimes
Sep 30, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2020
Bruh? Like what? why did it end like that? what was the point of all this? Actually feel terrible with the whole 'lets-make-up-now-after-torturing-each-other-for-who-knows-how-many-years'.

More Umineko references lol. also ED is nice but just ain't it for this anime. just why

just why/10

Feb 2017
i cackled when satoshi woke up. my dude had like 0 relevance to the plot.

this ending is basically telling me that rika and satoko's problems could have been resolved if they just talked to their friends?? theyre killing each other over and over bc they each have different dreams but then all they have to do is hear their friends say something along the lines of "sometimes friends need to be apart but its okay" and all of a sudden everything is fine and dandy?? bro like why didnt you guys go to your friends with your problems in the first place

not sure i understand the bit about satoko's old self(?) returning to her body?? evil satoko let normal satoko back into her body but i thought normal satoko had been cast away? how does normal satoko even know what's been going on if evil satoko had been inhabiting her body this entire time?

ending song was SO GOOD btw

edit: came back here after 2.5 months to publicly shame myself for NOT RECOGNIZING the song played at the end. jesus christ
amagirinomikotoDec 12, 2021 11:40 AM

placeholder text

Apr 2013
The ending leak was real. Fuck this shit, there was no reason this ending was at all deserved.
Sep 30, 2021 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
Well obvious, weird happy ending. Liked the continuation aka previous season, felt like it was leading to something major, but in the end it was all completely pointless ...
Overall 5-6/10 and generous 6 in the end, duel of fates episode was something else.
Sep 30, 2021 10:40 AM
Sep 2021
I was gonna write a long reply detailing my thoughts on this but i am so glad to be over this awful show. Rest in piss sotsu/gou may you never bait another wtc fan into watching you again.
Sep 30, 2021 10:40 AM
Feb 2018
Only slightly less bad than Danganronpa 3. Overall not worth it.
Sep 30, 2021 10:43 AM

Aug 2015
I like the fight, and the Umineko tease with the speech between Rika and Satoko. Hearing "You" at the end nearly broke me, that song is too Godly.

Overall, while Sotsu for me started good (I LOVE ep 1 and 2) it just went downhill fast because of the number of recaps, even tho it still had some good original scenes.
Sep 30, 2021 10:45 AM

Nov 2013
Man they tried so hard to appeal to nostalgia in the 2nd half. Not that I expected anything else out of this.

They added the only nice thing of this whole installment (the "Dear You" arrangement) and obviously they had to moralfag us at the end about friendship and whatnot (as if the characters were not butchered enough) while simultaneous pandering with some more Umineko references. I legit rolled my eyes at that word-per-word parting of Rika and Satoko.

Props to Teppei for being the most relevant male character coming out of Sotsu. Fitting as the nature of the character matches with the quality of the season.

Anyway glad that this is finally over. 1/10 for me, won´t be caught again in another Higurashi installment.

KaitonSep 30, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 30, 2021 10:46 AM
Aug 2017
I'm just glad is over. Too bad you can't give -10 ratings to this thing because for sure It does deserve it.

At least they are gonna milk the franchise with the new character designs and make figures and what have you.
Sep 30, 2021 10:53 AM

Sep 2021
It's literally shit. Ryukishi07 became Hackishi07 if he was really in charge of the script.
Sep 30, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2017
anyone know the name of the song at the end of the anime (around the 18-19 mark)
Sep 30, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
Si1verR0se said:
iiKrina said:
before anyone falls for the 'happy ending' of satoshi waking up just remember, we know that he is supposed to wake up all the time and be extremely violent so he is strapped into the bed at all times. it is literally impossible for that scene to have actually happened. this show doesn't even know its own lore.

Actually no, do you forget that Irie said that "Syndrome is gone" around 16-17 episode of Gou? He will wake up but already cured. SotsuGou kinda consistent within its own sometimes

Just skimmed through episode 17 of Gou again, Irie says "I will be back someday to continue treating Satoshi and put a definitive end to HS". Later Tomitake also says Irie "Will be back because the village still needs a medical clinic, as well as a cure for HS". So no I don't think it was 'cured' just yet. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
Sep 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2017
You know I really hated this ending but then I saw Hanyuu wrecking that annoying ass Eua and Teppei happy ending so I will just ignore everything related to Rika and Satoko. lmao
Sep 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Sep 2021
Zerity said:
anyone know the name of the song at the end of the anime (around the 18-19 mark)

Dear You by Dai
Sep 30, 2021 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
NocturnSunshower said:

wow this is the first time i've heard of someone else disliking danganronpa 3 lol, gg
Sep 30, 2021 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Umineko-chad said:
Zerity said:

https://youtu.be/AqyKkcwd-rY

thank you kind sir
Sep 30, 2021 11:01 AM

May 2020
iiKrina said:
Si1verR0se said:

Just skimmed through episode 17 of Gou again, Irie says "I will be back someday to continue treating Satoshi and put a definitive end to HS". Later Tomitake also says Irie "Will be back because the village still needs a medical clinic, as well as a cure for HS". So no I don't think it was 'cured' just yet. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

He was kept in a medically induced Coma so he shouldnt have randomly woken up like that.

.... At least not without Irie and bunch of other workers restraining him to make sure he doesnt claw his throat out.
Sep 30, 2021 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
iiKrina said:
NocturnSunshower said:

wow this is the first time i've heard of someone else disliking danganronpa 3 lol, gg

I'll throw in my hat, DR3 was hot garbo.
Sep 30, 2021 11:02 AM
May 2021
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked this ending? It definitely wasn't perfect, and I didn't like the bs they pulled in the EUA vs Hanyuu fight. I also didn't like the fact that Satoko didn't really face any real consequences in this ending. Sure she won't see her "friend" for like what? 3 years? But that's not really a consequence considering all she's done if you ask me.

Despite those 2 issues though, this ending really surprised me. I genuinely thought they would go full "power of friendship" mode with the ending and have Satoko and Rika end the series as perfect friends like they were before all this even started, or even lovers. That ending would have pissed me off beyond belief. But they actually shocked me by going with an ending where, yea they're cooler with each other now, but they definitely don't see completely eye to eye now. If they weren't going to go with the full dark ending like I knew they wouldn't, I think this is the best alternative.

Overall though, SOTSU as a whole has been disappointing...especially the last 5 or so episodes. Not everything was bad, but man they REALLY could've done so much better with this premise.
Sep 30, 2021 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
SkyhighCFC said:
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked this ending? It definitely wasn't perfect, and I didn't like the bs they pulled in the EUA vs Hanyuu fight. I also didn't like the fact that Satoko didn't really face any real consequences in this ending. Sure she won't see her "friend" for like what? 3 years? But that's not really a consequence considering all she's done if you ask me.

Despite those 2 issues though, this ending really surprised me. I genuinely thought they would go full "power of friendship" mode with the ending and have Satoko and Rika end the series as perfect friends like they were before all this even started, or even lovers. That ending would have pissed me off beyond belief. But they actually shocked me by going with an ending where, yea they're cooler with each other now, but they definitely don't see completely eye to eye now. If they weren't going to go with the full dark ending like I knew they wouldn't, I think this is the best alternative.

Overall though, SOTSU as a whole has been disappointing...especially the last 5 or so episodes. Not everything was bad, but man they REALLY could've done so much better with this premise.

How can you like this ending? It makes no sense for Rika to forgive. At all.

At any rate I won't even give sotsu the benefit of the watch, from spoiler reactions it is just exactly how leaker leaked so I don't have to watch this garbagio.
Sep 30, 2021 11:06 AM
Jun 2013
Okay, let's ignore all the "I know you love me although u killed me several times", let's talk more about the lore.

Again, I'm not an expert in Umineko, I know just the basic, BUT, there's no fuckin way the most powerful witch in existence, would lose against Hanyuu and a magic sword, let aside in a 10 seconds fight.

Also, as far as I know, breaking that "halo" of Eua should make WAAAAAAAAY MORE than just reduce her.

And how does this connect with the post credit scene of higurashi? Where Witch Rika appears. These two seasons are suppossed to take place in the timeline of higurashi OC, the first time Rika breaks the loop, then she and Satoko go to Saint Lucia, all this shit happens and THEN, go back to higurashi OC and the post credit scene take place, with a Witch Rika helping the blonde gilr (at this point I don't remember her name), to evade this loop from happening, loop which theorically ended as we've seen, with her coming back to her senses by herself, so why go to her house from her childhood when literally nothing happened.

Idk, this doesn't make sense.

I supposse this is only to canon-link Higurashi with Umineko and explain the origin of the witch version of Satoko.

Anyway, if we listen to the leaker, which apparently was entirely right, we're gonna have more Higurashi (not Umineko, that's important) in 2022. Sooooooooooooo....

Until that new Higurashi thing prove it to be some kind of masterpiece enough to make these 2 seasons a little bit important, the original ending is my canon, not this.
Sep 30, 2021 11:07 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
1/10 extremely disappointed.

Higurashi fans got nothing
Umineko Fans got nothing
Yuri fans got nothing

A complete and utter waste of time. This disappointment is an utter cancer on WTC. Passione should be ashamed about making this, and Ryuukishi should be ashamed he wrote this mess. This destroyed Rika and Satoko for what? NOTHING!

No witch ending, no Yuri ending. Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

This is a shame. A real shame.

After everything, Passione has the balls to play dear you at the end of this travesty.

You think a yuri ending would've been appropriate considering all the shit Satoko has done in this series? It would definitely not feel justified imo

May 2020
Enerccio said:
SkyhighCFC said:

At any rate I won't even give sotsu the benefit of the watch, from spoiler reactions it is just exactly how leaker leaked so I don't have to watch this garbagio.

Wait for the manga, I doubt much will change, but it will at least be a little better than this.

Apr 2013
Jin_uzuki said:
The moral of the story is uuuuuuuuuhhhh

You can disembowel your bestest of best friends and still be able to kiss and make up in the end because you're friends who need to understand each others' boundaries.

Also punch them in the face when they complain about studying for math.
Sep 30, 2021 11:11 AM
May 2021
spiderexpert said:
It's like they asked a 5 year old to write a happy ending. What a waste of a season.
The only redeeming quality is the faithful representation of a lesbian relationship.

There wasn't even really that...
Sep 30, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2020
SkyhighCFC said:
Chargecoulomb said:
1/10 extremely disappointed.

Higurashi fans got nothing
Umineko Fans got nothing
Yuri fans got nothing

A complete and utter waste of time. This disappointment is an utter cancer on WTC. Passione should be ashamed about making this, and Ryuukishi should be ashamed he wrote this mess. This destroyed Rika and Satoko for what? NOTHING!

No witch ending, no Yuri ending. Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

This is a shame. A real shame.

After everything, Passione has the balls to play dear you at the end of this travesty.

You think a yuri ending would've been appropriate considering all the shit Satoko has done in this series? It would definitely not feel justified imo

Of course not, Im saying that nobody got anything out of this. Not even the Yuri fans.
Sep 30, 2021 11:13 AM

Jun 2012
ForzaItaliano said:

*inserts emotional happy Disney ending*

10/10. Best anime of the century.

Hey, at least Disney would have thrown the bad guy off a cliff or something.
Sep 30, 2021 11:17 AM

Jan 2018
Zerity said:
Umineko-chad said:

https://youtu.be/AqyKkcwd-rY

thank you kind sir

Thats not the right song, there are many differnt versions of "you", that version is from Higurashi no naku koro ni Outbreak if I remember correctly.

I'm currently looking for the name of this version as well.
Sep 30, 2021 11:18 AM
May 2021
Enerccio said:
SkyhighCFC said:

I literally just explained why I liked the ending? If you don't like it, that's completely fine too.

As for Rika forgiving Satoko...you have to remember what series this is. Let's not act like they haven't pulled the bs "friendship" card many times over in this very series. Personally, I wouldn't have, nor did I think she was obliged to, but what can you do eh?
Sep 30, 2021 11:18 AM

Oct 2016
ryu07 really went and wrote a terrible fanfic of his own creation lmao

Sep 30, 2021 11:19 AM

May 2020
Kurotaku-sama said:
Zerity said:

thank you kind sir

Thats not the right song, there are many differnt versions of "you", that version is from Higurashi no naku koro ni Outbreak if I remember correctly.

I dont think its out yet

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NABSgiM4IM

While it does, I heavily reccomend anyone to listen to dear you Kizuna
ChargecoulombSep 30, 2021 11:39 AM
Sep 30, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
Kurotaku-sama said:
Zerity said:

thank you kind sir

ima try and find it as well, i forgot that this song was played during higurashi
Sep 30, 2021 11:20 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Of course not, Im saying that nobody got anything out of this. Not even the Yuri fans.

Fair. I'm just happy they didn't give us an ending where they tried to pretend like Rika and Satoko could just get on as friends like nothing happened.
Sep 30, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
The "Dear You" at the end of Outbreak is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwiAGCr1EJY , but it's not the version played in Sotsu. I can't really tell which one is utilized in sotsu, I think they have made another version of Dear You.
Sep 30, 2021 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
Felt like a disaster throughout honestly

Dear You always remains in my heart though no matter how many years pass

I hope they adapt all umineko games and make a total joke out of them now
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 30, 2021 11:26 AM

Oct 2019
By the time Keiichi, Rena and Mion showed up I had already forgotten that this series used to have more than two main characters. I'm so tired of Satoko and even Rika to an extent, I wish the writers actually used this wonderful cast of characters and did something more interesting, both in the latter half of Gou and the entirety of Sotsu.

I know people complained about the bizarre tone-shift in Ep. 14 (I agree btw, that magical fight felt very out-of-place), but for me this one was even more strange. All these traumatic loops and suddenly after a fistfight everything is settled and somehow these two aren't mentally unhinged and sakura trees blossom while happy times ensue. The resolution certainly felt undeserved and rendered the whole reboot/sequel/??? pretty much pointless. Also, showing Satoshi waking up and nothing else regarding him was straight-up cheap.

3/10, mostly because of the abundant recaps.
Sep 30, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2018
Chargecoulomb said:
Kurotaku-sama said:

I dont think its out yet

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9SMx_UWfQ

I heared already all versions but in my opinion Dear You and You ~Arigatou~ are the best.
Sep 30, 2021 11:31 AM
Apr 2014
Hanyuu defeated Eua and peace has been brought back to Hinamizawa.

I pretty much guessed right that Rika and Satoko would go their separate ways and Rika would attend St Lucia on her own. I did not expect that they promised each other to keep in touch eventually after an eternal fight in loops. In the end it seems that Looper Satoko eventually left this world behind but I am not sure. a bittersweet ending.

The concept of 2 friends looping is pretty much an unexplored territory. I mentioned in the other thread that I could make the concept better than R07 and I will try my best to deliver, even if it can take years before I have something to show.
Sep 30, 2021 11:33 AM
Jan 2018
Chargecoulomb said:
Kurotaku-sama said:

I dont think its out yet

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9SMx_UWfQ

I really like the Kizuna version, but... this link is to a video of Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai! hahaha
Sep 30, 2021 11:34 AM
Oct 2020
She got away with murdering everyone
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.